PDA

View Full Version : About a $Trillion$ in mineral deposits found in Afganistan

Peace of Mind
14th June 2010, 14:29
GREED, GREED and more GREED

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/asia/14minerals.html?no_interstitial

This has the potential to make things worse. :eek: America really needs to get its greedy ASSets out of there. Africa has become the biggest industrial place on the planet. But, the majority of the natives are among the poorest in the world. The extremist in Afgan will not lie down easy knowing what the outcome can be like. What a new twist in things to come. This has got to stop...when will we all learn how to share and care for one another?

Peace

conk
14th June 2010, 16:08
So, there must be enough 'minerals' to pay for huge US Embassy there. Right? We're never leaving, are we?

Peace of Mind
18th June 2010, 17:13
It doesn't look like it, conk.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Afghan-mineral-wealth-may-be-apf-3305688522.html?x=0

Now the estimate is said to be about 3 trillion. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Gulf was a distraction. Anything dealing with abundant untapped wealth such as this has the potential to turn ugly and deadly. Let’s see how much coverage this will get…

I wish we stop distroying the world, and this includes all of its natural resources that has been here for eons. People have lived on this planet for ages and never have we been so dependant on destroying and taking in order to live and go forward. There has to be some kind of demonic force driving this hell train.

Do we really want to be free?

Peace

Ross
19th June 2010, 04:21
I'm sure they knew of this well in advance...add that to the opium revenue the oil pipelines and the stragtegic positioning...Iran...quite the business opportunity.