PDA

View Full Version : Meme stuck in my head

Anno
30th August 2011, 21:49
This has been stuck in my head for a few days now. What does it meeeeeaaaan?

"He's a jag, he's a jag, he's a jag-u-ar. He's a jag, he's a jag, he's a jag-u-ar. He's a jag, he's a jag, he's a jag-u-ar"

PurpleLama
30th August 2011, 22:36
is he stretched out and purring, waiting for more?

---EDIT---

It's stuck in my head, now. Thanks. :b

ghostrider
30th August 2011, 22:49
I say lets make it an alternative media anthem, just to slap MGM in the face for Kerry, just like the little ditty before the old star trek series, he's a jag he's a jag he's a jag jaguar... love it.

Anno
30th August 2011, 22:56
It just digs itself in there and won't let go lol. I'd not noticed it before but I was watching some old Camelot vids the other day and I was listening to the music and it started. At first I thought it was coming from outside then I realised it was part of the tune.

Agape
30th August 2011, 23:19
It's a 'cult song' of sorts ...I don't know you but to me it links to Tracy's Tiger book from Saroyan .

I was introduced to that little book many many years back by friend of mine and not read it since but the message it contained felt so archetypal and familliar .

Your Jaguar or other animal ..has to stay with you ..sometimes it's what you fear the most ..and then you learn to make friends ..but the Tiger is to stay wild .
And if you starve it to death by consumerism and chase it away ..and forget that part of mystery in our force and mind ..that's where our civilisations starts dying .

I don't know if this is the underlying message ..but it triggers the message in me..Curiously enough, in some period of my childhood ..when I was to go to sleep I had a vivid feeling of animal sleeping under my bed and had to go to check it's not there . I'd seldom fear anything that time and no idea where the impression came from..

;)

http://www.amazon.com/Tracys-Tiger-William-Saroyan/dp/B000E1HGXY

PurpleLama
30th August 2011, 23:53
You just think it gets stuck in there, now. Wait until you've heard it enough that you can sing along the whole song. Then you will see. Then you will know.

So, Anno, friend, buddy, pal, tell me, do you ever listen to Kerry's Whistleblower Radio? She really does some top notch interviews and follow ups on there. You should really check it out. I highly recommend it!

PurpleLama
30th August 2011, 23:59
@agape- I don't know if you are corelating that to the project camelot theme song, but nevertheless I do understand the feeling of someone nearby that gives a weird fearful thrill, and having to look to be sure. I appreciate a lot of your input on this forum! To you, too, anno!

Mike
31st August 2011, 00:14
it's a horrible song! lol!

yet oddly comforting;) love those old interviews.

Anno
31st August 2011, 00:29
[...]..when I was to go to sleep I had a vivid feeling of animal sleeping under my bed and had to go to check it's not there . I'd seldom fear anything that time and no idea where the impression came from..[...]

If I feel like I need protection at night I see/picture/visualise a huge bear sleeping on my bed and me tucked up in its arms nice and safe. =]

You just think it gets stuck in there, now. Wait until you've heard it enough that you can sing along the whole song. Then you will see. Then you will know.

So, Anno, friend, buddy, pal, tell me, do you ever listen to Kerry's Whistleblower Radio? She really does some top notch interviews and follow ups on there. You should really check it out. I highly recommend it!

When I noticed there were actually words I muted it =$ I don't usually listen to radio shows online because I have limited bandwidth. Are they available for free? I like Kerry's interview style. I know people complain that she skips over some stuff but I think she has a valid 'straight for the throat' approach that really compliment's Bill's 'let em waffle and see what happens' approach.

it's a horrible song! lol!

yet oddly comforting;) love those old interviews.

I was watching ones from 07/08. I'd never heard the full song before. The guitar is awesome but (sorry Kerry) I don't think the lyrics 'added to the peice'. Clearly works if it's still stuck in my head though!

Mike
31st August 2011, 00:39
the lyrics didn't "add to the piece". lol!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

and the ' most ironically euphemistic post of the year' goes to....(drum roll)

ANNO!

PurpleLama
31st August 2011, 01:07
Whistleblower Radio is free, and is linked on Camelot's front page. It's all audio, so it's a little more bandwidth friendly than the youtoob. I was not being dishonest in the least in my endorsement, however, anno, you have never wronged me, so I must confess, the jaguar song gets played as the intro for every one and sometimes you get to hear the song all the way through. The interviews are really great.

Anno
31st August 2011, 01:18
I've got nothing against the song itself, it's just that from a production point of view (in the videos) the guitar is awesome, cleanly recorded and loud and then you have this little voice in the background somewhere. That's why I thought it was coming from somewhere else at first then had a "Woh, the Camelot theme tune has words?". He's a jag, he's a jag, he's a jag-u-ar. That may become my ringtone.

I'll check out the radio shows and thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to skip the first few minutes. I do that usually anyway. Given we're on the internet and time/bandwidth is of the essence, I don't know why internet based radio shows and youtube videos waste the first few minutes with music and intros. There's nothing more annoying than letting a 9 minute youtube video preload then realising the first six minutes is the authors favourite mp3 and no actual content.

Lord Sidious
31st August 2011, 08:52
You nuggets be nice, Uncle Sidious loves cats, domestic and not.
And yes, I know what that theme is.:p