PDA

View Full Version : The Future of War American Military Robots

ktlight
21st September 2011, 09:34
Straight out of a scifi movie into reality, the US military wants robots.

yhlMyz7sqcc

And here is footage of Lockheed Martin HULC Exoskeleton

kat8I5UM_Vs

folotheflo
21st September 2011, 09:45
wow. you can really see where this is all going, on lots of levels. it is amazing tech, but in the wrong hands ........... i shudder to think

TigaHawk
21st September 2011, 10:17
I see this beign far more usefull to a Farmer, or Laborer, or someone from the Fire/Ambulance than it ever will be on a soldier.

the exoskeleton that is.

Cheetah is just an expensive piece of metal. Or perhaps a statue to go in the front yard once its out of batteries and cant be charged.

the trojan
21st September 2011, 13:19
the vid evidence in the first video,featuring BIG DOG,has been on the net for about seven years at least,
Boston Dynamics is the company if anyone wants to see more.

Anno
21st September 2011, 15:10
They don't just want them, they already have them. See if you can find any episodes of Future Weapons.

They have boats, land vehicles and planes that can all be operated remotely for now or be given AI in the future. All of them heavily armed, equipped with a variety of sensing systems and all programmed to 'eliminate targets from a safe distance'.

My favourite is this microphone system they have that can detect where gunfire is coming from and automatically aim guns at the source. Designed for dealing with 'geurilla' warfare. Like people hiding in houses or bushes trying to ambush them because they don't have armoured vehicles to hide in themselves.

Ofcourse, if the occult were connected to the Military Industrial Complex and you could find a way to put Demons in control of these things instead of AI or soldiers, then you'd have Terminator.

Calz
21st September 2011, 15:18
They don't just want them, they already have them. See if you can find any episodes of Future Weapons.

They have boats, land vehicles and planes that can all be operated remotely for now or be given AI in the future. All of them heavily armed, equipped with a variety of sensing systems and all programmed to 'eliminate targets from a safe distance'.

My favourite is this microphone system they have that can detect where gunfire is coming from and automatically aim guns at the source. Designed for dealing with 'geurilla' warfare. Like people hiding in houses or bushes trying to ambush them because they don't have armoured vehicles to hide in themselves.

Ofcourse, if the occult were connected to the Military Industrial Complex and you could find a way to put Demons in control of these things instead of AI or soldiers, then you'd have Terminator.

Exactly.

If you want to get a glimpse of "what they have" then take Duncan O and project about 4 generations beyond him ...

Mad Hatter
21st September 2011, 16:50
Unfortunately these come under the heading of kids toys when stood beside nanotech and quantuum potential devices...