PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions concerning the "Holy Bible".......

truth4me
18th September 2011, 23:15
Let me say this before I start. I believe the bible has been rigged. Truth/info and lies/disinfo mixed together. Remember to get people to believe the rigged/disinfo information there must be enough truth in the information to get people to fall for it. I will use the KJV for reference. Let's say you had no other information but the bible to go by. Isaiah 7:14---- "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sigh;Behold,a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel". Okay we know that a virgin will have a baby and his name will be Immanuel. Who gave Jesus the name Jesus? Does it not say it would be Immanuel? So the people of that day would have known him by Immanuel yet someone put the name "Jesus Christ" in there. If everyone,well not everyone, believes you go to heaven or hell then someone explain Matthew 5:5 to me. Now when would be another question concerning Matthew 5:5.....

truthseekerdan
18th September 2011, 23:26
Let me say this before I start. I believe the bible has been rigged. Truth/info and lies/disinfo mixed together. Remember to get people to believe the rigged/disinfo information there must be enough truth in the information to get people to fall for it. I will use the KJV for reference. Let's say you had no other information but the bible to go by. Isaiah 7:14---- "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sigh;Behold,a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel". Okay we know that a virgin will have a baby and his name will be Immanuel. Who gave Jesus the name Jesus? Does it not say it would be Immanuel? So the people of that day would have known him by Immanuel yet someone put the name "Jesus Christ" in there. If everyone,well not everyone, believes you go to heaven or hell then someone explain Matthew 5:5 to me. Now when would be another question concerning Matthew 5:5.....

Hi there, you may want to watch the video presentations from this post to have your questions answered.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30075-The-death-of-Comet-Elenin-a-return-to-rationality&p=311828#post311828

Much Love

shadowstalker
18th September 2011, 23:27
New International Version (©1984)
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
New Living Translation (©2007)
God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

International Standard Version (©2008)
"How blessed are those who are humble, because it is they who will inherit the earth!

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Blessed are those who are gentle. They will inherit the earth.

King James Bible
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Bible in Basic English
Happy are the gentle: for the earth will be their heritage.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.

Darby Bible Translation
Blessed the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
"Blessed are the meek, for they as heirs shall obtain possession of the earth.

World English Bible
Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

Young's Literal Translation
'Happy the meek -- because they shall inherit the land.

As i said many different versions of the bible and such
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-5.htm

truth4me
18th September 2011, 23:36

"How blessed are those who are humble, because it is they who will inherit the earth!

King James Bible

Bible in Basic English

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-5.htmheres the deal with Matthew 5:5. People have fallen for the heaven/hell stuff. They are taught this in most church's weekly. Now some believe that the earth will be reseeded after a "cleansing" occurs....with humble care for the earth no evil type people. Ask a preacher about Matthew 5:5 then watch him wonder....

shadowstalker
18th September 2011, 23:38
Gentle
Meek
different meaning s in themselves

Earth
land
Heritage
Different meanings in themselves

Blessed
Happy

58andfixed
19th September 2011, 01:42
The quickest & shortest answer about The Bible.

The Bible, God & Organized Religion are distinct & separate issues. It is best to not mix them up.

Get ahold of Bart D Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" and read it in 2-4 evenings.

For an even quicker synopsis, watch the series of the YouTube clips of a lecture he gave at Standford University lecture April 25, 2007.

Misquoting Jesus, Stanford Lecture, How Bible Got Tainted 1/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cK3Ry_icJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cK3Ry_icJo

10m 139,844 views

Posted November 13, 2007.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Misquoting-Jesus/Bart-D-Ehrman/e/9780060859510

http://img2.imagesbn.com/images/13770000/13772236.JPG

The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why

Review by KrisPA January 18, 2010:

"What I find most fascinating is that Ehrman isn't telling anyone anything they shouldn't already know, that is, that the New Testament is compromised of manuscripts that are copies of copies of copies, and of course have been changed (either accidentally or intentionally) by scribes making the copies."

"However, a lot of people are outraged by the book and what Ehrman writes in the book."

sygh
19th September 2011, 05:44
Truth4me;
In ancient times, the earth was refered to as "the underworld". This is not to say the earth is hell. Rather, it is the material world. We come from the etherial, or from/in the spirit. Here on earth, the spirit (our initial form, which is also syncroness, and synonymous with our intent) has conjoined with the corporal. Thus, we are 3D entities as in, from the spirit in which we came, to the mind (mental/thought), to the physical (material, in the flesh, corporal, nature). We jumped into material, we split jin and jang, and then we jumped into flesh. Then we mated in the flesh (apes). With both jin, and jang, it is entirely possible to have what can be called a virgin birth. Jesus was Adam reincarnate (a rose by any other name, convoluted as it is) and Mary was Eve. Adam and Eve were the two sides of the same coin; two within one. split. Mary gave birth to Jesus, Jesus was born to full-fill, or fix, what he set in motion as Adam with the tasting of the carnal experience, or the embedding of the spirit into the flesh. The Essenes chose Mary as the one who would bring forth Jesus. Mary had Jesus. Jesus came back, reincarnated, to show us how to overcome the material world. Jesus over-came it.

(Some people follow their blood-lines. I won't get into that.)

In other words, in the 3D, your thoughts can be realized in the material. Further, since we are etherial beings, your mental thoughts can be so strong, that what you think is as a deed already done.

Please read "There is a River, by Thomas Sugrue. Highly recommended.

Also, I found this very short but VERY good introduction to the Akastic Records, and another short intro concerning time, and what it is. Highly informative, and to the point. If you can afford the DVD, you can go to edgarcayce.org.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzWFI9Xdes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ZKZavOoCA&feature=related

Sorry, I haven't done the subject justice.

the trojan
19th September 2011, 08:16

King James Bible

Bible in Basic English

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-5.htm

Does anyone else see that the message in all of the above remains the same,and that is.
If you are meek or humble you will get a reward.
Its the classic 'christian smackdown',Oh and remember to turn the other cheek when it gets slapped!

Star1111
19th September 2011, 08:26
Wish I could assist truth4me, but I've never read the bible. I'm sure its a lovely story and I DO believe there was a good man called Jesus Christ who was kind, honest, loving and gave of himself but its all a bit too chinese whispers for me. No disrespect intended.
Peace & LOVE

DNA
19th September 2011, 08:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmvnXKRfdb8

Amen brother. :)

Robert J. Niewiadomski
19th September 2011, 10:41
Because Hitler used swastika does not mean swastika is evil... Some may argue that Hitler was not evil either...

Eric J (Viking)
19th September 2011, 11:21
Hi Truth ...

Yes the Bible has been fiddled with and played around to suit various groups to pave their way towards what we have today... But Immanuel has said that the truth will be known at all four corners of the Earth ... I think it is slowly seeping through ... hey, you know this anyway... ;-)

To those who are not aware ... go here for some true history ...

http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/J002.pdf

The story of the life of the one commonly known as Jesus of Nazareth as told by Jesus and the disciple Judas Iscarioth. Absolute clarification of the numerous falsifications, misrepresentations, lies and misconceptions concerning that time period and Jesus' teachings are presented.

A document was discovered in 1963 by a Greek Catholic Priest who had become a "contact" for the Cosmic Messengers who led him to this "lost" scroll. This Priest was persecuted and finally was killed, but not before he translated part of it and gave it to another man, Billy Meier from Switzerland, who would also become a contact. This document represents the true story of the life of the one commonly known as "Jesus of Nazareth". It is told by Jesus AND his disciple Judas Iscarioth who was also his scribe. For the first time in history Judas Iscarioth's name is cleared because he was NOT the one who "betrayed" Jesus. Absolute clarification of the numerous falsifications, misrepresentations and history 2000 years ago is given. Some of the many questions answered are:

* How was Christ conceived and why Mary was chosen?
* What was His true name at birth (Immanuel) and why was it changed to "Jesus" which means "The Anointed"?
* Who were the actual "teachers" of Immanuel?
* Who is GOD and what is THE CREATION above God?
* What are the true Laws of God and The Creation?
* What did Immanuel teach about Personal Responsibility?
* Who actually "betrayed" Immanuel and why was Judas Iscarioth blamed?
* What is the true purpose of Baptism?
* What was the purpose and meaning of Immanuel's Crucifixion and the Resurrection?
* What became of Immanuel after His Resurrection?
* What is the "Curse of Israel" and why is there a curse?
* What is Immanuel's and OUR connection with Celestial Messengers?
* Are we on Earth currently living in "The End Times" as predicted in Revelations?
* Why did Immanuel promise to return to us and do we know when?

Other topics include: Mary seeded by Gabriel, Guardian Angel of the Sons of Heaven. The actual teachings of the Master are given as spoken at that time. Clarification regarding God and The Creation. The Laws of The Creation and The Commandments are given in clear definitive language. The name of Judas Iscarioth is cleared as not being the one who betrayed Jesus. Statements by Jesus are provided, as spoken at that time, concerning falsification of his teachings over two thousand years. Strong warnings regarding false teachings. Words of great strength, power, light and healing at a soul-level. (Index included)

full read here...

~~~~~~~~

viking

Nairnia
19th September 2011, 11:41
If we applied the same scrutiny to all the so called whistleblowers and various youtube videos proclaiming the "truth," would there be an Avalon forum?
Its just another piece of the puzzle, Matthew 7:3 :)

<8>
19th September 2011, 11:46
Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.
History is a set of lies agreed upon.
No need to hid the truth, wait long enough and the people forget.
..(Napoleon)....

P.s sorry i was in a kind of FRENCHIE mode...:P

KosmicKat
19th September 2011, 11:46

Herein lies the great dichotomy! There are those who say "The Bible is God's Word! Every word in it is literal truth." and there are those who argue "The Bible is God's Word. What he meant by [whichever passage gets quoted] is ..." and they proceed to cite various passages which, if not taken literally, might be understood as having a more-or-less common meaning.

As for the first type of believer, don't go upsetting them by pointing out the contradictions. As for the second, don't go getting yourselves both tangled in a web of semantics and philology. If you believe it, you have your truth. If you don't believe it, then either you have another truth, or you are still looking for it. I wonder if Jesus would have said "Blessed are they that are content to live without searching for a truth that will never remain the same"?

Lord Sidious
19th September 2011, 11:50
Does anyone else see that the message in all of the above remains the same,and that is.
If you are meek or humble you will get a reward.
Its the classic 'christian smackdown',Oh and remember to turn the other cheek when it gets slapped!

Nope, I see the message differently.
The master says if you avalonuggets are good, you will get a reward later.
Real meaning?
Let's make them believe that if they are passive they will get a reward, meanwhile, they won't oppose us standing on their throats.

Because Hitler used swastika does not mean swastika is evil... Some may argue that Hitler was not evil either...

What if there is no such thing as evil people?
What if they are like the bad guys in Dirty Harry?
Just actors?

Robert J. Niewiadomski
19th September 2011, 12:12
Well, we are all actors ;) Acting out in our bodycostumes. Ah... and we act it for so long now that we have mistaken this play for reality ;)

Jake
19th September 2011, 12:15
Yes, actors,, in a play!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0UKPjh_EUY

Robert J. Niewiadomski
19th September 2011, 12:19
"Handbook for the New Paradigm" by George Green starts with that analogy also :) This propmted my awakening ;)

aranuk
19th September 2011, 14:38
Would you mind elaborating on that a wee bitty more m'Lord? I am interested.

Stan

Lord Sidious
19th September 2011, 16:49

Stan

Well Stanugget, what if there is no good and evil on this planet?
What if people volunteer to come here not only for the light, but for the dark too?
If there is no dark, how can there be light?
If we don't have the actors doing the ''evil'' stuff, then how do people awaken and choose ''light'' as their path?

Krullenjongen
19th September 2011, 16:53

Answer: In the prophecy of the virgin birth, Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah declared, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel." This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1:22-23, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' which means, 'God with us.'" This does not mean, however, that the Messiah’s name would actually be Immanuel.

There are many names given to Jesus using the phrase “He shall be called,” both in the Old and New Testaments. This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways. Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, “His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6). None of these titles was Jesus’ actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever. Luke tells us Jesus “shall be called the Son of the Highest” (Luke 1:32) and “son of God” (1:35) and “the prophet of the Highest” (1:76), but none of these was His name.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Immanuel-Jesus.html

And yes the meek shall inherit the earth so???
Does it say they do not go or cannot go to heaven?......No, so that explains it.

In the end God will create a new earth and a new heaven, it might be that we can travel between them.
Don't forget that the bible also speaks of heavens in the plural.
The first heaven is the sky, the air that you breathe so heaven and earth are not far apart if at all.

Krullenjongen
19th September 2011, 16:58
Gentle
Meek
different meaning s in themselves

Earth
land
Heritage

Blessed
Happy

Yeah that's what you get when you translate something from a different language.
Some words in other languages can have a slightly different meaning so one translator picks a different word that the other.
But be honest, are mild, meek and gentle so very different that it really changes what is being said?

Eric J (Viking)
19th September 2011, 18:02

Stan

Well Stanugget, what if there is no good and evil on this planet?
What if people volunteer to come here not only for the light, but for the dark too?
If there is no dark, how can there be light?
If we don't have the actors doing the ''evil'' stuff, then how do people awaken and choose ''light'' as their path?

Mmmm the way I see it Sid...

Is that there is good and evil, and we all have a choice to take the route we desire on this planet...

Perhaps we volunteer to come here to experience the choice we have, with our freewill...

Some choose the dark and some choose the light...

Both exist here as they do within the Universe...yes they could be actors, but does that mean they do not have souls??

And if they have souls then maybe they have to re-incarnate until they have learned their lessons...

viking

Warlock
19th September 2011, 21:59
If you believe the Bible is rigged, why the questions?
What difference does it make?

No offense intended.

Warlock

Billy
19th September 2011, 22:10
I like the term, BIBLE = Basic Information Before Leaving Earth.

I have read the bible many times, reading it as a book. starting from page one. a very interesting story. Some truths, some lies, Truths that were taken out and Truths that were hidden. Still i enjoyed the book. It made me question the lies.

truth4me
19th September 2011, 23:07
Hi Truth ...

Yes the Bible has been fiddled with and played around to suit various groups to pave their way towards what we have today... But Immanuel has said that the truth will be known at all four corners of the Earth ... I think it is slowly seeping through ... hey, you know this anyway... ;-)

To those who are not aware ... go here for some true history ...

The story of the life of the one commonly known as Jesus of Nazareth as told by Jesus and the disciple Judas Iscarioth. Absolute clarification of the numerous falsifications, misrepresentations, lies and misconceptions concerning that time period and Jesus' teachings are presented.

A document was discovered in 1963 by a Greek Catholic Priest who had become a "contact" for the Cosmic Messengers who led him to this "lost" scroll. This Priest was persecuted and finally was killed, but not before he translated part of it and gave it to another man, Billy Meier from Switzerland, who would also become a contact. This document represents the true story of the life of the one commonly known as "Jesus of Nazareth". It is told by Jesus AND his disciple Judas Iscarioth who was also his scribe. For the first time in history Judas Iscarioth's name is cleared because he was NOT the one who "betrayed" Jesus. Absolute clarification of the numerous falsifications, misrepresentations and history 2000 years ago is given. Some of the many questions answered are:

* How was Christ conceived and why Mary was chosen?
* What was His true name at birth (Immanuel) and why was it changed to "Jesus" which means "The Anointed"?
* Who were the actual "teachers" of Immanuel?
* Who is GOD and what is THE CREATION above God?
* What are the true Laws of God and The Creation?
* What did Immanuel teach about Personal Responsibility?
* Who actually "betrayed" Immanuel and why was Judas Iscarioth blamed?
* What is the true purpose of Baptism?
* What was the purpose and meaning of Immanuel's Crucifixion and the Resurrection?
* What became of Immanuel after His Resurrection?
* What is the "Curse of Israel" and why is there a curse?
* What is Immanuel's and OUR connection with Celestial Messengers?
* Are we on Earth currently living in "The End Times" as predicted in Revelations?
* Why did Immanuel promise to return to us and do we know when?

Other topics include: Mary seeded by Gabriel, Guardian Angel of the Sons of Heaven. The actual teachings of the Master are given as spoken at that time. Clarification regarding God and The Creation. The Laws of The Creation and The Commandments are given in clear definitive language. The name of Judas Iscarioth is cleared as not being the one who betrayed Jesus. Statements by Jesus are provided, as spoken at that time, concerning falsification of his teachings over two thousand years. Strong warnings regarding false teachings. Words of great strength, power, light and healing at a soul-level. (Index included)

full read here...

~~~~~~~~

vikingThank you viking my friend........yes truth is out there and it CAN be stranger then fiction.....

58andfixed
20th September 2011, 04:17
What one has, is the end of the cul-de-sac of the current engineered paradigm.

We are all permitted our BIASES, and NOT encouraged to look any deeper to see where each of us could move a step closer to unwinding our BIASES towards something closer to reality.

The designed aphorism is "You can believe what you want to believe, and I will believe what I want to believe." [and neither of us are to examine any further to discover to which we are both BIASED.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

"A cognitive bias is a pattern of poor judgment, often triggered by a particular situation."

"Identifying "poor judgment," or more precisely, a "deviation in judgment," requires a standard for comparison, i.e. "good judgment"."

"In scientific investigations of cognitive bias, the source of "good judgment" is that of people outside the situation hypothesized to cause the poor judgment, or, if possible, a set of independently verifiable facts."

"Belief bias –
an effect where someone's evaluation of the logical strength of an argument is biased by the believability of the conclusion."

If you believe it, you have your truth.

If you don't believe it, then either you have another truth, or you are still looking for it.

58andfixed
20th September 2011, 04:22
The answer lies in the transferability of discernment to other issues.

The legal system, Law, Politics, Financial System, Medical System, Mainstream Media...

Understand the one, and a person can unravel the next that much easier.

PLUS, one might be prepared with the tools necessary to help one wound up in the deception of it.

The exercise is very well worthwhile.

Warlock

Andrew D Doyle
20th September 2011, 18:45
Think outside the box.....Women can have babies without sex...test tubes, language Immanuel or Jesus it matters not it would never have been heard as the actual words Jesus Christ within the Aramaic world..it could have Johan Schmidt....or John Smith in any langauge....Bearing in mind English was latin or Gaelic for a very long time...how does that sound...I wrote a book called The Silent Apostle amongst others and the bible does indeed get confusing....But what a storyline....have fun working it out...

Eric J (Viking)
20th September 2011, 19:09

No offense intended.

Warlock

Thought that was why we're here..to seek 'truth' ...

It matters alot...a huge difference...if folk realize that the bible has been changed/rigged over the years...then surely they know where they stand with this...?

No offence...

viking

transiten
20th September 2011, 19:51
Well watch Mr Astrotheology Santos Bonacci look at the Bible from an astrological standpoint, interesting to say the least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YA-9iHKHJo and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtExkh6ZiNU

Got it from another thread, don't remember which but thanks

58andfixed
21st September 2011, 03:58
For those that really have the time, energy, curosity, desire & commitment to dig in deep, here's a site loaded with research:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/intro.html

"Introduction to the Bible and Biblical Problems"

and the bible does indeed get confusing....But what a storyline....have fun working it out...

Rocky1
21st September 2011, 04:27
Even if you believe the bible has been "rigged" the fundamental question is "Do I believe in God?" (whatever your religious beliefs may be). If the answer is "no" then what I say probably won't matter. If you do believe in God then I will tell you what a friend once said to me. He told me that God only wants to be loved. However it is not always easy to talk about your love of God. As a result groups developed which had mutual beliefs that made it easier. Groups such as Catholics, Jews, Protestants, Muslims, etc. are really individuals with a common fellowship that allows them to talk more freely about their love of God. Religion creates a comfort level to profess your love.

Even if you don't believe in God the basic principles of the Judeo-Christian religions cannot be denied. In the New Testament Jesus reduced over 500 laws of the Torah into just two. In short, they are "love God above all other things"" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" In following this you would fullfill seven of the ten commandments of the Old Testament. You woud not kill, steal, commkit adultery, covet, etc. You would honor your parents. The only three you would not fullfill are the ones related to the existence of God.

So even if the bible is rigged, it is rigged in favor of making us all better people.

Rocky1
21st September 2011, 04:40
Following up on your statement the bible gave us the laws which we are to live by. Before the law there was no "good" and "evil". Until Eve's "original sin" there was only one law - don't eat from the tree of knowledge. There was no "evil" there was only "good" Regardless of one's beliefs there is nothing wrong with "doing unto others what you would want them to do unto you". If everyone would only follow this basic truth the world would be a better place to live in. They could walk in "the light", while being mindful of "the darkness"

58andfixed
21st September 2011, 04:57
The Bible is NOT God, nor was it written by God.

God, Organized Religion and The Bible are separate & distinct issues that many confuse & commingle.

Whether one believes or doesn't believe in God, and especially The Bible, it is well worth the effort to read it just once, to *know* what is written in it.

From there, people are in a far better position to make a much more effective & sustainable choice about God, any Organized Religion, and choices they make in their social interactions - forever on this mortal plane.

Most Christians have never read The Bible, relying instead on some person at a pulpit, and they have effectively divided themselves into over 33,000 denominations.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/a106.htm

The Facts and Stats on "33,000 Denominations"

Even if you believe the bible has been "rigged" the fundamental question is "Do I believe in God?" (whatever your religious beliefs may be).

Even if you don't believe in God the basic principles of the Judeo-Christian religions cannot be denied.

So even if the bible is rigged, it is rigged in favor of making us all better people.

beyondmyctrl
21st September 2011, 06:01
fascinating stuff, I have to admit I've never read the bible, but lately I've been thinking about reading it a lot . If I were to decide to read it can anyone tell me which version would be the best to read . Spanxs ! :)

Also I was wondering, could anyone direct me to someplace where I could read a different translation of the sumerian tablets than Zecharia S.'s ? I'm just curious because knowing that these texts are open to interpretations I'd like to compare two different versions, one from someone who believes in ancient aliens and one who doesn't so that I can make up my own mind . I 've been reading the lost book of enki and at one point there is the word "alien" in one of the sentences, now I'm pretty darn sure the sumerians didn't use the word "alien", that was Zecharia's interpretation of the word , I'd like to see what meaning another person gave that word. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to debunk Zecharia, I actually believe in the ancient alien theory but how can I say I believe something without even giving the other side of the coin a chance ? Again , spanxs :)

Lord Sidious
21st September 2011, 06:04
Even if you believe the bible has been "rigged" the fundamental question is "Do I believe in God?" (whatever your religious beliefs may be). If the answer is "no" then what I say probably won't matter. If you do believe in God then I will tell you what a friend once said to me. He told me that God only wants to be loved. However it is not always easy to talk about your love of God. As a result groups developed which had mutual beliefs that made it easier. Groups such as Catholics, Jews, Protestants, Muslims, etc. are really individuals with a common fellowship that allows them to talk more freely about their love of God. Religion creates a comfort level to profess your love.

Even if you don't believe in God the basic principles of the Judeo-Christian religions cannot be denied. In the New Testament Jesus reduced over 500 laws of the Torah into just two. In short, they are "love God above all other things"" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" In following this you would fullfill seven of the ten commandments of the Old Testament. You woud not kill, steal, commkit adultery, covet, etc. You would honor your parents. The only three you would not fullfill are the ones related to the existence of God.

Didn't jesus allegedly say ''I came not to do away with one jot of the old law, but to bring you one new one, love one another as I have loved you?''

58andfixed
21st September 2011, 06:52
According to what is reprinted in The Bible, it does say:

John 13:34 KJV

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

So, leave all the old laws as they were, but here's just one more to add... :)

That said, quite a bit higher standard than:

Matthew 7:12: KJV

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

The few times I do cite from any Bible, is to point to the pointlessness of citing from it.

Didn't jesus allegedly say ''I came not to do away with one jot of the old law, but to bring you one new one, love one another as I have loved you?''

Seikou-Kishi
21st September 2011, 07:50

'Jesus' doesn't mean the Anointed, 'Christ' (from Greek 'Christos') means 'the annointed one'/'he who has been anointed' and is therefore an epithet/title and not a name (as most people seem to believe). If it interests anybody, 'Immanuel' means 'With us is God' while Jesus comes from 'Yehoshua' (modern English 'Joshua') which means 'Jehovah is salvation'. I half think Christians should refer to him as Joshua, and those who insist they have a deep and personal relationship with him should call him Josh lol.

Note the difference, though: -el in 'Immanuel' means 'God', while the Je-/Yeho- in Jesus/Yehoshua mean 'Jehovah'. It could well be an important difference. The difference becomes more pronounced with the names Elijah (Eliyahu) and Joel (Yo'el), which mean, respectively, 'my god is Jehovah' and 'Jehovah is god'.

Of course, if it were true by definition that Jehovah was god, these names would be tautologies. It is true in the case that Elizabeth II is the Queen, but it's not necessarily true. I would contend that those two names demonstrate that Jehovah is not necessarily god, but a being which, if it exists, would sincerely like you to believe it is.

Rocky1
22nd September 2011, 02:14
If you can handle the "thees" and "thous" you can't go wrong with the King James Version. Otherwise I found the NIV the easiest to read. The first five chapters of the Old Testament will provide many of the Bible stories you might be famliiar with. Similarly the first five chapters of the New Testament present most of the stories about Jesus you might have heard about. The last chapter, Revelations is the most difficult chapter to understand.