PDA

View Full Version : The Noetic

Steven
23rd June 2010, 19:38
Hello everyone. I often read people making a simple confusion between wishful thinking and focused thought. There is a big difference between the two. A maintain focused thought/feeling is not wishful thinking. But instead of elaborating pages of personal explaination, which I did in the past ;) I will present a new science; The Neotic.

Here is a definition from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noetic_theory

Noetic theory or noŽtics (from Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language) νοητικός "mental" from νοεῖν "to think" from νοῦς - noŻs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nous)) is a branch of metaphysical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics)philosophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy) concerned with the study of mind and intuition, and its relationship with the divine intellect. Among its principal purposes is the study of the effects of perceptions, beliefs, and intention with on human consciousness[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noetic_theory#cite_note-0).

The theory of noetics centers around the idea that the human mind is capable of affecting work or events or even doing work in the physical world. It is suggested that thought and spirit are not in fact imaginary, but are Bose or photon based,[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noetic_theory#cite_note-1) meaning essentially that the mind can be quantified by formulae which describe quantum materials such as light. This is a radical conclusion where many people think thoughts are weightless. Just as gravity affects all matter, so do thoughts to an apparent lesser degree. Psychokinesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychokinesis), more often called telekinesis, is concerned with the direct influence of mind on matter.

Noetics is controversial, but research grounded in scientific approach has brought the subject into a more serious light in recent years. Many members of academia in the fields of medicine, biology, psychology, philosophy, and physics believe in and study the effect of thoughts on the physical world, from health effects to throwing dice. Though skepticism has often surrounded this field of science, research aims to both quantify and make known the power of the human mind. It won a special highlight in the Dan Brown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Brown) book, The Lost Symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Symbol), where noetics were a central theme.

Here is an institute of research dedicated to neotic: http://www.noetic.org/index.cfm

Created by Edgar Mitchel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Noetic_Sciences

The power of consciousness not only over matter, but over realities is just opening up into the human awareness. It is just the begining...

Namaste, Steven

lindabaker
23rd June 2010, 20:01
Thanks for the info. I remember knowing the power of the humans when I was born. Why does the knowledge and remembering go away at age 5 or so? We need to study this "forgetting" in more detail. I call it "causing the children to forget their spirits", or "crushing their spirits." I can tell by the look in my students' eyes whether or not they are spiritually knocked off center. When we stop causing the forgetting in the children, we will be free.

Baelsfire
24th June 2010, 04:35
Ions is a great site, it annoys me somewhat that its only through the works of Dan Brown that significantly more people are now paying attention to it... though i'll get over it lol. Ive always like their Psi Games, and have participated in them on and off for some 5 years or more now.

Check out their Halls of Healing and the Garden of Dreams. (http://www.noetic.org/research/psi.cfm) I have found them an invaluable tool in development and fun excercise - I'm sure many others will do too (if not already!)

Steven
24th June 2010, 11:52
Thanks for your feedback Linda and Baelsfire. There are so many studies in the world about the power of the spirit. Some are simply just amazing. I remember reading one experienced in Israel. A group of scientific with technicians gathered a small group of thirty people. During a month, they were asked to focus on peace, friendship and harmony in some of the most dangerous and violent part of Israel and Palestine. Surprisingly, during these 30 days, there was no act of violence, the crime rate went drastically down, the attention of the kids at school went up, even the army and police force noticed the difference without knowing what was the cause. Unfortunately, after the experience was done, the study's result was not made public. It stayed in secrecy and it was only because of some participant's feedback that the information came out.

I also remember a study published by the Russian ministry of health. It was about an experimentation done with a large family in which the father was struck by cancer. They gathered the family members, about 20 people, and asked them to regularly, pray and meditate on the father's recovery. The knew what kind of symbolic focus was to be made, on what part of the body and with the right emotion to sustain the focused thought. So the group was very well supported and during these days, the cancer stop progressing. After a couple weeks, the cancer regressed, supported by a very strict healthy nutrition diet. Unfortunately, the study stops there and doesn't mention if the father completely recovered or not...

There are a great number of these kind of study all around the globe. But ultimately, it is also quite easy to do your own experimentation. It only takes some time, regularity, stillness and passion.

Namaste, Steven

pilotsimone
25th June 2010, 05:12
It only takes some time, regularity, stillness and passion.

Steven,

Would you mind sharing how you do this personally? For instance...how long each day? Do you put out the intent beforehand and then let your mind be still? Or do you focus on certain words/images in your mind throughout the meditation? I could use the inspiration. :)

Thank you for posting. I'm highly interested in experimenting!

Steven
25th June 2010, 12:34
Steven,

Would you mind sharing how you do this personally? For instance...how long each day? Do you put out the intent beforehand and then let your mind be still? Or do you focus on certain words/images in your mind throughout the meditation? I could use the inspiration. :)

Thank you for posting. I'm highly interested in experimenting!

With great pleasure Pilotsimone!

The reply will be incomplete because in such a topic, there is so much to say! But I will definitely give you some ideas here and there. The whole exercise is a constant dialogue with the Spirit of Creation. The Universe is living and is a being of relationship, a being of communication. Between each of us, and Creation, love circulates.

Stillness of the mind: First things first, your state of being, heart and mind, have to be quiet. It can take some times to calm down, but it is important to be in resonance with Creation. It is not essential to accomplish a complete stillness, but at least to calm down and have a peace at heart. It is diving into the inner realm. Personally, I use a whole bunch of different techniques, but my favorite are to concentrate on different aspect of Nature, like "calm waters at night". I stick my mind on this thought for a while, being conscious of all the little sparks of the outer world that wants to take me out. It usually takes me 2 or 3 minutes to achieve a certain quietness.

State of consciousness: While calming down my heart and mind, I endorse a "cloth of gratitude". It is to be in resonance with Creation. I want to "vibrate" at the frequencies of being thankful for all that I am, all that I do and all that I have. I focus on "thanks" that I communicate to Creation, using my own symbolical inner language. Like "seeing myself kneeling to Earth kissing its green fur". It takes less than a minute. After I put on my "gratitude clothing", I want to create an emotion of love in my heart. To "enfeel" love, I simply imagine beings who I deeply love, like my kids and wife. "Seeing myself with my boys in my arms" is by far the most powerful images to produce instantly this sudden love in my heart.

A clear intention: When I feel this love, I tell my intention to Creation with a clear picture in mind. For the Golf of Mexico, I would imagine the map of the Golf in my head, than I would imagine clear crystalline waters of an ocean saying to Creation, that is what I want for the Golf of Mexico, by the power of love, the same love that I feel for my kids. And I would stick on this "movie" for several minutes, seeing crystalline water pouring in the Golf and its pure molecule of H2O like if I was watching a movie. While focused on this simple thought, I would progressively feel a joy in my heart. Because I have faith in the process, and I know how much powerful our spirit is meant to be.

Faith/trust allowance: I would avoid falling in the "how" this could be done, but rather play a make believe game with myself, acting like if it was "the reality". Because I know reality born first into consciousness. I would end my focus with many "grateful thanks". Not thanks because of what Creation will accomplish for me, but rather thanks for what Creation does for me. It is not an intention that will come to be true in a future reality, but rather an intention that is already shaping the reality.

The whole process will take about 10 minutes, but during the day, I would come back to this picture of crystalline waters in the golf of Mexico, quietly saying thanks in the secret of my heart.

To achieve a better stillness of the mind, I do this very soon in the morning, while "the world is still asleep". And I close my day of focus just before getting in the "world of dreams". During the day, I keep this focus "at the back of my mind" like a treasure in my heart where I come back regularly to cherish taking only seconds of my time.

I could say much, much more. If you have more in mind, just ask freely, I will be glad to go further.

Namaste, Steven

pilotsimone
25th June 2010, 15:15
Steven,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me understand your process. It's an excellent starting place for me and is very, very helpful. I am going to experiment with it for a few days and see how it goes. I really like the idea of using my children to create the emotion of love in my heart. I see why it works in an instant!

Blessings to you and your family!

Steven
25th June 2010, 16:42
Steven,

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me understand your process. It's an excellent starting place for me and is very, very helpful. I am going to experiment with it for a few days and see how it goes. I really like the idea of using my children to create the emotion of love in my heart. I see why it works in an instant!

Blessings to you and your family!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you will try it out. Because really, it has to come to this to fully taste and observe the impact on the reality and in our life. There are so many critics that would simply vanished if people would give it a serious and dedicated try.

The parasites: There are of course many things in our life that prevent us from achieving the highest goals. I call them the parasites ;) One of them is the incredible amount of objects in our surrounding, be it at home or at work or wherever. It is a real pollution for the consciousness to see and "deal" with all these objects. I'm talking about all these plastic gadgets that invade our environment, lol. So, one good thing is to clean up the space where we got a certain control, our home. At the subconscious level, all these material objects are processed and subtly "employs" our consciousness for things that simply doesn't matter. While meditating and visualizing, you need all your spirit to yourself, the less outside disturbance the better. Music and sounds are the same. It goes for all the stuff in our life that uses a part of consciousness and is not in resonance with the focus thought. Some "outside effect" would help, like certain sound frequencies (real solfeggio), but it has to be in resonance with the focus, it has to give you fuel for a deeper meditation and not take you out. Sometimes, the environment is simply too noisy of objects, sounds, smell or whatever else that it is better to simply wait and look for a better time and a better place.

Namaste, Steven

lindabaker
25th June 2010, 16:51
Regarding the parasites: Great thinking! The author of the Four Agreements, Dr. Ruiz, talks about the parasites. He says that it is that inner chatter or voice, the one that is so caught up in the negative thoughts, the one that constantly tells us that we can't do things...We must identify our parasite and tell it to take a hike. So to speak. It takes practice, but once recognized, it is easier and easier to throw off.

Baelsfire
25th June 2010, 17:02
great, happy, thread btw :)

RedeZra
25th June 2010, 22:01
God gets far too less credit for all the good things in the worlds

who do you think listens and answers the prayers

who do you think is the source of inspiration and intuition

it is admirable that people are upright and virtuous

and as a consequence can achieve remarkable things

but only God can do what is impossible

Baelsfire
25th June 2010, 22:18
That would entirely depend on your understanding and definition of God and how it differentiates from your being and enviroment, needs and desires.

norman
25th June 2010, 22:26
As long as Noeticism doesn't have a defensively denied flip side, I'll give it a little creedence.

So far, so good.

I'd bet it gets out of hand if it 'catches on' though. Remember "Prosperity Conciousness"!?, anyone?:banplease:

RedeZra
25th June 2010, 23:01
That would entirely depend on your understanding and definition of God and how it differentiates from your being and enviroment, needs and desires.

you must understand

that some speak of experience

when God is a fact

it matters not how we understand and define

but if you say no God says no

and if you say yes God says yes

Baelsfire
25th June 2010, 23:27
Apologies to Steven for taking the bait and going off-topic. No Disrespect intended.

Redezra, Perhaps if you wish to put forth your beliefs and what you regard as fact and why, then we should continue this in a different topic.

RedeZra
25th June 2010, 23:51
Apologies to Steven for taking the bait and going off-topic. No Disrespect intended.

Steven is used to my God talk in his topics lol

I bask

in an omnipresent omnipotent and omniscient ocean of compassionate consciousness

which I call God or the Great spirit

and so do you

whatever you call it

It sees you and It knows you

It wants to make your dream come true

Baelsfire
26th June 2010, 00:10
Well, there we have similarities in view and we also have quite different views/beliefs. I myself see everything as God. You, I, your shoes, your holy socks, the stones on the beach, the grand universe... neigh... the multiverse.. is God. Or to be more clear, an aspect of God.

Im also inclined to think that spending too long in dreams will cause neglect in the shaping of reality.

frank samuel
26th June 2010, 00:13
Steven as you know through our diverse research we share similar conclusions. Focus intent creates incredible results . Each one of us can recreate our perceive reality, as humans we are just beginning to rediscover our true potential . Thank you Steven very good thread.

Many many blessings to all.:wub:

Steven
26th June 2010, 00:55
Regarding the parasites: Great thinking! The author of the Four Agreements, Dr. Ruiz, talks about the parasites. He says that it is that inner chatter or voice, the one that is so caught up in the negative thoughts, the one that constantly tells us that we can't do things...We must identify our parasite and tell it to take a hike. So to speak. It takes practice, but once recognized, it is easier and easier to throw off.

This is very true Linda. By the way, I really enjoyed this book from Dr. Ruiz, it is still in my mind. The Ego sometimes gets a bit loud and is often driven by fear and disillusion. As the Zen philosophy says, we got to travel deep inside and tame the ox.

Redezra, Perhaps if you wish to put forth your beliefs and what you regard as fact and why, then we should continue this in a different topic.

It is quite fine Baelfire, everything as a purpose and I am glad you appeared on the thread. We have like mind and much in common.

Steven is used to my God talk in his topics lol

Yes, Redezra and me are old buddies, lol. He always come by and he is very welcome. We do not have the same perspective, but I really appreciate his. It obliges me to go further into my ideas ;)

Steven as you know through our diverse research we share similar conclusions. Focus intent creates incredible results . Each one of us can recreate our perceive reality, as humans we are just beginning to rediscover our true potential . Thank you Steven very good thread.

Many many blessings to all.:wub:

Thank you Frank! Your inputs are always rich and wise. And you certainly have experienced much in this field, your own experiences are very welcome in this thread.

Namaste, Steven

Steven
26th June 2010, 01:18
This is for you PilotSimone,

Attitude toward life: Between meditation/prayer time, we are back to our common day-to-day activities and our attitude in general is determinant on the outcome of the focused thought. For example, if we ask Creation (God for Redezra) ;) and focus on a clean Golf of Mexico, but in our day-to-day life we are behaving like a spoiled child and value nothing, the contradiction will simply oppose the focused thought and the process is greatly weakened. On the other hand, if you take a second every time you use something essential in your life to say thanks in the secret of your heart and to bless this simple thing, like a glass of water, your day-to-day time will be rapidly filled with blessing opportunities. Your heart and general attitude will shift to gratefulness. You will be bathed into your own blessings and this will give you an already state of consciousness in resonance with your focus thought. No need to calm yourself that much before meditation time, your own frequencies would be high regularly. There are so many opportunities to be grateful and send blessings. As you wake up, the bed you have is a reason to say thanks, the shower you take is another, the apple you eat, the cup of coffee you drink, the smiles you get from others, the smiles you give, the shelter you leave for work, the transportation you use, the work you have, the friends, the sky, the birds, the winds, even the air you breath is reason enough to be grateful to exist and send blessings to the Universe (God for Redezra) to tell him/her you are happy and want more of it! I call it wearing the robe of gratitude all day long. This small habit is so much, I couldn't emphasize this enough, so much powerful, it is protective, it is attractive, it is the way of the saints, but so simple and so accessible.

Namaste, Steven

RedeZra
26th June 2010, 01:31
beautiful put Steven

when head heart and hands work in unison towards harmony

one becomes a Mahatma - a Great soul

Yes, Redezra and me are old buddies, lol. He always come by and he is very welcome. We do not have the same perspective, but I really appreciate his. It obliges me to go further into my ideas

tnx buddy

see Steven is not stuck in his ideas

unlike me lol