PDA

View Full Version : Children Full Of Life-Please look at this.

Libra
23rd October 2011, 15:32
A very good friend of mine sent me this link. I'm not sure if has been posted before however I've no doubt many have not seen this. Personally I keep so much stuff locked up inside which made this documentary extremely powerful. I'm no expert but for me, this is education.

armP8TfS9Is

Oc7S8HAfDzk

jd7YWx7idfE

OEW65OKRiAk

5FGdXEBcdh4

Lifebringer
23rd October 2011, 17:07
Thank you Libra, I felt hope and joy for the world witnessing the compassion and unity of these very young souls to learn that life on it's own terms is not always fair when a loved one dies and is missed, but to also know they aren't alone to face these terms in life. The friendship of their classmates will be a lasting impression as they grow older. I sometimes wish that the same issues were in American classes to teach that bullying is not right and as the teacher said, dig into the reason for the foolish behavior and disruptions to classmates.
Respect for one's fellow classmates is the beginning of true friendship and sociability in the world.

Thank you and I'm so happy for them.

transiten
23rd October 2011, 17:22
Thankyou Libra. I was celebtating 3 Librans yesterday and their Suns conjoin my Libra Moon and for the first time in years i was playing with children. I've been working a lot with children as a teacher and performer. This documentary made me cry a river both for the beauty of it and the difficult memories it evoked from my own childhood.

Amysenthia
23rd October 2011, 17:27
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST. I could not get through it without tearing up. This is the way teaching should be in our country. The problem is that teachers are so overwhelmed teaching students to regurgitate facts for state tests they have not time for this type of teaching.

Kindred
23rd October 2011, 17:42
Thank you Libra, ... I sometimes wish that the same issues were in American classes to teach that bullying is not right and as the teacher said, dig into the reason for the foolish behavior and disruptions to classmates.
Respect for one's fellow classmates is the beginning of true friendship and sociability in the world.

Thank you and I'm so happy for them.

I too feel this. THIS is what is needed to create a New Earth Paradigm. True Teaching, Not the rote memorization of facts and figures. Understanding the fact that All This is an Experience - one that needs to be cherished and nurtured, just as All children should be.

We have lost so much in terms of our humanity. We need to recapture this Essence Of Life - to create Happiness, Understanding, Empathy and Joy, beginning with our youth, all in the process of Learning via the creation of new experiences centered in Love. For Love is All there Is.

In Unity and Peace

Ineffable Hitchhiker
23rd October 2011, 17:56
Thank you for posting this. I watched this a while back and was also moved to tears.
A great reminder that somewhere, someone IS making a difference.
Their efforts are just not broadcast on the Main Stream Media.
Here´s to more Toshiro Kanamoris. :humble:

I did also post a link to the documentary in Dennis Leahy´s great thread A note to my daughter´s teacher. (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30547-A-note-to-my-daughter-s-teachers)
There are some wonderful posts in there. Well worth a read.

shadowstalker
23rd October 2011, 18:25
LOVE, LAUGHTER,TEARS, Reigns supreme in this video.
It will be a sad day when this teacher dies.
I hope the children remember him, and Carry on his teachings.

And I hope any teacher in the states & world wide learn from him and his students.
This video should go viral...

mosquito
24th October 2011, 05:45
Well, I was in tears all of the way through that, so you SO much for posting it.
Anyone who is or who wants to be a teacher should chuck their PGCE in the bin where it belongs and watch this.

The headmistress of the primary school where I work said to me the other day that she doesn't care what qualifications a teacher has, the most important thing is for them to love children. Obvious, yes ? Evidently not for the imbeciles in charge of education in the West. Notice how he comforted the children when they needed it, as indeed we do in China. Do that in the UK and not only do you lose your job, you end up on a "sex-offenders" register. In some UK schools, children aren't even allowed to touch each other !! Hasn't it occured to anyone in authority that what what they're producing is a nation of emotionally retarded psycopaths. Perhaps that's the plan.

I loved the way he dealt with the behaviour issue on raft day, and had to laugh, I knew exactly what he was going through ! I also knew full well that the courage and strength of character the little lad showed by speaking up for his friend would not go unrewarded.

The letters they wrote on the death of their friend's father - most adults couldn't write anything so heartfelt.

Enough, that's really made my day and given me encouragement. And I agree, this should go viral !

Limor Wolf
24th October 2011, 08:35
yes,me too..the tears..Thank you Libra for posting this documantry,and to everyone here that posted their thoughts and feelings ~

I will also do my best to forword it to others,so it will show the different posibilities to our life and mostly to that of our children. teachers who put an emphasis on how to live a happy life,how to care for other people,where they treat young students as individuals with complexed emotions and not as Part of a herd,are HEALERS in my opinion. A school that combine in its curriculum the most important 'science' of what it really means to be a human being is to be congratulated and appreciated.

To let children express their natural empathy from young age,instead of repressing and having to 'play tough',is a Recipe for an advanced society. maybe than we can aspire to join similar species out there.

what a magnificent adults those children will become! and what a healthy society they will build!

better learn,and implement.

Corncrake
24th October 2011, 11:00
What a wonderful documentary and a very different perspective on education in Japan. I agree with most of the comments already printed here so won't repeat them. If anyone has a spare couple of hours (!) another wonderful film I saw on education about seven years ago is the French documentary 'Avoir Etre' - a beautiful very slow film about a teacher in a rural village in France.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcqQuoWnFI

WhiteFeather
24th October 2011, 11:42
Very Inspiring and Heartfelt, this should be shown to all the Western Civilization School Teachers In The USA,. A lesson for the teachers indeed. Thank You for this Thread!

eric charles
24th October 2011, 12:10
Man its nice to see Children Happy like that , Children who jump for joy when seeing their teacher . Its nice to see kids just being kids , not told to shut up or you will go to the office like here in North America !

Happiness , it is what is all about in the end game , dont you think ? If everybody would be happy , and not have to worry and stress about this ****ty rat race life , this world would be such a better one to live in , Happiness coupled with a good education we could make wonders

Samsara
24th October 2011, 12:44
Thank you so much for this thread. I'm still sobbing from watching it. Beauty sometimes makes me cry. It gives me hope that it CAN be different. I often worry for my grandson who will be going to school next year (I know, worrying doesn't change a thing!) thinking that they'll screw him up big time! But then again, I pray that he will be in a class with an enlightened teacher. This proves to me that it can be. So it is.

I just loved whe he said : Let people live in your heart. This is very powerful...

Again, thank you!

Namaste

mosquito
25th October 2011, 02:36
What a shame such a beautiful video as this now ends up slipping into oblivion as Avalon gets filled up with more keyboard masturbation threads

seko
25th October 2011, 14:04
This is one the most remarkable videos I've seen in PA. This is a fantastic way of educating the kids, showing them love, respect and the most important, letting them share their feelings with the rest. Many people in their lives, don't talk, don't know how to share their feelings and don't want to be ridiculed by friends or family by doing so.

Be happy, that;s the reason why they go there, just to be happy.

They love their teacher as well, how weird is that?!! My teachers weren't like that, I used to feel respect for them, but not love and happiness like this kids. Beautiful!!