PDA

View Full Version : Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and beyond is currently in production for release next

Gaia
15th October 2011, 01:43
That Guardian article is amazingly wrong and confused ! Am I missing the hints that this article is satirical ? Has my reading comprehension completely failed me, or does it name the president of Guatemala as the president of Mexico ? Did the author go out of his way to make this sound as ridiculous as possible ? A quick search revealed this article that makes it sounds a lot less weird. Aside from whatever synergy this movie has with some tourism campaign, the involvement of the Mexican government in this project is likely more to do with the restrictions they place on the use of images from archaeological sites wherein they can place conditions on the production, marketing and content of film in return for granting access to the sites. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that the makers of the film wanted to make it as crazy as it sounds in the Guardian article but weren't allowed to under the provisions that the government placed on them in return for granting them permission to film at the archaeological sites. I could be wrong though.

Gaia

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/sep/29/mayan-documentary-alien-mexico