PDA

View Full Version : Cry of the Snow Lion

The One
23rd September 2011, 10:59
Ten years in the making, this award-winning feature-length documentary was filmed during nine journeys throughout Tibet, India and Nepal. Cry of the Snow Lion brings audiences to the long-forbidden rooftop of the world with an unprecedented richness of imagery… from rarely-seen rituals in remote monasteries, to horse races with Khamba warriors; from brothels and slums in the holy city of Lhasa, to magnificent Himalayan peaks still traveled by nomadic yak caravans.

The dark secrets of Tibet’s recent past are powerfully chronicled through personal stories and interviews, and a collection of undercover and archival images never before assembled in one film. A definitive exploration of a legendary subject, Cry of the Snow Lion is an epic story of courage and compassion.

Tibetans have a tremendous body of spiritual knowledge, a spiritual technology if you will, that is an immense gift to human learning. They have preserved in their monastic universities a vast corpus of learning and understanding about the nature of consciousness, the structure of the human mind, that western science is just beginning to comprehend

For those who have not seen this enjoy

modwiz
28th September 2011, 06:06
Ten years in the making, this award-winning feature-length documentary was filmed during nine journeys throughout Tibet, India and Nepal. Cry of the Snow Lion brings audiences to the long-forbidden rooftop of the world with an unprecedented richness of imagery… from rarely-seen rituals in remote monasteries, to horse races with Khamba warriors; from brothels and slums in the holy city of Lhasa, to magnificent Himalayan peaks still traveled by nomadic yak caravans.

The dark secrets of Tibet’s recent past are powerfully chronicled through personal stories and interviews, and a collection of undercover and archival images never before assembled in one film. A definitive exploration of a legendary subject, Cry of the Snow Lion is an epic story of courage and compassion.

Tibetans have a tremendous body of spiritual knowledge, a spiritual technology if you will, that is an immense gift to human learning. They have preserved in their monastic universities a vast corpus of learning and understanding about the nature of consciousness, the structure of the human mind, that western science is just beginning to comprehend

For those who have not seen this enjoy

I really wanted to watch this but the scenes of the Chinese Army murdering people made me stop watching immediately and write this post. Is there a safe part of this documentary where I can take in the information without horrific images being put into my vision? My sense is that there is much of interest here. I am not willing to undergo shocking images to get it though.

The One
28th September 2011, 06:35
My friend you will need to fast forward past the 45 mins mark

Its a very powerful documentary and in many scenes it wont be to peoples liking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

modwiz
28th September 2011, 06:38
My friend you will need to fast forward past the 45 mins mark

Its a very powerful documentary and in many scenes it wont be to peoples liking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I appreciate you doing this for me. I will now treat myself to this documentary. Thank you for posting it.

UPDATE:

I was still unable to watch this for long. I wanted to learn more about Tibetan culture and ideas but this film seemed to want to focus on the culture of the Chinese and their cruelty toward the Tibetans.

I do not watch or read any stories about murder and mayhem in our own society. I do see headlines and that is enough for me. Even reading history, if an author falls into a place of describing atrocities I look ahead to a safe spot. I do not eat $h!t in my food diet and I do not allow the equivalent into my psyche either. $h!t is $h!t and I do not ingest it.

I am appreciative of The One posting this anyway. He did not film it and many are not as sensitive as me.

I do caution sensitive spirits, as The One has done, that there may be gentler ways to learn about Tibetan culture than this film.