PDA

View Full Version : A Personal Revelation

TelosianEmbrace
18th October 2011, 07:02
I woke in the early hours of this morning with a realisation of what's important, and I'd like to share it with you.

I have researched many topics extensively over the last twenty years, from gurus to aliens, from conspiracies to psychic healing, from the NWO to forbidden history. Some of the recent threads on this forum have highlighted for me the basic guiding principles/beliefs by which we live our lives. It became obvious that there were two kinds of people, some pushing others down and others pulling those around them up.

I often think of a story related similarly in a number of different cultures/religions which I shall refer to as 'Heaven, Hell and Chopsticks'.

Once upon a time, in a temple nestled in the misty end of south hill lived a pair of monks. One old and one young.
"What are the differences between Heaven and Hell?" The young monk asked the learned master one day.
"There are no material differences", replied the old monk peacefully.
"None at all?" Asked the confused young monk.
"Yes. Both Heaven and Hell look the same. They all have a dining hall with a big hot pot in the centre in which some delicious noodles are boiled, giving off an appetising scent", said the older priest. "The size of the pan and the number of people sitting around the pot are the same in these two places".
"But oddly, each diner is given a pair of metre long chopsticks and must use them to eat the noodles. And to eat the noodles, one must hold the chopsticks properly at their ends, no cheating allowed". The zen master went on to describe to our young monk.
"In the case of Hell, people are always starved because no matter how hard they try, they fail to get the noodles into their mouths" said the old priest.
"But doesn't the same thing happen in Heaven?" The junior questioned.
"No. They can eat because they each feed the person sitting opposite them at the table. You see, that is the difference between Heaven and Hell" explained the old monk.

I have a picture of a person hanging from the side of a cliff, holding onto a little shrub that is gradually being pulled out by the roots. Would you reach out to help them? Let us say a perfect stranger, or even someone you despise. Let us say Pindar, a repulsive reptilian, an eater of human babies, is there, dangling by one hand and screaming. Would you reach out to help, in a situation that is possibly dangerous to you?

What I see as important is that we care for each other. Not how much money we have, not what country we're from or how successful we've been in life. Not the clothes on our backs or the colour of our skin. But that when push comes to shove, we won't stand on each other to survive, but that we will reach out to support each other.

It happens so often in times of hardship, yet is so rarely reported. In times of floods, in times of famine, people who have little or nothing reach out to others who have little or nothing, and somehow, somehow, they all manage to get by. I am reminded of a passage in Dominique Lapierre's book where he details how one family who doesn't even have enough to feed their own family gives food to the family lying on the bridge beside them, so that they may all have at least something for the night.

Often our shift in consciousness can be as simple as a change in our attitude. I ask that each of us finds the goodness in ourselves, and that we see it in those around us. Thank you for your time.
Guy

aranuk
18th October 2011, 07:55
I never heard that story TE good one though. There was this poor widow in the lower region of the himalayas who lived in a shack with three children. She had nothing to give the children to eat. She had one big slice of bread and started buttering it. It slipped off the table and landed on the dirt floor. Buttered side up. She picked it up shook off the dirt and cut it into three equal pieces and gave it to the children. She then wondered for days after that why it landed THAT way when usually when things are bad they get worse. So she asked a sage why the bread didn't do the usual thing and land butter side down. He couldn't answer her and said he was sorry and advised her to go further up the mountain and ask a wiser sage. She did this and same reply. Same advice. She eventually got near the top and the wisest sage thought for a second and told her that she had buttered it on the wrong side.

Stan

TelosianEmbrace
18th October 2011, 09:12
That's very funny, Stan! I needed that.

toothpick
18th October 2011, 10:03
Hi TelosianEmbrace, great post, great thread.
Love the heaven and hell and chopsticks story.
You asked whether or not people would reach out to save someone hanging off a cliff, even the horrible pindar a reptilian, that is a very profound question.
I believe that i would help anyone in trouble without hesitation, but Pindar the baby eater, hmm, in that case i could not say before hand that i would help him, i would have to wait for it to happen and be there, be in that moment and then just follow my instincts, do i help this beast or not, very interestng, very profound.
Agree with your thoughts that for the most part people are good and that comes across especially when times are tough or disaster strikes, that,s when the true human spirit of kindness and compassion show thier gentle loving hand.
Great question, man.

Samsara
18th October 2011, 11:44
Sometimes the language of the Heart does not translate into words, so a simple Thank you!

:angel:

PurpleLama
18th October 2011, 12:01
Yes. I've heard variations on the heave hell and chopsticks. Very much is this analogous to our humsn situation. Careful, after the lesson comes the test to see if you really got it. It can be a real challenge, sometimes, to help the shall we say unsavoury characters. Help we must, regardless of logic and human judgements. Creator is as creator does, I reckon.

Curt
18th October 2011, 12:11
Yes. I've heard variations on the heave hell and chopsticks. Very much is this analogous to our humsn situation. Careful, after the lesson comes the test to see if you really got it. It can be a real challenge, sometimes, to help the shall we say unsavoury characters. Help we must, regardless of logic and human judgements. Creator is as creator does, I reckon.

Wow. You're right. This is how it works very often isn't it? We pledge ourselves to something noble, and them 'BLAM' a real world scenario floats down out of the sky and lands on our toe to test our resolve. It is incredible to awaken to this mind before matter way of looking at the universe. Things are 'thought' into existence. And higher powers, in concert with ourselves create the 3d tests we require. It's a very elegant and in a way reassuring way of seeing things.

Unified Serenity
18th October 2011, 12:32
I woke in the early hours of this morning with a realisation of what's important, and I'd like to share it with you.

I have researched many topics extensively over the last twenty years, from gurus to aliens, from conspiracies to psychic healing, from the NWO to forbidden history. Some of the recent threads on this forum have highlighted for me the basic guiding principles/beliefs by which we live our lives. It became obvious that there were two kinds of people, some pushing others down and others pulling those around them up.

I often think of a story related similarly in a number of different cultures/religions which I shall refer to as 'Heaven, Hell and Chopsticks'.

Once upon a time, in a temple nestled in the misty end of south hill lived a pair of monks. One old and one young.
"What are the differences between Heaven and Hell?" The young monk asked the learned master one day.
"There are no material differences", replied the old monk peacefully.
"None at all?" Asked the confused young monk.
"Yes. Both Heaven and Hell look the same. They all have a dining hall with a big hot pot in the centre in which some delicious noodles are boiled, giving off an appetising scent", said the older priest. "The size of the pan and the number of people sitting around the pot are the same in these two places".
"But oddly, each diner is given a pair of metre long chopsticks and must use them to eat the noodles. And to eat the noodles, one must hold the chopsticks properly at their ends, no cheating allowed". The zen master went on to describe to our young monk.
"In the case of Hell, people are always starved because no matter how hard they try, they fail to get the noodles into their mouths" said the old priest.
"But doesn't the same thing happen in Heaven?" The junior questioned.
"No. They can eat because they each feed the person sitting opposite them at the table. You see, that is the difference between Heaven and Hell" explained the old monk.

I have a picture of a person hanging from the side of a cliff, holding onto a little shrub that is gradually being pulled out by the roots. Would you reach out to help them? Let us say a perfect stranger, or even someone you despise. Let us say Pindar, a repulsive reptilian, an eater of human babies, is there, dangling by one hand and screaming. Would you reach out to help, in a situation that is possibly dangerous to you?

What I see as important is that we care for each other. Not how much money we have, not what country we're from or how successful we've been in life. Not the clothes on our backs or the colour of our skin. But that when push comes to shove, we won't stand on each other to survive, but that we will reach out to support each other.

It happens so often in times of hardship, yet is so rarely reported. In times of floods, in times of famine, people who have little or nothing reach out to others who have little or nothing, and somehow, somehow, they all manage to get by. I am reminded of a passage in Dominique Lapierre's book where he details how one family who doesn't even have enough to feed their own family gives food to the family lying on the bridge beside them, so that they may all have at least something for the night.

Often our shift in consciousness can be as simple as a change in our attitude. I ask that each of us finds the goodness in ourselves, and that we see it in those around us. Thank you for your time.
Guy

Wonderful post! Sometimes it is that moment of crisis that allows us to show our true colors. Maybe that's what this "change" we are feeling is about. It might be awful, some tragic event, but the one's who come out on the other side will be those who want to help feed each other and look out for one another, hence the focus on the differences between STS and STO types. We are all going to get an opportunity to become STO types.

TelosianEmbrace
18th October 2011, 13:15
Thanks for these exceptional comments. What a beautiful group of co-creators we all are!;)

I would like to share a story/experience which expands upon one of the points I made in my OP. On one of my journeys to the ashram of Sai Baba in India I stayed in a small unit with another young man from Europe (I can't remember the exact country, it was a while ago). We were complete strangers to begin with. He shared with me that he didn't believe that Sai Baba was God in human form, which to me at the time was quite a shock- why go to India to see him then? Anyway, soon I contracted a very bad bout of Delhi belly. I had it coming out of both ends, almost continually. The diarrhoea was particularly bad. I stunk the whole unit out and found it very difficult to adequately clean up after myself, as I was only just managing to get from the bed to the toilet. I was feeling so bad about the situation, when the young man came back from darshan. Without a word, without a complaint, he went straight into the bathroom and cleaned up after me for a while, then came out to see if I was alright and if I needed anything. Such a kind and humble being! This experience highlighted for me the innate goodness inside each of us, no matter what the religious or societal associations.

WhiteFeather
18th October 2011, 13:28
"Often our shift in consciousness can be as simple as a change in our attitude. I ask that each of us finds the goodness in ourselves, and that we see it in those around us".

Thank you for such an insightful Thread. You have nailed it shut here by that statement above my Pleadian Starseeded Friend. In Lak'ech Ala K'in ~W.f.~