PDA

View Full Version : Occupy wall st and so on flat hierarchy

Pete
19th October 2011, 15:20
Its interesting to note that Occupy has what appears to be a flat hierarchy. I am currently trying to get something off the ground and there isn't really anyone to talk to, it seems that, it's up to you to do what you like and if the collective like it then it will survive and if it doesn't well try again or latch onto something else.

It seems that the classlessness and ethos of internet sites have begun to shape how people are prepared to work and communicate with others in the real world. I am so impressed by everyone I have come into contact with so far at occupy. I have no fear that the movement can be hijacked or perverted simply because of this simple single tier of organisation. If you are an orator or footsoldier, you are no more or no less than each other. Who knows this could well be laying the foundations for a new paradigm of governance, trade and society?

noprophet
19th October 2011, 15:39
Thank you for this. I'm continually amazed at how hard it is for people to wrap there head around a leaderless, anonymous movement.

Action promoted by sincerity is very hard to put a handle on.

Ba-ba-Ra
19th October 2011, 17:04
Pleas note: I have begun a thread entitled "Marine heading to wall street to protect protestors." I believe you might find the information there hopeful. Barbara

eaglespirit
19th October 2011, 17:38
Its interesting to note that Occupy has what appears to be a flat hierarchy. I am currently trying to get something off the ground and there isn't really anyone to talk to, it seems that, it's up to you to do what you like and if the collective like it then it will survive and if it doesn't well try again or latch onto something else.

It seems that the classlessness and ethos of internet sites have begun to shape how people are prepared to work and communicate with others in the real world. I am so impressed by everyone I have come into contact with so far at occupy. I have no fear that the movement can be hijacked or perverted simply because of this simple single tier of organisation. If you are an orator or footsoldier, you are no more or no less than each other. Who knows this could well be laying the foundations for a new paradigm of governance, trade and society?

Yes, Thank You so much, Pete!
People need to hear these personal views from People like You being there in real time : )

My veterinarian Friend that I helped out at Her ranch in NC just visited the Occupation while spending a couple days with Her Daughter in NY.
She was also very impressed by many Folks there that She made personal contact with.

We are surely in the real "changing" times many of Us have been working and yearning for!

I am back in New England and will more than likely get to NY or a nearby city and Connect at a gathering.

Thanks again!!!

Pete
20th October 2011, 07:49
http://youtu.be/Tj8UlxhfJLw

this guy nails it

VaughnB
4th November 2011, 15:32
Many folks feel the OCW folks have no positions, so I put together just a brief Preamble to a declaration that expresses the anguish, frustration and hypocrisy of the current system.
The Occupy Revolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfzTYunmCnA

Pete
4th November 2011, 15:40
here is a lovely account of a social order and hierarchy that has evolved within Occupy movement, Its well worth the read and fills me with optimism that this really does have legs.

have a read and let me know what you think?

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/why-the-elites-are-in-trouble/

Bless em!

Providence
4th November 2011, 17:18

I too have been so impressed with what I have seen since the Occupy movement began, and I wasn't even there. I do want to share a quote that I enjoyed and which seems to sum up the power of this movement.

The Occupy Wall Street movement lacks neither clarity nor leaders. As Paul Hawken said in “Blessed Unrest…

”ours is a movement so dispersed, so decentralized, that it cannot be categorized, targeted and eliminated. In short, it cannot be put down.”

Loved reading your perspective, thank you!