PDA

View Full Version : Is this TPTB endgame...global gold backed currency?

Lefty Dave
4th September 2011, 19:35
Wondering if I didn't express this idea clearly, or there is just no interest in this hypothesis
I'll restate the hypothesis
First they devalue the strength of major currencies across the globe (already done)
All the while hyperinflating the price of gold (already done)
Then force us to convert to the "new global gold backed currency"..now being talked about
Then, let the price of gold go back to its "out of the ground value" (<$200 ounce)
And the deed is done...the worlds' middle class buying power has been usurped !!
Am I the only one who smells a rat?

Comments?

Blessings

Dave

Marianne
4th September 2011, 20:01
Am I the only one who smells a rat?

Dave, it stinks to high heaven.

Robert J. Niewiadomski
4th September 2011, 21:49
If they will bind currency with gold how will we buy/sel gold with gold? And gold mining companies become issuers of the currency? I can not see any danger here... Please explain it to me because I do not understand your point...

Lefty Dave
4th September 2011, 21:59
If they will bind currency with gold how will we buy/sel gold with gold? And gold mining companies become issuers of the currency? I can not see any danger here... Please explain it to me because I do not understand your point...

If you can't see the danger, and yet don't understand my point...how will further explanation help? It's an hypothesis !

Robert J. Niewiadomski
4th September 2011, 22:36
Ok :) If your coins are made of gold how do you buy more gold with them? The only danger I see is manipulation of buying power of the gold... Ex.: on one day you can buy 15 bottles of water with one gold coin and on next day you can buy 14 bottles with one coin. This is called inflation. You are talking about hyperinflation. It can happen without binding currency to gold. Just print more green paper and everybody else is toast... It is cheaper and you can keep your gold safe and buy yourself as much green paper as you want... But not the opposite...

atlantianferret
5th September 2011, 02:58
For starters neither are good systems.

Fractional reserve banking is to open for corruption and in it's very structure, it will kill itself.

The gold standard is an arcane system that has failed itself. Don't forget it brought us to fractional system we use today, because greed and good math told them they can loan more money than they had.

What "money" is, is an agreed upon item or substance that can be exchanged for goods or services.

To me gold is of no value. I have no use for it. No more than the cloth bills in my pocket nor the electronic digits in my account.

People are thinking in limited ways on this. There have been a number of money systems over the ages and most have failed or were forced to fail by outside intrusts, ie colonial fiat money system the bank of England killed.

The other issue not discussed, but is far more important is who or what will be controlling and issueing it? And who or what will be regulating it?

If these new groups exist and are truely service of others oriented, I hope they last long enough that when the monetary system is corruption free, that we will have time to educate EVERYONE in the world and offer the opportunity for EVERYONE to raise there consciousness to a higher awarness as to lower the dupping possibilities.

A little dream, yes. However so is thinking a money system change would fix anything.

MargueriteBee
5th September 2011, 04:35
What we need is to get rid of the current banks and get some honest folks to run banks!

TigaHawk
5th September 2011, 05:24
What we need is to get rid of the current banks and get some honest folks to run banks!

Honest people can run banks? impossible!

Robert J. Niewiadomski
5th September 2011, 08:03
This is off-topic of this thread, but we do not need money or banks in the first place :)
Have you read that thread? It is imaginations gone wild... but why not? I like it :)
What technologies, activities or concepts will be made obsolete by Free Energy (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?29372-What-technologies-activities-or-concepts-will-be-made-obsolete-by-Free-Energy&p=297739&viewfull=1#post297739)
Say goodbye to this old world...

buckminster fuller
5th September 2011, 08:27
Thing is, there is already more gold being speculated on than what is actually available, materially that is. Gold, like currencies, is becoming a virtual concept...

GlassSteagallfan
5th September 2011, 19:18
HR 1489 continues to pick up endorsements:

WV Plumbers Local Endorses Glass Steagall

September 2, 2011 • 10:14AM

Local 521 of the Plumbers and Pipefitters, in West Virginia, passed a resolution in favor of 1489 on Aug. 16. The full resolution is as follows:

RESOLUTION IN SUPPORT H.R. 1489
“THE RETURN TO PRUDENT BANKING ACT”
WHEREAS, an effective money and banking system is essential to the functioning of economy; and

WHEREAS, such a system must function in the public interest, without bias; and

WHEREAS, since 1933, the Federal Banking Act (known as Glass-Steagall) protected the public interest in matters dealing with the regulation of commercial and investment banking in addition to insurance companies and securities firms; and

WHEREAS, the Glass-Steagall Act was repealed in 1999, permitting the financial industry to exploit the system for their own gain in disregard of the public interest; and

WHEREAS, the House of Representatives and the Senate have been making efforts to restore the protections in the Glass-Steagall; and

WHEREAS, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur has introduced H.R. 1489, known as the “Return to Prudent Banking Act” and reinstating Glass-Steagall; and

WHEREAS, the national AFL-CIO supports this legislation;

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 521 support the enactment of H.R. 1489 and urges members of the West Virginia, Congressional Delegation in the House of Representatives and in the Senate to co-sponsor and vote for this bill which will restore the protections of the Glass-Steagall Act; and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution be sent to the West Virginia Congressional Delegation and Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur.

Submitted by: Dorman Sargent
Adopted by: The membership of Local 521
Date: 8-16-2011

Source: http://www.larouchepac.com/node/19266

Taurean
5th September 2011, 23:59
I think's it's worth remembering that one of the main reasons why paper money to be introduced in the first place was because of the propensity of people to snip bits of metal off gold and silver coins ( known as Clipping ).

TWINCANS
6th September 2011, 00:08
There is a problem that I can see with 'returning' to the old gold-backed system. It is not the 'old days'. China and Russia and others have been buying up the gold illegally stolen out of the reserves of first-world countries. So who' going to police the return of all that ill-gotten gold? I don't suppose the current owners will eagerly give it up.

Sorry but we need a new approach or we're done for.