PDA

View Full Version : Social responsibility in alternative media

RMorgan
27th September 2011, 17:01
Dear brothers and sisters,

After following lots of discussions about prophecies disclosed on the internet, that give precise dates for all sorts of cataclysmic events, Iīve decided to create a thread about it.

Since the beginning of internet, our lives changed, thatīs for sure. Weīve heard many predictions of several sources, for several different events and dates, and, as far as I know, none of these predictions were correct.

Today, September 27th, one more prediction got invalidated.

This raises a question. Should people involved with the Alternative Media, start seriously thinking about ethics?

Thereīs nothing wrong in trying to connect the dots and finding the truth. In fact, itīs very healthy for all of us.

However, many alternative media websites, magazines, and persons have spread fear, using completely unfounded, unreliable and corrupt information as their core data, to create and spread predictions that directly affect the lives of millions of people.

Most part of the people who made these predictions, claimed they were absolutely sure about them, but time proved that they were all wrong.

They do it for money? Fame?Egoistic purposes?To deliberate spread fear and disinformation? Are they just manipulated naive puppets? Iīm not sure.

All I know is that our lives are not a game. People should think twice before posting fear-mongering videos and theories on the internet, otherwise, the internet will become just another huge source of useless lies, just like the mainstream media.

The internet is such a precious resource for all of us, but, just like atomic energy, it might become a monster.

I think that everyone out there, who created any kind of self-proclaimed bullet proof predictions involving precise dates and facts, that reached a major audience and public impact,and, are later proved to be wrong, in the name of their honor and ethics, should publicly apologize.

This is not a game.

Personally, I never was a believer of any of those predictions, but I know many persons who were, and were directly affected by them. I know persons who sold everything they had and moved to the woods, afraid of a doom event, 20 years ago!

We all talk about the mainstream media, accusing them of spreading disinformation, but if we donīt act now, soon the alternative media will be spreading more disinformation than the mainstream media! Thatīs pretty serious, in my opinion.

So, my final words are, if you have a theory or prediction, itīs absolutely great, but please, be humble and donīt proclaim it as an absolute truth. If you did that, and time has proven that you were wrong, please, be humble and apologize publicly.

Cheers,

Raf.

Ps: This is also the place for all truth detectives here to post info on predictions gone wrong, so we can know which of our information sources are compromised and lost their credibility. Itīs time to get serious.

jagman
27th September 2011, 17:30
I have posted predictions in the past, Not because I thought they were valid but because I thought this forum was
a good place to discuss the validity of the predictor and the prediction itself! When I post a prediction from someone
I want it to be taken apart and examined through the Microscope of truth!

panopticon
27th September 2011, 17:35
G'day RMorgan,

There is no way to ensure ethical behaviour on the internet beyond self management.
The key is to treat the internet like a cow paddock.
Look where you're going and watch out for the...
:bs:

Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

RMorgan
27th September 2011, 17:36
I have posted predictions in the past, Not because I thought they were valid but because I thought this forum was
a good place to discuss the validity of the predictor and the prediction itself! When I post a prediction from someone
I want it to be taken apart and examined through the Microscope of truth!

Thatīs great, my friend. Thereīs nothing wrong in posting anything here with the purpose of serious investigation, in fact, itīs very very good for all of us.

The wrong thing is posting "absolute truths", and ignoring the consequences of them over peopleīs lives and, secondarily, over the reputation of the alternative media.

RMorgan
27th September 2011, 17:39
G'day RMorgan,

There is no way to ensure ethical behaviour on the internet beyond self management.
The key is to treat the internet like a cow paddock.
Look where you're going and watch out for the...
:bs:

Kind Regards, :yo:
Panopticon

Of course, my friend.

However, unfortunately, discernment and common sense are not present in all of us, otherwise, we wouldnīt need rules and laws, to protect us from ourselves.

RMorgan
27th September 2011, 19:19
Does anyone else think this is important? :bump:

The One
27th September 2011, 19:56
Does anyone else think this is important? :bump:

Very important

All that I know I learned after I was thirty