PDA

View Full Version : Second moon appears in Australia

greybeard
5th September 2011, 08:33
The news item implies that amateur astronomers have seen this and NASA is puzzled.

They are puzzled?
I haven't got a clue

Chris

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/21481/earths-second-moon-appears/

the trojan
5th September 2011, 08:40
BUSBY - Residents of this small Australian town were shocked to see two full moons
in sky!

Tonight, there’s a full moon in Busby, Australia. Many residents were admiring it when at 1:20 a.m., local time, a second moon rose in the night sky. Residents couldn’t believe what they were seeing!

Astronomers across the world were alerted to this sighting and have confirmed the existence of a second earth moon. “We have never seen anything like this before,” said researcher Rich Montano at the University of California, Los Angeles. “There had been some rumors that a second moon was seen over Hong Son, Thailand in 1967, but it was only seen for a few hours and only in that one location, but now everyone across Australia can see the second moon. It’s awe-inspiring.”

Residents of Los Angeles, and the rest of the world, will be able to see the second moon with the naked eye as night falls. Busby residents are out in the streets staring up in wonder at the second moon. “It’s exciting, but also frightening,” said Carol McNulty of Busby. “It’s so beautiful, but what does it mean? Why did the second moon appear tonight? Why?”

“End of times” fanatics are already saying that the appearance of a s second moon is signaling that the world will end. “This was predicted in the prophecy of Nostradamus in the 16th Century,” said Nostradamus expert Fred Desmarais of Lyon, France. “This is the quatrain he wrote predicting the second moon:

In the sky a second light will rise
Bring back the great King of Angolmois
And with Toulouse, ten years after the shining
Across the earth shall come the great flame”

Demarais said that the rise of the second moons meant that within ten years of the second moon sighting, “the earth will turn into a ball of flame.” He was on a flight to Busby to speak with local residents and gather more information about this major event.

Others in Australia believe this second moon is a hoax of some sort. “I bet that magician David Blaine is behind this. It’s the only explanation,” said Roger McMahon of Sydney. WWN tried to contact David Blaine, but he was not available. He was finishing his second month stuffed inside a refrigerator.

NASA astronomers are studying the second moon carefully. The powerful Japanese telescope, the Subaru, is also focused on the second moon. When asked to explain this phenomenon the head of NASA’s Lunar Science Division had this simple statement, “We don’t know. We are studying it, but it has us all baffled.”

While NASA astronomers are trying to solve this mystery, go out tonight and look at the second moon!
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines...-moon-appears/
hey greybeard,you dont live that far from me,i will supply the coffee,if you do the cakes,and we can have a look tonight.

ps,hey mods is this fair use to copy and paste this article?

pickle
5th September 2011, 08:44
Looks like it's a taking-the-mickey website Greybeard. Unless it's swamp gas? ;)

moonchild
5th September 2011, 08:45
LOL! The ever entertaining Weekly World News tabloid!!!

Seikou-Kishi
5th September 2011, 08:50
I'm afraid Chris I poked around that website and it seems to be the case. Still, the second moon looked good lol

Eric J (Viking)
5th September 2011, 08:50
Looks lika some sort of a 'onion site' ...

Heres another 'story' from them...planet Zeeba!!! lol...

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/37178/nasa-confirms-alien-invasion/

viking

bonnyhut
5th September 2011, 08:54
Well we have just had the dark moon not full moon... I dont see two moons here in Australia, infact, I have hardly seen anything at all... not seen a star in the sky for a while... they must be chemtrailing the **** out of the sky.... I dont think they are hiding two moons here but I think they are hiding something and publishing the two moon thing to discredit anyone who says there is something unusual in the sky.

ngogly
5th September 2011, 09:18
Someone is testing how stupid things can be pushed in to public mind. Is it global experiment to measure overall stupidity or does some organised group of people discredit everything and everyone who dares to guess authorised world view. In last months there is 10+ stories in day which show childish graphic manipulations or ordinary objects photographed or filmed and mixed with stupid stories like "Is this fly **** on my camera a Nibiru or did e-Lenin fall into Atlantic yesterday?".

There is no possibility for second moon without geological consequences. If we had second moon, then we can't have it locally. And finally, take whatever raster graphics program (Gimp an example) and play with brightness and contrast. Little kid who made this picture used blur and five pointed star shaped brush to smudge the edges of "second moon".

By the way, all top NASA scientists and world top 300 astronomers gathered today secretly on aircraft carrier somewhere near China. They are talking about possibility that ngogly's theory is right and we have only one moon, so there is no need to lie anymore and no further need to spry chemtrails to mask the second moon. This information is true and validated by above top clearance scientist Dr Mr X+.

But maybe I'm wrong, we have a second moon which is surrounded by stars of Solomon and only ascended masters can see it - hallelujah.

witchy1
5th September 2011, 09:25
Hi all, Im in Sydney and can confirm there is 1 single solitary old moon up there - yes I can see it on this cloudless evening!!

pharoah21
5th September 2011, 09:32
I remember looking up at the moon last night (im pretty sure it was last night, or maybe the night before) and it was definitely a half moon.......and nobody here in Australia is talking about 2 moons. FAKE I'm afraid.

astrid
5th September 2011, 09:57
Not sure i would believe ANYTHING i read from that source,
it's well known for being "extra creative" in the "news" department.....

MorningSong
5th September 2011, 11:04
THe date of the op article is August 5.....the full moon was on the 13th....

Around the 3rd of August these various articles came out RE: the possibility that there USED to be TWO moons, once upon a time:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/science-technology/Scientists-Think-Earth-Once-Had-Two-Moons---126841858.html

http://news.yahoo.com/earth-had-two-moons-crashed-form-one-study-170201124.html

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110803/full/news.2011.456.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=two-moons-smaller

Coincidence?

moonchild
5th September 2011, 11:35
PEOPLE.... JUST GOOGLE 'WEEKLY WORLD NEWS', it's plainly stated that it's a TABLOID!!!...jeeezz!

norman
5th September 2011, 11:50
Ok, so we are fully primed to dismiss any more reports like this..... job done.

It has crossed my mind that if they are planning on pulling off a holographic stunt later on, that we might just catch glimpses from time to time of them test running some of the kit they will be using for it.

Bryn ap Gwilym
5th September 2011, 12:22
I have just completed a basic background check on Rich Montano at the University of California . Apart from this story, there appears to be no such person at the University.

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Richard/Montano

Titan Orion
5th September 2011, 12:50
Sorry, but I lol'd when I read this. A second moon appearing would have a huge impact. We would be hearing about it on the news, or in papers, we would be able to feel it in our climate.

pickle
5th September 2011, 14:00
Anyone that believes there are two moons must be a lunartic. For a start, the cost of getting married would be more expensive and be more difficult to planet - you'd have to take a honeymoons. And would this mean having a menage a troi with Selene... :man_in_love:

And what about the cow? How would it know which moon to jump over?

Mind you, two moons would make it twice as easy to read at night, unlike the sun which shines during the day, just when you don't need it!

I unreservedly apollo gise for this post :p

MiguelQ
5th September 2011, 14:21
Can someone delete this,now that we see this s fraud, and has nopoint.
Because this like many other posts are disinfo, andarenot helping,but making people open post,and realize its a dead end. Lossing time...

I think the whole forum must be checked up.

seantimberwolf
5th September 2011, 14:38
Anyone that believes there are two moons must be a lunartic. For a start, the cost of getting married would be more expensive and be more difficult to planet - you'd have to take a honeymoons. And would this mean having a menage a troi with Selene... :man_in_love:

And what about the cow? How would it know which moon to jump over?

Mind you, two moons would make it twice as easy to read at night, unlike the sun which shines during the day, just when you don't need it!

I unreservedly apollo gise for this post :p

HA HA HA HA HA, my sentiments exactly

Bongo
5th September 2011, 15:03
the 2 moons are the same

who ever has photoshopped this pic has just changed the colour of the extra moon & rotated it 90 degrees so it looks different.

if you rotate the big moon about 90 degrees to the right it has the same landscape as the small yellow-ish 1

Limor Wolf
5th September 2011, 15:30
Hi all, Im in Sydney and can confirm there is 1 single solitary old moon up there - yes I can see it on this cloudless evening!!

There is something Suspiciously wrong with your declaration Witchy :)

I am working nights at the Airport and yesterday I went out of the terminal at about 03:00 to a remote garden full of lavender and geranium fragrance,layed on a bench and faced up the sky,there was no moon seen anywhere. I thought it should be the right time of the month for a full moon,but for some reason the last few nights the moon is hardly or not at all seen.well,I had my usuall talk with the stars and its inhabitants,some of them are very bright and visible,some are far and not much seen,we exchanged some thoughts about the future and I went back to the office from my very satisfactory break :-)

security guards via Airport cameras must have been wondering about the 'loony' lying on a bench in the total darkness of the night and gazing up the sky. lol

http://gryphonastrology.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fullmoonseashore.jpg

I have checked an Astronomy website to back up the fact that we are all should see the same thing,wherever we are in the world :

"There is just one moon around the earth,so all people who see the moon see the same moon,and if the moon happens to be full at the time than all people who see the moon, see the same Full moon"

Than,if ever it appears that there is a second moon in the sky,I assume that it will be seen not only in the small town of Busby,Australia,but also in Peru,united states,Israel...

~*&^~*

Limor

KosmicKat
5th September 2011, 17:01
Can someone delete this,now that we see this s fraud, and has nopoint.
Because this like many other posts are disinfo, andarenot helping,but making people open post,and realize its a dead end. Lossing time...

I think the whole forum must be checked up.

Rather than removing the entire thread, would it be out of order for the mods to insert a caveat in, or after the first post to inform readers that this is a hoax, and the start of posts indicating that aspect?

beyondmyctrl
5th September 2011, 17:16
lol some people'll just post anything ........

Marianne
5th September 2011, 17:41
Limor, thank you for the beautiful picture! Just sayin, before the thread goes away. :)

Junebug

GlassSteagallfan
5th September 2011, 18:05
Ok, so we are fully primed to dismiss any more reports like this..... job done.

It has crossed my mind that if they are planning on pulling off a holographic stunt later on, that we might just catch glimpses from time to time of them test running some of the kit they will be using for it.

Absolutely! Like the city that appeared in China

nomadguy
5th September 2011, 18:22
barium grid mishap?

Billy
5th September 2011, 18:35
Blue moons, i saw you standing together, just does not sound right :rofl:

ghostrider
5th September 2011, 19:05
Well we have just had the dark moon not full moon... I dont see two moons here in Australia, infact, I have hardly seen anything at all... not seen a star in the sky for a while... they must be chemtrailing the **** out of the sky.... I dont think they are hiding two moons here but I think they are hiding something and publishing the two moon thing to discredit anyone who says there is something unusual in the sky.
the moon was in first quarter last night, but tilted big time and from my city it looked HUGE !!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

that's no moon it's a ... space station, turn the ship around.....

MiguelQ
5th September 2011, 19:42
Mods I am quite happy for this to be removed its taking up space.
Regards Chris

Hello, i got a warning from MODS.
But i just want to say, that you have no fault about this.
Im just telling that, now that we know. We dont need this post, because would leave people to open, and see nothing, and that would be also in some aspect bad to your "image".

Have a nice day. hugz

TigaHawk
5th September 2011, 21:15
Its fake

I allways look up at a particular set of stars at night and on the walk home from work i also looked up at the sky last night, this would have been around 6:45-7 tho.

Only one moon, and its not a full moon, it's a half moon at the moment :P

Seikou-Kishi
5th September 2011, 21:51
lol some people'll just post anything ........

Somebody posted something they had found and the other forum members managed to shed light on the true nature of the photograph. If we can't be light-hearted about it, it's a poor show, old bean

Tane Mahuta
6th September 2011, 03:22
Could be a Prophetic warning!!

New Government??

TM

MiguelQ
6th September 2011, 03:41
The news item implies that amateur astronomers have seen this and NASA is puzzled.

They are puzzled?
I haven't got a clue

Chris

Well my jaw drops, because i dont understand, why so many people thik this hoax is a thankful post. I mean.. how can this be?
Nooffense, but i cant believe people are so easy fooled. Can you see the moon its aclone and rotated 90 degree, even the craters match.

And nasa is puzzled hein? Funny.

Draco
6th September 2011, 05:15
just a guess here but the second moon wasnt actually a moon and was krullen mother ship that is the shape of a moon they have a few ships now helping with elenin and nibiru and there ships are huges planet size and have hole races living on one ship. , that is why u cant see all the time. just a feeling not sure would, and if its a hoax then maybe its a the boy who cried wolf play .

MoSh187
6th September 2011, 05:57
ROFL. the weekly world news.... haha. when I was 8 I read the fine print in that paper that most of it was all made up. it IS like the onion for conspiracy and UFO stuff. I'm 26 now.

Limor Wolf
6th September 2011, 08:40

They are puzzled?
I haven't got a clue

Chris

Well my jaw drops, because i dont understand, why so many people thik this hoax is a thankful post. I mean.. how can this be?
Nooffense, but i cant believe people are so easy fooled. Can you see the moon its aclone and rotated 90 degree, even the craters match.

And nasa is puzzled hein? Funny.

Miguel, Some of us have already seen things that made us rub our eyes in disbelief,our preconcieved mind was forever shuttered.I am just saying,dont be so quick to judge.please

Lord Sidious
6th September 2011, 08:46

There is something Suspiciously wrong with your declaration Witchy :)

I am working nights at the Airport and yesterday I went out of the terminal at about 03:00 to a remote garden full of lavender and geranium fragrance,layed on a bench and faced up the sky,there was no moon seen anywhere. I thought it should be the right time of the month for a full moon,but for some reason the last few nights the moon is hardly or not at all seen.well,I had my usuall talk with the stars and its inhabitants,some of them are very bright and visible,some are far and not much seen,we exchanged some thoughts about the future and I went back to the office from my very satisfactory break :-)

security guards via Airport cameras must have been wondering about the 'loony' lying on a bench in the total darkness of the night and gazing up the sky. lol

http://gryphonastrology.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fullmoonseashore.jpg

I have checked an Astronomy website to back up the fact that we are all should see the same thing,wherever we are in the world :

"There is just one moon around the earth,so all people who see the moon see the same moon,and if the moon happens to be full at the time than all people who see the moon, see the same Full moon"

Than,if ever it appears that there is a second moon in the sky,I assume that it will be seen not only in the small town of Busby,Australia,but also in Peru,united states,Israel...

~*&^~*

Limor

That sounds like magic, the beautiful smells that nature gave you for your break.