PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Sunrise Over Argentina Has NASA Baffled

The One
14th October 2011, 20:51
For all those who may think this is photo shop think again

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0F4UzHKDtsQ/TpLMyJaOg8I/AAAAAAAAKfM/6QRTVW_SB1E/s320/strangesunrise_argerich_2000.jpg

Explanation: Why would a rising Sun look so strange? No one is yet sure. What is clear is that the above unusual sunrise was captured last month from Buenos Aires, Argentina. The body of water in the foreground is Rio de La Plata, considered by many to be the widest river in the world. Although the above image is actually a combination of a normal and a very short exposure needed to avoid oversaturating the bright Sun, the photographer saw this unusual structure with his own eyes, indicating that this effect was caused by neither reflections nor distortions in the camera or lens. What looks like arms on this monster illusion might actually be, for example, low level clouds just thick enough to scatter sunlight without completely blocking the Sun. Additionally, the distortion visible on the lower part of the Sun's image might indicate a Etruscan Vase or Fata Morgana mirage possibly created by a curious refracting layer of air over the water. Unusual atmospheric phenomena are frequently thrilling to see personally, and although most can be traced to well known phenomena, others, for lack of more data, remain mysterious.

check this link out below for a bigger picture
http://bigwobblepics.blogspot.com/2011/10/strange-sunrise-over-argentina.html

vibrations
14th October 2011, 21:14
Now I know The One, if this kind of natural phenomena is calling your attention is because you haven't seen a real sun for months and months, being all the bloody time in front of computer, searching the interesting things for us. You've seen infinite amount of UFO clips, all kinds of presentations and now, dear friend go out and show your face to the sun. A long time I was thinking you are thread-production machine, some kind of robot with 24-7 work time, to be able to see such a number of things in web, but I also saw the very human part of you, so I sai "maybe he is not a machine".
It's a long time I want to write something like this to you and off course, thank you for all this goodies you bring here daily.

Nairnia
14th October 2011, 21:16
Contrary to being baffled, I think NASA explained it very well?

RMorgan
14th October 2011, 21:23
Well, for me itīs just clouds reflecting/refracting the sun light and atmospheric gases. Iīve seen very similar sunrises and sunsets here in Belo Horizonte. Itīs beautiful, but nothing unusual.

The One
14th October 2011, 21:26
It's a long time I want to write something like this to you and off course, thank you for all this goodies you bring here daily.

Well thank you my friend

A long time I was thinking you are thread-production machine, some kind of robot with 24-7 work time, to be able to see such a number of things in web

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing lol :grouphug:

Dawn
14th October 2011, 21:39
I watch the sun set on the Pacific Ocean every evening as my sun gazing completes. I see many beautiful and amazing sunsets. Beautiful back-lit clouds like this are seen several times monthly, and other, even more unusual, things as well. It looks to me like a beautiful and unusual sunrise.

And, The One.... I am grateful you comb the web to share things with us all. I enjoy your comments and your posts. Keep it up. Just make sure you take time to have other adventures in life too.