PDA

View Full Version : I love this:

ulli
2nd October 2011, 15:56
I get a video from Nextworld TV every morning and find a lot of positive information here.

So when this one came in I was reminded of the farm I grew up on, where in my dad's childhood not only were all the clothes made at home, but also all the yarns and fabrics.

They grew flax in the fields and there was a huge weaving loom somewhere in the attic, as well as a spindle when I was a child, although by then in disuse.
While studying fashion design in London I got inspired by the wool shops there and started a knitwear company... the English and Scots have the best yarns.

http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/keeping-it-local/local-wardrobe.html

rEJmXmTFpMg

ulli
2nd October 2011, 16:05
I also want people to use this thread as a mouthpiece for their own enthusiasm.
Especially those of us who have years of diving into the conspiracy world
and are now ready to surface for some fresh air.
Alternative life styles, home design, self sufficiency, etc...
So anything other than music, for which many wonderful threads already exist,
can be posted here, as long as it's what ya'll LOVE!!

transiten
2nd October 2011, 16:21
I also want people to use this thread as a mouthpiece for their own enthusiasm.
Especially those of us who have years of diving into the conspiracy world
and are now ready to surface for some fresh air.
Alternative life styles, home design, self sufficiency, etc...
So anything other than music, for which many wonderful threads already exist,
can be posted here, as long as it's what ya'll LOVE!!

Hi ulli!

Superb idea! Todays name-day in Sweden is: LOVE!

ulli
2nd October 2011, 16:31
I must have picked up a Swedish vibe after watching that BBC video about those Swedish twin sisters that The One had posted earlier.
Not much love in that, mind you.
As of now, I will make today a day for LOVE and about LOVE, and think of Sweden.
Maybe you can find a Youtube about some Swedish organized LOVE...hehe...
:hug: :party: :dance:

nearing
2nd October 2011, 17:34
I am a weaver but my poor loom is in storage awaiting a room large enough to accommodate it. :(

In the meantime, I knit to get my fiber fix. Finishing a poncho for my son at moment. I am addicted to yarn.

transiten
2nd October 2011, 17:43
I must have picked up a Swedish vibe after watching that BBC video about those Swedish twin sisters that The One had posted earlier.
As of now, I will make today a day for LOVE and about LOVE, and think of Sweden.

OMG. I saw that post also, but quickly changed threads....By the way. "ull" in Swedish means "wool" and "ullig" (we pronounce it "ulli") = "wooly " and at that school in selfsustainability i attended in 1982 we learned among other things how to card and spin wool:fish2:

AND!!! A musician i work with born close to that school, just called me about a documentary on TV right now and i don't have TV..i called a friend i just visited that i met at that school and she is also watching..synchronicities running wild. I also happened to throw away an old fleece just 5 minutes ago...

2nd October 2011, 19:25
Thank you Ulli,

I love this is very refreshing after the heavy swede thing.... no I did not watch the vids on it..... read all of the posts so far.

I love surfing, the ocean and hiking and Randles and her puppy and of course Free Energy....

Have a beautiful day

Nora

we are all related

ulli
2nd October 2011, 21:46

OMG. I saw that post also, but quickly changed threads....By the way. "ull" in Swedish means "wool" and "ullig" (we pronounce it "ulli") = "wooly " and at that school in selfsustainability i attended in 1982 we learned among other things how to card and spin wool:fish2:

AND!!! A musician i work with born close to that school, just called me about a documentary on TV right now and i don't have TV..i called a friend i just visited that i met at that school and she is also watching..synchronicities running wild. I also happened to throw away an old fleece just 5 minutes ago...

Transiten:
that is truly amazing, about ull=wool... so I really was wooly Ulli as a knitwear designer.
And at the hight of my knitting career I lived in a house called Woolbeding Glebe.

I wouldn't mind changing my name to Jewel or Gemma now that I make jewelry.

Anyone who pays no attention to their synchronicities loses out on life's magic.
And synchronicities increase as one's vibrational frequencies are raised
and those in turn are raised with happiness and contentment
which is generated by being helpful, generous and creative.

Marianne
3rd October 2011, 00:22
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/6205840998_af9382dd23_m.jpg

(I fixed your image link for ya', following Ulli's good instructions :) :cow: :) - Paul.)

ulli
3rd October 2011, 01:05
@Junebug:
I think you have to get the URL of the jpg file directly, not just the flickr web page.
So try clicking on the photo, using the right mouse button.
Then go to "Properties" at the bottom of the window that opened,
then another window will open which should have the picture URL in it.
That's the one you want to copy/paste.

DNA
3rd October 2011, 06:57
Wow, I ussually love to poke fun at stuff like this. But, when the video started I kept saying wow, I love that material.
I hadn't realized what the video was about yet, but I can see the importance of this.

We have no idea what the crap we are wearing is made out of. Not really.
We have no idea how the energy of our aura is negated or hampered by the "textile" industry monsanto endowed chemsitry clothes we wear.

I couldn't help but to think how attractive this young lady looked in her wonderfull clothing, and I'm sure part of that had to do with the synergy that was taking place between her energy and the energy of the material she was wearing.

I wish this young lady well in her endeavors. A wonderfull little video.

astrid
3rd October 2011, 07:09
wow... that vid ALMOST inspires me to get back into the rag trade.. almost.

Thank you Ulli, just beautiful.

Im growing my own food now, and have hooked into some local charities for any excess i have.

But my lastest big thing is REAL sour dough bread.

I have been getting starter cultures from all over the world,
its pretty cool.

One in the oven RIGHT NOW, is from Poland and uses rye flour.
Rye bread, lasts for ages and tastes amazing.

Next i'm trying a starter from Giza and the famous San Fran one.

It takes a bit of time to get it right, but when you do, its WOW...

And here is one i prepared earlier, lol...

GREAT THREAD!!

Marianne
3rd October 2011, 10:59
(I fixed your image link for ya', following Ulli's good instructions :) :cow: :) - Paul.)

Paul, you rock!

ulli
3rd October 2011, 11:55
Wow, I ussually love to poke fun at stuff like this. But, when the video started I kept saying wow, I love that material.
I hadn't realized what the video was about yet, but I can see the importance of this.

We have no idea what the crap we are wearing is made out of. Not really.
We have no idea how the energy of our aura is negated or hampered by the "textile" industry monsanto endowed chemsitry clothes we wear.

I couldn't help but to think how attractive this young lady looked in her wonderfull clothing, and I'm sure part of that had to do with the synergy that was taking place between her energy and the energy of the material she was wearing.

I wish this young lady well in her endeavors. A wonderfull little video.

I'm hearing you, DNA, and thanks for not poking fun at the video.
I hadn't looked at it from your perspective at all, so more thanks for giving the bigger picture here.
I usually look at things like this from the community-pulling-together perspective,
and the naturalness of fibres up till now was important to me.....cotton, yes, linen, yes, wool, yes.
although have used viscose, also known as Rayon, in the past. Some acrylics, if the colours were right.

But now we know that cotton is Monsanto controlled, we have a dilemma. The solution I offer is the same solution I tell people who worry about digital appliances impacting our being with radiation.
There is nothing a human being can't adapt to, and more so if a person is on a spiritual path.
Motive is everything, and builds character.
The power of the mind that wants to spread higher truths to humanity can overcome even Coolaid.
Earlier in my life I needed a shrine for my meditations, now I can do it in a public toilet.

ulli
4th October 2011, 01:28
I LOVE THIS

post by WhiteFeather on the Occupy-Wall-Street thread:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?31553-Occupy-Wall-Street-Watch-This-MSM-Video-On-MSNBC&p=324500&viewfull=1#post324500

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/192214/slide_192214_383880_small.jpg

Locks
4th October 2011, 01:37
Interesting post! It's amazing that in a lot of the newer wrinkle free fabrics that one of the main ingredients is formeldahyde!! YUK!

astrid
4th October 2011, 01:38
The only wall is in our dualistic minds.

Back to cleaning.

vacuuming.
floors,
bench tops,
the dogs....

GlassSteagallfan
4th October 2011, 02:00
I am a weaver but my poor loom is in storage awaiting a room large enough to accommodate it. :(

In the meantime, I knit to get my fiber fix. Finishing a poncho for my son at moment. I am addicted to yarn.

Maybe you could find someone local thru craigslist who would use the loom and has the room for it. Put it at their house but you still own it. Then get garments from them or use it yourself sometimes.

http://www.lewisgardens.com/gallery/flax.jpg

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2007/10/img_1651.jpg

Omni connexae!
4th October 2011, 05:19
sohI6vnWZmk

:love:

Carmen
4th October 2011, 08:41
Thanks for the post ulli. I learned to spin this year and have mastered that. Also bought a floor loom cheap and a couple of smaller looms. Have yet to tackle the weaving but am planning to soon. I run some sheep so have wool readily available. We have wonderful fine merino wool here in New Zealand plus coarser wools also. Plenty of alpaca and Llama fleece also. I do the spinning and my daughter knits. I would like to grow some linen flax for fibre also,but haven't investigated that yet.

pickle
4th October 2011, 09:26
WAHEY! A thread about thread!

Seriously Ulli, you've done it again, another oasis of chill within PA, thanks! :peace:

Like DNA, loved the vid and especially agree with the thought about what we wear, and the true cost. I'd love to get involved in making clothes this way.

I Love This:
The way life is changing - something is gathering pace, and it's all good.

Peace,

Pickle

astrid
4th October 2011, 11:22
I look at this forum in terms of the micro becoming the macro,
look at the change in themes of late.
More solution focused, less fear, problem focused.

We are the change that we want to see.
It's happening.

ulli
4th October 2011, 12:35
Just woke up. Thanks for your great posts, folks. It's true, Pickle, and Astrid,
if we do the changing, then the change won't be doing us.
Yet never forgetting there is always a greater power than ourselves out there and in there.
If we do forget then our lives come to a grinding halt, or at best become mechanical.
Also, if we get too much momentum going we become like meteors, and so have to watch out for burn-out.
Must avoid that at all cost.
It's the fate of many celebrities who don't control their own careers.

Here is my favorite morning prayer: I LOVE THIS: (it works)

I woke up in your shelter, my God,
and seeking that shelter means I need to abide
within the sanctuary of your protection
and the stronghold of your defence.

Illumine my inner being with the splendours
of the day-spring of your revelation,
just as you illumined my outer being
with the morning light of your favours.
~Baha'u'llah

PurpleLama
4th October 2011, 13:00
I love that prayer, dear Ulli!

I usually like to say:

God bless the Fae,
And God bless me,
But God bless God,
Especially.
I am what I Am,
And that's all that I AM.

We are becoming the change we want to see, indeed. My whole reality has been transforming at an accelerating pace. Riding the wave of loving energy that's changing things from the inside out. Love to you, and to all.

Anno
4th October 2011, 23:17
Hi Ulli,

After reading this thread I got curious about how knitting actually works. After watching some youtubes I'm sat here with some #10 needles and some yarn. This is soooooo hard. I can do the casting on part but the actual knitting is confusing me. I think it's trying to learn from videos that is the problem. I'm not giving up though, I'm determined to make my own scarf for this winter! Ty for the inspiration. =]

Carmen
5th October 2011, 00:51
The video on greening the desert is just fantastic. Loved it. What an inspiration!

ulli
5th October 2011, 02:57
Hi Ulli,

After reading this thread I got curious about how knitting actually works. After watching some youtubes I'm sat here with some #10 needles and some yarn. This is soooooo hard. I can do the casting on part but the actual knitting is confusing me. I think it's trying to learn from videos that is the problem. I'm not giving up though, I'm determined to make my own scarf for this winter! Ty for the inspiration. =]

The left needle holds the loops steady and the right needle is used to push through the nearest loop, and grab the yarn and make a new loop. The trick is to hold each finger in place, with the left index finger acting as a tension rod to keep the yarn straight.
To begin with all the loops or stitches will be different in size, but with practice will become more even.
It's a bit like learning to eat with chopsticks.
Once you start you might become addicted, like I did. Then it all became too slow for me, as I got millions of ideas to make cool clothes.
So first I got fatter needles- still too slow...from that point to finding a second hand kniting machine was just a matter of a month.
At that point I had my last job, in the old Kensington Market in London, selling snakeskin boots at Ruskin, and where we had Freddy Mercury as a neighbor. He was then rehearsing to form his band Queen.
Within three months I had left that job and was selling my knits commercially. My first client was Peter Morton, who was only 23 at the time, and was preparing to open his first Hard Rock Cafe at Hyde Park Corner. I was at that opening party, dancing on the tables, sensing my own successful future arriving. Peter and Freddy went on to make millions, while my success story was more modest, because knitting is not as easy as rock music and hamburgers.

Here is a video of Paul McCartney wearing one of my kimoni sweaters (1971 collection) which I had made personally, on a machine. Took about 5 hours to make, and was sold withi9n 1/2 hour of me delivering it to the shop I was supplying in Kensington High Street. Linda bought it for herself, but Paul obviously borrowed it.

dx2ULgtA3Y4

karelia
5th October 2011, 06:59
That's so awesome, Ulli! I've never worked a knitting machine, though I'm seriously considering one for the bigger projects...

Anno, the easiest way to learn knitting is to find your local yarn store. Most have regular sessions, which, as long as you buy the yarn from there, are generally free of charge, and those knitters love to teach a newbie! It's how I learned a few years ago, and I couldn't imagine life without knitting.

nottelling
5th October 2011, 08:09
I love the idea of locally-sourced natural fabric.

And I love the idea of locally produced organic food.

E2LMsdAw2Fk

transiten
5th October 2011, 09:13
:clap2:

This is an awesome thread! I don't wanna look into another "fabric" ever. Great to see some Good News from Havanna combined with cool music. I've had my allotment for 20 years and the movement is growing here in Gothenburg.

transiten

ulli
5th October 2011, 11:40
I really LOVE this...this man built himself his own private island using plastic bottles.
Now lives off the coast of Cancun, Mexico, but plans to sail around the world with it one day.
Has already survived two hurricanes.

Video quality is not the best, but this man's spirit makes up for it.

One of Nextworld TV's most popular videos.

http://www.nextworldtv.com/videos/shelter/island-made-of-plastic-bottles.html

transiten
5th October 2011, 12:10
:hippie:

Unbelievable! Guess if i've been collecting bottles while walking my dog...

I've made a commitment not to be on the Net more than 1 hour a day while curing my stomach problems...i already feel better, maybe from watching this thread? Thanks again Ulli, that PaulMcCartney video sent me right back to the year i made a soloLP that started out very promising but the only Great "Hit" i had was a karmic one:laugh: Wonder where that cool sweater is now? Had it been mine i would still be wearing it...NN in the 8, a strong scorpio/pluto chart, problems with letting go, for good or bad, venus and jupiter in capricorn: Still wear clothes i bought in 1969! Superquality of course!

Transiten preparing for a "musical service" wondering how much of my awakening into "true spirituality" will shine through...

ulli
5th October 2011, 12:39
I love the idea of locally-sourced natural fabric.

And I love the idea of locally produced organic food.

E2LMsdAw2Fk

Nottelling, a big welcome to this thread, and to Avalon.
I see this is only your 10th post, and you just went from blue to purple.
The higher frequency colour.
If you can make contributions like this on your 10th post,
I'm asking myself what will you 100th post be like.
Beyond awesome.
Thanks.

ulli
5th October 2011, 13:06
:clap2:

This is an awesome thread! I don't wanna look into another "fabric" ever. Great to see some Good News from Havanna combined with cool music. I've had my allotment for 20 years and the movement is growing here in Gothenburg.

transiten

Allotments and Schrebergaerten are a sign of the times.
Hunger in Germany right after the war had people get allotments and grow their own food. Then they built little huts there to shelter from rain.
I found this just now, and love the image:

http://www.jigsaw-puzzle-club.co.uk/Jigsaws/O58876-Allotment-Cats-w.jpg

ulli
5th October 2011, 13:15
:hippie:

Unbelievable! Guess if i've been collecting bottles while walking my dog...

I've made a commitment not to be on the Net more than 1 hour a day while curing my stomach problems...i already feel better, maybe from watching this thread? Thanks again Ulli, that PaulMcCartney video sent me right back to the year i made a soloLP that started out very promising but the only Great "Hit" i had was a karmic one:laugh: Wonder where that cool sweater is now? Had it been mine i would still be wearing it...NN in the 8, a strong scorpio/pluto chart, problems with letting go, for good or bad, venus and jupiter in capricorn: Still wear clothes i bought in 1969! Superquality of course!

Transiten preparing for a "musical service" wondering how much of my awakening into "true spirituality" will shine through...

It will it will.
You'd never be able to suppress it now.
The energy is high and anyone who has a slightest bit of preparation
is being used as a vessel by the Highest.
Maybe the first note may wobble a bit.
Standing ovation!