PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Membership growth rate?

Black Panther
14th October 2011, 17:39
To the mods:

Is it possible to show a graph of the members
coming to Avalon ?

There are 3098 members at this moment. People always
say more and more people are waking up, and I believe
that's true, but it would be nice to have a graph or
something.

Maybe we can see some similarities with the Mayan Calander ?

Then we have scientific 'proof' of the growing consciousness :)

haibane
14th October 2011, 18:14
Awakening = Avalon membership? :confused:

Black Panther
14th October 2011, 19:58

No, but I don't think sleepy people will join
the forum. I'm just wanting to know if there
is an exponential growth of people joining
Avalon.

I couldn't sleep after I read the messages on
this forum for the first time. Never thought to
find likeminded people on a forum! It was part
of my Awakening.

So for me becoming a member = Awakening :p.

truthseekerdan
14th October 2011, 20:02

So for you my friend, can you elaborate what awakening means to you, except becoming a member here...

aranuk
14th October 2011, 20:14
To the mods:

coming to Avalon ?

something.

Hi there BP there are 4,400 members here are there not?

Stan

ThePythonicCow
14th October 2011, 20:42
I changed the thread title from "Members of Avalon" to "Avalon Membership growth rate?", to be more obvious to readers scanning thread titles.

From what I can tell from glancing at the applications, we welcomed a large number of new members in Jan and Feb of 2011 (the well known Charles influx), and since then it has been a fairly steady influx averaging 6 or 7 accepted new members per day.

Sidney
14th October 2011, 20:42
To the mods:

coming to Avalon ?

something.

Stan

Any way to calculate how many are trolls?

markpierre
14th October 2011, 22:12
Hi BP, it might indicate something to you, but you can consider without needing 'proof' that you joining Avalon was a marker of some kind in your own awakening. As you can see there is a broad diversity in the way members express their own experience.
You could call it individual 'progress' or you could call it a general awakening represented by a diversity of perspectives. It's useless to make comparisons, but you recognize your own limitations and hence personal 'progress' when you read and react to different representations of relative judgment and varying expressions of personal freedom.

Lets not call it 'progress', lets call it change. Progress implies comparisons with the past, change implies to me an escape from what doesn't exist anymore. Is that reasonable?
Avalon is a microcosm itself. What percentage of the total mass of members do you think represents a change in consciousness, and what percentage represents just more egoic posturing using another exclusive language? That might make an interesting chart. You can discern a difference, but I wouldn't rely on that. It doesn't matter anyway. You can't really give anyone your experience, but you can be in it more deeply yourself by representing it with integrity.

It's really helpful to recognize differences in you as they occur, and you can use these threads to experience yourself in your interactions. We're waking up because we're waking up, not because the calendar says so. Time is a slight of hand. But it's nice to imagine someone knew what was in the cards, because I couldn't tell from the hand I'd been holding. Still the game isn't over.

I don't feel that gathering more volumes of information has much if anything to do with awakening. I'd like to get rid of the information I have, I just want quiet. Disseminating it won't accomplish that. But the way that I regard it is different, and the way that I associate with a relatively alert group of people is quite different than with sleeping masses. I could never associate with superficial identities because I could see what they were masking. It made it quite difficult to feel safe and included and adjust, which in turn was a good thing because none of it was true. But here I feel a bit more welcome in my own dream the way I experience it. It's a dream 'about' awakening. It should include safety and belonging and acceptance. And trust. Trust at least that all is well. It's a hell of a lot more interesting than the previous one, and all the other lifetimes of hopeless or helpless dreams about lack and loss and betrayal.. But they did lead me here somehow. This 'self' is what I was looking or waiting for. And this is just a taste.

You can't anticipate or modify the experiences you're going to have that you need to effect your own changes, but you can actively participate by recognizing what they're for, and save yourself a lot of time and worry. I think that's more of what Avalon is about. Here you can reveal that, whether you're even aware that that's what you're doing. It doesn't represent 'awakening' to me. I represent awakening to me. But this is a really good mirror.
I hope that made a little bit of sense. Hey, all of this is just my reaction. Don't imagine that I think that any of it's necessarily 'true'.

Cheers! mate, have fun! Maybe a graph would be cool, but I don't think it would prove anything.

TargeT
14th October 2011, 22:15

My mom thinks exactly as I do and did not make it past the screening proccess.. keep in mind you cannot freely join this site, you must pass a "test" which is administered by humans (and thus somewhat arbitrary by its very nature)

I had to try twice before being accepted... *grain of salt*

haibane
15th October 2011, 03:53
So for you my friend, can you elaborate what awakening means to you, except becoming a member here...

Okay. Having found Project Camelot / Avalon couple of years ago played quite a part in my awakening, in more than one way, but there are many people all over the world awakening without having ever heard of Avalon.
(^__^ )

Black Panther
15th October 2011, 18:54

Stan

You are absolutely right. I looked at the members section (with the search function).

There are 4406 members today, so it's true 6/7 members are joining us daily :)

Black Panther
23rd February 2012, 09:50
Almost 5000 members!

Let's have a party in our village:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening
I will take care of the music :drum: We need some cheerleaders :cheer2:
And I will contact Bill to join the party :phone:

6/7 members a day. So tomorrow night there will be a party ;)

Referee
23rd February 2012, 10:06

No, but I don't think sleepy people will join
the forum. I'm just wanting to know if there
is an exponential growth of people joining
Avalon.

I couldn't sleep after I read the messages on
this forum for the first time. Never thought to
find likeminded people on a forum! It was part
of my Awakening.

I was much the same great post!

Black Panther
23rd February 2012, 22:48
I think it will be a party with you and me, Referee.

No cheerleaders, no Bill because I found out he is
having a birthday party and we are not invited.

So to share with you the current statistics:

Threads 37,567 Posts 424,375 Members 4,998 Active Members 1,772
Welcome to our newest member,Solstyse

Two to go!!

In the meantime we can eat :pop2: and :gossip: about
other members. Do you know Modwiz, lately he was in the forest and I saw him ....