PDA

View Full Version : God is not the Creator, claims academic

MargueriteBee
15th June 2010, 07:57
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/6274502/God-is-not-the-Creator-claims-academic.html

The notion of God as the Creator is wrong, claims a top academic, who believes the Bible has been wrongly translated for thousands of years.

Professor Ellen van Wolde, a respected Old Testament scholar and author, claims the first sentence of Genesis "in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" is not a true translation of the Hebrew.

She claims she has carried out fresh textual analysis that suggests the writers of the great book never intended to suggest that God created the world -- and in fact the Earth was already there when he created humans and animals.

Timmoth
15th June 2010, 09:51
Interesting article, but as can be seen by the comments there, it's the same game, just different words.
There will always be someone with a different translation, or better context, or more authentic version of the manuscript, a truer author, on and on. Religious apologetics is bogged with people feeding their ego's about how 'learned' they are, yet all the while still looking to the words of a book for Truth rather than within their own being.
The idea that someone must be preached to from a book before they can be 'saved' is probably the most inefficient method a Creator could come up with. It means all those who haven't heard the word are damned by default, and gives the lie to any claims of true love or mercy.
For the system to be truly balanced and fair the truth must be self evident and available to all, automatically from birth - and it is.
Life teaches us all there is, even if we're not looking to learn. :cool:

15th June 2010, 10:51
. Religious apologetics is bogged with people feeding their ego's about how 'learned' they are, yet all the while still looking to the words of a book for Truth rather than within their own being.
The idea that someone must be preached to from a book before they can be 'saved' is probably the most inefficient method a Creator could come up with.

Or the most efficient if that "creator" intended to shield their true identity!! Articles like this prove how that hoodwink is still in effect today sadly.....

RedeZra
19th June 2010, 11:36
You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things - Rev 4:11

science says evolution

but is it not devolution

from a freshly created pristine state

the old men of renown

giants of physical prowess and mental masteries

do You recognize us now

Steven
19th June 2010, 12:25
Thank you MargueriteBee. The many times the word god or lord is used in the old testament is not always referring to the same being. For example, "Avinu" is sometimes used in the Pentateuch as reference to "god". Meaning "our god", very close to the name "Anu" lord of the Annunaki. The very same word is present in older sumerian texts, refering to "Anu", the king of the Annunaki. Which is obviously not the Creator of all things.

Another thing which is incredibly wrong with the word "god" is that the concept in the human mind is of a male being, singular to his Creation. In reality, the Creator is Creation not detached from it, but in it, from it, made of it, and is both male and female in essence.

Namaste, Steven

RedeZra
19th June 2010, 13:18
Another thing which is incredibly wrong with the word "god" is that the concept in the human mind is of a male being, singular to his Creation. In reality, the Creator is Creation not detached from it, but in it, from it, made of it, and is both male and female in essence.

Spirit is the essence of everything and It is forever whole and complete

this Great spirit is both the Creator and the Creation

Steven
19th June 2010, 13:28
...this Great spirit is both the Creator and the Creation.

I couldn't agree more. The Great Spirit is the name my native people use to describe the spirit of the Source of all things. But is also used by the people of the 5 continents, and is prior to the coming of Islam and Christianity in their culture.

Namaste, Steven

Grizzom
19th June 2010, 16:08
http://i49.tinypic.com/30s90ty.jpg

Benoit B Mandelbrot discovered fractal geometry, but I think God created the original fractal?

Kinda like creating a program (Fractal) using Phi and Pi syntax, and loading it up and letting it run on a supercomputer for billions if not trillions of years creating this cosmic simulation that were a part of?

Someone had to get the ball rolling, otherwise were back to the chicken or the egg and will never figure it out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6917200224135375895#

Good article and I like your blog.

MargueriteBee has some cool stuff check it out ;)

Humble Janitor
19th June 2010, 18:11
I don't believe in God. I do believe that there is a Creator, though it is not a physical form.

kriya
19th June 2010, 19:18
I don't believe in God. I do believe that there is a Creator, though it is not a physical form.

God, Creator, Cosmic Conciousness, Source energy etc...... are all just concepts or labels to describe the same thing.

Love,

Kriya

Jonathon
20th June 2010, 05:17
God is precisely what you need it to be... right now.

MargueriteBee
20th June 2010, 20:29
Thanks Grizzom!