PDA

View Full Version : An Immortal called John

Bright Garlick
24th September 2011, 12:36
Much to my dismay I'm lurking around here a little bit - after leaving several times. I'm back again to sate some curiosity that has re-awoken this last week about a so called immortal that I learned about in 1994.

Here's the story. Someone I am very close to, told me in 1994 how they met on several occasions with a man who claimed to have been more than 2,000 years old. They met with this man in several countries, at the request of someone who knew him. My friend said that he was a very humble gentle man and the story that he told was that he was the man who speared Christ and for that he was condemned to walk the Earth in penance. He said that he wrote the entire Bible (including excised books such as the Apocrypha) to demonstrate the diversity of human nature and how humanity could understand the link between man and god. (Of course such an idea flies in the face of Biblical Scholars who identify anywhere from 11-60 + authors across thousands of years - from the time of Moses). He wove history with story and metaphor. That man was the disciple John ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Evangelist ).

My friend said that she believed that John was born around the time of Jesus but she could not rule out that he was born long before this and that he may have fallen into friendship with Jesus - in who he found a strong spiritual kin.

My friend said that he was able to demonstrate many strange things at her request - including the ability to stop his heart for long periods of time and that he had well developed telepathic/empathic skills. Apparently John also identified that a Cross of the Holy See that she owned contained several artifacts from the time of Christ - including a fragment of the original text and a splinter from the Cross. Said Cross had been examined at Caltec in the 1980's and was found to contain several unusual small objects but my friend did not want the cross opened.

My friend said that she did not doubt John, (who was called something else) and felt that he was the most compassionate man she had ever met.

A few years ago I heard an interview by Benjamin Grundy (Mysterious Universe) with Ben Abba - a man who claimed to have found an immortal, who said that he had once been a disciple of Jesus (http://secrets-of-an-immortal.com/ ). I asked my friend if it was possible that this was the same person and she said that she thought it was unlikely. I once mentioned it to Stephan Schwartz, who felt that Ben Abba's claims were unlikely. My friend never said that it wasn't him but that it was 'unlikely but possible'. For the man that Ben speaks about is 800 years older than John claims to be. I often wondered if this is the same man. The connections in Ben Abba's story are very similar.

I have heard/seen evidence of 3 other so called immortals - including a woman who is 13,000 years old, a man who is 7,000 years old and a woman is 3,000 years old (and connected to another topic I once spoke about here). Of course none of these humans are entirely what they appear to be. I know that one is part alien. Of the others who knows ? But one thing is certain - non of them are truly immortal but who knows how long they might live and why ?

If such humans exist - imagine what they have learned and how they have come to recognize the patterns of world events. What would they see unfolding now ?

My friend spoke of other things but for now that is enough.

Has anybody ever heard of this story or found evidence supporting it or the claims of an Immortal called John ?

Have a lovely September,

Bright.

Lord Sidious
24th September 2011, 12:48
Never heard of it before, but sounds interesting.
Thanks for that nugget.

Rocky1
24th September 2011, 13:20
I've heard such stories, although I've not seen anything written about them. I have no reason to doubt their existence. Part of me believes that we are not the only beings in the universe, and our experience of "time" might not be the same as theirs ("time is relative"). Another part of me is spiritual. If Jesus was the "firstborn of creation"; and if Jonh was "Elijah who has returned"; and during the transfiguration of Jesus in Revelations two men were seen (speculation of the apostles was that one may have been Moses), then if I am to believe that the Bible is historial, then there is every reason to believe that such "immortals" could exist.

If my former belief is correct and they are otherworldly beings here, then they have witnessed a transformation of our mankind from innocence to corruption. If my latter belief is correct, then they may be observing the fulfillment of "end time " prophesy. Although I cannot quote the Bible, some of my recollections are that men will rise up against men; there will be wars and rumors of war; there will be unusal climate changes; earthquakes; etc. Most importantly it was written that the nations of the world would rise up against Israel. Yesterday the Palestinians requested that the United Nations accept their application for statehood. If the United States does not veto the application, then the nations of the world, through their ambassadors at the UN, will "rise up" against Israel (again) and approve statehood for a nation whose mission is the eradication of Israel. Once that happens the horrors as described in Revelations would begin.

I guess there is one other possibility. Mel Brooks, "the 2000 year old man", may have had some older brothers!

witchy1
25th September 2011, 00:07
Reminds me of the immortal Highlanders

Information is from the Watcher CD, the novels, and the Highlander calendar, and the TV Show: http://users.erols.com/darkpanther/HL%20Timeline/Immortals.html

PS, good to see you back ;)

PSS: I heard a story once about a similar person. He created a drink here and NZ called "Chi". Never looked into it tho.

PSS: Just looked into it, and his name is not mentioned. However this is a bit interesting

CH'I's founder set out to develop a drink that would capture the unique refreshing mineral water, and stand out from the usual sugary and fruit based beverages on sale then.

Working with a traditional Chinese herbalist a blend of herbs traditionally used in Chinese medicine was developed. The original Chinese recipe this is based on is over 4,000 years old and was believed to promote vitality and energy. This blend is aded to the mineral water along with the natural flavour of Honey and Kiwifruit to make the unique refreshing flavour of CH'I.
Our laws governing claims that herbal products can deliver health benefits prohibit us from saying if CH'I delivers a medicinal or health effect. http://www.chi.co.nz/CHI---origins.html

norman
25th September 2011, 00:18
errr... not a clue really, but, this comes to mind under such thinking circumstances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWKhoR509yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWKhoR509yg

jesterking
25th September 2011, 00:33
reminds me of a movie called "the man from earth" also named john. This man claims to have been around at the same time and if I remember correctly he may also claim to be the one who was known as jesus. Fiction(maybe?) $2.99 on you tube, free and streaming with netflix.

jcocks
25th September 2011, 01:56
I once read a book called "The Immortal", written by J J Dewey, which claimed to be about an immortal named John. Not sure if it was the same person, but AFAIK it's written as fiction.

I also once met a man named John, who was one of the most unusual people I've ever met. He was actually the person who could be said to have started me on my spiritual journey. By the way he looked (He most likely lived out of the old leather suitcase he carried with him), I would not have been surprised if he had told me he was immortal. As it was, he claimed to have has his DNA altered by aliens. The thing I really remember while being around him was that I had such a huge grin on my face while I was talking to him that I must have looked pretty funny to the others who were in the store with me at the time - he had that sort of aura about him...

the trojan
25th September 2011, 02:00
wasnt there a thread on here about seven months ago where someone asked if anyone could name any immortals?
was it you bright garlick?

norman
25th September 2011, 02:09
wasnt there a thread on here about seven months ago where someone asked if anyone could name any immortals?
was it you bright garlick?

I can name 3 Imortals right now.

They are called:

Charles (Paul) Brown.
Jim Strole.
Bernadine Brown.

[google them and find out who I'm talking about]

Dawn
25th September 2011, 02:30

They are called:

Charles (Paul) Brown.
Jim Strole.
Bernadine Brown.

OK ... I Googled them. I could not find a Bernadine Brown linked to anything that sounded like an immortal. However I did look up the first 2 names. They are shooting for immortality, which is not the same thing as BEING immortal. I have done quite a bit of work with others aiming to become free of the 'death program' and 'aging archetype' which seems to have a hold on humanity. None, that I know of are successful. The people you mention claim to have been 'immortal' for 30 years.... not the same thing as immortal AT ALL.

norman
25th September 2011, 02:39

They are called:

Charles (Paul) Brown.
Jim Strole.
Bernadine Brown.

OK ... I Googled them. I could not find a Bernadine Brown linked to anything that sounded like an immortal. However I did look up the first 2 names. They are shooting for immortality, which is not the same thing as BEING immortal. I have done quite a bit of work with others aiming to become free of the 'death program' and 'aging archetype' which seems to have a hold on humanity. None, that I know of are successful. The people you mention claim to have been 'immortal' for 30 years.... not the same thing as immortal AT ALL.

Yea, thanks for checking.

They are only declaring themselves as Imortal.

They are tying to develope an ISM ( I suppose ). A way to live now as an Imortal.

I had a very rough time in 1989 trying to figure out what they were about. I could relate to a lot of their ideas but they were too locked into a sort of American Prosperity Conciousness for my liking.

However, I think their cause deserved to be thrown into the mix here.

Taurean
25th September 2011, 02:40
John Doe has been around a while.

panopticon
25th September 2011, 03:23
They are called:
Charles (Paul) Brown.
Jim Strole.
Bernadine Brown.

G'day norman,

Is the group you're referring to People Unlimited (http://www.people-unlimited-inc.com/) (aka 'People Forever', 'Eternal Flame' and 'CJB')?
From my brief reading on them they appear to be a psuedo-christian sex cult set up to defraud the elderly.
Strole (http://www.jim-strole.com/) is an ex-bar room singer who now spruikes his immortality etc.

For a series of articles and a 20/20 report on this group visit: http://www.rickross.com/groups/flame.html

Thanks norman, I was not aware of this group before and they look like right buggars. Reminds me that many people, as they get closer to death, are willing to believe some outlandish things and trust those who should not be trusted.
Desperation is such a strong manipulator of belief.

Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

panopticon
25th September 2011, 03:40
G'day Bright Garlick,

Not a bad yarn. Would make a good plot I reckon.
Just as a question though, if this immortal named John has been around for 2000 years how did he have anything to do with the writings of Moses?
I thought the writings of Moses, as I recall, appear earlier than the historical figure of Jesus so "John" wouldn't have been around to write them.
Just curious.

Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

spiritguide
25th September 2011, 04:30
Only immortal I have read about is St. Germain, he is connected to crystal energy. Google it for more info.

Rocky1
25th September 2011, 23:03
What about Abe Vigoda. I don't believe there is a person alive today that thinks he still is !!! He must be an immortal.

Rocky1
25th September 2011, 23:09
True, but in the New Testament many people of his day believed that he was really Elijah, returning to announce the coming of Jesus. I believe Jesus even confirmed this. If that is the case he was from a much earlier time in the Old Testament. I don't recall if he was named in the first five books of the Bible, or afterwards. I will check this later unless someone knows when he first appeared.