PDA

View Full Version : Earthlings

The One
19th October 2011, 19:59
Since we all inhabit the Earth, all of us are considered earthlings. There is no sexism, no racism, or speciesism in the term earthling. It encompasses each and every one of us, warm or cold-blooded, mammal, vertebrae or invertebrate, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, and human alike. Humans, therefore, being not the only species on this planet, share this world with millions of other living creatures as we all evolved here together. EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity’s absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called “non-human providers.” The film is narrated by Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix (GLADIATOR) and features music by the critically acclaimed platinum artist Moby.

With an in-depth study into pet stores, puppy mills and animals shelters, as well as factory farms, the leather and fur trades, sports and entertainment industries, and finally the medical and scientific profession, EARTHLINGS uses hidden cameras and never before seen footage to chronicle the day-to-day practices of some of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit. Powerful, informative and thought-provoking, EARTHLINGS is by far the most comprehensive documentary ever produced on the correlation between nature, animals, and human economic interests. There are many worthy animal rights films available, but this one transcends the setting. EARTHLINGS cries to be seen. Highly recommended!

Viewer Discretion Advised

Maia Gabrial
19th October 2011, 20:35
I think that once all of this insanity is over, then there will be a return to the Sacredness of All Life....
You know what's funny? I realized that bugs are part of the sacredness, too. Some of them wander too close to humans out of curiosity (I'm guessing) and end up dead. How easy it is to squash a bug? We think they're creepy, but they may think the same about us.... Look how much bigger we are compared to them. And WE'RE creeped out by THEM?
Anyway, I put the message out that they're sacred and that I didn't want to kill them anymore. I haven't had problems with ANY insects. Not even flies or mosquitos who have been the most annoying in the past!

meeradas
19th October 2011, 21:07
EARTHLINGS cries to be seen

I cried seeing EARTHLINGS (couldn't ever finish, haven't gotten very far into the movie);
and what i have seen cries to be stopped immediately + once and for all.

This can be too much for some (I'd like to say "most here"; I'd love to be able to say "all")

No wonder i feel alien...

Samsara
19th October 2011, 23:32
Thank you The One for putting the "viewer discretion advised". I usually enjoy the videos you post, but this one I will not watch cause I know it will disturb me. I am not playing ostrich either... I know too well of these practices.

It could be different.

Dawn
20th October 2011, 00:15
A de-evolving society creates some really horrible things. I do not wish to watch this. It truly has nothing to do with the way I live my life, and I have chosen the way I live because I know about this stuff.

evancruz1
20th October 2011, 00:30
It's funny you bring that up... Just last night I found a water beetle (I think, small black beetle) in my son's bathroom. Instead of squishing the lost little earthling I wanted my 4 year old son to see me pick it up and put it outside in the flower bed. I believe it's important for our future generations to understand the value of all life. Thanks for your post, I feel the same...

etheric underground
20th October 2011, 00:49
I found this video a few years ago and cried for about 3 hours after watching it.
I also made many of my friends and family watch it......They too were disturbed emotionally
by the footage they viewed.
It is the type of documentary that makes me sad and angry to be classified as a human.
To all my brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom.....I deeply apologise for
the actions that my fellow humans afflict on you without heart and empathy every day.

blufire
20th October 2011, 01:00
. . . . . A RETURN to the Sacredness of All Life ???? . . . . .Exactly when was that . . . the time and place there was sacredness of life . . . really I’m serious . . . when exactly was that sort of thing a reality??

I think that once all of this insanity is over, then there will be a return to the Sacredness of All Life....
!

GCS1103
20th October 2011, 01:09
The One- This is the only video you have posted that I can't watch for more than a few minutes.

onawah
20th October 2011, 01:48
You might want to read these threads about Atlantis in her heyday, the Fall of Atlantis and the awakening now with the formation of the new crystalline grid
here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?31897-Atlantis-Revisited-Crystalline-Field-of-11-11-11-Archangel-Metratron-by-Tyberonn
here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?31898-Part-2-of-Atlantis-Revisited-Archangel-Metatron-by-Tyberonn
and here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32638-Master-Crystals-of-Poseida-Archangel-Metatron-via-James-Tyberonn-Part-3-of-11-11-11

. . . . . A RETURN to the Sacredness of All Life ???? . . . . .Exactly when was that . . . the time and place there was sacredness of life . . . really I’m serious . . . when exactly was that sort of thing a reality??

!

blufire
20th October 2011, 02:43
The information on Atlantis is mostly supposition. There are no cold hold facts of the realties of Atlantis and especially how they lived their lives.

Truthfully . . . . we can’t even get the facts straight on how American Indians or other historic people within the last 200 years lived their day to day lives so how in the world do we even remotely think we know how such an ancient society lived??

We want possibility of “sacredness of life” to be a reality because it makes us feel relieved and warm and fuzzy.

The DENIAL that this (the One’s video) is Truth and Reality for all of us is the most horrific aspect.

NOTHING will ever change until we face the TRUTH of who we are here and now and roll up our sleeves and DO SOMETHING. . . . . .

. . . . and by the way I like being 3D and human because I can see the beauty of our present existence.

You might want to read these threads about Atlantis in her heyday, the Fall of Atlantis and the awakening now with the formation of the new crystalline grid
here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?31897-Atlantis-Revisited-Crystalline-Field-of-11-11-11-Archangel-Metratron-by-Tyberonn
here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?31898-Part-2-of-Atlantis-Revisited-Archangel-Metatron-by-Tyberonn
and here:
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32638-Master-Crystals-of-Poseida-Archangel-Metatron-via-James-Tyberonn-Part-3-of-11-11-11

!

onawah
20th October 2011, 03:41
I didn't claim these were cold, hard facts, but suggested that someone who doubts there was ever a golden age on Earth might want to read these messages that describe such a time.
There aren't a lot of cold, hard facts about much of our ancient history, including Atlantis.
What is in our history books is pretty much according to the perspectives of those who wrote them.
People have different past life memories of the same times.
All we can do is find what resonates for us.
However, I have a friend who remembers past lives from Atlantis, and what she remembers agrees with what this channeler describes.
I can envision the kind of idyllic civilization becoming reality here on Earth in our future.
We are all Creators, and what we focus on is what we manifest.

phillipbbg
20th October 2011, 04:47
I believe that if you choose to eat meat then you should harvest the meat you eat and then out of respect for the animal that gave its life for you. You and you alone should consume that meat.

In this way a lot less animals would be consumed for food and we would get back to eating sustainable foods that the earth can provide.... In the UK more than 60% of the grain crops are grown to feed livestock ..... tons and tons of grains are grown to produce pounds and pounds (kilo's and kilo's) of meat... do the maths... as a world we can not continue like this. Using a 100 kg of grain to make 5 kg of meat is unsustainable and it is the reason we have warming atmospheres with all the methane being burped by this livestock let alone the reason why we have starving humans on this planet....

realitycorrodes
20th October 2011, 05:44
I don't eat my brothers and sisters the animals if I don't have to? I guess a fair proportion of vegetarian china and india is example enough that we really don't have to. If we don't eat our brothers and sisters the amimals then I guess we have one less reason why we don't need to watch Earthlings. But if we still live in denial about such issues then the word hypocrisy comes to mind when I hear people crying too sensitive to watch the movie while the blood of animals drips from their mouths. Funny old world this one.

modwiz
20th October 2011, 06:32
Thank you The One for putting the "viewer discretion advised". I usually enjoy the videos you post, but this one I will not watch cause I know it will disturb me. I am not playing ostrich either... I know too well of these practices.

It could be different.

Agreed. I'd rather eat glass than watch another second of how wretched we make life for millions, of animals year after every year. Knowing what I know made me change my diet 21 years ago.

Then I changed. A lot. There is no going back. Certainly not while there is a choice.

58andfixed
20th October 2011, 06:44
Well worth bringing up "The Cove" in this thread.

The Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKNCN1ESZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKNCN1ESZM

2m 19s 479,213 views

Posted August 3, 2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313104/

"Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renowned dolphin trainer Ric O'Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/RicOBarryJun09.jpg/220px-RicOBarryJun09.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_(film)

20th October 2011, 06:58
If you can't watch the beginning just watch the end; its very beautiful - maybe the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Star1111
20th October 2011, 09:36
The One
One of THE most disturbing videos I have ever seen!
I wasn't aware as to the extent of what goes on on so thank you for waking me up to this.
Is this practice confined to the USA in how they operate in slaughter houses or is it a universal thing. By that I mean are there stricter guidelines in place in the UK for example. I ask in all seriousness and want to know whether what we saw was the exception or the rule?

I'm not sure I can eat meat anymore after this. You may have converted me to vegetarianism. I have been thinking seriously of going down that route anyway.

What disturbed me the most (and a lot of it disturbed me) was the way the humans (some of them) seemed to take great delight on harming the animals. There was absolutely no compassion or respect............... shame on them !

Much LOVE

ktlight
20th October 2011, 10:56
I cannot watch this video. Too brutal, too uncompassionate, no consideration. It makes me squirm.

RMorgan
20th October 2011, 11:22
EARTHLINGS cries to be seen

I cried seeing EARTHLINGS (couldn't ever finish, haven't gotten very far into the movie);
and what i have seen cries to be stopped immediately + once and for all.

This can be too much for some (I'd like to say "most here"; I'd love to be able to say "all")

No wonder i feel alien...

Me too. I´m couldn´t finish as well...

misericordia
20th October 2011, 11:26
Thank you so so much The One for having posted this video,

reading through this thread and the responses that have shown compassion and understanding to the plight of the billions of pure souls that we commit the most evil of atrocities upon have left me in tears. I have always tried to avoid watching/reading/hearing anything that details animal abuse because it is so extraordinarily painful for me. I have struggled with this hypersensitivity for as long as I can remember, my earliest memory for example is of me sitting in my garden in Brazil at the age of 4/5 intensely observing the small ants busily constructing their nest. Next thing i know i feel a bolt of pain running through my finger of course i got too close for comfort and was thus rewarded from a bite by the queen herself. As I screamed and cried my mother came running to console me, acting on impulse she tried to step on all the ants but as she did so my screaming became louder to protest the lunacy of her actions and so she stopped. I have never killed or let anyone around me kill any living being not even cockroaches which were so prevalent in Brazil. I have always tried to help any creature i could even for instance drying off by blowing, flies that have fallen in my drinking glasses etc etc. Not a day goes by where i don't think of the animals of this world that are suffering horrifically at our very hands. Everytime i look into the pure, innocent eyes of my beautiful labarador i feel a deep excrutiating pain for knowing what we do to souls like him.

Oneday if the opportunity came and I had been able to strengthen myself both spiritually and emotionally, I hope to change this world for all my non human brothers and sisters and I live my life with this held firmly in my heart and spirit for it's the only thought that lightens my pain in a world of so much cruelty.

misericordia
20th October 2011, 11:40
I don't eat my brothers and sisters the animals if I don't have to? I guess a fair proportion of vegetarian china and india is example enough that we really don't have to. If we don't eat our brothers and sisters the amimals then I guess we have one less reason why we don't need to watch Earthlings. But if we still live in denial about such issues then the word hypocrisy comes to mind when I hear people crying too sensitive to watch the movie while the blood of animals drips from their mouths. Funny old world this one.

Reality corrodes thank you for your post you could not have said it better. I also noticed that you have quoted that particular verse from Auguries of Innocence, i too have always also quoted that particular verse, it is also a favourite poem of mine. My walls are also adorned with his paintings.

Hope you are well.

Namaste

onawah
20th October 2011, 16:16
Same here Modwiz. I read "Diet for a New Amercia" by John Robbins years ago and it changed my life.
But I shared the link for the video on Facebook with this note:
"If you are like me, you will not be able to watch this--it is much too painful, and I already know what's in it, in any case.
But if you know anyone who is NOT aware of how animals are being mistreated on our planet, by the billions, every single day, then please share this link with them.
Still a meat eater? This may change your mind. "

It could be different.

Agreed. I'd rather eat glass than watch another second of how wretched we make life for millions, of animals year after every year. Knowing what I know made me change my diet 21 years ago.

Then I changed. A lot. There is no going back. Certainly not while there is a choice.

20th October 2011, 18:22
Earthlings has been posted here before. I watched some of it then and a few minutes was enough to make me wish I was NOT part of this sick human species. In terms of true evolution, humans are still in boot camp. The film shows some of the worst animal cruelty imaginable. How did we stoop so low?

blufire
20th October 2011, 19:10
While I’m in no way discounting the horrific validity of the “Earthlings” video. (I watched it a long time ago)

I am much more disturbed by the realities of the atrocity as in the PA thread:
World shocked as hit-run toddler ignored by 18 passers-by in China..!