PDA

View Full Version : I am done.

MargueriteBee
21st October 2011, 19:47
Administrators please unsuscribe from this forum. I am done. I have been on this forum since day one but I no longer resonate with it.

Good bye Avalon!

Edit, thanks Fred S for helping me make up my mind!

ROMANWKT
21st October 2011, 19:59
HI MargueriteBee

I have seen your avatar pics for a long time, and it would be I think helpful if you would explain you reason, other than resonate, and with what, or which direction you don't like, it really would be helpful to know

my regards to you
roman

shamanseeker
21st October 2011, 20:08
Hi MargueriteBee, I'm new and don't really know you very well but would like to hear more from you. Wouldn't it be better to wait a little and decide later if you really want to burn your bridges. I'm sure you'll be missed. x

PurpleLama
21st October 2011, 20:10
In the deep, dark recesses of the settings menus, there is actually an unsubscribe button. Otherwise, it might be more efficient to pm a moderator rather than wait for one to see your thread.

I wish you well.

shamanseeker
21st October 2011, 20:20
just seen your last comment in the Nigella thread. They were being really silly and pathetic. Glad Lord Sidious contributed some intelligent comments! There are far more people on the forum who would not have made those types of comments especially after what you told them had happened to you, I'm sure. Unfortunately, they weren't there at the time. Please stay!

TargeT
21st October 2011, 20:30
Thanked 666 times

I'd leave too with that number of thanks!

Take a break, do it silently, posts like this crack me up... if you don't resonate why even announce your leaving? I don't get the modivation behind these types of posts, it reminds me of my 9 yr old throwing a fit.

shamanseeker
21st October 2011, 20:33
Can't believe the insensitivity! Can't you see MargueritaBee is upset. Read the Nigella thread. She has been through something terrible and all you can say is that?

Just seen MB that Nairnia was also in agreement with you and another member, sorry can't remember his name. You're not alone.

MargueriteBee
21st October 2011, 20:52
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32997-Nigella-Talks-Dirty

This was the last straw for me, and my next to last post.

TargeT
21st October 2011, 20:56
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32997-Nigella-Talks-Dirty

This was the last straw for me.

Yup, I read it and replied. I've delt with (helped, counciled, married, dated) somany women in your exact situation, you even admited it... you have issues to deal with and are projecting on others.

sorry, I celibrate my sexuality & it is always a give (and give and give) and take (what is openly given) relationship with a partner. It is nobel to overcome these "urges" but also you deny your own humanity (& a part of the whole reason we are here) by suppressing them.

Find a libra you can trust and have some conversations, if your blocked use a intoxicant of some sort to release; you will be much happier when you find and move past this lesson in your life.

Look can we get back to being smutty. I spend all my time on serious stuff, this is extremely funny!
Couldn't agree with this more... I see harmless fun & no victems besides those who choose to be one.

does this make me insensitive? well Intent is key and that is not my intent, there is rebuke here but for good reason.

MargueriteBee
21st October 2011, 20:57
In the deep, dark recesses of the settings menus, there is actually an unsubscribe button. Otherwise, it might be more efficient to pm a moderator rather than wait for one to see your thread.

I wish you well.

Thanks PurpleLlama. Done!

music
21st October 2011, 21:21
Is this (edit: the original posting) worthy of a thread here? No. Is it hateful? No. I think all should respect your stance on this, you don't have a problem, just a view that differs. In the interest of fairness, there are also women who use men in their thoughts, but of course, nowhere near as many men who use women in their thoughts!

Also, be aware that our natural sexuality HAS been twisted and subverted as yet another control mechanism. There is nothing wrong with sex, it is, after all, the closest we come in the physical realm to divine union.

WhiteFeather
21st October 2011, 22:07
My Gratitude To You MargueritetBee ......~*Peace on your path, love in your heart, and light on every road you travel,,,,, here and in this vast universe*~ <~W.F.~> 11:11

onawah
21st October 2011, 22:14
Namaste, MargueriteBee. I will miss you.

Lord Sidious
22nd October 2011, 03:40
Administrators please unsuscribe from this forum. I am done. I have been on this forum since day one but I no longer resonate with it.

Good bye Avalon!

If my posts on that thread contributed to your leaving and feeling bad, then I apologise.
It wasn't my intent to be demeaning to any women, anywhere.
I didn't even see the whole vid as I thought it was juvenile, but done in jest.
Be well, wherever you go.

norman
22nd October 2011, 03:49

Good bye Avalon!

If my posts on that thread contributed to your leaving and feeling bad, then I apologise.
It wasn't my intent to be demeaning to any women, anywhere.
I didn't even see the whole vid as I thought it was juvenile, but done in jest.
Be well, wherever you go.

I wouldn't worry too much about her being put out of order by anything LS. I have a hunch she's just a tad bit behind her own subconcious curve. Leaving Avalon is likely to be getting mixed up with leaving something else.

I'm feeling it all too.

Stuff is building up and there are things to do and places to go.

I'm sure she's doing fine, and all the better for cutting out the trash that was probably loading her down before even getting going.

I always liked her input and always felt she was sound as a pound.

Nervana
22nd October 2011, 04:20
Do we not have choices in what we want to read or view? If something is offensive, move past it. Why such hostility over such a silly video. Yes, I find it offensive and funny at the same time. I still believe Avalon is a great resource of useful and enlightening knowledge.

mosquito
22nd October 2011, 04:54
I didn't watch the video because I can't access youtube. Even if I could I probably still wouldn't have watched it, as I find her and her family rather offensive. (During the 80's the British satirical magazine "Private Eye" ran a cartoon strip called Dan Dire, in which Nigel Lawson was depicted as a loathsome alien called Blubba-the-gut. Highly appropriate, and I find it difficult to think of him in any other way)

Observing what's happened over the past 12 hours or so is fascinating.

Others have already stated that the thread was posted in an off-topic, private area, so what's the problem ?
Do we really want a forum where people are scared to speak for fear of offending someone ?
No doubt I will sometimes say something which another person chooses to find offensive, just as I've sometimes been offended by what others have said. Does that mean they don't have the right to speak ?

Bring on the humour, as smutty and offensive as you like ! As we read about children being run over by callous drivers, as the story of NATO's "liberation" of Libya continues to unfold and as the USA stands poised to invade Pakistan and trigger WWIII don't we need a little something to make us smile ?

onawah
22nd October 2011, 05:05
Hope may be in short supply for some just now, but I doubt that "offensive and smutty humor" is really going to bring on many genuine smiles.
Discernment in what we share with others is just as important as discernment in what we choose to view.
When hope is dimmest is when we need to shine our lights all the brighter.
My hope is that it's been a learning experience for everyone.

I didn't watch the video because I can't access youtube. Even if I could I probably still wouldn't have watched it, as I find her and her family rather offensive. (During the 80's the British satirical magazine "Private Eye" ran a cartoon strip called Dan Dire, in which Nigel Lawson was depicted as a loathsome alien called Blubba-the-gut. Highly appropriate, and I find it difficult to think of him in any other way)

Observing what's happened over the past 12 hours or so is fascinating.

Others have already stated that the thread was posted in an off-topic, private area, so what's the problem ?
Do we really want a forum where people are scared to speak for fear of offending someone ?
No doubt I will sometimes say something which another person chooses to find offensive, just as I've sometimes been offended by what others have said. Does that mean they don't have the right to speak ?

Bring on the humour, as smutty and offensive as you like ! As we read about children being run over by callous drivers, as the story of NATO's "liberation" of Libya continues to unfold and as the USA stands poised to invade Pakistan and trigger WWIII don't we need a little something to make us smile ?

sandy
22nd October 2011, 05:16
Sorry to see you go MarBee :(
I want you to know I admire you for your conviction to stand your ground without reams of rationalization for you stance. Unlike so many others responding to your posts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what this means about them, their thoughts, perceptions, fantasies, experiences, compassion and generally what one deems funny over what one does not!!!

Just as you have been told it is your stuff, I would venture to say don't worry as their responses hold their stuff!!!

nottelling
22nd October 2011, 05:23
Bye MargueriteBee.

As a newb to PA I haven't interacted with you at all on this site, but I sincerely hope you find your peace.

Peace.

transiten
22nd October 2011, 07:46
Welcome to the 3D World of Opposites and Paradox. Everything can be used as a learning experience.This is what happended, and for a reason. It's OK to leave and it's OK to change one's mind. I did, several times.....

Lily de Cuir
22nd October 2011, 08:03
Hello MB,

Please don't go, we all have our moments! But we are all family here with the proviso that there are eaves-droppers? Hope you will reconsider unsubscribing.

There are many things I'd like to say on this forum, but I don't trust in general. (Lol, does that sound ambiguous or what?). Those who know will understand.

MB, please feel free to PM me and I will give you my email addy, so you can speak 'somewhat' freely. Nothing is ever private these days.:tape:

Cheers,
Lily

Lily de Cuir
22nd October 2011, 08:27
Does anyone else feel like things are changing here on this forum? That we know a lot more of what goes on, behind the scenes?

Sticking my neck out here. And probably off topic.

This is MB's post who is pissed off.

For the record, I believe the thread in question that MB was upset about, is not a problem with me, but I can understand the personal dynamics behind it. And I sympathise with her feelings. And she should be allowed that, without preaching from others. It's a very delicate subject.

Please be sensitive everyone. Things can be very raw on the outside without scratching the wounds further if things have not been resolved.

Sometimes these things can take a lifetime to resolve or just 5 minutes.

We are all different with layers of crap that no-one knows of.

Give MB a break and don't be so judgemental.

Stepping off my soap box now...lol

Love Lily

butcherman
22nd October 2011, 08:33
later nugget

Butcherman

spiritguide
22nd October 2011, 08:42
How can there be synergy when there is no respect?

Heart-2-Heart
22nd October 2011, 09:58
To be or not to be ..to agree or not to agree ..it is all mindstuff...move on .... you can only see your own shadow, when the sun is behind you....turn around and see the sun..the future has just begun.. Now is all there is.. and in the... Now.. all kind of things happends ..sweet talk.. dirty talk.. fun talk ..no one can control the.. Here and Now ...or the Past and Now ..
The world is like a restaurant..there is God the owner ..and his staff of waiters and cooks ..and ofcourse the customers ...mainly us..
We all know.. that it is a very big restaurant,and as such, it has a very big MenuCard and there is a lot to choose from ...
Sweet .. hot .. sexy .. funny .. mean.. ..religious.. spiritual.. love.. hate... compassion.. all is served fresh
On the MenuCard it is printed ..You want It.. we got It ..
My point is ..we dont have to tell everybody else that .. I am leaving the restaurant ...because.. the serve a dish I don't like....
Choose another dish...or leave the restaurant... who cares...
Avalon is like a Restaurant...a big MenuCard..the customers are friendly.. and the waiters are polite ..and we can choose from the MenuCard as we like ...
MargueriteBee...
maybe there will be a new dish tomorrow more to your taste ...
with Love H2H

Flash
22nd October 2011, 10:49
Thanked 666 times

I'd leave too with that number of thanks!

Take a break, do it silently, posts like this crack me up... if you don't resonate why even announce your leaving? I don't get the modivation behind these types of posts, it reminds me of my 9 yr old throwing a fit.

These are the exact types of comments and the exact type of attitude for which one only have the taste to leave this forum. Rude people without much heart in their comments.

A year ago, i would never feel the necessity to be rude myself while writing here. Often now, I would rather not collaborate than have to answer what I just did. This forum is defiitly not doing better when some post heartless comments.

Bollinger
22nd October 2011, 11:33
Is this not the most human thing there is? Someone says something; someone else gets offended and takes their leave.

If I’m not mistaken, the subject from which all this stems is what we roughly know as sexism. It is the sort of offence that is taken when another person appears to be pointing out something in your trait which only nature itself can answer for. Racism is probably in the same league of offences if we wanted another example.

One can try to approach this with one’s own opinion on whatever it was that caused the offence but that is far too subjective and probably should be avoided if at all possible. After all, an opinion is nothing more than a reflection of the shape one’s character has taken over the years in which the great sculptor of life was and still is chiselling away at our physical and emotional makeup.

Despite all of that, there is yet another angle. Where do these great separations stem from? Are sex and race not just artificial separations? As we write our words or convey our thoughts, does it really matter what physical attributes we happen to possess? And yet, it is burned into our soul as soon as we appear on this planet, that these separations should command so much importance in our lives. And what do we think these physical and yet quite artificial “sides” of humanity achieve? Nothing but grief is the answer.

It is so easy, often unavoidable, to give and take offence with such things, and yet we must try to do neither. We are “made” sick and commanded to be well by a “society” with many faces and many facets laid out for us to either obey or overcome.

If I am to leave this post with a word of advice, it is this. Let us all make it a condition of our own lives to offend not each other but the fake separation that exists in our world by severing as many of its ugly tendons as it is humanly possible; tough on “crime” and tough on the “causes of crime”, as the top criminal himself, once said.

Anchor
22nd October 2011, 12:04
You know, I am certain that it is possible to choose not to be offended by anything if you have the detachment. However, when something triggers a powerful reaction based on some deep wound that has not properly healed, it is no wonder that the reaction happens before the choice.

I happened to enjoy the thread that was the straw that broke the camels back, that says more about me and my sometimes puerile sense of humour. Then again, I liked Benny Hill and the Hills Angels too. Clearly MB didn't enjoy it. She had a right to express that.

Avalon is not a forgiving place for sensitive people.

I remember sorting out MargueriteBee's account on the original Avalon/Camelot forums - the ones that proceeded this one during this month in 2009 the time when it was subscription and the system was messed up and MB had paid, but still couldn't log in - she has been with us and the forum a long time! So, for the record, my view is that her "retiring" sucks.

At least the retirement process is reversible - and for that reason it is a good system. I hope she comes back one day.

It was notable and characteristic that her first post was actually looking out for good of Avalon - "Is this thread worthy of Project Avalon forum, no, I don't think so!".

We all need to look out for Avalon - and its more complex than it seems - Avalon is us, so we need to look out for each-other.

Let's be more gentle eh?

PurpleLama
22nd October 2011, 13:31
I deceded this post wasn't adding anything to the conversation.

Lily de Cuir
22nd October 2011, 13:58
I'm going to bed!!!

Nighty night....

Little Ishta
22nd October 2011, 14:58
I am sorry to see you go. But usually when there is a thread that does not appeal to me, I just ignore it. I am not going to let a thread get to me anymore. Ignorance can be bliss to certain threads ;) Besides there is still a lot to learn on here.

jcocks
22nd October 2011, 15:27
If you take a look at the other videos that youtube poster did, you'd see that he also did the same thing with Jamie Oliver - also quite a funny vid.

I guess it's relaxing to get into the gutter every now and again and have a hearty laugh. It's part of human nature and shouldn't be suppressed - but we also have to know when to climb back out, clean oureselves up, and get on with being the civilised people we are....

Snowbird
22nd October 2011, 15:31
I was surprised at MargueriteBee's abrupt announcement until I read through the Nigella thread which has been temporarily closed. However, in support of MB, there are numerous and current energies that are working and interlacing with each other that produce this sort of group reaction.

This is based solely on my own observations and personal experiences and information that I have gained of late. We are in a great state of flux right now. Some of the energies flowing in are here to help us to help ourselves by cleansing issues from the past, shedding these, so that we can move forward. I have been experiencing tons of this cleansing in the past few weeks. Tears have been gushing, but I welcome these tears because I know that once I have released what ails, I can move forward. It's a good thing!

We have to remember too, that not all posters on this forum are here to support and be a part of.

noprophet posted a link over on the Nigella thread with a current look at astrological weather for today. This is very interesting!

Uranus void in Aries
Actions are unconventional, radical, or surprising. Not everyone agrees on how things should go, therefore there is discord within groups. Others, who have a specific agenda, persevere to make their point despite fierce opposition. Social conditions are volatile now. The bottom could fall out. It’s a time for experimentation and deviant behaviors. Sudden, unusual, and disruptive conditions occur now that reveal deep inequalities in society and culture.

Neptune void in Aquarius
Trends are unclear. Not everything is known, there is much to suspect. The fabric of reality seems to be ripped asunder. Faith in leadership is low. Social and economic conditions are unstable and subject to devaluations. The future looks uncertain and no one is taking any chances. Beliefs about reality are challenged. Some feel overwhelmed, even flooded, literally and figuratively.

Pluto void in Capricorn
There is movement toward displaying outright power. Tolerance and patience are pushed aside in favor of drastic actions. Old wounds are reopened and confrontations forced. Power plays occur. Secret forces make their presence known. Some seek to act on their urges, others attempt to stop them. Deep secrets are revealed. A collective cleansing is in order.

http://alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobot.cgi?PARAM=YVR&INPUT5=Brewster,MA

We also have to remember something heavily related to Nigella and her outright sexy performance, (I watched half of that short video and couldn't stomach any more) the NWO controllers are pushing sex to calm the masses and keep their eyes on the prize, so to speak. This will greatly help to keep their attention on the red (root) chakra versus green (heart) chakra and above. Nigella is a very sexy woman and stems from a very bloodline-connected family. And, I'm sure that she is reaping great financial benefits from her creamy discourse.

MargueriteBee, I do hope that you will reconsider joining us again after you have had some time to rest and recoup. We are going through a difficult time but it won't last. It is temporary. Please return when you feel inclined.
:hug:

Sidney
22nd October 2011, 16:42
My 2 cents worth,,,,,um I'm no prude and I have no baggage that applies to this, and I have a great sense of humor..BUT...IMO..Entertainment videos like that do not belong here period. Here is why. Avalon is a stepping stone to the better side of the planet. The peaceful side.
Leave the trash where it belongs, in the place we are trying to escape from.

NeverMind
22nd October 2011, 16:55
I guess it's relaxing to get into the gutter every now

It's more than relaxing - it actually can be cleansing. :)
I am serious.

(Note, however, that this is a general observation regarding human nature - not "taking sides" in this specific issue.)

nearing
22nd October 2011, 17:06
My 2 cents worth,,,,,um I'm no prude and I have no baggage that applies to this, and I have a great sense of humor..BUT...IMO..Entertainment videos like that do not belong here period. Here is why. Avalon is a stepping stone to the better side of the planet. The peaceful side.

Since we are losing a long time member over this issue, perhaps it is time that Bill Ryan, being the creator of this forum, step in and clarify if posting things of a sexual nature are forbidden here or are they appropriate if placed in the off topic of light sub-forum as was done.

If this really is about how Avalon is defined, then only Bill can say what should be done.

Sidney
22nd October 2011, 17:10

Since we are losing a long time member over this issue, perhaps it is time that Bill Ryan, being the creator of this forum, step in and clarify if posting things of a sexual nature are forbidden here or are they appropriate if placed in the off topic of light sub-forum as was done.

If this really is about how Avalon is defined, then only Bill can say what should be done.

Perhaps....Bill, are you listening?

Sierra
22nd October 2011, 17:19
Since MargueriteBee is no longer with us, and cannot put her .02 in, the mods have decided to close this thread.

ThePythonicCow
23rd October 2011, 05:51
[Admin-edit: I have removed the former contents of this post :) :cow: :) .]