PDA

View Full Version : I think I'll say "goodbye"....

kathymarie
21st September 2011, 18:31
I have very much enjoyed my time here at Avalon...especially making new friends....you know who you are....and finding information from those I believed to be like-minded. It's very hard, as many of you well know, to feel as if you are out of step with those around you. My immediate circle of friends and family think my ideas about the truth of reality are 'crazy'. They don't believe in conspiracies and only see God, government and church as pillars of truth and the cornerstones of civilization. I try to chip, chip,chip away but usually feel I'm wasting my time. That's why I blessed the day I found Avalon.

...but I don't think I'm a good fit here so I'm taking some time away to consider this...life's too short not to make the most of each moment.

Blessings, love and light to all of you.

...Thursday..Sept. 22....I wish to say a few things....then let's put this thread to rest.
I would never leave a company of friends....real, virtual,whatever.....without saying "goodbye". I thought saying that in a thread would be better than sending a bunch of pm's to my friends here as well as others whom I have come to appreciate and respect. There was no other motive. I am surprised by the number of responses....and a bit embarrassed, as well. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words...even any that read to me pretty much as "ta-ta and don't let the door hit your backside on the way out"...;).

The problem for me is not in the daily, incessant "chipping"....nor is it anything to do with Avalon. I, like others, have baggage that I thought I had dealt with ages ago. Just in the last few days I've had comments and posts that stirred up feelings inside me that are unwelcome and well, just not me. But of course, they are a part of me....else I would not be feeling them. I'm not going to bore you with personal details . We all have our own stories, with past drama, abuses, hurts and wrongs. I honestly thought I had put all behind me....I thought I had done the requisite forgive and forget. I have enjoyed a fair amount of success in life and believed living joyously was indeed the best revenge...and I use that word in the loosest sense.

Someone here made a comment recently, innocuous enough, that sent me reeling for days. Not from what they said----their voice....but from a voice from my past. Suddenly I was a vulnerable 6 year old again....or 16 year old...doesn't matter. It has taken my adult life and physical separation from that part of my past to rid myself of it....only to find I haven't dealt with it and the most foolish of comments brings it to the surface again.

The "good fit" part means that sometimes posts seem not to hold love as the standard by which they are written. I've said in other posts I'm kind of naive. It's always a shock to my system when I read something that comes across as mean-spirited and unkind, short-sighted or premature. I usually just ignore such words but this week I've found myself angry, pi**ed off, & wanted to fire off a blistering retort. One of the things I put behind me was cutting with my words. I don't like feeling this way. More work I need to do...I know.

Thank you so much again for your kind words....any others I'm just going to ignore. I'm taking a couple of weeks away from Avalon....from the computer in general....for meditation, soul-searching and deep digging.

As I said earlier, except for making a few responses to some of the below posts....let's put this to rest.

blessings....

Jake
21st September 2011, 18:33
You are a perfect fit! :) Perhaps you should simply take a break. Your awakening is inevitable,,, no matter where you travel... Love always... Jake.

crosby
21st September 2011, 18:37
kathymarie, i hope you reconsider. there is so much to learn yet. and i know that you have many good threads inside waiting to come out. please let me know if i can help in anyway.
warmest regards, corson

aranuk
21st September 2011, 18:38
I have very much enjoyed my time here at Avalon...especially making new friends....you know who you are....and finding information from those I believed to be like-minded. It's very hard, as many of you well know, to feel as if you are out of step with those around you. My immediate circle of friends and family think my ideas about the truth of reality are 'crazy'. They don't believe in conspiracies and only see God, government and church as pillars of truth and the cornerstones of civilization. I try to chip, chip,chip away but usually feel I'm wasting my time. That's why I blessed the day I found Avalon.

...but I don't think I'm a good fit here so I'm taking some time away to consider this...life's too short not to make the most of each moment.

Kathy Nah Stay. You're a great fit here! As much as anyone.

Stan

ulli
21st September 2011, 18:40
I agree with Jake.
In my view you fit like one of those rocks in an ancient pyramid.
You are just having one of those Cap attacks of not feeling quite right...
Nothing to do with Avalon, but life on this planet itself and the way time flies....
Now go and rethink what you just posted.
Rise up to a bird's eye view of things...

Pamela
21st September 2011, 18:40
I don't always think I am a good fit here either. I think perhaps it is that I don't have the time to really get to know the people. However, that is my fault and not the site.

What I decided is that I will read what interests me and ignore the other. I came here looking for interesting and useful information that I may not find elsewhere. Some information I resonate with and some I do not. Often times (and many times in the not so distant past) I almost closed my membership due to the infighting and bickering. As you can see...I still am here. Taking what I need and leaving the rest for others.

I hope you find what you are looking for! It may be from others or as close as your heart!

Peace be with you,
Pam

Lisab
21st September 2011, 18:44
Hope you change your mind Kathymarie. None us here probably really 'fit' and thats why we fit here!! Love and light Lisa xx

White Rabbit
21st September 2011, 18:55
Hi KathyMarie... I respect your choice... I find myself needing a break every now and again... but I come back! :)

Blessings where ever you find yourself! :)

ViralSpiral
21st September 2011, 18:55
Hope you change your mind Kathymarie. None us here probably really 'fit' and thats why we fit here!! Love and light Lisa xx

this....

As Jake said too:- no matter where you travel...
And Ulli:- life on this planet itself and the way time flies....

Things are very confusing right now, and we need to surround ourselves with ilk.

Stay :)

Marianne
21st September 2011, 18:56

I agree wholeheartedly with Lisab -- I don't really fit here either, I'm not brilliant or even smart like so many here. I don't have a gift for expressing myself. But I love being here nonetheless, because there is love and positivity and laughter...there's other stuff here too, fear creeping in, and sometimes anger, but we can all hang together and get over that.

I remember staying at a girl's summer camp in Vermont, as an adult, where they devoted the last two weeks of the season to 'family camp'. The woman who ran it was a wise woman indeed. I liked to sit around her kitchen table and help her with the garden vegetables (she showed me how to braid onions) and talk to her. One little gem she gave me was that the kids who came and stayed only 2-3 weeks missed out on wonderful relationships, because the first little while was spent coming to terms with each other, feeling out of kilter and all. After the first little while, things got sorted out and kids learned how to be together, and formed long lasting bonds.

I hope you stay.

All love,
Marianne

SpookyMulder
21st September 2011, 19:13
Like most people here, I will please ask you to reconsider because you are part of the changes that are happening here for all of us.

You are part of the"big plan"whether you think you fit or not, but none of us fit in the reality we have been led to believe, but a new one will be born and this forum and the universe will always need you.

You are not different to anybody else, you "woke up" from a long sleep by joining Avalon and this is the smartest of move I shall say:cool:
A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love and your life has already changed for the best.

In love and light always

Tony
21st September 2011, 19:15
Dear Kathy,
Mind is like a parachute...it is best when it is open. Extremely wise words. You fit here and will be much supported.

Love
Tony

pyrangello
21st September 2011, 19:19
KathyMarie, I remember reading Project Camelot way before Avalon was started, I remember feeling so overjoyed and overwhelmed that I finally found the big piece to
the puzzle to start leaping forward and connect the dots if you will. Along with that came wanting to tell everyone some of the truths that they should know, then the
realization set in that many think your nuts, and so your bubble that just blew up slowly deflates and then reality sets in. Your here for a reason , a special reason and
a common question asked to like minded avalons that we've probably all heard is "Do you know?" . Not many can resonate with that question as you don't have all the answers
but indeed are on the right path. One thing you are learning now is that it is very difficult to change direction of people's beliefs or thought processes, basically your rocking
their world and comfort level and to them everything is just fine the way it is. Only thing is the way it is isn't going to be here in the next 2 years, it's coming for a change big time.
Just recognize your on the cusp of where many should be or will be going, your ahead of the curve and when you see that tiny window of curiosity of someone taking
interest in your thoughts plant a small seed and let it sit there for a while. Help those and bond with those that are looking and most of all , fear doesn't exist.
Stay with your family and friends in public but in private educate yourself here, here are many talented and gifted individuals from all over this world, How cool is that.
Here is where you learn to stay grounded and centered and when things get out of hand you'll be the calmest one in the group making rational decisions without fear
because you do know !!!!!!!!!!!! Stay the Path young lady , the longer your on it , the better you feel.

Ernie Nemeth
21st September 2011, 19:25
KathyMarie,
I don't presume to know how you feel but I was at that point a while back. I wanted to run, that's what I do...
The scars of that time are still evident on my profile page - erased messages.
Take some time, read the posts here - and see that you are loved.
You do fit here! As do I...
Love,
Ernie

ktlight
21st September 2011, 19:29
KathieMarie, Just STAY. Don't give up. You're doing fine here.

GCS1103
21st September 2011, 19:33
Kathymarie- I hope so much you will reconsider and stay here. Yours is the voice of reason and careful thinking and we need people like you so badly. Your contributions are appreciated by myself and others and you are a "perfect fit" here.

Love,
Goldie

norman
21st September 2011, 19:36
Your formality of either being here or not being here intrigues me a little.

My own relationship with this forum is more casual. I often wander off when I'm bored or upset. I don't slam the door behind me and I know I can return when I want.

Now, if someone changed the locks while I was out, that would be another matter.

christian
21st September 2011, 19:37
It's understandable to leave with saying goodbye, it shows that you got some manners, but you can get here anytime you wish, if you feel like reading or writing, do so, if you feel like doing something else, do something else. Go for whatever makes you happy, do some travelling, if you're inclined to do so, but I'd appreciate you posting updates on it. :cool:

You cannot make others 'see', if they don't want. Think about, whoever will be the first one among your friends and relatives, who will respect and ponder your views, will be afraid of being met with the same kind of ridicule etc. that you experience.

What I read between the lines is - correct me, if I'm wrong - you feel uncomfortable within your circle of friends and relatives and thus want to 'take the blue pill'. To try this is an option... Once you know, you can never go back, they say, yet most of us are born without the knowledge they had prior, so it kind of works sometimes.

I prayed for the gift of intuitive insights to know whether something important is true or not immediately. Then one day, when I first read about David Icke's claim about the 'fake moon' etc. I immediately knew that he's right on that. Yet, I decided to tell the story to a somewhat sceptical friend in a tone, as if would ridicule it, as if I wouldn't believe it either, because I'm well aware of how outrageous it appears. I was pretty calm, nothing special about my body or mind in that moment when I told him, yet my nose started bleeding seconds after that. Don't mess around with the gifts that you got, is how I understand that, with great power comes great responsibility.

centreoflight
21st September 2011, 19:39
Just read your blog and its comments. i also feel somehow where am i. do i belong here? i like to break the ice and share a few thoughts:

Neo realized that he had to fight Smith. The Agent had no power over him! Now we as humanity have to understand that the Agent is called Money. Money is a strong Energy created by our masters to enslave us. The time to stand up against this Black Sticky Monster is now. It is ridiculous how the monetary supply is organized. There is an oligarchy which is looting humanity and we are looking while it is happening. We need to stand up and speak our truth. WAKE UP. It is time to take responsibility for our lives. What do we want? I leave it here and repeat ALL IS LOVE, THERE IS NOTHING WHICH IS NOT LOVE.
Om Namo Narayana – Salemalekum, Om Shanti, Shanti Om

Billy
21st September 2011, 19:41
If it is not broken Kathymarie, There is no need to fix it. Just take time out, there is no need to leave

Bless you

Forevernyt
21st September 2011, 19:43
Hell, if everyone listened to all these stories and truths and ideas, then we wouldn't need forums like this. I gave up talking to anyone about this stuff a long time ago.

You fit in as much as you want to fit in. It seems like we all would love for you to stay and add your uniqueness to the group.

gandra99
21st September 2011, 19:59
CHEERS:fish2:

Andreash94
21st September 2011, 20:07
Actualy i would say like that . IF system and peaple say you have some problems acutallly them are your gifts . I get depressed too and I WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE THE SOLAR SISTEM not the forum ^_^ to go on a planet whit peace and love and prosperity .... but we can't weare here to try open the eyes of this beeings so caled ''humans'' (id say they are robots) and siriosly i dont care about what sociaty think about me -_o just kick them asses .

Peace and love ,:crazy:

Ernie Nemeth
21st September 2011, 20:31
KathyMarie,
I am going to promise you to read every one of your posts.
Starting now.
And before you decide anything could you do me the honor of being my friend?
Ernie

onawah
21st September 2011, 20:38
This forum morphs quite regularly.
People come and go and the whole paradigm of the forum is shifting continuously.
If you leave for awhile, when you come back it may be completely different!
I have been on PA for a long time, but I mostly come here for the information--to share and to receive.
It doesn't have to be any more personal than that if you choose, though it 's nice to make friends here too.
It can't take the place of having friends outside of cyberspace though, IMHO.
But I wouldn't want to miss out on the news (or share it) about what is really going on in the world, and this is a good place for that.

WhiteFeather
21st September 2011, 20:51
Good Luck On Your Journey Fellow Avalonian, Sorry You Are leaving This Great Family Of Ours. Always Remember To Have Love In Your Heart, Peace On Your Path, Light On Every Road You Travel, And A Mind As Open As The Universe, Infinitely. ~Whitefeather~ XXX000

Davy
21st September 2011, 20:59

Kathy YOU are a perfect fit, we are all learning from each other, Hugg!

Gone002
21st September 2011, 20:59

This is why you are a vaid and needed member here, take as long as you need but you will always be welcomed. Nothing in life that is easy is worth doing

randles
21st September 2011, 21:01
Note: The only time the word 'Normal' is good...is when a Doctor says it :)

Its the crazy that you should embrace :)

Martin
21st September 2011, 21:09
Take your time and give others the chance to do the same. I know that at first it feels like a hard thing to do, but it will sort itself out in due time. Be well.

Martin

shadowstalker
21st September 2011, 21:23
Nothing wrong in taking time to think things through

New Dawn
21st September 2011, 21:43

Your words suggest to me that you're perfect fit here!

Lord Sidious
21st September 2011, 21:49

Come on Kathy Marie, don't go back into nugget land.
This is YOUR journey, what they do is their journey.
Don't leave this place, trust me when I tell you this, you are lucky to be here.
I know, because I am.
I have learned a stack from people here and made some friends that I value highly.
I would suggest you learn to keep your journey separate from other peoples journey and not let theirs run yours off course.
But good luck to you, whatever you do.

Ammit
21st September 2011, 22:03
I do not want to say goodbye to you Kathymarie, I would rather ask you to stay. I left the first avalon long ago and regretted it, but I was lucky enough to have an invite so here I am.

Take time out and keep your membership going, it will give you more time to decide, but, if you do decide to leave then I wish you all the best of luck and my blessings to you.

spiritguide
21st September 2011, 22:40
Kathymarie, follow your heart and know that as long as Avalon exists we will be here.

Lettherebelight
21st September 2011, 22:44
Hi Kathymarie...we all have our ups and downs, busy times and other interests. WE all need breaks from time to time, this stuff is pretty intense!

I'm glad you feel free to do whatever your heart says, but please don't go for good...

...we haven't seen any of your quilts yet!! One of the most wonderful art-forms in human existence!

zebowho
21st September 2011, 22:56

You should stay! This place is part of your journey now and it cannot be undone. :) Whether or not we agree, believe or understand, there is one reason at each of our cores that brings us here and because of that we stand together.

..... Yours is the voice of reason and careful thinking and we need people like you so badly.....

I'll second that!

....Come on Kathy Marie, don't go back into nugget land.
This is YOUR journey, what they do is their journey....

Nugget land it is and may I be so bold to say, You are in step. Its the others that are out of step. Let them be so. They will come around, in their time and place and in a way they need to. If this is the reason to leave then again I say you should stay. If your intentions are to find new experiences then I'll personally wish you the best and suggest you leave the door here cracked a little, you never know, your online travels might find you back in the neighborhood some day!

-z

Pete
21st September 2011, 23:07
hey I dont fit anywhere, but I know that there is something very wrong and it needs to be stopped. we need you here.

Ontarioguy
22nd September 2011, 00:39
Hi Kathymarie, you are a wonderful friend to have made through this site! I do, however, respect any decision you decide upon. As can be clearly seen above, you are cared about by so many. Last year at around this time, there seemed to be an "influx" of new members joining this site. And then everyone seemed to jump the bandwagon over this "Charles" business....
People seemed to be flooding his profile with messages and sooo many questions. I do not know why to this day, however, I did not "resonate" with all the "Charles" stuff, and so I was uncertain if I agreed with the shall I call it "new flavour" of Avalon or where the site seemed to be heading etc. So I ended up leaving. Funny thing is, not two weeks later I found myself reading posts and keeping track of what was goin on without logging in. But in the new year of 2011 I decided to ask to have my account reactivated, and have been back since. I am enjoying the variety of posts these days once again. Search your heart dear sister, and be well always!!

sygh
22nd September 2011, 01:17
Just read your blog and its comments. i also feel somehow where am i. do i belong here? i like to break the ice and share a few thoughts:

Neo realized that he had to fight Smith. The Agent had no power over him! Now we as humanity have to understand that the Agent is called Money. Money is a strong Energy created by our masters to enslave us. The time to stand up against this Black Sticky Monster is now. It is ridiculous how the monetary supply is organized. There is an oligarchy which is looting humanity and we are looking while it is happening. We need to stand up and speak our truth. WAKE UP. It is time to take responsibility for our lives. What do we want? I leave it here and repeat ALL IS LOVE, THERE IS NOTHING WHICH IS NOT LOVE.
Om Namo Narayana – Salemalekum, Om Shanti, Shanti Om

well said. i know the switzerland was fairing well for a while. i don't profess to know what's going on in europe but if the dollar is worth more than the euro right now, i'd have to say, whew! "hold on to your hats everybody, it's gonna be a bumpy ride."
what would you propose we do? i'd like to hear it because i can see a real bad turn coming just around the corner.

any suggestions would help. what are you thinking should be done?

kathymarie? if you want to step away, i sure understand. I don't have anyone to talk to, in my home either.

jagman
22nd September 2011, 01:24
A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
John Steinbeck
`

THIRDEYE
22nd September 2011, 01:31
kathymarie....i have some of the same issues that you share....chip and chip away....im in a similar situation with family and some close friends...i dont know at this time weather it be abberation on there part or perhaps im just powerless over people close to me....i tend and have always taken the road less traveled....and this road of light can be quite difficult at times...i mean i have many of times wanted to throw the towel in and just forget it all....however what ive learned over the years once your plugged into the light you have to keep feeding it....for me at times its a chore and at other times its a saving gift from the prime creater....with the new energies we are being bombarded with it takes some personnal integrety to walk the walk.....and deal with the new paradigms....light and love is the road less traveled to me,i dont meet alot of poeple where i live that are plugged into the light....mainly because its the bible belt....on occasion when i do open my energy field poeple complete strangers are receptive to it...send your vibrations out and dont haste....because we all come here for our particular reasons...unconditional love is the answer to my prayers and everybody i come in contact with i treat them with unconditional love....just some food for thought...good luck on your roads to travel....light love and abundance....thirdeye...

Taurean
22nd September 2011, 01:32
Elite groups are often referred to as a bunch of misfits who happen to fit together.

Charlie Pecos
22nd September 2011, 01:53
Hi KathyMarie,

I don't fit here either. In fact, in a room with just you and I, I would be the misfit. But here's the thing- They haven't kicked me out yet! So what the heck, write what you want to write, read what you want to read, and if you need to step away and catch your sanity, just do it. But please do come back- Avalon needs good people like you. :)

Asyloth
22nd September 2011, 02:10
I think I totally understand how you're feeling right now KathyMarie. Most of my surroundings, like yours, doesn't understand my "truth seeking quest", they also have a lot of trouble with the conspiracy stuff, the "nature of reality" stuff and all the rest of it.
From times to times, I also feel a little depressed and a little overwhelmed by all this information and how I have to carry it on my own, sometimes you feel like you're wearing the world on your shoulders, and sometimes it's a little heavy. But I think it's important to be able to get over it, you then feel proud of how strong you are.

I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to awake people around me, I didn't succeeded, but at least I succeeded in opening their minds, today they are a lot more open minded than they were before, they also question a lot more what they're told on TV and so on, so it is a victory after all. Whatever happens, we need to keep courage through these hard times.

One of the things that the Avalon forum is helping me with, is making me feel like I'm not alone in all this, and I hope it can make the same effect on you.

Never Surrender ;)
With all my affection.

Limor Wolf
22nd September 2011, 02:18
~Charlie,This is such an inner feeling,how come you think you do not fit here? might it be that you walk with such an inner feeling inside and project it to the out? I know because I feel the same :-)

Please know that you are a valuable and loved member of Avalon,and you gave here one good advice to KM!

Maybe its about time that we give up this projection ...

KathyMarie,I hope you will listen to what Everyone says right above and Hopefully you will decide that Here is a safe heaven for you.people here care,and know what you are going through.

Sidney
22nd September 2011, 02:18
Hi Kathy, I said goodbye once too. Two weeks later I was back. LOL Sometimes we just need a break. If you dont come back, good luck and blessings. If you do, well, we will see you later.:couch2:

Decibellistics
22nd September 2011, 02:23
Don't ever second guess a gut feeling.

Calz
22nd September 2011, 02:28
It's very hard, as many of you well know, to feel as if you are out of step with those around you. My immediate circle of friends and family think my ideas about the truth of reality are 'crazy'. They don't believe in conspiracies and only see God, government and church as pillars of truth and the cornerstones of civilization.

Everyone has to call their own shots.

Sounds to me that the situation you mention is more of a reason to stay rather than leave???

Hope you stay.

:grouphug:

Rocky1
22nd September 2011, 02:36
Dear kathymarie-

While I'm new to Avalon and only a provisional member I saw that 48 people before me thanked you for your post about leaving Avalon. I took this to mean that there are a lot of people who care about you and your beliefs. I have not been here long enough to know your ideas, but 48 others seem to feel that you have not been "wasting your time". Your beliefs are personal to you and you should not make changes to your beliefs merely because others do not share them. If you change your beliefs based on the criticisms of others then they were not that strong to begin with.

Be proud of your ideas and beliefs. Many others at Avalon seem to believe in you. Even if you take a break from posting,you should not leave the forum. Don;t worry that you cannot change others' beliefs and ideas. You never know when something will occur in their lives to make them realize that perhaps you were right all along. If you give up, then the lesson to others is that it is ok if they do as well.

Don't quit. Just lay low until you are ready to contribute again. Don't give up the enthusiasm that brought you to Avalon in the first place. If 48 others "learned" from you, then I don't want to be the first to miss out on what you have tried to instill into others. Most importantly, don' let the people who do not share your views shape them for you.

Sesan
22nd September 2011, 03:00
Just look after you and don't forget there are plenty of great people here who support your decision.
Stay safe always!
Sesan

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:29
Hi, Norman....there was no formality intended. I'm just old enough to think it's in poor taste to leave a group of friends without saying goodbye first. Perhaps I should have just sent a bunch of pm's but I didn't and it's done now. No ulterior motives....no need for sympathetic shoulders....I'm a lady. Your comment about changing the locks made me smile...so thank you for that.

Your formality of either being here or not being here intrigues me a little.

My own relationship with this forum is more casual. I often wander off when I'm bored or upset. I don't slam the door behind me and I know I can return when I want.

Now, if someone changed the locks while I was out, that would be another matter.

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:45
:p Ta-ta....cheerio .

CHEERS:fish2:

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:47
Thank you for your friend request....and no....you don't have to make such a promise. Love your avatar....I think I'll use it in a quilt. ;)
KathyMarie,
I am going to promise you to read every one of your posts.
Starting now.
And before you decide anything could you do me the honor of being my friend?
Ernie

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:49
Once again I'm asking...what's with the nuggets? Thank you for taking time to comment, LS....and not bad advice, either.

Come on Kathy Marie, don't go back into nugget land.
This is YOUR journey, what they do is their journey.
Don't leave this place, trust me when I tell you this, you are lucky to be here.
I know, because I am.
I have learned a stack from people here and made some friends that I value highly.
I would suggest you learn to keep your journey separate from other peoples journey and not let theirs run yours off course.
But good luck to you, whatever you do.

Tony
22nd September 2011, 19:54
Well, where in the world are you going to get soooo much love!

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:56
Thank you, your comment made me smile as well. Quilting...fiber art... is one of my joys in life. I used to have another, professional life. I have several degrees, taught both math and music, was accepted to law school (but couldn't make the move), worked as a paralegal, went back for another degree in business and worked as an tax accountant for several years, finally ending up as Director of a nonprofit organization. But it's quilting I love...yes...a wonderful art form. I'll post some photos in a couple of weeks. I'm curious by nature and always wonder what my fellow Avalonians "do" for fun and work.
Hi Kathymarie...we all have our ups and downs, busy times and other interests. WE all need breaks from time to time, this stuff is pretty intense!

I'm glad you feel free to do whatever your heart says, but please don't go for good...

...we haven't seen any of your quilts yet!! One of the most wonderful art-forms in human existence!

kathymarie
22nd September 2011, 19:59
I won't...the biggest mistakes I've ever made were when I didn't listen to that initial feeling. Of course, life lessons were learned when I didn't follow my gut....but they were hard lessons. Thank you for this.
Don't ever second guess a gut feeling.

Tarka the Duck
22nd September 2011, 20:08
I'll post some photos in a couple of weeks. I'm curious by nature and always wonder what my fellow Avalonians "do" for fun and work![/QUOTE]

Aha! Sounds like you may be wavering...:victory::victory::victory::whoo: !!! That is 2 things you have to do before you go - post photos of your work AND start a thread about what we all do for fun and work!!

TWINCANS
22nd September 2011, 20:15
Think of all the quilting patterns just waiting to be created as you and other Avalonians weave your truths together.