PDA

View Full Version : 14 Shamans murdered in Peru

Hervé
8th October 2011, 08:28
Never heard of this even though it's been reported through MSM... this series of murders trickled over a period of almost 2 years with little done about it until recently.

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/06/peru-shaman-murders?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

The Peruvian government is sending a team of officials to a remote region of the Amazon jungle to investigate the deaths of 14 shamans who were killed in a string of brutal murders.

The traditional healers, all from the Shawi ethnic group, were murdered in separate incidents over the last 20 months, allegedly at the behest of a local mayor.

[...]

The prime suspects, however, in the disappearance of one victim and the murder of another are the mayor of Balsapuerto, Alfredo Torres and his brother Augusto.

The two men were named in a report from the public prosecutor's office in the nearest town of Yurimaguas, which said seven of the victims had been shot, stabbed or hacked to death with machetes. Local people identified all of them as curanderos or native healers, said the vice-minister of intercultural affairs, Vicente Otta.

The Roman Catholic church in the area has reported the death of seven other shamans whose bodies have yet to be found, Otta said, adding that territorial disputes and political disagreements also pointed to the mayor being "one of the instigators of the slaughter".

He said that the murder suspects had sought to "legitimise the killings " by blaming the victims for the high level of infant mortality in the area.

[...]

Roger Rumrrill, an expert on Peruvian Amazon cultures and a government adviser, said some of the victims' bodies were thrown into rivers, to be devoured by piranhas and other fish.

He alleged that the mayor, who is an evangelical Christian, ordered the killings on hearing that the shamans planned to form an association. He said the mayor's brother was known in the area as a matabrujos or witch killer.

"For Protestant sects, the shamans are possessed by the devil; a totally sectarian, primitive and racist concept," he said.

Shamans in the Peruvian Amazon use psychoactive plants such as the jungle vine ayahuasca for spiritual ceremonies. As early as the 16th century, Spanish and Portuguese missionaries described its use by native people in the Amazon as the work of the devil.

[...]

My bet is that they didn't join the NWO clique of black magicians... but I have no data in that regard.

laughs-last
10th October 2011, 07:42
please forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere as i'm new and leaving this post in a rush. It saddens me that my first post on this forum be of such a nature, however I felt that such tiddings were relivant to the path of truth. I was informed by a network of shamans of the death of 14 Peruvian shamans. I will leave the articles web reference here.

http://www.peruviantimes.com/05/report-14-shamans-killed-in-loreto-region/13843/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/06/peru-shaman-murders

May their souls return on the condors wings, to return again. Death is but change and the cycle is complete.

My thoughts on this matter are private, please forgive me if you feel saddened, but keep strong in hope; they would want you to remember there loss with a happy heart, as is our way.

PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL :angel:

ViralSpiral
10th October 2011, 08:25
Thank you for sharing, and welcome :)

Yes, I am sad at the perceived murders however, the perpetrators clearly do not understand that they cannot stop our evolution/ascension.....

All is as it should be

Hervé
10th October 2011, 08:39
please forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere as i'm new and leaving this post in a rush.

[...]

Yep... started a thread on it: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32102-NWO-Witch-Hunt-14-Shaman-Murdered-&p=327380&viewfull=1#post327380

You can ask a mod to merge the threads?

ThePythonicCow
10th October 2011, 09:02
You can ask a mod to merge the threads?
Welcome to the forum, laughs-last.

Threads merged.

laughs-last
10th October 2011, 13:29
Thanks for your welcome. The show must go on :) not sure where I left my lines so i'll just add-lib as usual :cool2:
I'm feelin' excited at the next scenes in the show (i'll probably get a walk on role again) however it's not all fun and games; who am I trying to kid, it's definately fun and games. Hopefully I survive long enough to join the after party ;) I could always gate crash. Of to find a 'script writer' and slip in a few pages of my own. It's gonna be fun working with you folks :hail: I promise to be well behaved here and only cause mischief for the 'non fun' types elsewhere.

PEACE FUN LOVE for the win :jester:

learninglight
28th October 2011, 07:26
FYI

14 Shamans Murdered in Peru

Posted by phunkychic666 on October 13, 2011
Shaman

Nancy R writes on Care2:

Fourteen traditional healers have been brutally murdered in Peru in the past 20 months, allegedly at the urging of a local mayor. The Peruvian government has sent a team of investigators to look into the incidents. While 14 shaman have disappeared, the bodies of only seven have been retrieved so far; the indigenous healers were shot, stabbed or hacked to death by machete.

Protestant Sect Members Suspected: The prosecutor’s office of Alto Amazonas province stated that the alleged murders were carried out by a man known locally at the “witch hunter,” at the behest of his brother, the mayor of the town of Balsa Puerto. A Peruvian government adviser and expert on Amazon cultures alleges that both are members of a Protestant sect that claims shamans are possessed by demons and must be eliminated. The Peruvian Times reports that the shamans had been planning to form an association to share their knowledge.

Irrecoverable Loss: The shamans’ deaths go beyond a brutal crime to represent a loss of unrecoverable knowledge. NGO Amazon Watch’s Peru program director Gregor MacLennan is quoted in the Guardian: “The death of these shamans represents not just a tragic loss of life, but the loss of a huge body of knowledge about rainforest plants and the crucial role shamans play in traditional medicine and spiritual guidance in indigenous communities.

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/10/14-shamans-murdered-in-peru/

Second Son
28th October 2011, 20:39
More deaths in the name of Jesus Christ.

jesus christ... i wish people would throw out that immaculately conceived baby with the bath water!!!

Mark
28th October 2011, 20:44
I wonder if Christians will qualify this article by stating that the Mayor and his witch-hunting brother were members of a "Sect" of that religion as if that releases the institutional Church from all association or karmic debt associated with this event. All perspectives are valid but the murderous history of that tradition is beyond debate and is, apparently, still going strong.