PDA

View Full Version : Here is how the Greeks are handling the financial crisis :)

Ilie Pandia
10th October 2011, 15:36
Hi,

Just got this into the mail and is a wonderful way to be and to handle any problems :biggrin:

Enjoy!

dbmoH1nuXCY

eaglespirit
10th October 2011, 15:57
Abundant Loving Spirit...Changing the World Together!!!

Thank You, Ilie

folotheflo
10th October 2011, 15:59
thanks Ilie, i wish i was there. this kind of thing really touches my heart. sometimes it only takes one person who feels it, and can express it, to open the door for others. awesome !

Ilie Pandia
10th October 2011, 16:04
Hi, Thanks for the replies so far :)

I just want to point out that what you see in the video is not only possible but is "contagious". It fills your heart with joy and and even if just for an hour, you will see the world in a different way.

I'd also like to remind you that we do not eat money, nor use money directly for anything! The resources that we use money for, did not disappear :). So meditate on that for a while and all kinds of useful ideas might pop up.

Tony
10th October 2011, 16:11
Absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ViralSpiral
10th October 2011, 16:14
That was unbelievably moving. Have watched it twice

THANK YOU!!

Hoppa!

Halvorsen
10th October 2011, 16:16
Watching this raised the hairs on my head, thanks;-)

John Parslow
10th October 2011, 16:29
Hello Ilie

Thank you so much for this video for some reason it brought me to tears - and made me remember all the lovely Greeks I have met on holidays in the past.

Once again my grateful thanks. JP :cool:

Russ1959
10th October 2011, 16:36
Wow! that brought a tear to my eye! Wonderful human spirit in a time of severe economic recession!

Lisab
10th October 2011, 16:43
That was just 'wow'. Thankyou Ilie.

spiritguide
10th October 2011, 17:03
Thank you, truely the spirit of the Spirit.... mutual respect and harmony.

transiten
10th October 2011, 17:19
OMG!

I just burst into tears! And laughter watching these guys rushing in to sweep the plates away! Greece a Virgo country! Second time today i watch a video with music that made me cry. Did you guys know that Amazing Grace was written by a slave trader, John Newton whose ship over to America full with slaves was theatened by a violent storm. He then fell on his knees and prayed to God to have mercy upon them. The ship was "saved", he repented and as a priest he wrote many hymns among them Amazing Grace...

...something for "The cabal" to consider?

westhill
10th October 2011, 18:10
Great video!!!! But what does the breaking of the plates represent? Well I looked up on the web...
Money to burn, plates to smash
Breaking plates is also an act which implies abundance - "We have so many plates we can break them!" - similar to lighting a fire with a piece of paper money.
Ooppah! to abun-dance!!
westhill

lake
10th October 2011, 18:24
Thank you for that.

There is a natural beauty and want to act and be one in humans which is of the divine.
This is not to follow another, but to be joined again, act as one, but this can only be in love.
No money, nothing of the material plane, just one in love.

They even show a representation of the destruction of material possessions which has always been a part of this very old culture.

Loved it :o

westhill: wouldn't trust the web so much my friend

Limor Wolf
10th October 2011, 18:41
While going to my cupboard kitchen to look for my aunt's plates... :)

This reminds me :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LmAcfO9lyg&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy!

vibrations
10th October 2011, 18:57
Wow Illia, it's fantastic. Until you can not see this people you just don't know how happy faces looks like.
In Britain you have about 90% of people walking pass you with a depressive concerned faces and a lot of weight above them, but traveling you just see the difference. In Croatia, Bulgaria, Greece, (I wasn't visit Romania yet, but I will, I promise) there are so many people who just live their lives in a positive way, don't f....ing care for the government and all sorts of crap, they look to each others eyes and you will find sincere smile almost at any moment.

Locks
10th October 2011, 19:16
thanks Ilie, i wish i was there. this kind of thing really touches my heart. sometimes it only takes one person who feels it, and can express it, to open the door for others. awesome !

Music sure has a way of doing that...

:thumb:

dima
10th October 2011, 19:34
hehehe!
we go out and dance but not that way and unfortunately less these days..
it's a nice video though! Romantic I would say!
Looks like it's somewhere in Canada.
thanks!

------update-----

And if you want to understand more of this culture watch this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086182/
The best movie so far about the history of this music.
love

christian
10th October 2011, 19:34
This is almost to cool to be true. :cool:

I don't understand, why they smash the plates, though.

The music kind of reminds me of this clip:
83bzs37LAKY
ruhuhuhuuui! :banplease:

transiten
10th October 2011, 19:53
hehehe!
thanks!

------update-----

And if you want to understand more of this culture watch this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086182/
love

What?? You mean it's fake?

OK, made me look for other recordings of Mikis Theodorakis and decided to take up 2 of his songs at a church concert i'm giving. Don't know the titles in English but one is about Future and Hope "Almondtrees and Marble" in Swedish and the other "A song of Freedom" about buidling a world where we can really LIVE...

So GREAT if pple are dancing Greek dances in Canada, i've been dancing this dance in Gothenburg Sweden:thumb:

Listen to Sotiria Bellou queen of rembetiko!

dima
10th October 2011, 20:05
hehehe!
thanks!

------update-----

love

What?? You mean it's fake?

OK, made me look for other recordings of Mikis Theodorakis and decided to take up 2 of his songs at a church concert i'm giving. Don't know the titles in English but one is about Future and Hope "Almondtrees and Marble" in Swedish and the other "The shore" about buidling a world where we can really LIVE...

So GREAT if pple are dancing Greek dances in Canada, i've been dancing this dance in Gothenburg Sweden:thumb:

Listen to Sotiria Bellou queen of rembetiko!

hehe
Didn't you see all this video editing, and false music?
It doesn't matter, only your feelings watching it matter..

Well, for me the queen is Marika Ninou..
tsqo8pEWwRo

I am also a byzantine music teacher, so this music really touches me, since it has evolved from byzantine music.
Now Mikis Theodorakis and Sotiria Bellou are just the start of your searching I guess..
If you want any info you know where you can find me. ;-)

transiten
10th October 2011, 20:16
Thanks and yes dima, the false music i actually noticed but thought the rest was authentic....By the way i've been working as a music teacher also but most as a singer/performer. There's a great Greek singer in Sweden, Maria Stellas singing with a "World music" orchestra..

dima
10th October 2011, 20:17
Great video!!!! But what does the breaking of the plates represent? Well I looked up on the web...
Money to burn, plates to smash
Breaking plates is also an act which implies abundance - "We have so many plates we can break them!" - similar to lighting a fire with a piece of paper money.
Ooppah! to abun-dance!!
westhill

Nope! see here why they used to brake plates
aXJQmTSptCc

transiten
10th October 2011, 20:30
That's really the "Greek blues"... but that fiddle player didn't seem very authentic either...

Remember when i visited the Greek Archipelago in the 70:ies and tried to find some authentic Greek folk music, but nope. The only folkmusic i came across was Swedish as i played fiddle in the street one day and a guy i recognized from Sweden came up to me...and he had his fiddle also!!! so we played Swedish folkmusic on that Greek island....

Well some newly written rembetico would perhaps suite the crisis better....

Hervé
10th October 2011, 21:12
hehehe!
thanks!

[...]

Yep... Toronto, Danforth street festival... good food too!

Robert J. Niewiadomski
10th October 2011, 21:27
And orange shirts Zorba Sweepers are from Ottawa ;)
Great music and people!

Ilie Pandia
10th October 2011, 21:30
I've been to Greece, in Corfu. While I understand that most of it was a "show for us tourists", I still think that the Greek people are joyful and able to enjoy life better than anyone I've seen :)

New Dawn
10th October 2011, 21:35
the was realliy something amazingly special to watch. Thank you for sharing!

TelosianEmbrace
10th October 2011, 22:48
I can see this happening in all the countries of the world once the Illuminati lose power. Spontaneous expressions of joy, hope, and togetherness, with daily routine coming second. We are entering into a truly delightful phase in human history.

Limor Wolf
10th October 2011, 23:54
I've been to Greece, in Corfu. While I understand that most of it was a "show for us tourists", I still think that the Greek people are joyful and able to enjoy life better than anyone I've seen :)

go to Brazil ~

11th October 2011, 00:46
In Canada, many people live in cultural pockets...so there's a greek area; a chinese area; east indian; italian etc etc. There's a Greek festival every year in Vancouver which is very popular.

Morgaine
11th October 2011, 07:02
I love it!!!!

Mad Hatter
11th October 2011, 07:42
Just seems I am not the only one that the film 'Zorba the Greek' struck a chord with all those years ago... when everything else had literally colapsed the divine human spirit proceeded to dance in a manner which epitomised the idea "so what, all is not lost since tommorrow is another day".

Thank you Illie I will now dig that movie up for the benefit of my kids. ;)

ktlight
11th October 2011, 08:01
Totally wonderful. ABSOLUTE JOY! My heart leapt and sang.

Corncrake
11th October 2011, 08:41
I loved that and it doesn't matter where it took place - well maybe to the Canadians it does! It illustrates perfectly a talk I went to last night on Lynne McTaggert's The Bond which is on 'connecting through the space between us.

Many many years ago I remember enjoying the film Zorba the Greek and going to a certain Greek Restaurant in Soho where the ritual of breaking plates was carried out every evening - wonder how many plates were broken over the years!

Thanks Ille.

transiten
11th October 2011, 10:39
Yes! Zorba and all the other wonderful songs by Mikis Theodorakis! Time to start singing them again. I have to correct myself although i don't think anyone noticed. The song about creating a world where we can truly LIVE is a "Song of Freedom". Actually found a video from 2010 where finnsih singer Arja Saijonmaa living in Sweden and who's been touring with Mikis sings this song in an outdoor concert in Greece.

Have to start rehearsing. "We've got a future where almond trees are blooming" and "The green waves of hope are rolling"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlESqoe-0M&feature=player_detailpage

"So build a world, a world to live in, it's a question of your own life and death" (there are of course english translations) These are the words Arja finally sings in Swedish.

And dima, what is she saying in the beginning? Since pple are laughing..Emena..Qu'est-ce que ca veut dire? Can't find the cedilj for the "c"

dima
11th October 2011, 23:16
Yes! Zorba and all the other wonderful songs by Mikis Theodorakis! Time to start singing them again. I have to correct myself although i don't think anyone noticed. The song about creating a world where we can truly LIVE is a "Song of Freedom". Actually found a video from 2010 where finnsih singer Arja Saijonmaa living in Sweden and who's been touring with Mikis sings this song in an outdoor concert in Greece.

Have to start rehearsing. "We've got a future where almond trees are blooming" and "The green waves of hope are rolling"

"So build a world, a world to live in, it's a question of your own life and death" (there are of course english translations) These are the words Arja finally sings in Swedish.

And dima, what is she saying in the beginning? Since pple are laughing..Emena..Qu'est-ce que ca veut dire? Can't find the cedilj for the "c"

See says "Sing with me" and they answer "Yeeees", "Ne" is yes in greek

aranuk
11th October 2011, 23:31
Thats the best birthday present I have had today. Thank you !! Was I supposed to have tears of happiness running down my face?

Stan

WhiteFeather
11th October 2011, 23:45
Uzzo, Awesome Ilie Thanks for sharing. Maybe we can do this in New York. I'm sure its possible.

transiten
11th October 2011, 23:51

See says "Sing with me" and they answer "Yeeees", "Ne" is yes in greek

He he and "Nej" or "Nä" is "No" in Swedsih, remeber it was very confusing in the beginning also when Greek pple did shake their heads when saying "Yes" Ochi? and nodding when they said Ne...In Sweden it's the other way around.