PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ask Don't Tell???

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 04:23
Hello! How is everyone? Good I hope.

Just wanted to get some insight on something I've been debating with myself a lot lately.

I would assume that most of the members here have been "awakened" to the ways in which the world truely opporates to some extent. And if your like me then you still have family and friends who are still "sleeping" for lack of a better word.

I was about 19 when i was shook out of my slumber and dream world to some harsh realities, but also some beautiful truths. (for me it was "The Biggest Secret" by David Icke that woke me up). I've never been the same ever since. So when i did start becoming aware of certain things i would always try to tell my friends and family about it. However, over the past 5 years, I have pretty much stopped talking about the majority of these things to people. (except a very small handfull of people). I did this for two primary reasons. 1st, it seems as tho the deeper you go down the "rabbit hole" the "crazier" things get. Also, you become more and more distant from the majority of people, and it's harder to communicate. 2nd, and more important i think, is the fact that in my experience, starting people on the path down the "rabbit hole" can really ruin peoples lives.

So now I have adopted a "don't ask don't tell" mentality. Meaning that I will not tell anyone anything that is potentially "earth shattering" unless I am asked. Even tho it kills me to bite my tounge sometimes.

I just wanted to get other peoples feedback on the issue. Do you think my view on this is wize? Or do you think you should never bite your tounge and speak your truth no matter what the consequences might be for whoever you are speaking to?

Ria
22nd September 2011, 04:47
Same here, you have to cherry pick what you can say, all so you can tell them something, as a piece of information not that you agree with it. I call it sowing seeds.
When I first read D I book I felt sick for three weeks. You were much younger than me, consider your hand held by me and I admire your strength.

HURRITT ENYETO
22nd September 2011, 05:19
There is an old Buddhist teaching that goes something like this:

What makes you think that you have the right to tell somebody your truths?
What makes you think that they are at the appropriate point on THEIR journey to hear the truth?
Not only do you not have the right to tell somebody a truth they may not be ready to hear, you could actually be damaging yourself by doing so!!

You see not everybody is on the same journey on Earth, it is their journey and only theirs.
They may not be here for truths who knows.

I used to try and tell everybody the things i had discovered and believe me i know how frustrating it is when they think your crazy etc (my mum once asked me if i had joined a cult, bless her) :)
Anyway, the philosophy above makes a lot of sense to me.
Just throwin it out there.

Hurritt

etheric underground
22nd September 2011, 05:25
Im a stubborn warrior indigo that will pave the way if people like it or not.
Like both of you I have been villified, shunned and accused of being mentally unstable.
And through my experiences I have grown and awakened to the realisation that I am
Who I am. I awakened when I was 15 doing clairvoyancy and tarots in the top of Mum
and dads garage....When i was told that someone I knew would die I battled with
my belief system...I reshuffled the cards 3 times and got exactly the same turn up of
cards 3 times ( dont know what likelyhood of this occurring is but im sure almost impossible)
1 week later friends rolled a car down a hill and a friend of my family passed over.
That was 17 years ago. Ive had my trials and tribulations and the one thing people are now
seeking from me is my truth...WHY?? because I have never waivered on what I know to be true.
Im a little smarter these days to relay the reptilian agenda... or the fact that im actually affiliated with andromedans
That I see dead people and I have more unique beings walking round my house that are etheric and not of substance.
You cant tell sheeples these things straight out.
But what you can do is chip away. Start with conspiracy theories closer to home aka 9/11 or London bombings
Once you can substantiate with research a bloody good debate .....throw it at the non believers.
Once you get them questioning why why why .....Youve gott em
You then move on to the touchier subjects like roswell, area 51, movies linked to truths like E.T or close encounters
of the third kind.
Sorry guys i could go on all day................

Tony
22nd September 2011, 08:50
This is an interesting topic.
I am surprised how much people DO know, but haven't joined up the dots.
I am also very arrogant, considering that if anyone comes near me,
then I am now part of their karma! So I share, just enough to sow seeds,
it may help them to join more dots up in the future.

There are so many bad viruses about, we need more good viruses.
We all work in different ways.

Tony

ViralSpiral
22nd September 2011, 08:57
Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing

I think many echo your thoughts 72mav27. I long ago gave up "preaching".
I do plant seeds though.... asking people to question for themselves.
What they then do with the information, is up to them.
Also, this dilemma goes along with: what is Truth?
What's true for you, may not be so for some-one else.

I think the a happy place would be where some-one respects your point of view, without judgement.

Tarka the Duck
22nd September 2011, 08:58

Tony

I am like you Mav...but I have lost count of the number of times I have had to sit, trying not to roll my eyes :rolleyes: and sigh loudly, cringeing inwardly as the above individual launches forth on some unsuspecting innocent, caught wide eyed in his headlights...

Each to his own :o

Kathie

christian
22nd September 2011, 09:08
I will not tell anyone anything that is potentially "earth shattering" unless I am asked.

I don't think it's necessary to be so rigid one way or the other.

It's not too hard to sense, whether sharing some information is appreciated or is not wanted in any given situation.

When it is appreciated, although it may not have been asked for explicitly, it can make a big difference and trigger something big time. When it's not appreciated, it's a waste of time and may even be contraproductive, making people who don't want to lectured on anything just harden up to protect their prejudices.

The One
22nd September 2011, 09:29
I just wanted to get other peoples feedback on the issue. Do you think my view on this is wize? Or do you think you should never bite your tounge and speak your truth no matter what the consequences might be for whoever you are speaking to?

I had the same problem with family and friends. I have decided if they want to wake up to different possibilities they will. The most important thing for me is i know what is.

The problem we have with society is that most people do not want top step out the box. They can’t awaken to other possibilities they like the bubble they are in. The unfortunate thing is the human race as been trained to believe what is and not what isnt.The masses do the same thing day in day out without change.

Each and every one of us is different and in my opinion the masses will wake up once the governments come clean about first contact and the entire planet is aware of this event. Until then my friend I will not go where the path may lead, I will go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

HURRITT ENYETO
22nd September 2011, 09:32
and the one thing people are now
seeking from me is my truth...WHY?? because I have never waivered on what I know to be true.

I can relate, believe me.
I just wanted to clarify that it is quite a different matter if people ASK you something. That would indicate to me that they are ready to hear whatever it is and nothing is then being foisted upon them.
And please don't apologise, passion in these things is good :)

Cheers friend,
Hurritt

ktlight
22nd September 2011, 09:35
So now I have adopted a "don't ask don't tell" mentality. Meaning that I will not tell anyone anything that is potentially "earth shattering" unless I am asked. Even tho it kills me to bite my tounge sometimes.

But how will anyone know to ask a question of you if they do not know what you know?

Tony
22nd September 2011, 09:48
I have exactly the same problem on this forum regarding spiritual matters, to say something or not.
For me to hold back is not compassionate, it will only interfere with the 'mystical' process.
We seem to be receivers and transmitters, ......love just takes over..!

Tony

Davidallany
22nd September 2011, 09:53
I can see very clearly that each person is responsible for the whole move. Each person must do something starting from the thought level, for the effects are felt as an after shock and as an energy flavor in the collective conscious" for the lack of a better term.
Secondly, talk is cheap, as some say, therefore action is required for effective energy soaking. An act of kindness, a smile, a helping hand, greeting someone, things that are nice. Of course on must be genuine when thinking, speaking, typing and writing, let alone doing. Therefor whatever one does it must be not attached to a personal end, even if that end is a noble one, things must be presented purely without any thought or expectation of a result when dealing with beings.

3zWh11S7E-I

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:01
Same here, you have to cherry pick what you can say, all so you can tell them something, as a piece of information not that you agree with it. I call it sowing seeds.
When I first read D I book I felt sick for three weeks. You were much younger than me, consider your hand held by me and I admire your strength.

Yea I think my cherry picker is about to break down from too much use. lol. But I do agree with that to a certain extent. Thanks always good to have a helping hand! Sometimes I actually get tired of having to be strong if that makes any sense

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:09
There is an old Buddhist teaching that goes something like this:

What makes you think that you have the right to tell somebody your truths?
What makes you think that they are at the appropriate point on THEIR journey to hear the truth?
Not only do you not have the right to tell somebody a truth they may not be ready to hear, you could actually be damaging yourself by doing so!!

You see not everybody is on the same journey on Earth, it is their journey and only theirs.
They may not be here for truths who knows.

I used to try and tell everybody the things i had discovered and believe me i know how frustrating it is when they think your crazy etc (my mum once asked me if i had joined a cult, bless her) :)
Anyway, the philosophy above makes a lot of sense to me.
Just throwin it out there.

Hurritt

Thats kinda the point of this thread. But it seems to me as tho this is the time where the planet as a whole is at a cross roads. It seems that if people don't start waking up to certain things then we are actually doing a disservice to the planet and the human race as a whole. I AM NOT SAYING THAT I HAVE ANY SORT OF ABSOLUTE TRUTH. I do however have knowledge on certain things that can help in raising the collective conciousness of the planet.

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:17
Im a stubborn warrior indigo that will pave the way if people like it or not.
Like both of you I have been villified, shunned and accused of being mentally unstable.
And through my experiences I have grown and awakened to the realisation that I am
Who I am. I awakened when I was 15 doing clairvoyancy and tarots in the top of Mum
and dads garage....When i was told that someone I knew would die I battled with
my belief system...I reshuffled the cards 3 times and got exactly the same turn up of
cards 3 times ( dont know what likelyhood of this occurring is but im sure almost impossible)
1 week later friends rolled a car down a hill and a friend of my family passed over.
That was 17 years ago. Ive had my trials and tribulations and the one thing people are now
Im a little smarter these days to relay the reptilian agenda... or the fact that im actually affiliated with andromedans
That I see dead people and I have more unique beings walking round my house that are etheric and not of substance.
You cant tell sheeples these things straight out.
But what you can do is chip away. Start with conspiracy theories closer to home aka 9/11 or London bombings
Once you can substantiate with research a bloody good debate .....throw it at the non believers.
Once you get them questioning why why why .....Youve gott em
You then move on to the touchier subjects like roswell, area 51, movies linked to truths like E.T or close encounters
of the third kind.

Those are some good ideas!

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:23

Tony

Yea i definitely think your right. I think that people know a lot but really just don't want to believe things could really be true. Also, people don't want to be knocked out of their comfort zone. But for me it's hard when your talking to people who are close to you like family and close friends. They usually already know your views on things for the most part. so when you start to try to plant those seeds it's easier for them to block you out.

I love your take on the good viruses!

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:27
Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing

I think many echo your thoughts 72mav27. I long ago gave up "preaching".
I do plant seeds though.... asking people to question for themselves.
What they then do with the information, is up to them.
Also, this dilemma goes along with: what is Truth?
What's true for you, may not be so for some-one else.

I think the a happy place would be where some-one respects your point of view, without judgement.

I agree with you. But I definitely think that some things are just True.

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:31

Tony

I am like you Mav...but I have lost count of the number of times I have had to sit, trying not to roll my eyes :rolleyes: and sigh loudly, cringeing inwardly as the above individual launches forth on some unsuspecting innocent, caught wide eyed in his headlights...

Each to his own :o

Kathie

Yea that usually happens to me when I'm talking to someone who is overly religious!

My apologies in advance to anyone who is very religious and takes offense to the above comment

ViralSpiral
22nd September 2011, 10:33

like?

:)

christian
22nd September 2011, 10:35
I think that people know a lot but really just don't want to believe things could really be true. Also, people don't want to be knocked out of their comfort zone. But for me it's hard when your talking to people who are close to you like family and close friends.

It's surely too much to expect them to agree with everything you say or do right away, but it would be appropriate for them to show respect and discernment.

Being physically close to someone does not necessarily mean being close to someone on a mind, spirit, emotional or even action-wise level, although we are all one of course, not everyone is aware of this.

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:38
I will not tell anyone anything that is potentially "earth shattering" unless I am asked.
It's not too hard to sense, whether sharing some information is appreciated or is not wanted in any given situation.

When it is appreciated, although it may not have been asked for explicitly, it can make a big difference and trigger something big time. When it's not appreciated, it's a waste of time and may even be contraproductive, making people who don't want to lectured on anything just harden up to protect their prejudices.

I understand your stance and i agree with you. But when your in a conversation with someone it's usually not that black and white. there is usually grey areas. especially when your talking to someone who you care about

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:43

I had the same problem with family and friends. I have decided if they want to wake up to different possibilities they will. The most important thing for me is i know what is.

The problem we have with society is that most people do not want top step out the box. They can’t awaken to other possibilities they like the bubble they are in. The unfortunate thing is the human race as been trained to believe what is and not what isnt.The masses do the same thing day in day out without change.

Each and every one of us is different and in my opinion the masses will wake up once the governments come clean about first contact and the entire planet is aware of this event. Until then my friend I will not go where the path may lead, I will go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Yea I think that disclosure will be a major step in the right direction.

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:47

But how will anyone know to ask a question of you if they do not know what you know?

I should have been clearer on that. I'm mainly talking about people who are close to me. That have seen me change right before their eyes over the past 10 years. So they pretty much know my general take on this reality

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 10:54
I have exactly the same problem on this forum regarding spiritual matters, to say something or not.
For me to hold back is not compassionate, it will only interfere with the 'mystical' process.
We seem to be receivers and transmitters, ......love just takes over..!

Tony

I feel the exact same way. And ever since I was a kid I always wanted to tell people anything that I learned. Or if i knew someone was lacking knowledge on something I always wanted to help them out. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY. Only thing that changed is the subject matter got a lot "heavier" and harder for most people to deal with. But like I said in the original post I have seen how telling someone something before they're ready can really send them on a downward spiral

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I can see very clearly that each person is responsible for the whole move. Each person must do something starting from the thought level, for the effects are felt as an after shock and as an energy flavor in the collective conscious" for the lack of a better term.
Secondly, talk is cheap, as some say, therefore action is required for effective energy soaking. An act of kindness, a smile, a helping hand, greeting someone, things that are nice. Of course on must be genuine when thinking, speaking, typing and writing, let alone doing. Therefor whatever one does it must be not attached to a personal end, even if that end is a noble one, things must be presented purely without any thought or expectation of a result when dealing with beings.

3zWh11S7E-I

That's some real S*it!!!

Samsara
22nd September 2011, 11:00
I believe that actions speaks louder than words. Most people are curious by nature and will come to you wanting to know why you are a certain way. This always open to dialogue and we then can share our truths.

:cool:

72MAV27
22nd September 2011, 11:01

like?

Well in my opinion it's true that Energy is never destroyed but just changes form

araucaria
22nd September 2011, 11:19

like?

Well in my opinion it's true that Energy is never destroyed but just changes form

That's a pretty smart answer after painting yourself into a corner!

Other people can be like wet paint - when they eventually dry out you can go there ;)

Meanwhile, you get on with something else: watching paint dry is the epitome of boredom they say...

aranuk
22nd September 2011, 11:20
Many years ago I once gave an apprentice of mine a lecture on "life". I remember well the disinterest on his face, which didn't stop me. I was glorying in my ego as a wise man. Half an hour later while driving in centre of city my vans engine seized up and came to a halt. As I was waiting for the garage tow truck to arrive the thought occurred to me that I was given a good doze of INSTANT KARMA. Also, don't throw pearls to swine. From then on I was more cautious about giving people truths when they didn't ask for any.

Stan

christian
22nd September 2011, 11:26

I understand your stance and i agree with you. But when your in a conversation with someone it's usually not that black and white. there is usually grey areas. especially when your talking to someone who you care about

By grey areas, you mean that it's not just either talk all the time or stay quiet all the time? That everyone has a limit to the amount of information, that can be taken? Surely. That's got to be sensed and respected, whether with a family member or with a stranger. When it's someone who is close, sometimes emotions kick in and blur one's sight and prevent one from seeing what is appropriate to help the person. Caring does not mean depriving another grown-up of his right of decision, although this might be hard to cope with sometimes.

So just having gained knowledge is not the end of the line, knowing how to use it wisely is the next challenge. It needs more than just bullhorning what one has learned 24/7.

Don Juan Matus' perspective was, that a man has 4 enemies, to be overcome one after the other:

fear
clarity
power

When one is not willing to face certain things, this is fear. Once this is overcome, you gain clarity, which in itself is an obstacle, because the eye can see far, but the reach of your hands is still limited. Once you can effectively deal with this dilemma, you gain true power, which can corrupt you. If it doesn't there's only age and death, I will not expand on Don Juan's take on how to retain consciousness eventually, that leads pretty far off-topic.

Mulder
22nd September 2011, 11:30
I've found my family will NEVER respond to what I say - no matter what it is. So I have to live "in their world" & not try to share anything with them - even obvious things like Obama promising to end all wars when he was elected in 2008. I just forget about these things around my family & hope god will find some other way to wake them up.

<8>
22nd September 2011, 11:51

I agree 100% Ktlight...

If you want to plant seeds, (make a difference in this world) it doesn't matter if it's your loved ones or a stranger.
I have done a conscious choice to plant seeds, that does not mean i shouting at them and forcing this on them to think.
No i plant my seeds in normal discussions, i drop a seed here and there and if it grab a hold and starts to grow. (job well done)
If nothing happends, it was not meant to grow. (still job well done)

Lord Sidious
22nd September 2011, 12:01
What I have been doing for years, without realising it has a name, is the Socratic Method.
Instead of telling anyone anything, I usually ask them a question instead, one that will lead them in the direction I want.

araucaria
22nd September 2011, 12:32
What I have been doing for years, without realising it has a name, is the Socratic Method.
Instead of telling anyone anything, I usually ask them a question instead, one that will lead them in the direction I want.

I'm not too keen on the 'direction I want' bit.

How's about the closely related 'maieutic' method - Socrates as midwife. It's only a tiny nuance.

Lord Sidious
22nd September 2011, 12:37

How's about the closely related 'maieutic' method - Socrates as midwife. It's only a tiny nuance.

I can only take them down the route of info that I believe in, no?
Hence, where I want and not where they want.

araucaria
22nd September 2011, 12:56

I can only take them down the route of info that I believe in, no?
Hence, where I want and not where they want.

The midwife shows the way out, which is first and foremost where the baby wants to be, no?

toothpick
22nd September 2011, 14:06
I have had all the bad experiences like everyone else, the stares and glares, and then there,s those rollng eyes when you ask someone a question.
Well, i guess I,ve changed because i used to be careful who i talked to or at least be gentle if i did broach the subject.
Not anymore, man, I,ve had it with these sleep walkers.
These people need to be woke up to the reality that we live in, no more gentleness, understanding, sympathy, empathy, sure, but, no more gentleness, slap them awake.
Be sure you know all your arguements really well and then start slaping.
When i walk into a room now i will simple say "excuse me is everyone here awake and aware, you,d be surprized at all the different answers you get.
Some people pretend to know what you are taking about, some get up and leave the room, some huddle in groups and avoid you, some would completely ignore you like you didn,t exist.
All that is ok, the insults, the put downs, the ridicule, that means nothing to me.
Our brothers and sisters need to be woke up, they need to be woke up now, there is no more time to be gentle.
It sure does stir a room up, sometmes like a hornets nest, but, thats ok, if, just one person asks a queston and opens their mind just a crack, letting that ancient knowledge seep in there, it,s all worth it.
My son Billy had a barbeque a couple of months ago and we were lucky enough to get an invite.
Of course when i got there i say "hello everyone are we all awake and aware here, yes, no"?
Well, i was escorted by all my sons buddy,s into the garage where i was presented with a tin foil hat with two antena,s with tin foil balls on top.
Everyone there had a good laugh on the old man.
For me it was one of the best things my son ever gave me, for real.
Any way i guess they figured they got the better of me and i would just leave the subject alone.
Billy said, we got you this time dad, I adjusted my attena a little bit and said, keep it down i,m receiving a message here.
Wore that tin foil hat for the whole barbeque, people comin up to me and asking about the hat, what a great conversation piece.
It backfired on billy that day, but he was a good sport about it and was laughing, with everyone about my hat, maybe he is wakng up a little, halleluyah.
Anyway we need to wake these people up now as opposed to later, imho.

toothpick

Lord Sidious
22nd September 2011, 14:16
Don't hold back there Toothpick, tell us how you really feel. :p

toothpick
22nd September 2011, 14:39
Be careful what you ask for lord sidious. lol

toothpick

Mad Hatter
22nd September 2011, 16:19
For me the trouble with playing among the coppertops is avoiding the urge to short them out thus making the mistake of wasting all that potential energy.

Adaptability is the key, so any of the above approaches is viable if selected to suit the circumstances.

christian
22nd September 2011, 16:59
i was presented with a tin foil hat with two antena,s with tin foil balls on top.
Everyone there had a good laugh on the old man.
For me it was one of the best things my son ever gave me, for real.

Are you serious? Now you got me curious. Where do you see the benefits of a tin-foil hat besides from being a good instrument in getting people curious about why you wear it?

Tony
22nd September 2011, 17:27
Many years ago I once gave an apprentice of mine a lecture on "life". I remember well the disinterest on his face, which didn't stop me. I was glorying in my ego as a wise man. Half an hour later while driving in centre of city my vans engine seized up and came to a halt. As I was waiting for the garage tow truck to arrive the thought occurred to me that I was given a good doze of INSTANT KARMA. Also, don't throw pearls to swine. From then on I was more cautious about giving people truths when they didn't ask for any.

Stan

Hello Stan,
You have a point. However, most people walk around in a very small world and do not know that there is anything larger, so they have no questions, and go from one engine failure to another. We all need a helping hand. You will not ask for help if you do not what is possible. Karma is not punishment. One can hold out a helping hand, if it then is not accepted, that is then choice. As you say, we have to follow our spirit without hesitation,

But you are very right in saying, pearl before swine, and that is so sad...

Tony