PDA

View Full Version : The Monster behind the mask..

<8>
23rd September 2011, 19:00
Hi guys...

This might not necessary feel right for everyone, but if you feel you can contribute, byallmeans tell us all what's on your mind..

We are all capable to do horrible things in extreme situations, this is not the subject i am thinking about.
I am talking about the evil thatīs just belove the surface, and you just know deep down what you are capable of.

One could suggest many people are calling this people "survivors", this are people who many can look up to, after a terrible accident.
But for exampel big boat accidents are not all "Titanic" like, with gentlemens who make sure women and children are put in safty first.
Like the Hollywood paints in there silly movies.

No if i look at the Estonia accident in the baltic sea 1994, claimed 852 lives of 950. And if you listen to the few stories of survivors
who had to make there way up and out from the boat. You get a picture of steping on children to make your way out from there, and if you
for one sec lose your eye on the price, there are a real survivor steping on you. "This is the survivor i am taliking about"

Of course there are a few % who happend to be in a better place and they dont have to go through this, and a few of them might survive on the raft to.
I suggest there are survivors and there are SURVIVORS.

May i suggest itīs the psychopathic side who are close under the surface,it's the calculated side who makes deadly plans in your head
even when you are out grocery shopping, crossing a bridge, at the pub having fun.
One might think this are sick people, i say NO, they laugh and cry and have deep feelings like most of us have.

I understand people might think, we all get mad and upset for small things, some got longer fuse and don't get angry for small things.
And some get upset and even like to smack the idiot in the counter for whatever reason.
This is not what i am talking about..

I am talking about, witout geting upset, you emidlety know what to do in different situations. And though the plan requires you hurt or kill people,
this are not troubling you, its normal for you, "no big deal".

Do you think this is possible..OR even normal..??

Fred Steeves
23rd September 2011, 19:12
Sorry <8>, I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here to respond to, can you please try and clarify?

Forevernyt
23rd September 2011, 19:16
I think what is trying to be said, do you believe there are people out there, that would do whatever is necessary to survive. Are there people in the world who have no qualms whatsoever on killing a child, drowning their mother, etc. in order that they survive and flourish. They feel no emotions in their actions.

I say, yes, they are called psychopaths.

<8>
23rd September 2011, 19:24
Sorry <8>, I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here to respond to, can you please try and clarify?

One might think this are sick people, i say NO, they laugh and cry and have deep feelings like most of us have
Well Fred.. its like Forevernyt say.. "But" they are not psychopaths. As i tryied to explained above...:)

psychopaths lack this empathic emotions..

christian
23rd September 2011, 19:33
In the Estonia event it would hardly help one to be wise or compassionate, when it comes to surviving physically, if one is a weak child or a frail old man. When people are in a situation where it's sure, that a certain percentage of people will die in this event, the strongest people or those with guns make the rules. That rule can be "we fight for the price". Given that I am strong enough to have a say, I might be inclined to save children, women or whomever, so I would have to take on the other's with a say and throw them off the rescue boats, thereby jeopardizing my own position, for I would certainly face enormous opposition amongst those, who were strong enough to get one of those safe places. Even if I would announce, that I don't want a place for myself in a boat and even if I would mean it, when I say "we gotta save children first" - in such a situation humans have probably not yet the maturity to act this out decently.

One has got to be wise and smart in a situation like this, realize the probabilities and potentials in an instant to see what's appropriate and act accordingly valiantly, I guess that's what you consider makes a true survivor.

One just cannot save everyone everytime, sometimes it gets dirty and all one can do is make the best out of the situation. Realizing this and going for it is more worthwile than giving up on it all or becoming desperate when faced with a grim reality.

<8>
23rd September 2011, 19:41
In the Estonia event it would hardly help one to be wise or compassionate, when it comes to surviving physically, if one is a weak child or a frail old man. When people are in a situation where it's sure, that a certain percentage of people will die in this event, the strongest people or those with guns make the rules. That rule can be "we fight for the price". Given that I am strong enough to have a say, I might be inclined to save children, women or whomever, so I would have to take on the other's with a say and throw them off the rescue boats, thereby jeopardizing my own position, for I would certainly face enormous opposition amongst those, who were strong enough to get one of those safe places. Even if I would announce, that I don't want a place for myself in a boat and even if I would mean it, when I say "we gotta save children first" - in such a situation humans have probably not yet the maturity to act this out decently.

One has got to be wise and smart in a situation like this, realize the probabilities and potentials in an instant to see what's appropriate and act accordingly valiantly, I guess that's what you consider makes a true survivor.

One just cannot save everyone everytime, sometimes it gets dirty and all one can do is make the best out of the situation. Realizing this and going for it is more worthwile than giving up on it all or becoming desperate when faced with a grim reality.

very well said Chiquetet..

Thanks...:)

Forevernyt
23rd September 2011, 19:42
I would say, if put in that kind of situation and actually surviving, I would have to dedicate my life to some great cause as to not waste that opportunity or diminish the lives that were lost so I might survive.