PDA

View Full Version : When you realize that consciousness is more important than even life itself..

raymond
1st September 2011, 03:33
OSYtQy9EqTA

when you realize that your consciousness is more important than your wealth, properties, husband, men, wife, women, children, parents, siblings, country

and when you realize your consciousness is even more important than life itself

then that's when you are truly free

transitionalman
1st September 2011, 03:54
Thank you for this. I really enjoyed it!

WhiteFeather
1st September 2011, 04:03
It Is Simply Motivating My Consciousness, Thank You! ~WF~

Seikou-Kishi
1st September 2011, 11:20
What's so important about my consciousness that it's more important than husband, men, wife, women, children, parents, siblings? They're all people with their own consciousness

conk
1st September 2011, 18:37
What's so important about my consciousness that it's more important than husband, men, wife, women, children, parents, siblings? They're all people with their own consciousness

Because they are all illusions. Consciousness is all there is.

greybeard
1st September 2011, 18:53
There are no personal events- nothing is personal.
There is no individual person.
It is all the play of consciousness
However while we are in the play we need to act a though it is all very real because there is a value to be found in the choices we make.
Every life supporting act, every act of compassion raises the consciousness.
Consciousness is evolving to know it Self.
Words are inadequate to describe what is going on.
Literally nothing is happening-- only the mind moves.
Only God is and that what you/we are.
That information is only helpful up to a point-- we are spirit/consciousness in a human body having a human experience and thats the way it is at the moment.

Chris

Seikou-Kishi
1st September 2011, 19:45

But they are other shards of one whole consciousness. That consciousness is not solely mine as it is not solely yours. It would be a very selfish thing to say that other people are less important, and it would only separate one further from the infinite consciousness. In my opinion, one should consider one's own consciousness pre-eminent among all things, but the least and most unimportant of every instance of consciousness. What right do I have to safeguard my own consciousness if that would infringe upon the sanctity of another's consciousness? I couldn't devalue the consciousness of another to exalt my own — to me, that's the same kind of service-to-self that causes all of the problems in the 3D/material world

raymond
1st September 2011, 20:24

But they are other shards of one whole consciousness. That consciousness is not solely mine as it is not solely yours. It would be a very selfish thing to say that other people are less important, and it would only separate one further from the infinite consciousness. In my opinion, one should consider one's own consciousness pre-eminent among all things, but the least and most unimportant of every instance of consciousness. What right do I have to safeguard my own consciousness if that would infringe upon the sanctity of another's consciousness? I couldn't devalue the consciousness of another to exalt my own — to me, that's the same kind of service-to-self that causes all of the problems in the 3D/material world

what is or what is not selfish?

the reason why i post this thread is that most people pursue the acceptance and love of the husband, wife, bf/gf, parents, children, neigbours, friends, colleagues, ex-schoolmates and in doing so, ignore the development of their consciousness..

tptb and the dark ones even chase after wealth and properties and the fame and power found in the media and government industries at the expense of their consciousness..

do not fool yourself.. there is no such thing as STS or STO.. there is only STG (Service to God) and the only true service to god is not by going around doing compassionate acts..

compassionate acts help but to truly help and give back to god is to raise your own consciousness.. all other acts are superfluous..

STS individuals may gather some psychic power and their powers pale in comparison to the true STG followers..

raymond
1st September 2011, 20:34
btw i am truly pissed off by the STS and STO differentiation..

if you give to others at the expense of giving yourself.. ie. a mother working herself to death being a career woman and a mother at the same time.. how is that being spiritual? if you die early, how are you gonna help others?

STS examples are even more obvious acts of selfishness..

i am sure it is not only important to give not only to others but to yourself as well.. to only give to others so that they may adore you and shower you with accliams is a form of vanity, of ego at work

are you not part of god too? are others not part of god too?

to differentiate between sts and sto is to create an unneccessary dualistic concept.. we are all part of god and we are meant to treat all of us with kindness including and dare i say, especially our own selves..

STG (Service to GODs) is the only way to go

Seikou-Kishi
1st September 2011, 21:12
But "God" is in everybody. It is the presence of god in everybody that makes them spiritual and not material beings. Working towards the acceptance of other people, I would contend, is entirely not working for service to others; seeking such acceptance is a service to the self, because those other people become tools in one's pursuit of acceptance. As for a woman pursuing a career and maternity... I do not see how that is service to others; a career does not necessarily serve others, it fulfils the woman's desire to hold a career, and as for maternity, since people cannot love children who have yet to be conceived, motherhood is the pursuit of the desire to have children. As far as selfish acts go, it has to be one of the mildest and least offensive, but when people set out to become parents, they effectively say "I want to be a parent", and that "I want" clearly shows a selfish motive, regardless of how much the developing child will thereafter come to be loved.

I said service to others, I didn't say obvious service to others. There are many ways to do good things and not be seen to do good things. One of our former moderators has a touchy story of teaching his daughter to do her good deeds when she would be seen by nobody — that, in Kantian terminology, being the unqualified good, after all.

are you not part of god too? are others not part of god too?

Yes, that's exactly what I've tried to say. Everybody has the spark of the divine within them, and I would contend that such a fact behoves each of us to put everybody else first; we cannot devalue that spark in another by putting them second against the concerns of the flesh, such as the price of our own life. Of course, the highest ideal of such a surrender is all but impossible for humans of the present, but trying and failing is part of the human condition. I must admit I cannot countenance what you could possibly mean by "service to god" if you preclude service to others, being the vessels of divinity. Common decency enjoins us to consider ourselves last, to answer to our needs only once the needs of others have been fulfilled. Of course, if the others are of an equal orientation, the process becomes a spiritual stalemate "after you", "no, please, go right ahead", "oh no, I simply couldn't".

For me there is a conundrum: the man who puts himself first gives others a chance to put themselves last. A wise and spiritual man might well allow a would-be disciple to wait on him hand and foot, since in so doing he gives them a chance to express their own humility.