PDA

View Full Version : The Secret of El Dorado

The One
7th September 2011, 21:32
In 1542, the Spanish Conquistador, Francisco de Orellana ventured along the Rio Negro, one of the Amazon Basinís great rivers. Hunting a hidden city of gold, his expedition found a network of farms, villages and even huge walled cities. At least that is what he told an eager audience on his return to Spain.

The prospect of gold drew others to explore the region, but none could find the people of whom the first Conquistadors had spoken. The missionaries who followed a century later reported finding just isolated tribes of hunter-gatherers. Orellanaís story seemed to be no more than a fanciful myth.

When scientists came to weigh up the credibility of Orellanaís words, they reached the same conclusion. As productive as the rainforest may appear, the soil it stands in is unsuited to farming. It is established belief that all early civilizations have agriculture at their hearts.Simply brilliant

vibrations
7th September 2011, 21:59
The One
It looks like you are living inside the virtual world of YouTube. So many videos you find and I have to say a lot of them very interesting. I am very thankful for that.

P.S. Maybe you are an AI and you don't know it yet. ;)

The One
7th September 2011, 22:14
It looks like you are living inside the virtual world of YouTube

And google my friend :cool: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am glad you like them :tea: