PDA

View Full Version : Seeing The Past

dave costello
22nd September 2011, 14:29
Arthur Guirdham is an English psychiarist, For over forty years he was afflicted by a recurring nightmare in which a tall man approached him. Then 0ne day in 1962 a woman patient came to see him and described a nightmare similar to his own. Dr Guirdham did not tell her of his own dream;but oddly it never ercurred after that. As the woman whom he calls Mrs Smith continued treatment she revealed strange facts about her life;her ability to predict the future and her detailed dreams of life in the southern part of France during the Middle Ages as a member of a heretical sect called the Cathars. She did not at first tell the doctor that she immediately recognized him as her lover,Roger de Grisolles,in those dreams. It is not unusual for a psychiatric patient to have sexual fantasies about the doctor. But Mrs Smiths recollections of medieval France,of the persecutions suffered by her co-religionists,and of herself being burned at the stake were extraordinarily detailed. Guirdham had details from them checked by medieval historians,and the mosy obscure of them were corrobrated. Her memories struck a chord in the doctors own psyche,and he is now convinced that he too lived at Cathar in France/:cool:

Camilo
22nd September 2011, 14:32
For all intents and purposes, the past is always better left where it belongs, in the "past"!

jen
22nd September 2011, 14:39
neat stuff!

dave costello
22nd September 2011, 20:05
:cool:
neat stuff!

thanks for your reply

Lord Sidious
22nd September 2011, 20:11
Cathars you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YhtQRf5Go

Mark
22nd September 2011, 20:13
For all intents and purposes, the past is always better left where it belongs, in the "past"!

LOL I think that's why we generally don't remember our past lives, because if we had to walk around all day long with memories of what happened to us in 5000 lives, we wouldn't have the consciousness left to even walk straight without tripping over our own feet. :)

Besides, the karmic impressions remain with us as do the lessons that we failed as well as those we passed, so the "echo" of past lives affects our present-day lives without the distraction of the actual memories. The real necessity of all of this is up for debate (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30980-Karma-another-version-of-Hell-Dogma), but we might as well go with it, since we're here, or until we can escape the zoo.

:peep:

Seikou-Kishi
22nd September 2011, 20:30
Wow that's incredibly interesting, Dave. It raises so many questions.

shadowstalker
22nd September 2011, 20:46
The past sneaks up on us for a reason, to understand what is needed to deal with in the potential future or for the present, it is a trigger to help one heal/grow.

One of my past life encounters reminded me of the type of person I was and capable of being, that I had completely forgotten about thanks to the MIB event in my life as a child.

If it where not for that encounter i would not be teaching my truth and helping others the way i do.
And lord knows I would not be on a site like this, so I am grateful for my past spiritual encounters.

Everything happens for a reason and should not be sluft or tossed under the rug, one may miss valuable spiritual insight/growth if one does this..

Seikou-Kishi
22nd September 2011, 20:58
For all we know, the people in this story plotted this in order to wake one (or more) of them up. We've all read stories about psychiatrists setting out to debunk something only to become so convinced that there's no legitimate and honest way of debunking something because all their experience has proven it to be true.

etheric underground
23rd September 2011, 02:42
Ive heard of a Woman from ireland who had vivid recollection of her past,
so much so that she researched it and found where she lived in her past life.
Whats awesome is that her chidren from her past life still lived there....
So she met her past family in her present reincarnted life. Pretty cool eh??

Seikou-Kishi
23rd September 2011, 05:17

I'm next to certain that's the same case Enya based her song "Evening Falls" on. It's a haunting song and I highly recommend it :D

dave costello
23rd September 2011, 15:38
Thank you Lord Sidious for your reply any information you might have of a heretical sect called theCathars greatly appreciated excellent video once again thanks

winston smith1971
23rd September 2011, 15:44
I once saw a documentary i think from the bbc, a child of about six kept having vivid past life memories of when he was a man who was shot to death and how upset his wife had been.He even remembered the village he had lived, eventually his parents sick with worry took him to the village where he met a lady after asking around.Her husband had been murdered by a moneylender, he had been shoot several times and died as a result.The child new details of their life that only she and her husband could know. If i can track it down i will post it here. Good thread DC. cheers Winnie

Lord Sidious
23rd September 2011, 15:51
Thank you Lord Sidious for your reply any information you might have of a heretical sect called theCathars greatly appreciated excellent video once again thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism
http://www.cathar.info/
http://www.ancientquest.com/embark/cathars.html
http://www.mysticmissal.org/cathars.htm
http://www.russianbooks.org/montsegur.htm

Hows that for starters, nugget?

aranuk
23rd September 2011, 16:23

This reminds me not of a past life of mine, but there was a documentary on BBC I think, about a 6 year old boy in India who from an early age kept telling his parents that he had a wfe and two sons in a town about 60 miles away. He told his parents that he owned a small tv repair shop and that he was murdered (shot) at his front gate of his house. He pleaded with his parents to take him to the other town and they did. The BBC camera team followed the story real time. When they arrived in the town he pointed out his tv shop on the main street. They were directed to his old house where his widow lived still. His two sons were now young men. Can you imagine the scene? The little 6 year old boy trying to console his wife. He told the boys names correctly and his wife's name. His account of his murder was verified by the widow. He was much younger than his sons. It was quite interesting and incredibubble to say the least. It was calculated that he could only have died and a month later was re-incarnated again.
At that time maybe 20 years ago I was under the impression that according to Rudolf Steiner we are at least in the other realm for at least a hundred years unless there is a very good case to be born sooner. According to what Steiner said this wouldn't have been the case here. I had to adjust my belief system and reckoned there was a speeding up of things to do with re-incarnation.

Stan

aranuk
23rd September 2011, 16:26
I once saw a documentary i think from the bbc, a child of about six kept having vivid past life memories of when he was a man who was shot to death and how upset his wife had been.He even remembered the village he had lived, eventually his parents sick with worry took him to the village where he met a lady after asking around.Her husband had been murdered by a moneylender, he had been shoot several times and died as a result.The child new details of their life that only she and her husband could know. If i can track it down i will post it here. Good thread DC. cheers Winnie

You beat me to it!! At least we agree on the story.

Stan