PDA

View Full Version : THE REAL IRAN - Get Educated...

Gita
19th March 2010, 13:34
I used to shake my head often when reading posts concerning Iran. It made me wonder how so many people who call themselves truth seekers and researchers were still spuing the same old propaganda and how clueless they were. I’ve heard people go on about how repressed women are and how backward the country is.:nono: The truth is that it’s all bull and always has been yet the western countries still buy into it. The women in Iran are amongst the highest educated women in the world and Iran itself is much more modern than most western countries.

I cannot bite my tongue any longer.:tape: Now I’m going to assume that AV2 is a new and more intelligent forum so now lets have a more intelligent and educated view of Iran which will hopefully lead to a much more intelligent discussion – after all this is why we are here for.

For those who truly want the truth, watch the vids below – your eyes will be opened which is always a good thing. Enjoy.

8Xt2s1fkSxI&feature=player_embedded

zu2ZjuvURy4&feature=player_embedded

J8vBG7Ds1SU&feature=player_embedded

rhythm
19th March 2010, 15:51
Wow gita girl .. this stuff is a real eye opener ....
makes me realize how little we know about each
others culture ... and as i know you personaly
i can vouch for the fact that Iranian women
are not only highley inteligent .. but beautifull
too... and i will add very generous to boot ...
Cetainley opend my eyes ....
i love to be dissalusiond..:rapture:

K626
19th March 2010, 16:10
Yup, there has been a huge amount of propoganda against Iran, especailly over the last few years. America used and armed Iraq to really send Iran back to the stone age and failed. This will be a very tough year for Iran. My thoughts are with all its people.

Oliver
19th March 2010, 16:18
Gita, I`ve never had a doubt about Iranian state and cultural level, being in a high level of developnet.
The great Persian civilization was also cultural and technological top of it`s time, while so called Crusader`s wars, initiated by the western European nations have made so much damage there during the centuries.
Now, this role is taken by somebody else...with the same effects.
For me, even if it was only Rumi, it wold be enough to love that culture, not to speak about such a deep beauty of the Iranian women..lol!

Here he is, the voice of the the unspoken:

QqVBGv2hpQ4

K626
19th March 2010, 16:23
Great find Oliver, that's really beautiful.

Jan Rodrigo
27th March 2010, 23:22
what enlightening vedios I did not no anything about iran , looks nice then england .thanks gita x

HORIZONS
27th March 2010, 23:32
Great post! Thanks for sounding your mind and taking a stand for those that have been propagandized against by the Dark.

Rocky_Shorz
28th March 2010, 07:09
Gita,

First I want to say I always enjoy what you share here in the forum, and respect your stance on Iran. I like your spunk, and it's good to see you stand up for your heritage and country.

I can honestly say I have never met an Iranian that didn't leave for a reason, and seeing you aren't living there now, during the largest economic boom in modern history, I'm sure your family has its story too.

Now I know I ruffled your feathers saying women in Iran are treated like doormats, and I guess it is partially because if I was there, I could go to the store and buy a few rugs and stop on the way home to pick up a couple wives... and the rugs would have just as much say in the matter as my new wives... ;)

You can't take what I am saying much of the time at face value because there are deep meaning behind everything I share. I write to promote thoughts and to get people thinking about things that they normally wouldn't.

The truth is, until Iran gives women voices inside of the country so they can be heard, it will never find the peace that it deserves. Iran is run by Religious dictator and it is a religion that doesn't allow women in the upper ranks, so they will never rise to the power they need to change the country.

Iranians have always been fierce when they are fighting for what they believe in and they are tired of living with a boot on their throats. The government has ordered death to all protesters because they are waging a war against God. Give me a break, the people know exactly who they are upset with, and it isn't God. They are screaming Death to the Dictator, and right now he and his men are frightened. They ordered the police to fire on a crowd of protesters, and they lowered their weapons and said no...

The people have turned, the police and military have turned... The whole country is saying enough is enough...

Now I deal in truths, no matter how painful it might be, but Iran is on the verge of another revolution. Israel hasn't attacked because they see the country crumbling, there is no need for war. The propaganda you speak of is being brushed aside the whole world is rooting for the people of Iran, we are fed up with wars, it's time for peace.

Iranian Women Gain Momentum & Become the Regime’s Biggest Threat

Iranian security forces recently beat and arrested some 30 “mourning mothers” holding a peaceful weekly vigil in a Tehran park to demand news of their sons and daughters who had been killed, disappeared or detained in the unrest following June’s disputed presidential election.

The shocking scene encapsulated an acute quandary for the regime. It has a tight grip on the levers of repression – but one of the most potent threats it faces comes from unarmed women protesting peacefully...

“Their very visible crackdown against women has been immensely counter-productive. As one activist said to me, ‘even when we demonstrated against the Shah we never saw women being beaten in the face’,” said Ali Ansari, a professor of Iranian history at St Andrews University in Scotland.

The violent repression of women protesters is further de-legitimising the regime and straining the loyalty of security forces. It leaves the authorities “open to questioning on the part of the supporters of the government who have traditionally seen themselves and the Islamic Republic as the ‘protectors’ of women and their ‘motherly virtues’,” Ms Farhi said in an interview...

http://touchiran.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/00127-08-zanan.jpg

While the 1979 Islamic revolution curbed their legal rights, it encouraged their education.

Women now outnumber men at universities, and are highly visible in the workforce as well in social and cultural circles.

Ironically, many women activists in jail come from pro-regime and conservative families, Mr Ghaemi said. “These young women are very much in opposition to their own parents’ way of thinking.”

http://touchiran.com/2010/01/18/iranian-women-gain-momentum-become-the-regimes-biggest-threat/

sjkted
28th March 2010, 07:51
I still have a very conflicted opinion of Iran.

When I was around 11 years old, I gained my first viewpoint of Iran through reading the book Not Without My Daughter. It's about an American woman who married a Persian doctor, who takes her and her daughter on a "vacation" to meet the family in Iran. The vacation turns into a long-term stay, until eventually Moody, the father, announces he wants to reside permanently in Iran. The wife finds herself in a situation where the previously benevolent father becomes very abusive and keeps her at home under lock and key. The wife attempts to escape numerous times and even visits the American Embassy, but each time she is turned in back to her husband. Eventually, she arranges for a return trip but she would be prevented from returning with her daughter.

The problem for her is that Iranian society considers the value of a woman to be exactly one half of that of a man. If a man and a woman are in a car accident and have equal damages, the woman will be compensated exactly half of what a man would receive (full compensation). This is kind of a big sticking point for me.

Like everyone else, I've read much of the bad press about Iran.

On the other hand, I've had several Persian friends over the years who exemplify anything but what they news would say about their culture. They do have a very advanced civilization and are not primitive at all as some people may think.

If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Ahmadinejad interview with Larry King. He comes off as very intelligent and really gets the better of Larry King as King attempts to juxtapose the MSM viewpoint onto the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekTvgh4AqFo

--sjkted

samvado
28th March 2010, 12:16
I would like to chip in here too if I may.

I had brief experience with IRAN in 2002 which you can read here (http://m31.de/enfield/english/trip2002.html) and it was 100% positive. But I only visited briefly.

But I would ask you to consider this: How many wars did IRAN start - none that I know of since ancient times. What about the US of A - we know THAT answer.
How many racial, ethnical and economic conflicts does the USA have - is that a qualitatively different thing than the religious supersticions ruling Iran?
Lets just say: women in Iran are treated like blacks and hispanos in the US.
But even if that were NOT so - it is a FACT that the Iran is basically pushed into spending much more than they would want to into defense techniques. And in their case it really IS defence, with Israel being the main aggressor in liaison with their political dogs, the US of A. So get off the high horse already, all lovers of the western "democracy" with their child-abusing politicians and priests.

Looking from an elevated perspective the national question, us vs. them, better or worse, etc. are all part & parcel of divide & conquer of the NWO forces.

And even more elevated one could peruse the theory of soul-ages as of "michaels messages" which I find very useful as a model of the human experience.

infant souls (majority living in Iran) need different structures to evolve than young souls (majority in USA and Israel).
there is no value judgement involved here, just as in school there are different grades.

In a perfect earth society they would all live peaceful together - but in the STS-aliens-rule-the-elite perverted current situation that has also been perverted and poisoned like all other human interactions.
Get your vibes up, activate your DNA - thats all you can really do to remedy the situation.

stop useless "us vs them" discussions.

Gita
28th March 2010, 13:13
Thanks Rock for your post – enjoyed reading it. However my point is that although on the surface and legally women don’t have as much right, realistically it’s the women who run the family and usually treat the men at home like doormats – their say so in the home is generally the final say. This was my experience when I was there over 30 years ago and my mother who regularly travels there says the situation is still the same and the men truly respect the women and sometimes even fearful, lol. It’s a double edged sword as for show and to get the governments off their backs they project this somewhat differently. To me they’re just being smart in the way they’re playing the game whilst behind the scenes doing what they can to change the situation.

I agree it looks like dictatorship over in Iran but I look around me in UK and also see dictatorship – the difference being that here people are lead to believe they are living in a free country – it’s just an illusion because we’re constantly told how to live here. This illusion makes the majority of people in the western worlds be inactive in trying to gain back their true freedom. Most people here in UK are completely unaware that our common laws have been replaced by European civil laws which has removed much of our sovereignty. This law went unnoticed due to the ‘leaking’ of MP’s expenses charade which in my view was very convenient.

I’m not trying to support any country here for I consider myself a global destitute as I don’t feel I particularly belong to any part of this planet. I however do believe that people should always be aware of propaganda and the kind of levelling most western worlds engage in to make their own people seem as if they’ve somehow got it better than other countries and expecting them to be grateful for it.

Gita
28th March 2010, 13:25
infant souls (majority living in Iran) need different structures to evolve than young souls (majority in USA and Israel).
there is no value judgement involved here, just as in school there are different grades.

Have no idea where you get this info. But logic shows that Iran and its culture is much much older than USA and Israel put together with a much richer history. You are right in saying that Iran has not started any wars in the last 500 years but yet USA has bombed 48 countries since 1947 and continues to wage war against anything and anyone. This just shows to me that USA (government) is a delinquent teenager compared with the ‘wise old man’ status of older countries like Iran. They may have internal conflict which some of it is also due to USA sticking their ore in (e.g economic hit men) but what country hasn’t?

samvado
28th March 2010, 16:33
Have no idea where you get this info.

HERE (http://www.michaelteachings.com/)

Remember, it is a MODEL, the map is not the territory.
But the BOHR atom model is a good thing to explain why light (photons) can beat atoms out of thin gold plates, in spite of the generaly accepted assumption that since quantum physics elementary particles are mere probability clouds.

I have found michaels teachings helpful to understand the differences in human experience, and therefor their ability/level of learning and the difference in the necessary environment to learn in.

it has nothing to do with history, e.g. Germany was a primary young soul country during the 30/40s (hence the war), and is now still young but with much more adult and some old, hence their inclination not to go to war, and have no nuclear energy etc.

india was infant & old soul country before recently, now its becoming more young and hence the "free capitalism" getting a foothold there.

iran was and is primarily infant, hence the more or less open totalitarian state & religious structure. infant souls need clear structures with their lack of strutured understanding of their environment. It is only the second soul age. Iran, however is moving towards young soul and thats a dangerous thing. the young souls are the reckless war-mongers and environmental destructors. they have the least contact with source.

dont take it personaly ;)

Gita
28th March 2010, 17:00
HERE (http://www.michaelteachings.com/)

Remember, it is a MODEL, the map is not the territory.
But the BOHR atom model is a good thing to explain why light (photons) can beat atoms out of thin gold plates, in spite of the generaly accepted assumption that since quantum physics elementary particles are mere probability clouds.

I have found michaels teachings helpful to understand the differences in human experience, and therefor their ability/level of learning and the difference in the necessary environment to learn in.

it has nothing to do with history, e.g. Germany was a primary young soul country during the 30/40s (hence the war), and is now still young but with much more adult and some old, hence their inclination not to go to war, and have no nuclear energy etc.

india was infant & old soul country before recently, now its becoming more young and hence the "free capitalism" getting a foothold there.

iran was and is primarily infant, hence the more or less open totalitarian state & religious structure. infant souls need clear structures with their lack of strutured understanding of their environment. It is only the second soul age. Iran, however is moving towards young soul and thats a dangerous thing. the young souls are the reckless war-mongers and environmental destructors. they have the least contact with source.

dont take it personaly ;)

Well then if Michael said it then it MUST be true!:rolleyes:

Better still, lets forget history, facts, logic and intelligence and go with some unknown entity who revels in judgement and belittling whilst calls itself a being of ‘higher’ light and some kind of ‘master’ where the rest of us maggots are not even good enough to kiss his blessed wings.

I do not take it personally but channelling is offensive to my sensibilities and it’s not worth my energy even replying to such nonsense. :thumb:

I will however state a fact here – that I am so grateful for having a mind of my own that is intelligent enough to recognise bull and I am also grateful for my open heart that will only go inwards for guidance and knowledge.

‘ If you don’t go within, then you would go without’

Ps. I don’t equate Nazism with Germany – may be a good idea if you did the same. Nazism is ripe in USA alphabetic agencies but Germany isn’t!

samvado
28th March 2010, 17:12
Thanx forletting me know. you must be VERY young. It would befit you to get a little discernment going before posting. if you had read the material I linked you would not be able to say what you said. But hey, why waste time with learning, lets just hack a repsonse real quick and get on with life!

I will ignore posts by you in the future. I for one dont have time to waste.

Gita
28th March 2010, 17:18
Thanx forletting me know. you must be VERY young. It would befit you to get a little discernment going before posting. if you had read the material I linked you would not be able to say what you said. But hey, why waste time with learning, lets just hack a repsonse real quick and get on with life!

I will ignore posts by you in the future. I for one dont have time to waste.

I used to be where you are now with all this channelling lark but I wised up. I may be younger than you in 3D age but I've gone way pass where you are a long time ago and hopefully one day you will too.

Also as you stated on one of your own threads with Stardust that his opinions on Hayes were not welcomed - I will reflect your own words back to you and say channelling is not welcomed on this thread. With respect.

Please do as you will with my posts and lets hope your Michael teaches you tolerance and forgiveness in the near future.

HORIZONS
28th March 2010, 17:19
KUDOS to you!!! :laser:

Well then if Michael said it then it MUST be true!:rolleyes:

Better still, lets forget history, facts, logic and intelligence and go with some unknown entity who revels in judgement and belittling whilst calls itself a being of ‘higher’ light and some kind of ‘master’ where the rest of us maggots are not even good enough to kiss his blessed wings.

I do not take it personally but channelling is offensive to my sensibilities and it’s not worth my energy even replying to such nonsense. :thumb:

I will however state a fact here – that I am so grateful for having a mind of my own that is intelligent enough to recognise bull and I am also grateful for my open heart that will only go inwards for guidance and knowledge.

‘ If you don’t go within, then you would go without’

Ps. I don’t equate Nazism with Germany – may be a good idea if you did the same. Nazism is ripe in USA alphabetic agencies but Germany isn’t!

annemirri
28th March 2010, 17:34
... much more modern than most western countries.

Let's say that IRAN used to be more modern than most western countries,
a real paradise for many before the revolution.

But, like Rocky wrote "met no one who left Iran without a good reason"

When I lived in Usa, about ten years ago, many of my neigbours were from Iran,
like our best friends. (And my best friend here in UK lived there for over ten years.)
All telling what a beautiful country Iran is.

But, they were all Armenians living in Iran, not persians.

from wikipedia;

"Iranian- Armenian
or sometimes called Persian- Armenian are Iranian citizens of Armenian origin.
Their number is about 3,000,000. They mostly live in Tehran and Jolfa district, Isfahan.

The Armenian-Iranians were very influential and active in the modernization of Iran
during the 19th and 20th centuries.

After the Iranian Revolution,
many Armenians immigrated to Armenian diasporic communities in North America and Western Europe.

Today the Armenians are Iran's largest Christian religious minority in Iran. "

a.

Gita
28th March 2010, 17:44
Let's say that IRAN used to be more modern than most western countries,
a real paradise for many before the revolution.

But, like Rocky wrote "met no one who left Iran without a good reason"

When I lived in Usa, about ten years ago, many of my neigbours were from Iran,
like our best friends. (And my best friend here in UK lived there for over ten years.)
All telling what a beautiful country Iran is.

But, they were all Armenians living in Iran, not persians.

from wikipedia;

"Iranian- Armenian
or sometimes called Persian- Armenian are Iranian citizens of Armenian origin.
Their number is about 3,000,000. They mostly live in Tehran and Jolfa district, Isfahan.

The Armenian-Iranians were very influential and active in the modernization of Iran
during the 19th and 20th centuries.

After the Iranian Revolution,
many Armenians immigrated to Armenian diasporic communities in North America and Western Europe.

Today the Armenians are Iran's largest Christian religious minority in Iran. "

a.

Well then if Wikipedia says it then it MUST be true.

Seriously people, I’m trying to talk of my own experiences and the experiences of family who are there not someone that you know and blah blah blah.

It truly is hard to wake some people up no matter what stage of awakening they are at. Continue to believe as you wish for it’s your choice. I know there are those whose eyes have opened somewhat, hence my job is done.

For those who wish to continue their propaganda through their rigid belief system then please continue on your path but I ask you to allow others to do the same. Respect goes a long way.

Peace people. :peace:

annemirri
28th March 2010, 19:10
T

... realistically it’s the women who run the family
and usually treat the men at home like doormats – their say so in the home is generally the final say.

This was my experience when I was there over 30 years ago

and my mother who regularly travels there says the situation is still the same and

the men truly respect the women and sometimes even fearful, lol. –

Gita,
I am sorry if in that "..state of play, 6th dimensional STO.." thread I wrote that
I could be your mother, (as I may not be that much older than you),
but you do express yourself in a very " young way ".

So, were you born in Iran 32 years ago, or when ?
Do you yourself really remember anything about living there ?

The men in iran may still truly respect the women, but that does not mean that they are free.

and if some women there are like you, :rolleyes:, no wonder that men fear them !

You are smart, clever, but somewhat arrogant....or are you so sensitive, even shy,
that you try to hide it all by coming across harsh, to make people respect you ?

a.

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 02:39
But I would ask you to consider this: How many wars did IRAN start - none that I know of since ancient times. What about the US of A - we know THAT answer.

Well considering Hezbollah was created by Iran you aren't looking at a broad enough picture, they are quietly behind uprising in countries all across the middle east... And if you've noticed the military they created to fight Israel, is now being brought to Iran to control their own population. One of the Hezbollah leaders was just put in charge of the Iranian ground forces...

Amid growing concerns of renewed conflict in the Middle East, the Tehran regime has shaken up the leadership of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, putting a veteran general who operated in Lebanon with Hezbollah in command of its ground forces.

There is a reason that Saudi Arabia and Egypt have started blocking broadcasts coming out of Iran, and as for your German leadership...

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iran arrested last month two German diplomats for allegedly having a hand in recent rioting, state television said on Wednesday, quoting a top official.

"Two German diplomats using fictitious names of Yogi and Ingo were arrested," during the Shiite commemoration of Ashura, the website of state television quoted an unnamed deputy intelligence minister as saying.

The report did not specify whether the diplomats were still in detention.

A spokesman for the German embassy in Tehran told AFP he "cannot comment" on the reports of arrests.

A separate report by ISNA news agency quoted the deputy minister as saying "Yogi and Ingo were the two German diplomats whose role in the Ashura incidents has been established by the Islamic Republic of Iran."

The official said Iran will "diplomatically protest to the German embassy in Tehran through the foreign ministry."

He also claimed that unidentified German diplomats had set up a network of young Iranian men and women to collect information on events in Iran, adding that members of this network had also been arrested.

"This network was affiliated to the German intelligence service" and its members were "connected to German diplomats through one woman ... who took part in private parties held by diplomats and who used to exchange information on a daily basis," the official said.

http://www.iranfocus.com/en/iran-general-/two-german-diplomats-were-arrested-in-iran-riots-19580.html

German lawmakers defend Ashraf residents' rights and support Iranian nationwide uprising Wednesday, 24 March 2010

NCRI - A statement defending the rights of Ashrf residents in Iraq and expressing support for the nationwide upring in Iran signed by over 100 German lawmakers from various political parties were presented in a meeting on March 23 at the Reichstagpräsidentenpalast of the German Bundestag. The meeting was attended by Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the Iranian Resistance and a number of German MPs and heads of parliamentary committees. The text of statement follows:

Support people’s nationwide uprising in Iran
Prevent further bloodshed

Through their uprising and the chants of “death to Khamenei,” “down with the principle of absolute clerical rule,” and “long live freedom,” the Iranian people have shown that they seek an end to the religious dictatorship. The pioneering role of women and youths is especially praiseworthy. This uprising has taken wider dimensions and deepened further despite the regime’s cruel murders, arbitrary arrests, systematic torture, rapes and media censorship. Hundreds of detainees have been transferred over to “revolutionary courts.” The Deputy Chief of the Judiciary, Raeesi, and the judge of revolutionary courts who presides over the trials of uprising detainees charged as “moharebs” (enemies of God), have said that in accordance with Article 186 of the Islamic Punishment Act, so long as the leadership of the opposition movement People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI) remains in tact, providing any form of support for this movement whatsoever would be deemed as an act of moharebeh (waging war against God), which carries the death sentence. Amnesty International has warned about show trials and executions of PMOI supporters who have been arrested during recent peaceful demonstrations and charged as moharebs.

Link (http://ncr-iran.org/content/view/7966/1/)

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 03:25
Seriously people, I’m trying to talk of my own experiences and the experiences of family who are there not someone that you know and blah blah blah.

Peace people. :peace:

actually I haven't seen anything you have said about your family living in Iran except that you lived there 30 years ago...

I would love to hear first hand experience from someone who has family inside Iran, I'm afraid all of my friends here in the US all left because of family members being killed for being in the wrong allegiance, and they won't return until the current Islamic government is removed. They tell of the wonders of watching Iran going modern and horrors passed along by their families still living there and the backwards turn the country has taken just in the last 5-10 years.

Tehran is a supercity of modern technology, but the rest of the nation isn't as advanced. It is a center for where the old and new cultures are coming together. It's too bad all of it was built in the center of 7 fault lines, they have been having earthquake tremors almost daily. The ruling party is looking for a location outside of Tehran right now to build a government location that is safe...

anyone that talks about how evil the US is and how they can HAARP anyone right off the map should be wondering why they haven't?

there is no need to launch a bomb, a sneeze will set off the spiderweb of fault lines that will crumble Tehran to the ground, if as you stated we were run by Nazi 3 letter agencies it would have already happened... The white hats have taken control...

All you have to do is look at Palin and McCain who are ready to start a revolution in the US over health care to be thankful we have Obama doing everything he can to bring the world towards peace.

Can you even imagine what the world would be like right now if they would have won? The attack on Iran and North Korea, Russia, China and anyone else that looked at McCain wrong would have already happened.

TPTB couldn't believe that Americans chose a man with a brain like Obama over their stooges...

Americans didn't care what color Obama is, what we liked was the man and the heart behind his vision to change America...

so back to where I started Gita, could you share some stories about your family still living in Tehran?

Humble Janitor
29th March 2010, 03:51
I like the first video and it looks like a beautiful place.

I guess that it's hard for some people to get past the ugly pallor of Iran's leadership and women must have a greater voice if Iran is to change in a positive manner.

However, it is not the job of the western world to change Iran. It is solely up to the Iranian people and I am sure they do not want to see another overthrow of their leadership by western forces (like the 1979 revolution).

Gita
29th March 2010, 09:36
Thanks Rock for your post – enjoyed reading it. However my point is that although on the surface and legally women don’t have as much right, realistically it’s the women who run the family and usually treat the men at home like doormats – their say so in the home is generally the final say. This was my experience when I was there over 30 years ago and my mother who regularly travels there says the situation is still the same and the men truly respect the women and sometimes even fearful, lol. It’s a double edged sword as for show and to get the governments off their backs they project this somewhat differently. To me they’re just being smart in the way they’re playing the game whilst behind the scenes doing what they can to change the situation.

Hey Rock – thought I’d already mentioned some of my own experiences in the earlier post (see above quote). However, I shall tell you more from what I remember. I remember the education was top notch and at the age of 5 we are taught two other languages – the school I attended taught English whilst others taught French or Spanish. Aramic was compulsory although I never got the hang of that cos far too difficult for me to get my head round it. When I came over here I had already the equivalent of O level math where here they were barely getting past long addition. I remember my first maths exercise in class they’d given us – I completed the whole book in the lesson and then was told I only had to do the first section on long addition!! I also remember the health system was much better there as every time I go to my doctor here he goes on the internet to look things up!! Needless to say I’ve not been doctors for a long time. My mother who splits her time between here and Iran also waits til she goes back to Iran to see a doctor.

I also remember huge superstores with beautiful lifts that I used to go up and down all the time cos I loved the lights they had on them and the big stores used to be open 24 hours a day. I also used to love going to the open cinema sat in the car eating Burger King and popcorn.

The mountains were my favourite and I couldn’t get enough of them – Iran is one of the most mountainous countries in the world. The scenery across the whole country differs greatly from huge water falls to white desert sand with lakes (very surreal). The beaches were beautiful and went on for miles and there was no segregation back then but I do believe it is now but I’ve not personally experienced that. I never experienced any inequality when I was there and often had the impression that women were in control of the men – according to my mum that has not changed!

I used to live in the most beautiful house that was huge and my dear father designed it and I remember going to see it being built. My sister used that design for her civil engineering degree and got top level. I remember people being very friendly to each other including strangers and often tried to over feed you to death. I remember the people being extremely passionate – a bit like the Italians and loved food, music and huge parties and often passerbys would walk in and join the party – that if they were not being dragged in. I never saw any one drunk and did not know the concept until I came here. Yes, there was alcohol there especially Vodka.

My youngest sister was brought up here and had no recollection of Iran and had also bought into the propaganda that was being spued. After years of badgering her, my mum managed to convince her to go over there and see for herself. Well it was an eye opener for her – she loved it and that’s an understatement. The best thing she remembers is how open and loving and generous the people were over there.

I do realise that things have changed a bit since the revolution but my family tells me its only on the surface and superficial. As far the politics goes, well that’s just a whole different kettle of fish. The whole purpose of this thread was so that people woke up a bit and not equate the people and culture with politics and all the other rubbish that’s going on there. These days I’m about balance and with all the negativity about Iran and places like her, I thought balance was needed by concentrating a bit on the positive side also to get a wider picture.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity Rock. :wink:

Jan Rodrigo
29th March 2010, 11:32
I would like to say that if more people was like gita ,this planet would be a better place , and if in Iran there all like you there gita maybe I should move there. take care don’t worry about the negativity people are projecting towards you. You no who you are and I no who you are.

Gita
29th March 2010, 11:35
Thank you Jan for your sweet words. I do appreciate your support. x

annemirri
29th March 2010, 12:59
I remember the education was top notch..
.. Iran to see a doctor.
.. the big stores, cinema sat in the car eating Burger King and popcorn...

The scenery across the whole country differs greatly from huge water falls to white desert sand with lakes (very surreal). The beaches were beautiful...

U used to live in the most beautiful house.. .

The best thing she remembers is how open and loving and generous the people were over there.

I do realise that things have changed a bit since the revolution but my family tells me its only on I the surface and superficial.

I shall repeat here what I have written before,
my best friends were from Iran, iranian armenians, the most gentle and loving people I have ever met,
telling what a beautiful country Iran is.

and that it WAS a paradise for many, especially for priviledged people like you Gita, I assume.

But that was before the revolution,
may I ask what year you moved from Iran? and why ? How old were you ?

My iranian friends are heart broken every time they visit "modern" Iran.
The customs take their camera away from them, she must wear a scarf covering her head.

My english friend had to leave her house, beautiful furniture, everything behind,
as her husband was under threat of being kidnapped.

In Iran the things have changed more than just a bit,
even your positive propaganda of iran won't make those things go away.

it is about freedom, religious or political.

I think that iranians are smart or clever enough to sort it out themselves without
americans intervening.

a.

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 17:38
The mountains were my favourite and I couldn’t get enough of them – Iran is one of the most mountainous countries in the world. The scenery across the whole country differs greatly from huge water falls to white desert sand with lakes (very surreal). The beaches were beautiful and went on for miles and there was no segregation back then but I do believe it is now but I’ve not personally experienced that. I never experienced any inequality when I was there and often had the impression that women were in control of the men – according to my mum that has not changed!

Hope this satisfies your curiosity Rock. :wink:

actually that was what I was waiting for you to share, don't make this thread about silly arguments, invite people in with Questions that you might be able to answer...

I'm not sure if you saw my thread in the other forum, but I shared many amazing things about Kurdish Iran...

The Kingdom of Armenia was the first state to adopt Christianity as its religion[7] in the early years of the 4th century (the traditional date is 301).[8] The modern Republic of Armenia recognizes the exclusive historical mission of the Armenian Apostolic Church as a national church.[9]

Armenia lies in the highlands surrounding the Biblical mountains of Ararat, upon which, according to Judeo-Christian history, Noah's Ark came to rest after the flood. (Gen. 8:4).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenia

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/golawane.jpg

According to the Old Testament the Kurdish Wan Lake is The lake in the Garden of Eden

The very first mention of the Kurds in history was about 3,000 BC, under the name Gutium, as they fought the Sumerians (Spieser). The territory of present-day Kurdistan corresponds roughly with the ancient Kingdom of Gutium (Qurti), which is mentioned in cuneiform records about 2400 BC, and had its capital at Arraphkha (modern Kirkuk).[10] Later around 800 BC, the Indo-European Median tribes settled in the Zagros mountain region and coalesced with the Gutiums, and thus the modern Kurds speak an Aryan language (Morris).

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/nemrud9.jpg

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/nemrut07.jpg

7,000 years older than Stonehenge: the site that stunned archaeologists

Circles of elaborately carved stones from about 9,500BC predate even agriculture

http://www.kurdistanica.com/?q=node/84

annemirri
29th March 2010, 18:06

I'm not sure if you saw my thread in the other forum, but I shared many amazing things about Kurdish Iran...

Thank YOu, Thank YOu so much Rocky Shorz !
you made my day with your beautiful images,
that was what "my inner self" wanted to see ! my friends were from Armenia.

Love,
a.

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 18:10
http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/kevrekevin.jpg

T-shaped columns which has recently been founded (2003) in Girê Navokê (Gobekli Tepe) in Ruha is consedering belongs to the eldest temple in the world, Age over 11000 years

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/templet1.jpg

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/gire_navoke61267126712.jpg

The site has been described as 'extraordinary' and 'the most important' site in the world

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto3/bestunbihistun.jpg

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 18:10
The Original Jerusalem - Jerusalaam - "Salaam" is the Arabic word for "peace" = (Jew R U Peace) but in Arabic it is read backwards... Peace U R Jew...

That's one of the strangest parts about Iran and Israel fighting, they are where Peace began...

(Did any of you know that King David became king in 1101 BC? 111 again and again...)

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/abraham1.jpg

The Prophet Abraham's lake in the Kurdish city Rûha. The fishs in this lake are protected by law

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/ruha01.jpg

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/rohilataWelati.jpg

Rocky_Shorz
29th March 2010, 18:12
Thank YOu, Thank YOu so much Rocky Shorz !
you made my day with your beautiful images,
that was what "my inner self" wanted to see ! my friends were from Armenia.

Love,
a.

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto2/armenianChurchKurdistan.jpg

The beautiful Armenian Church, in Eastern Kurdistan from 10th century on the Kurdish Lake Urumia

Giusmar
29th March 2010, 18:58
I would like to chip in here too if I may.

I had brief experience with IRAN in 2002 which you can read here (http://m31.de/enfield/english/trip2002.html) and it was 100% positive. But I only visited briefly.

How many racial, ethnical and economic conflicts does the USA have - is that a qualitatively different thing than the religious supersticions ruling Iran?
Lets just say: women in Iran are treated like blacks and hispanos in the US.
But even if that were NOT so - it is a FACT that the Iran is basically pushed into spending much more than they would want to into defense techniques. And in their case it really IS defence, with Israel being the main aggressor in liaison with their political dogs, the US of A. So get off the high horse already, all lovers of the western "democracy" with their child-abusing politicians and priests.

Looking from an elevated perspective the national question, us vs. them, better or worse, etc. are all part & parcel of divide & conquer of the NWO forces.

And even more elevated one could peruse the theory of soul-ages as of "michaels messages" which I find very useful as a model of the human experience.

In a perfect earth society they would all live peaceful together - but in the STS-aliens-rule-the-elite perverted current situation that has also been perverted and poisoned like all other human interactions.
Get your vibes up, activate your DNA - thats all you can really do to remedy the situation.

stop useless "us vs them" discussions.

I totally agree with you on your lucidly written post ...........and I also agree with what you assert in your next post.
There is much wisdom in your heart!

Gita
29th March 2010, 19:21
Hey Rock - To be honest, I’m not one to talk about myself but if there’s an experience I’ve had that is relevant to the topic then I’m quite happy to use it in that context. I’m more about putting info out there for people to discern for themselves and do what they will with it.

I sure did not intend making it about silly little arguments but I’ve got the feeling that you don’t know the whole story and I have no need to go into it here and give it more life cos in my opinion the whole thing is ridiculous.

Sorry to say I missed your post on the other forum – if you be good enough to throw in a link here I’d be more than happy to have a read.

Cool pic btw.

Myra
31st March 2010, 04:03
Gita,

First I want to say I always enjoy what you share here in the forum, and respect your stance on Iran. I like your spunk, and it's good to see you stand up for your heritage and country.

I can honestly say I have never met an Iranian that didn't leave for a reason, and seeing you aren't living there now, during the largest economic boom in modern history, I'm sure your family has its story too.

Now I know I ruffled your feathers saying women in Iran are treated like doormats, and I guess it is partially because if I was there, I could go to the store and buy a few rugs and stop on the way home to pick up a couple wives... and the rugs would have just as much say in the matter as my new wives... ;)

You can't take what I am saying much of the time at face value because there are deep meaning behind everything I share. I write to promote thoughts and to get people thinking about things that they normally wouldn't.

The truth is, until Iran gives women voices inside of the country so they can be heard, it will never find the peace that it deserves. Iran is run by Religious dictator and it is a religion that doesn't allow women in the upper ranks, so they will never rise to the power they need to change the country.

Iranians have always been fierce when they are fighting for what they believe in and they are tired of living with a boot on their throats. The government has ordered death to all protesters because they are waging a war against God. Give me a break, the people know exactly who they are upset with, and it isn't God. They are screaming Death to the Dictator, and right now he and his men are frightened. They ordered the police to fire on a crowd of protesters, and they lowered their weapons and said no...

The people have turned, the police and military have turned... The whole country is saying enough is enough...

Now I deal in truths, no matter how painful it might be, but Iran is on the verge of another revolution. Israel hasn't attacked because they see the country crumbling, there is no need for war. The propaganda you speak of is being brushed aside the whole world is rooting for the people of Iran, we are fed up with wars, it's time for peace.

Be careful of falling for the typical inside-job Psy-Ops stunt. It has happened before and could happen again.

Rocky_Shorz
31st March 2010, 07:23
I have so much more to share on Iran, I wanted to show some of the amazing new architecture that is only a few hundred miles from these ancient sites but the server went down, I'll start on it tomorrow... You might think some of the things I am saying about the leadership of Iran is harsh, but I will continue to bring it up to let people know what is really going on...

You started this thread about the"real" Iran and how you wanted people to get educated, so I am going to share both sides of the story...

In 2009 as a whole at least 388 people were put to death in Iran - the largest number recorded by Amnesty International in recent years. Figures collated by various human rights organizations, including Amnesty International, suggest the annual number of executions has almost quadrupled since President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was first elected five years ago. Many of those executed did not receive fair trials.

"The continuing surge in executions at a time when Iran has experienced the most widespread popular unrest since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, combined with numerous statements by officials threatening protestors with execution, indicates that the Iranian authorities are again using the death penalty to try and cow the opposition and silence dissent," said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, Amnesty International’s Deputy Director for the Middle East and North Africa...

Recent comments by Tehran prosecutor Abbas Ja'fari Dowlatabadi served to fan suspicions that the sentences were politically motivated. Referring to the imposition of death sentences on a group of protesters, he said: "Today the Islamic system has firmly put its opponents and dissidents in their place. The people will not allow such incidents to reoccur in the country."

http://ncr-iran.org/images/stories/2009/represion/iran_execution.jpg

Full Story (http://ncr-iran.org/content/view/7981/1/)

Gita
31st March 2010, 07:56
Gita,

Now I know I ruffled your feathers saying women in Iran are treated like doormats, and I guess it is partially because if I was there, I could go to the store and buy a few rugs and stop on the way home to pick up a couple wives... and the rugs would have just as much say in the matter as my new wives...

I hear what you say Rock. As I’ve said before I’m not sticking up for any one country including Iran nor am I here with an agenda of promoting any country including Iran. I just wanted to confront some of the propaganda that the west has been spuing for decades and thought on Avalon of all places people may be a bit more open minded and see beneath it all. I’ve noticed some have. I can only speak from experience and I like to mention that when I was there I never met any men with more than one wife and was never made aware of the concept that this could be so. My family tells me that some men there take more than one wife in order to look after these women in a genuine way (kind of imitating Mohamed) yet of course there are those who marry more than one for more self gratifying reasons but the women there are not stupid as they will make these men’s lives a living hell –lol.

Also lets not forget women all round the world are seen less than equal and they can say they have the same rights in the western worlds as men but just look at the work place and the salaries – just because they say there’s equality doesn’t mean it is so. Female energy has to become balanced all round our planet.

So many times I’ve heard men in UK be envious of places like Iran who are allowed to have more than one wife – this just tells me the reason why it’s not the case is purely cos of the law – if such law did not exist then I expect the same situation of marrying more than one wife would be ripe here. So in my view it all comes down to legality and not morality.

Oh, and there is no sinister reason why my family left Iran and came here. My father decided to bring the family over to experience another culture for a year or so– unfortunately the revolution started there afterwards and my father decided to hang on here and keep an eye on the situation. Well you know the rest – the revolution started and then the 10 years war with Iraq.

There’s research and there’s experience – our views meet somewhere in the middle – now that’s what I call balance.

Peace to you Rock.

Ps – not trying to be controversial here at all and I don’t do religions but it makes me laugh (and not in such a funny way) that Muslims all round the world (including in Iran) always say ‘blessings be with him’ whenever they mention Jesus – yet we all know that people of any faith of Jesus do use his name in vain and sometimes in the most derogatory way. This has always puzzled me!!

Gita
31st March 2010, 08:00
Gita,

Now I know I ruffled your feathers saying women in Iran are treated like doormats, and I guess it is partially because if I was there, I could go to the store and buy a few rugs and stop on the way home to pick up a couple wives... and the rugs would have just as much say in the matter as my new wives...

Hey Rock – what’s happened to the quote above – have you deleted it as it’s not showing up on my page. Not quite sure what angel to come from??

Gita
31st March 2010, 08:07
Gita,

Hey Rock – what’s happened to the quote above – have you deleted it as it’s not showing up on my page. Not quite sure what angel to come from??

Gita
31st March 2010, 08:23
I have so much more to share on Iran, I wanted to show some of the amazing new architecture that is only a few hundred miles from these ancient sites but the server went down, I'll start on it tomorrow... You might think some of the things I am saying about the leadership of Iran is harsh, but I will continue to bring it up to let people know what is really going on...

You started this thread about the"real" Iran and how you wanted people to get educated, so I am going to share both sides of the story...

Yea these things happen in Iran now (didn’t see anything like this when I was there though) and they don’t try and hide it either. But I can guarantee you that USA kills more of its own citizens (prison death row) than any other country not to mention the secret torture houses they’ve set up especially but their killings and tortures are all brushed under the carpet or they hide it behind their precious national security act. Heard of guatamobay? There are many places like this hell hole all round US and Europe all set up by the more ‘civilised’ governments. What a joke!

As I keep repeating myself, I am aware of the negative things that go in Iran and other countries – I set up this thread to show the other more positive side of Iran that people are not aware of. People can take it or leave it – it’s for other’s benefits and not my own. I have no invested interest either way.

You want to carry on and let people know what’s really going on then be my guest and focus on all the negative stuff that we all already know – better still open your own thread and bash Iran to your heart’s content and start a club if it makes you feel better.

There are others here who have benefited and this thread was for them. Job done. :wink:

kriya
31st March 2010, 13:46
Hi Gita,

I don't know whether you have seen this or not. It's a fantastic film about a young Iranian girl, living through the revolution. Taken from graphic novels, which are very funny.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PXHeKuBzPY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PXHeKuBzPY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gita
31st March 2010, 14:51
Thankd Kriya. I have seen the whole film - they showed it on one of the BBC channels only a few months ago. Still can't figure out why some of it is in French!!

kriya
31st March 2010, 14:54
Thankd Kriya. I have seen the whole film - they showed it on one of the BBC channels only a few months ago. Still can't figure out why some of it is in French!!

I think it was made in France.

Gita
31st March 2010, 14:58
Nice one Kryia. I mean the Iranians spoke in french and then there were English sub-titles! Also as I recall some of the times in the film they also spoke farsi! Never came across a format like that before.

Rocky_Shorz
31st March 2010, 22:07
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Azadi1.jpg

Tehran, Mar. 31 - Two earthquakes simultaneously rocked areas of Iran's northern province of Mazandaran on Wednesday while a third hit Tehran.

Rocky_Shorz
1st April 2010, 03:59
Yea these things happen in Iran now (didn't see anything like this when I was there though) and they don't try and hide it either. But I can guarantee you that USA kills more of its own citizens (prison death row) than any other country

As of November 2008, there is only one person on death row facing capital punishment who has not been convicted of murder. Demarcus Ali Sears remains under a death sentence in Georgia for the crime of "Kidnapping With Bodily Injury." Sears was convicted in 1993 for the Kidnapping and Bodily Injury of victim Gloria Ann Wilbur. Wilbur was kidnapped and beaten in Georgia, raped in Tennessee, and murdered in Kentucky. Sears was never charged with the murder of Wilbur in Kentucky, but was sentenced to death by a jury in Georgia for Kidnapping with Bodily Injury.

There were 52 executions of Mass Murderers and child kidnappers that resulted in deaths in the United States in 2009 compared to the 388 political opponents in Iran.

Sarah Palin and John McCain would both be swinging right now for voicing their opposition to the leadership if they were in Iran.

I’m not sticking up for any one country including Iran nor am I here with an agenda of promoting any country including Iran. I just wanted to confront some of the propaganda that the west has been spuing

You live in the West, your Father kept you there for a reason, because he didn't like what has gone on in Iran since the revolution...

What propaganda is the West "spuing" that you are confronting?

Now you have confirmed you don't like the government so we don't need to go there...

More people are riding camels in China than Iran and we understand they aren't living in tents so we don't need to go there...

It can't be that they don't have Uranium enrichment going on because they are proudly announcing each step they are making to the world...

So from this point forward all of that will be dropped and we'll just talk about the good parts of Iran in your thread...

Samarkis
1st April 2010, 05:14
Blessings to all here..........

Persia is one of Humanity's Cradles of Civilization..........It has much history,archeology & culture that fans out into the modern world...........
I have VERY dear friends that are from Iran........I have known them like family for over 20 years and are very gracious, polite,educated,talented........they have given up alot to move into western civilization...leaving much of their wealth and then spending much of their time & money helping friends & families to arrive as well...........I can honestly say they were at the front edge of change when Khoumani took power......My friends talked of microwaves and cell phones there 20 years before they had in USA.....

When we speak of any country that has had huge changes.....there is always pain & tragedy involved......

In any country around the world, there has been aggression and infamy in order to coerce agendas..........when the PEOPLE stand up to them....the people ALWAYS win........We are all on a journey to the graduation of Humanity that harmony is the goal and the date is set for 2012........

HOWEVER.........Gita started this thread to show the culture of the Iranian people and I feel it would be polite to stay on topic about that.......
(Others are welcome to start their own threads in regards to the politics in Iran as well as a seperate Amnesty International thread........)
I LOVE the clips that Cat Stevens, a peace spokesperson,had made with his songs with pictures of ordinary life of the Iranian peoples......VERY similar to any ordinary peoples anywhere else.............All special & Unique..........with the same issues we around the world are wrestling with as we rise to 4th & 5th densities...........Human Growth!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLX9ChtWBGo&feature=related

Gita
1st April 2010, 09:35
Samarkis thank you for your wise words and bringing balance to this thread. Love the vid too – somewhat poignant when compared to Iraq.

Samarkis
1st April 2010, 17:18
Thank you Gita.........

I agree that Beauty,Creativity,Wisdom is ALWAYS poignantly Different than Destruction,Obstructionism & Terror..........In any land or race.........

Maybe that is the true value in understanding being a Creator..........

(I.e- Tibet, China, African Countries,Iraq,Afghanistan,Palestine,Burma,Etc,Etc,Etc)

Samarkis
1st April 2010, 17:41
Here is a GREAT series of clips that everyone can enjoy...................

With much Love to all peoples of creativity,wisdom & kindness.......................As they are truly the masterpieces !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6dMdxhH-8c

john.d
2nd April 2010, 13:13
I quite like this too :

http://rense.com/general90/met.htm

Gita
2nd April 2010, 13:37
Yea I liked that too John. it's funny how Ahmadinejad keeps getting stick for being anti-jewish where he's really anti-zionist. People gasped in one of the UN conference when he spoke out against the zionist and tried to warn the world about their agenda. I'm still not keen on him though!

Rimbaud
15th May 2010, 23:40
Gita,

Personally speaking, Iran is one of the top two Countries in the World that I most want to visit (I've been to most others). I love the culture there and the history. I was at school with two Iranian boys when I was a kid and they opened my eyes to the incomprable culture that you have. it's too bad that there is such friction between our cultures...I'd go like a shot; but rightly or wrongly I'm worried about my safety there..not for me, but for my kids.

As for womens rights there...well I believe that is an issue for the Iranians to decide apon without imposing our often rotten Western standards on them.

Excellent comment Gita...well done

Rimbaud

Gita
16th May 2010, 11:59
Gita,

Personally speaking, Iran is one of the top two Countries in the World that I most want to visit (I've been to most others). I love the culture there and the history. I was at school with two Iranian boys when I was a kid and they opened my eyes to the incomprable culture that you have. it's too bad that there is such friction between our cultures...I'd go like a shot; but rightly or wrongly I'm worried about my safety there..not for me, but for my kids.

As for womens rights there...well I believe that is an issue for the Iranians to decide apon without imposing our often rotten Western standards on them.

Excellent comment Gita...well done

Rimbaud

Rimbaud, if you do get a chance to visit the country, then go for it. It’s one of the most mountainous countries in the world and the scenery constantly changes from area to area from lush tropical areas with massive waterfalls to white sand deserts with sea – very surreal and beautiful. You’ll be absolutely safe there and you and your family will be treated like royalty. The friction you speak of is pure propaganda. The people in Iran are extremely open minded, respectful and welcoming of other cultures. The females in your family may have to wear a head scarf but that’s just being respectful to the Iranian way of life as it is at the moment. When I was living there, every foreigner that visited Iran was doted upon and very much welcomed and the visitors absolutely loved it and enjoyed the warmth of the hearts of the people there. The only danger there is that you and your family will probably get fed to death so take elasticated jeans with you!:laugh:

Enlightenment101
16th May 2010, 16:12
The Wonderful part of the internet is people from other countries can put aside all the political garbage and get to know other people from around the world, I love speaking to people from other countries, Im then able to ask question and they can ask me questions and we all get a better understanding of how things really are and not what the Elites would like us to believe, I already knew this about Iran, I got the chance to have a few long conversations with a Man there inside Iran, and we both got an eye opener about each others country, they seem to feel Americans are more informed about our Government and he was shocked to hear that wasnt the case, and most of the time we have no idea what the Government is doing that is all kept secret from us,and we are power less even through elections to change much, and I learned alot about him and how people live in his country, and he discovered that The American People for the most part are not Satan as he was lead to believe, like in his country people are poisoned with Mind control to think everyone is evil. I explain to him that until we remove all governments and become one world and one Planet that the Elite will keep on doing what they do best, but it would take more than one country to stop them , we would all need to stand up and be accounted for.

Teakai
20th May 2010, 07:46
Thanks, Gita. I;ve long thought we've been given a rather limited voewpoint in regard to Muslim countries.

I came across this news item today and found it rather ironic: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=30299

Gita
20th May 2010, 08:52
Nice find Teakai. It is quite ironic in a comical way! :wink:

Victoria Tintagel
20th May 2010, 10:52
Thanks, Gita, for this insights in Iran. I never realised the city looks like this, I read some works by Rumi and in Holland we have a writer Kader Abdollah, who is a great builder of bridges from the Dutch to the Moslim world. He "wrote" a Koran and illustrated it with tulips and mills and wooden shoes. For thirty years he studied on a form that was understandable for us Dutchies and he did a great job. He combined this Koran with a second book on the Prophet Mohammed. Schools were now able to teach about the Koran, in a way that kids understood. Kader Abdollah writes from the heart and never polarises religion convictions, he's a great storyteller and for me he is one of the few man who understands the feminine aspect of masculinity. His choice of words and line of thoughts are reflecting the ancient Persian beauty and refinement of this great civilisation. During a signing of his books I complimented him on his work and vision, he took it in but couldn't look my in the eye. Old traditions are strong, so it seems. In Holland Moslim women wear orange scarves on Queens Day. That's a nice form of humour, I think, as we have to learn to live with each other in this poststamp country below sealevel. I support actions to build bridges between nations/cultures, cause we can benefit so much from each other. Thanks for this thread, Gita! :kiss:

Gita
20th May 2010, 11:35
You are most welcomed tintagelcave and thank you for your gracious post. I love hearing tales likes that – shows insight and progress within own communities. :)

thedot
20th May 2010, 14:41
Dear Gita,

Thank you for this test :) I'm a little bit surprised to see almost exclusively positive reactions to those three videos. To me, all of them are nothing but propaganda, and I would even say, anti-Iranian propaganda.

The first clip tells us that the ancient Persian culture is definitely dead, can be found only in museums, and is now entirely replaced by the 'western civilization' - the same architecture styles, same supermarkets, people live in the same pyramidal ant-hills, the center of Tehran looks like Las Vegas... Intentionally or not, the clip hides all that is Iranian, and thus unique, and highlights all that is not.

The second video shows us that when a job is physically hard and dangerous, women are welcome. The rest of the women's rights paradise in Iran is descibed by a top model.

The third clip is supposed to be educational. In a sense, it is: it shows that, in our times, for an Iranian to get recognition and fame, he or she has to leave the country and "go West".

As in any propaganda, true information is the last thing the clip authors worry about. I was especially shocked to 'discover' that one of the 'famous Iranians' was ... Freddy Mercury! Freddy Mercury had never even been in Iran! He was born in Zanzibar, grew up there and in India, and from the age of 17 to his death lived in England. OK, his parents were Parsis, members of the initially Iranian Zoroastrian community; but that community had left Iran for Western India in 10th century A.D. - more than a thousand years ago!

Why do I consider those videos anti-Iranian? But because they show us a country that has no culture of its own, no way of life of its own - the clips don't show anything but attempts to copy, imitate, "conform" to western standards!

Recently, the U.S. military have cancelled at the very last moment an exercise that involved an imitation of a nuclear attack on Las Vegas. Wasn't it because they saw the first of these clips, and decided to just bomb a copy instead of the original?

Gita
20th May 2010, 15:43
thedot, thank you for your input and it really wasn’t indented as a test. You make the assumption that Tehran has become westernised and ‘the centre of Tehran looks like Las Vegas’! This is the wrong assumption as when I lived there 30-40 years ago the capital was extremely modernised and when I arrived in London I thought how dull it was – so maybe Las Vegas has copied places like Tehran. Don’t forget the Western world especially USA always use propaganda as if they’d done it first. They would never have shown the true Iran back then and they still don’t.

I very much disagree when you make the statement that the country is shown to have no culture of its own. The place is huge and the culture is more prominent in some places than others but it’s in no way negated. Maybe your impression of the Iranian culture differs from the actual Iranians themselves and that’s maybe how you seem to perceive the videos differently than myself (who actually is an Iranian and lived there).

As far as having ‘to leave the country to go west’, I have no idea where you get that from. Many are recognised in Iran but as far as fame goes then yes, maybe they have to go West cos it’s like a religion over here but the Persians generally don’t buy into all this for the majority are able to see the shallowness in this and frankly they have more serious stuff to deal with.

thedot
20th May 2010, 16:06
Gita, as you have certainly noticed, I didn't say a word about Iran, and Tehran in particular, as they are in real life. I only wrote about how they look in those three clips. The very fact that you had to say, "No, it's not so", only confirms that one cannot "get educated" about real Iran by watching these clips. :)

Gita
20th May 2010, 16:14
Gita, as you have certainly noticed, I didn't say a word about Iran, and Tehran in particular, as they are in real life. I only wrote about how they look in those three clips. The very fact that you had to say, "No, it's not so", only confirms that one cannot "get educated" about real Iran by watching these clips. :)

If you say so dot! I expect you know more about this than me.:thumb:

thedot
20th May 2010, 16:44
I certainly don't know more than you about Iran, Gita. :) But, after 30 years in the press, I know the propaganda "kitchen". Just recognized it in these clips. That's how they presented life in the Soviet Union under Stalin and Brezhnev - "beautiful" :)

Gita
20th May 2010, 16:52
You saw the propaganda based on your extensive experience in the press and I saw the truth as I experienced it as a Persian. Amazing how our experiences dictate our view even when we look at the same thing. It sure is a colourful world dot. :)

thedot
20th May 2010, 17:20
Exactly :) You certainly see much more in these videos than I do. You don't need clips to tell you how people live in Iran, but that's exactly what I expected to see, and they only showed it 'through a shop window' - kind of animated album for tourists. For me, a country is its people, not its skyscrapers. In fact, even without knowing Iran in particular, I know that people there are the same as anywhere else, and live about the same way as anywhere else - maybe a little harder than in France or England, but with the same highs and lows, suffering from their authorities just as we do from ours, surprised how there is always enough money to build one more "beautiful nothing" and never enough for everybody to eat. This is what for me Iran and the West really have in common, not how their cities and top models look. :)

Rimbaud
8th June 2010, 00:16
Gita,

Thanks for your mail...I'll go to Iran next year for my 50'th B'day. I specifically want to go to Susa and Persepholis (?) excuse my spelling I'm a bit dyslexic. Before that I intend to join a Gaza relief boat just to see what happens..I'll probably go to Turkey next weekend to see if theflotilla happens.

Love

Rimbaud

Gita
9th June 2010, 11:49
Sounds an adventure Rimbaud. Have the most amazing time and be sure to post lots of pics. :thumb:

Rimbaud
11th July 2010, 02:15
Dear Gita,

I will if it happens...any friends in Tehran that I can send your greetings to?...I won't ask for help there..I like to immerse myself in the culture for good or bad on my own

Cheers

Rimbaud

Gita
11th July 2010, 10:05
Dear Gita,

I will if it happens...any friends in Tehran that I can send your greetings to?...I won't ask for help there..I like to immerse myself in the culture for good or bad on my own

Cheers

Rimbaud

Thanks Rimbaud but I lost touch with my childhood friends over 30 years ago. You can pay the mountains a visit for me though as I do miss them lots, hehe. Have the most wonderful time there if you do go and don’t forget the elasticised jeans. I look forward to your postcards. :wink:

Rimbaud
11th July 2010, 21:28
Will do Dear Gita when the time comes.

I actually can't wait to enter Ancient Persia and meet the rank and file folk there..I'll go to the archaeological sites after I've met your people in real life. Gita I'm sure I mentioned my Iranian friends when I was a Public Scool boy.

Cheers ma cher

Rimbaud

concerned square
12th July 2010, 08:24

Rogerc
10th April 2012, 22:48
Interesting you use the term "Persian".

I had a friend many years ago who was married to a tall beautiful woman named Parvin - she refused to call herself Iranian - she was Persian.

You're right about them being intelligent but it's not very intelligent to screw with the "Axis of Evil" - USA and the Rothschilds.

Before the good ole boys get upset I mean the government of the USA - most of the people are beautiful but the rulers stink.

Rogerc
10th April 2012, 22:54
Israel recently warned of a 'pre-emptive' strike on Iran.

How can a strike be pre-emptive when you announce it first?

The US military/industrial complex can't wait to have a go at Iran - DANGER

Rogerc
10th April 2012, 23:04
It makes me so sad,sad,sad when I hear that song.

Will 2012 bring a peaceful harmonious period or total conflagration?

The UK is introducing legislation to control the net - the only way peaceful people can communicate. That will be a precursor to the US doing the same. RESIST at all cost

Rogerc
11th April 2012, 01:42
Does anyone know who is behind the stopahmadinejad.com website?
There is an extremely graphic and disturbing video of a woman being stoned on it, but according to the comments after the video it actually happened in Iraq.

Wonder if it's any more graphic than a black American youth being dragged around behind a pick-up?

Definitely two sides to consider rather than being myopic