PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Technique speaks out at Occupy Wall Street

daledo
11th October 2011, 10:55
Immortal Technique, hip hop artist and political activist, speaks out about the movement.
j8a9RgFHKrQ

daledo
11th October 2011, 11:26
Warning explicit lyrics
UzSydDflR5g

RUrwKfwiEmc

jpgppZwX3Gw

Sophocles
11th October 2011, 11:44
gU_i1bUpgz0

daledo
11th October 2011, 11:50
Immortal Technique on Obama, 9/11 truth & Corporate America

QJuxb7HddOM

11th October 2011, 11:55
One of my favourite musical artists. This guys knows the drill.

buckminster fuller
11th October 2011, 12:35
Getting on with canibus was only natural :)

Lisab
11th October 2011, 13:31
Love Immortal Technique. Saw Mos Def last year, amazing. Thanks for posting Daledo. As for Wall Street we're still not getting any news here. Who are those RT guys? I see great vids posted here for this news station, Ive got cable but cant find them.

Mad Hatter
11th October 2011, 13:49
Mad Hatter dons his sound engineers cap last worn many moons ago...

From the first video I discovered a highly intelliegent well educated articulate young man expressing his point of view in a clear and concise manner which was a joy to behold. I also imagine most of the representatives of this style of music are of a similar mould in that they would all have something equally interesting to say.

On the other hand the music clips all seem to suffer the same old problem... I am left wondering why they continually insist on having the message subside under a barrage of noise. Some of it great music some of it not (ears of the beholder)...that is of course unless the vocal output is deliberately being obfuscated in order to only target a particular audience of say 'favourite homeys' in which case I get that it is simply preaching to the local choir.

IMNSHO the proponents of Rap need to learn that if they want to have the wider world understand what they are trying to say they would be well advised to have someone not attuned to rap music at all listen to the finished product and if they don't comprehend what the message is after the first or second listen FFS re-mix it until that happens!!

This actually applies to all vocals in any style of music but the rappers just seem to be a bit slow on the uptake. Well not just vocals actually, ask yourself have you ever seen a flute player competing against ten timpany drums in an orchestra or say a violinist unamplified compete against a guitar plugged into a wall of marshall quad boxes...I think not, but unlike most rappers have no need to ponder why that may be.

Sorry for the OT rant...maybe I am just getting old.:o

11th October 2011, 16:34
Mad Hatter dons his sound engineers cap last worn many moons ago...

From the first video I discovered a highly intelliegent well educated articulate young man expressing his point of view in a clear and concise manner which was a joy to behold. I also imagine most of the representatives of this style of music are of a similar mould in that they would all have something equally interesting to say.

On the other hand the music clips all seem to suffer the same old problem... I am left wondering why they continually insist on having the message subside under a barrage of noise. Some of it great music some of it not (ears of the beholder)...that is of course unless the vocal output is deliberately being obfuscated in order to only target a particular audience of say 'favourite homeys' in which case I get that it is simply preaching to the local choir.

IMNSHO the proponents of Rap need to learn that if they want to have the wider world understand what they are trying to say they would be well advised to have someone not attuned to rap music at all listen to the finished product and if they don't comprehend what the message is after the first or second listen FFS re-mix it until that happens!!

This actually applies to all vocals in any style of music but the rappers just seem to be a bit slow on the uptake. Well not just vocals actually, ask yourself have you ever seen a flute player competing against ten timpany drums in an orchestra or say a violinist unamplified compete against a guitar plugged into a wall of marshall quad boxes...I think not, but unlike most rappers have no need to ponder why that may be.

Sorry for the OT rant...maybe I am just getting old.:o

777 dons his devils' advocating stetson.

There is a lot of pent up anger coming from rappers such as IT. IMO it's great that a demographic (that is normally dumbed down by chart hip hop touting fast cars, big houses and chauvanism) is being exposed to subject matter that is far more important. It's appropriate to speak in a language style that suits the listner, that they will understand. If that carries an overly aggressive "I've had enough of this" roughness to it, I see no problem. Rap is mixed very differently to many music genres and is supposed to hit you like a jumpy wall of sound.

There is also an argument that many won't comprehend the message simply because the medium of rap doesn't work for them. That is beyond the control of a rapper.

And yeah you iz well old home bwoy.;)