PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help?

Seikou-Kishi
22nd October 2011, 11:36
I'm sure there's a thread on here about raw food diets, but I can't find one for love nor money. Does anybody know where I might find some information or have some tips to share?

Anno
22nd October 2011, 12:35
Cast a wider net and you'll find plenty of info. The original book on the Paleolithic Diet explains the background and science to such diets. Tis based on how our bodies developed over thousands of years to eat a certain diet (mostly raw food) then we started farming and cooking and it all went downhill from there and various diseases started to occur.
It's very popular with the older generation in the states. Lots of super fit grannies and grandpas who have bodies that look better than most 30 year olds.

If I remember rightly, Icke's forum has a fair bit of info on it if you have a nose around health and survival sub-forums.

I'd be wary of getting the info from the alternative though. They tend to go off on one about Monsanto and GM products instead of just explaining the whys and wherefores of eating a raw diet. The Paleolithic Diet book is the best primer I know of. =]

Tarka the Duck
22nd October 2011, 12:55
Diet is such an emotive subject, isn't it?!
As many will tell you of the benefits of the raw food diet, I just wanted to offer something from "the other side".
This is from the site of Barry Groves, called secondopinions.co.uk and is in the section entitled The Naive Vegetarian:

The second investigation (10) concerned the inedibility of many of today's plant foods in the raw state which contain many anti-nutrients that can damage a wide variety of human physiological systems. These antinutrients include alkylrescorcinols, alpha-amylase inhitors, protease inhibitors, etc. These must be broken down by cooking, and cooking for a long time, before they can be eaten safely. Beans and other legumes although rich in both carbohydrate and protein, also contain protease inhibitors. Starchy roots — yams and cassava — are common staples today, but if not well cooked are very toxic indeed. The cassava even contains cyanide which must be oxidised by heat to make it safe to eat. And apart from the anti-nutrients above, the starch in cereals — wheat, rice, barley, oats, and rye — are also inedible in quantity if not cooked first. Cooking causes the starch granules in the flour to swell and be disrupted by a process called gelatinization Without this the starch much less accessible to digestion by pancreatic amylase. (11) (See also soybeans below.) Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten to neutralise the phytic acid and other toxic anti-nutrients. That fact that we don't do these things is the reason for so much atopic disease — asthma, eczema, and so on — around today.

Sidney
22nd October 2011, 17:05
vegetables should really never be eaten raw

Really? As in no salad or anything?? I thought raw vegetables were good for you?

ktlight
22nd October 2011, 17:07
Parasites live under the skin of root vegetables and these can be removed by zapping for 10 minutes before use.

Amysenthia
22nd October 2011, 17:32
Am I reading your inquiry wrong or what. My understanding of your question is you want love and money advice, but you seem to be getting diet advice. If it is diet advice I would tell you only don't follow any diet that eats only one type of food. However, you should only consume fresh, non-processed, organically grown, non GM foods. A diet that includes fish, nuts, dairy as your protein source is the most beneficial but eating meat is ok. But I would hope it is from a source where the animal was treated with dignity in life and at death. However is you are going to consume fish, chicken, or fish it should be thoroughly cooked. Sushi prepared by a trained sushi chef is safer but there is still a risk of parasites. Also, when preparing some vegetables for example carrots; cooking them releases their vitamin content better than in the raw stage. This is my short version of nutrition advice.

If you want love & money advice these are more difficult subjects. One should find their passion in life and try to make a paycheck doing it. This way you may not get rich, but you also will never feel like you are working. When it comes to love trust that it will come when it is meant to be. Keep yourself out there. Your love will not come knocking at the door. The best way to meet someone is through other people you know referring you. I have tried dating websites but found them to be a waste of time. Start conversations at the grocery store, while waiting in line somewhere, etc. I have met people that I dated by joining clubs. Met my current boyfriend through a local Ski Club for example. You must put yourself out there and it will happen. Try to learn more about yourself in the mean time. Learn to love yourself so that you will be a better partner when someone does enter the picture.

May all your dreams come true. Just daily visualize what you want for your life and imagine you already have it. You will draw to your reality what you create with your thoughts. Best wishes!!!

Limor Wolf
22nd October 2011, 17:39
Hi Oliver!

Here are some random things I have bumped into in the last few weeks and maybe you will also find interest in:

This is a raw foodist youtube channel where she tries the raw food diet and report on the diffrent feelings,how it effects her body and her overall conclusions about it.
I like listening and learning from other people's experiences and there are quite a few good privet channels about it,people are sharing their knowledge,so hopefully you can get something from it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RawDownUnder

and another one -

you go to 'download' and press show all (look for interesting videos in synchronistic order)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRawFoodWorld

and lately I listened to Amy that lives in Costa Rica (someone introduced her here in the forum.thank you!) -she live from fruits and vegetables that she pick from the trees and not even drink any water

from 4:55 (but worth listening to the whole video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WZsRd87EE&feature=related

Good luck with your findings,and dont forget to post it here.

:tea:

A smoothy salute!

Love

~*&^~*&

Limor

Lord Sidious
22nd October 2011, 17:46
Am I reading your inquiry wrong or what. My understanding of your question is you want love and money advice, but you seem to be getting diet advice. If it is diet advice I would tell you only don't follow any diet that eats only one type of food. However, you should only consume fresh, non-processed, organically grown, non GM foods. A diet that includes fish, nuts, dairy as your protein source is the most beneficial but eating meat is ok. But I would hope it is from a source where the animal was treated with dignity in life and at death. However is you are going to consume fish, chicken, or fish it should be thoroughly cooked. Sushi prepared by a trained sushi chef is safer but there is still a risk of parasites. Also, when preparing some vegetables for example carrots; cooking them releases their vitamin content better than in the raw stage. This is my short version of nutrition advice.

If you want love & money advice these are more difficult subjects. One should find their passion in life and try to make a paycheck doing it. This way you may not get rich, but you also will never feel like you are working. When it comes to love trust that it will come when it is meant to be. Keep yourself out there. Your love will not come knocking at the door. The best way to meet someone is through other people you know referring you. I have tried dating websites but found them to be a waste of time. Start conversations at the grocery store, while waiting in line somewhere, etc. I have met people that I dated by joining clubs. Met my current boyfriend through a local Ski Club for example. You must put yourself out there and it will happen. Try to learn more about yourself in the mean time. Learn to love yourself so that you will be a better partner when someone does enter the picture.

May all your dreams come true. Just daily visualize what you want for your life and imagine you already have it. You will draw to your reality what you create with your thoughts. Best wishes!!!

For want of love nor money is just slang, meaning regardless of how much you have to offer, you can't get what you want.

Limor Wolf
22nd October 2011, 17:47
Originally posted by Tarka The Duck (from Barry Groves):"Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten.."

I must say I do not at all resonate with what he is saying. cheers for all the raw saldas in the world,it is alive,and it gives us life :)

http://cdn.solidrecipe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Fresh-Spinach-Salad-Photos1.jpg

Lord Sidious
22nd October 2011, 18:09
This is my favourite salad.

http://patternscolorsdesign.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/greek-salad.jpg

merkabagirll
22nd October 2011, 18:27
Raw foods are the best way to alkalize your body. An alkaline body is less likely to harbor dis-ease. I have found that adding 'super-foods' to my (50% raw/organic) diet has given me increased energy, stamina and general sense of well-being. After research and experimentation, I am convinced that 'Super-Foods' are of vital importance to our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. Many of these 'super-foods' regenerate on a cellular level, strengthening our immune system and assisting us in repairing DNA damage. I believe they can be of great support to us through these changing and uncertain times. Examples of 'super-foods' are : blue-green algae, acai, goji, raw cacao, mangosteen, sea buckthorn, maca, hemp, matcha, etc) Hope this helps!

FYI: (Phenethylamine (PEA) is the 'feel-good' ingredient found in pure cacao, also in certain marine phytoplanktons)

NancyV
22nd October 2011, 18:53
This is a great story of how Angela lost 160 pounds on a raw food diet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlT0Mc4cyM

She has now been on the diet for 9 years and there are many more videos she has done on youtube. Angela and her husband, Matt Monarch, run Raw Food World: http://www.therawfoodworld.com/

My husband and I were raw foodists for many months, then raw fruit only. Eventually we went back to more cooked food while remaining vegetarian for 7 years. I am not now a vegetarian although I may go back on raw foods only for a few months because of the health benefits of cleansing. There is no doubt that a raw foods diet can help you loose weight rapidly and can also reverse many diseases. If you are going to go raw I think juicing is essential. It's easier to get a lot of nutrition with fresh juice.

I now feel that total vegetarianism and/or raw foods diet are not the most healthy diet for the long term. My son is still a vegetarian at age 31 and I think he is having too many health problems because of it.

Enjoy your new diet!
Nancy :)

christian
22nd October 2011, 18:56
As we develop spiritually and change vibrationally, maybe our ability to digest certain foods changes.

If one eats like a caveman, I guess one should work out like a caveman, living outside with all the hardships they had, I think the amount of physical exercise per day and also the climatic conditions one lives in should be considered when making a diet-plan, this is common sense.

This article is a classic, showing how the Inuit can be healthy with their very limited diet, making the best out of everything.
http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox

I read about an experiment, where toddlers were given a large variety of food to choose from and the results were, that they chose what was healthy for them (e.g. one who was ill chose codliver oil) and they had no health- or obesity-problems.

As soon as they were offered some food that contained MSG, they became addicted to that and ate way too much.

So it seems, we know instinctively what's good for us, so just go with what feels and tastes right for you and leave chemicals out, I guess. I personally am pretty much a vegan, but occasionally I also like yogurt, cheese, fish, meat or eggs. I have lived in Mongolia for some time and I can tell the difference between yogurt, cheese and meat that is organic as can be and the supermarket stuff, which pales in comparison. Treating plants and animals compassionately is the prime directive.

Siberia9
22nd October 2011, 19:19
At least look into and understand the Primal Diet before you dismiss it. It has been used to reverse cancer for years now, that says alot. http://www.wewant2live.com/

christian
22nd October 2011, 19:31
At least look into and understand the Primal Diet before you dismiss it. It has been used to reverse cancer for years now, that says alot. http://www.wewant2live.com/

Thanks. I have nothing against the Primal Diet per se, anyways cancer preventing info can be found for the vegeterian or vegan diet also and cancer is treated succesfully with minerals, vitamins and whatnot. I guess the most important thing is to leave deliberate toxins like MSG, Aspartame and all the others out and to be moderate with the rest.

58andfixed
22nd October 2011, 19:34
There is so much out there.

Just go slow & steady for a sustainable transition.

Information that helps to shift FROM what one accepts or 'merely believes' assists with living a commitment to a different set of eating choices.

http://www.nealbarnard.org/books.cfm

http://www.nealbarnard.org/images/top.jpg

http://www.nealbarnard.org/images/books/seduction.jpg

merkabagirll
22nd October 2011, 20:29
Raw Foods Raise our Vibration & Strengthen our Life Force
I am most interested in foods that will support me in moving into 5-dimensional frequency. All objects (live or dead) are energy and hold a particular vibrational level. Lifeless objects tend to resonate at a lower frequency vibration, whereas live objects resonate at higher frequencies of vibration. Dead, processed foods have a lower level of vibration and life force, so they provide less life-force energy and tend to lower our vibrational levels. By eating more live, RAW foods, we are able to raise our vibrational levels and strengthen our life-force energy. By raising our vibratory levels, we can become more ‘in tune’ physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually with ourselves, with others and with nature.
You figure whales live on phyto-plankton! It must be very high energy stuff!

music
22nd October 2011, 21:39
Diet is such an emotive subject, isn't it?!
As many will tell you of the benefits of the raw food diet, I just wanted to offer something from "the other side".
This is from the site of Barry Groves, called secondopinions.co.uk and is in the section entitled The Naive Vegetarian:

The second investigation (10) concerned the inedibility of many of today's plant foods in the raw state which contain many anti-nutrients that can damage a wide variety of human physiological systems. These antinutrients include alkylrescorcinols, alpha-amylase inhitors, protease inhibitors, etc. These must be broken down by cooking, and cooking for a long time, before they can be eaten safely. Beans and other legumes although rich in both carbohydrate and protein, also contain protease inhibitors. Starchy roots — yams and cassava — are common staples today, but if not well cooked are very toxic indeed. The cassava even contains cyanide which must be oxidised by heat to make it safe to eat. And apart from the anti-nutrients above, the starch in cereals — wheat, rice, barley, oats, and rye — are also inedible in quantity if not cooked first. Cooking causes the starch granules in the flour to swell and be disrupted by a process called gelatinization Without this the starch much less accessible to digestion by pancreatic amylase. (11) (See also soybeans below.) Unlike meat, which can be easily digested in its raw state, vegetables should really never be eaten raw and cereals should be fermented and then cooked for a very long time before being eaten to neutralise the phytic acid and other toxic anti-nutrients. That fact that we don't do these things is the reason for so much atopic disease — asthma, eczema, and so on — around today.

This is the other extreme, and like all things, balance is probably best. It's true some plant products require cooking, but many others don't. Many foods contain traces of cyanide or arsenic. Evolution is not a static thing, our gut and related organs has evolved somewhat as our diet has changed. I eat raw many fruits and vegetables, many others cooked, some dairy, eggs and meat, but way less meat than most westerners. I would say that the quality of the food you eat, and the proportion of the different foods, is way more important than what diet you follow. I would strongly dispute the statement about asthma and excema - consumption of processed and refined foods, toxic trace elements in our environment, and over-immunisation would be more likely candidates for that trend.

NancyV
22nd October 2011, 23:17
Raw Foods Raise our Vibration & Strengthen our Life Force
I am most interested in foods that will support me in moving into 5-dimensional frequency. All objects (live or dead) are energy and hold a particular vibrational level. Lifeless objects tend to resonate at a lower frequency vibration, whereas live objects resonate at higher frequencies of vibration. Dead, processed foods have a lower level of vibration and life force, so they provide less life-force energy and tend to lower our vibrational levels. By eating more live, RAW foods, we are able to raise our vibrational levels and strengthen our life-force energy. By raising our vibratory levels, we can become more ‘in tune’ physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually with ourselves, with others and with nature.
You figure whales live on phyto-plankton! It must be very high energy stuff!
You're absolutely correct that eating raw raises your vibratory rate. Eating fruit only raises it even more. Along with a few friends who were doing a totally fruit diet (no vegetables, no nuts) for several months, I got to the point where even going shopping was uncomfortable. My friends and husband who were also on the diet had the same experiences. Because you can feel all the energy around you more intensely and sense people's thoughts and feel their mood, etc., it can become a lot more difficult to lead a "normal" life. You can feel and see the vibrations/energy of food and it can really nauseate you just walking around a grocery store filled with junk foods and chemicals. It also became more unpleasant going anywhere where there were people as it is not often comfortable if you constantly feel others feelings and can't turn it off. I would NEVER want to have constant mental telepathy while living here in a human body.

It's one thing to speculate about living with a "5th dimensional" vibration (although I'm not sure if that accurately describes it) and it's another to actually live with a highly raised vibration. I guess that's why many who raise their frequency so high become ascetics, renounce all worldly things and go live somewhere remote. The fastest way to raise your vibration is to eat fruit only. Eventually you should get to where you need only absorb energy from the sun. But having gotten to a state of living with a greatly increased frequency, I found I did not like it after several months.

I decided I was here to participate more in this human life, so the radical diet had to cease. A combination of raw vegetables, fruit and superfoods is a lot more grounding as it does not raise your vibratory rate to as fast a frequency as a diet of only fruit. There is one thing for sure and that is...raw vegetables, fruits and juices are incredibly healing to the body. I think a long term healthy diet would be more along the lines of the "primal diet", including raw or extremely rare meat, milk and eggs.

We each have to experiment to know what suits us. What works for one will not work for all. It not only depends on your metabolic type but each of us are able to handle different degrees of intense frequencies. If you want to be in a 5th dimensional frequency it's a lot easier to just leave your body. You can then experience the higher frequencies out of body. Your astral body or spirit body is designed to handle these frequencies. The human body is designed to deal with earth life and earth energies, which are very dense. In my experience you don't have to maintain any particular diet to be successful at leaving your body, even though many spiritual paths would have you believe otherwise.

Ammit
22nd October 2011, 23:26
Eating raw!!. I juice raw dont know if it is what you wanted but, if you can get the balance right then you will feel fitter, feel better and so full of energy that you will lose sleep. You will lose weight to the extent that without excercise you will trim down, in a natural way.

Hope that helps..

Ammit

Belle
23rd October 2011, 00:03
I have been on a plant based diet for two years now and couldn't imagine eating any other way. I started eating for nutrition and stopped all processed foods about two and a half years ago. I've always had difficulty digesting meat and dairy, so it was easy to drop those from my diet shortly after. The weight literally melted off even though I "graze" all day everyday. Most people are surprised by how much I eat, but I tell them that it's not how much that matters, it's what I am eating that makes the difference.

The reward...at the age of 60 I am about as healthy as you can get...normal blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. I take no pills for anything. Have lots of energy and can actually keep up with my 3 year old grandson!

I don't always eat raw, not yet anyway. Trying to find recipes proved to be the most difficult...I'm not really a vegetarian or vegan, and I don't eat soy. I let my body "tell" me what it needs.

I did find a lot of information as well as some yummy recipes by googling "plant based diet". Maybe googling "raw food diets" would help you find the information you're looking for.

Ammit
23rd October 2011, 00:22
By choosing raw as in juicing, your first requirement is to look at your body, what will it need nutrician wise as i did, im rather large and need a little more shall we say. 1 stone per month weight loss is not hard to achieve but you need to give your body what it needs NOW!!!!

Work out what you need before you start.

If you want recipes then pm me.

Ethereal Blue Being
23rd October 2011, 00:34
HIghly recommend David "Avacado" Wolfe many New york times bestsellers many videos some free on you tube and his website . Be sure to watch the interview he does with David Wilcock ( they are close friends) done earlier this year at Davids Noniland in Hawaii. He even tells you how to transition and is an amazing source of superfoods info.. he"s amazing and my go to expert on such things he credits his sources . He grows super foods too.He is also a whistleblower for FDA, Codex Alimentarius. .. He brings up ancient archaeology irregularities..

music
23rd October 2011, 02:56
Eating raw!!. I juice raw dont know if it is what you wanted but, if you can get the balance right then you will feel fitter, feel better and so full of energy that you will lose sleep. You will lose weight to the extent that without excercise you will trim down, in a natural way.

Hope that helps..

Ammit

Juicing is a great way to eat raw foods!

Lord Sidious
23rd October 2011, 04:17

Hope that helps..

Ammit

Juicing is a great way to eat raw foods!

It can be, but it isn't a substitute for chewing the food.
There are several things missing when you simply juice the fruit and veges, one is that the chewing action stimulates the production of chemicals in the body, needed for full digestion of the food.
And another is the action on the teeth and gums, another part of eating.
AND, an important thing to take into account is that if you juice fruit and drink the juice, you are getting a concentrated version with much natural sugar and not all the flesh.
As they say, all good things in moderation!
Except heavy metal and harley davidsons, of course! :cool:

jorr lundstrom
23rd October 2011, 04:37
Well nugget, you can inhale them too.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/morotinsan.jpg

Seikou-Kishi
23rd October 2011, 23:35
Thank you all for your helpful and insightful posts, you've certainly given me an awful lot to digest... ha sorry ;-)

@ktlight: I'd never heard of parasites living beneath the surface of root vegetables. Is the zapping procedure the Bob Becker style electrocution?

@Amesynthia: So sorry. Here to say that something cannot be done 'for love nor money' means that an effort is consistently proving fruitless. I do have an edge on this raw food thing when it comes to meat because I usually eat my meat raw, blue or rare. My brother informed me that cooked meat is full of heterocyclic amines which treble the likelihood of stomach cancer.

@Limor: Thank you so much :D I will enjoy sifting through those links

@merkabagirl: I completely agree with your experiences. I know just from cutting out the rubbish that the body feels lighter, clearer and more energised, and I don't even eat that much rubbish. It really is quiet astounding how dreary just a little unhealthy food can make one feel. That's really helpful, thank you; I actually have a few goji berry plants that I bought this year to plant near blueberries. Not only do they taste great, they're very healthy. Oh and cacao! I absolutely love the stuff. I actually couldn't stand dark chocolate but I weaned myself off milk chocolate onto cacao nibs and I wouldn't go back for all the tea in China — it's so much nicer than that sickly sweet, cloying crap everybody goes mad for... I actually often make an alcoholic drink with cacao nibs which is awesome, but I wouldn't dream of pretending it were still a healthy thing... although... maybe it's just a cacao tincture... lol ;-)

I definitely agree with you about the energy of the food being important. To me, the energy of the food is the most important part and nourishment as surely as is the physical aspect of the food. Our bodies are made up of what we eat: as our cells die and are replaced, they use the substances we have eaten and stored in order to do that. It stands to reason that better quality building materials make for a sturdier edifice and it seems obvious to me that the same holds true both for the body and the subtler parts of the living being. A pregnant woman serves as a great example: she craves what her body requires, and what she doesn't have, to constitute a new body for a new life. I firmly believe that a mother can best prepare her children for new life by determining herself to build them up, in their beginning, with only the very best of ingredients. Even a smoking and drinking mother will go without these things during her pregnancy even if her resolve waivers before or afterwards. That, to me, is the greatest sign of a pious and devoted mother which, really, is nearly all of them.

@NancyV: The point you raise has concerned me somewhat. Medically speaking, I'm in the best weight bracket for my height and I'm concerned that switching to a raw food diet might push me under my desired weight. I've decided that the best bet to prevent undue weight-loss is to eat enough food to get energy and also to ensure I get enough fats and oils as from nuts and fish, etc.. Given the right amount of oils, I'm not sure energy is something I will actually need to pursue, as from sweet fruits, honey or starchy vegetables, but I thought I'd leave my thoughts here for those who may be thinking the same thing.

I am given to agree with you that a fruit-only diet must be the most energising of all for the reason I gave above (about a mother giving the best to her growing child). It is not hard to imagine that when a tree creates its fruit, it does so to provide nourishment for the seed that will grow from it. I cannot deny that fruits are often made appetising so that animals eat them and thereby spread their seeds, but I would contend that very often fruits drop to the ground before and rot before they are eaten, and the decaying fruit takes the place of plant food. Because these fruits are intended, at least in part, to contribute to the life of a new tree and therefore the continuation of the species, they will be provided with the very best of nutrition both in physical, chemical terms and in spiritual, energetic terms.

@Chiquetet: Ha I thought the same thing too. Is it really a caveman diet if I haven't gone out and shot the deer myself, or sent my cave-wife out to forage for our berries? It's certainly true that people could benefit from exerting themselves more, but a raw food diet is actually a lot less calorific than most modern foods; if anybody needs to go out chasing animals for most of the daylight hours, it's surely those who have take-away food and fizzy drinks, rather than those who take their blueberries from the bush (I cannot recommend growing one's own fruit highly enough; there's a very satisfying feeling walking through trees weighed down with big succulent fruits and picking one off as one walks :D)

That experiment is amazing. I'll have to look it up. I've often seen very small children being fed fast food by their own mothers and I feel so sorry for the whole situation. Surely the mother wants what is best for her child. If only she knew.

@Ammit: Thanks! I have a juicer I hardly ever use... it's about time I took it out and put it through its paces :-)

Seikou-Kishi
23rd October 2011, 23:43
By choosing raw as in juicing, your first requirement is to look at your body, what will it need nutrician wise as i did, im rather large and need a little more shall we say. 1 stone per month weight loss is not hard to achieve but you need to give your body what it needs NOW!!!!

Work out what you need before you start.

If you want recipes then pm me.

There is so much truth to what you say. I have an overweight friend who does everything she can to try to loose the weight (unfortunately they're only ever faddy diets that would kill her as a normal nutritional regimen) and I'm annoyed to see how many people seem to think the answer to obesity is to just stop eating until the weight has gone. Every now and again when she's disheartened with her faddy diets, I'll suggest she try something more healthy and just cut out the rubbish but she says a little bit of what one fancies does one good (I hope one day she sees that what she fancies now she will get over one day and prefer to avoid it) and I have to say to her that she should either try to lose the weight or learn to love herself as she is. There's nothing really wrong with being overweight (health being one's own prerogative) unless it's making her unhappy. But then, I couldn't deprive her of something to moan about lol ;-)

merkabagirll
24th October 2011, 03:20
POSTED BYhttp://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?139-NancyV
It's one thing to speculate about living with a "5th dimensional" vibration (although I'm not sure if that accurately describes it) and it's another to actually live with a highly raised vibration. I guess that's why many who raise their frequency so high become ascetics, renounce all worldly things and go live somewhere remote. The fastest way to raise your vibration is to eat fruit only. Eventually you should get to where you need only absorb energy from the sun. But having gotten to a state of living with a greatly increased frequency, I found I did not like it after several months.

The sense I have of the dimensional shift/ascension or (??) we are experiencing is an increase in vibrational frequency.
http://ascension-temple.com/ascension-raising-your-vibrational-frequency.html

"We no longer need to leave our bodies in order to ascend.
We can raise our vibration and walk into the higher realms of light.
Ascension is physical, emotional, mental and spiritual ascension
Raising the vibrational frequency of all lower bodies into a unified love-light field
We are ascending from one dimension of reality to another, less concerned with physical survival and more with raising our vibratory forms to that of lightbody
When we consistently maintain a loving vibration we experience a rise in vibrational frequency and begin to in-body 5th dimensional qualtities of love and creativity

Ascension is being fully in-bodied yet vibrating at the highest possible frequency."

jack
24th October 2011, 03:41
I'm sure there's a thread on here about raw food diets, but I can't find one for love nor money. Does anybody know where I might find some information or have some tips to share?

I can tell you that hulled hemp hearts (hemp seeds) are the most nutritious and protein packed little thing with all of the essential amino acids that the body needs for muscle and organ repair and maintenence.

A huge problem for a lot of people when they decide to go raw is where to find all of the amino-acids (proteins) required for a healthy body. One could eat a lot more greens then neccesary or just start supplementing a large part of their diet with hemp seeds. Studies have shown that a sugar sized bag of hulled hemp seeds alone can keep a grown man going for a week.

We humans are not meat eaters anyways. Our intestines are too long for a start. Most predator animals which eat raw meat have a much shorter digestive system and stomach acid that is ten times more acidic then a humans. We are the only animals on this planet that has to cook our food in order to eat it. Our stomachs simply cannot cope with the digestion of raw meats for prolonged periods. Most people are tired and sluggish all of the time and always seem to be suffering from some disease or another. Studies have shown time after time that once on a fully balanced raw food diet 100% of people notice an overwhelming sense of wellbeing and calm when compared to their former demeanor.

There are plenty of scare stories circulating that the sceptics are citing in order to discredit the practise and all of these are down to the wrong implication of the knowledge. The person most likely embarked upon the diet without adequate knowledge, Failed to get the required nutrients, Lost loads of weight, Got sick and didnt get better until he started eating hamburgers again on a regular basis.

Good luck with this, theres a lot of disinformation and complication of the whole subject out there.

Jay
24th October 2011, 05:06
George H. Malkmus Hallelujah Acres has been popular here http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_whynotallraw.html
Not easy for me. following a quote from site:
"The raw diet recommended by Dr. Malkmus with the inclusion of 15% cooked food is an excellent diet, and many people are making this work for them with good results.
For other people, however, adherence to 100% raw food is easier to maintain because:
1) Cooked foods are addictive. For some people eating even a little cooked food, leads to more and more cooked food consumption, until they are back where they started... on a cooked food diet.
2) Then they know exactly what they are going to choose and don't have to bother figuring out what 15% cooked means in terms of weight (of the food) and/or portions.
People on the 100% raw diet can obtain more calories, if necessary, by eating sprouted legumes and some sprouted grains. Nuts, seeds, avocados, coconuts, flaxseed and flaxseed oil in moderation are also excellent sources of more calories, providing the much needed "essential fatty acids".

It is to our advantage to always slow down our eating in order to chew our food well. This applies whether one is eating raw OR cooked food. It is a good habit that can be cultivated, and it brings maximum digestive and assimilative benefits.
Energy comes from having a clean body, it doesn't generally depend on food. Experienced fasters know that you can experience what is referred to as "a fasting high". Lots of energy is the hallmark of a fasting high.

There is some truth to the contention that if you don't get enough calories you will not meet your metabolic or energy needs, but I think, in many cases, lack of energy has more to do with toxicity and/or nutrient deficiencies."