PDA

View Full Version : A boost right when I needed it

Titan Orion
21st October 2011, 03:45
Hello. I have a short story to tell.

(this may seem like Im waxing about my problems, but Im not, you'll get the point)

So at the mo Im jobless, and Im on a lesser tier of Jobseekers Allowance due to the conditions of leaving my last job-I got sacked, which meant I would have to wait for six months to get normal Jobseekers. Only six weeks left!

EDIT-actually, only four weeks left

Anyway. I get paid 80 quid a fortnight at the mo. For anyone who isnt familiar with English currency, that is like, absolute bare minimum on everything. Not waxing-I can see this is a blessing in disguise, although explaining why is a whole nother subject-just telling how it is.

So, this last fortnight has been really tough moneywise, and my mum, bless her, said she would lend me a tenner if I went over, so I got the bus. Blah blah.

Now Ive had a few things on my mind recently other than money. My housemate and I havent been getting on too well this last month or so (for the record, that isnt money related) and when I went to catch the bus home, I went into a bit of a reverie while waiting, one of those gloomy moments where you dwell on the negative.

There were about a dozen people at the bus stop already. At first none of them really registered in my head as I was a bit sidetracked. A few minutes passed, I check the time on my phone... and suddenly an old lady who was also waiting darted over to me and picked something up off the floor.

When I had pulled my phone out, the ten pound note mum gave me had fallen out of my pocket. I looked around, took note of the people waiting with me for the first time, and thought to myself if it wasnt for that particular old lady being there, I wouldnt have realized I lost that money til I got home. Ten pounds is nothing, but in my cirrent situation, well. If it wasnt for her, I would have been totally screwed. I couldnt thank her enough.

I offered a silent acknowledgement to the forces that guide me, as I have done from time to time in the last year or so. It snapped me out of a dark moment, the timing was impeccable.

Moral of the story is, no matter how hard it feels to walk through the drudgery of this world, it is far from all bad. There are many good hearts out there, and plenty more to come.

Peace and love

the trojan
21st October 2011, 14:37
here is a cracker for you.
This morning the cops came to my door .
I had left my car outside my friends house a couple of weeks ago and did not really need it,so just left it there.
Its not been running well anyway and My partner has a car if needed.
Anyway the cops came to my door to inform me that a firm who are doing work in the area ......"I know I said ,they would like me to move it...."
"No sir ,there s been an accident and youre car was set on fire!"

At first,I was kinda shocked...and then I realised.
Last night I was speaking to my brother about the cars m. o. t. which is due n monday .
The car needs some work done on it in order to pass the m.o. t .
We had decided to scrap the car after assessing the work needed.
I was not looking forward to this because I would then not be able to afford another,even a wee run around.
Well now,when the insurance pays out I will be able to buy another wee run a round car.

So I went to the scene of the accident,as I had been told about an explosion and other stuff....but it was just a fire.
A gas bottle had not been secured and had fallen,then ignited and rolled back and forth spraying one side of my car with flames ,basically burning all the bodywork and melting the plastics.

I am a last minute person,and if i had done as my partner asked and went to pick the car up during the last week,nothing would have changed.
Now I am looking forward to looking for another.

Wonderful outcome to bad news.

lotusblossom
25th October 2011, 15:17
I really love to hear stories like these. Just remember no matter how bad it may seem if you focus on the positive then positive will happen. As we control or own matrix consciously and subconsciously.