PDA

View Full Version : All is not lost: Inner peace versus outward struggle

jack
24th October 2011, 01:07
The more we try to change what is outside of ourselves in order to bring internal peace and happiness the more and more inner turmoil we will suffer.

The more we suffer inner turmoil, the more we project it out into the world. We are what we do, if we dabble in negative subjects it will influence our being. Dont roll in the mud if you dont want to get dirty. So really all we are doing by trying to change circumstances outside of ourselves is getting caught up in the drama of it all. Protests, Sit downs, Occupations, Campaigning, it all draws us into the energy of the situation. And so we become it, often without realising. And when you are it, its very difficult to see that you have become one with the world wich you are so desperatly trying to oppose.

So when our bodies are holding the energy of whatever we are giving most of our attention too, that is the energy we will then express out into the world via our actions and our words. And we will always no matter what take on the energy of that which we give most of our focus too. Consider it an unwritten law of the universe.

So all of the campaigning, the anti-this, the anti-that is intrinsically counterproductive. Our only option if we wish to bring as much peace into this world as is possible, is too first focus on bringing that peace into our own bodies. To do this it is very important to realise that we must turn our backs on all that we feel is 'important'. This can be a very difficult decision for anybody who is passionate in bringing about change for the better on this planet.

But we always take on the energy of that which we give focus too. So by turning our back on the world - consider it a little vacation, and focusing on bringing about peace in our own bodies we can then take on the energy of a new peaceful situation which we will then express out into the world.

This is why positive change has never come about in this world, people have been indoctrinated from cradle to grave to believe that to bring about change it must be a great struggle and may involve rambo style warpaint and an Ak-47. All it really involves is a scented candle and a quite space.

Unified Serenity
24th October 2011, 01:14
I don't appreciate your topic title... seems like you are begging for clicks. Your post was interesting otherwise, just not what I was expecting.

jack
24th October 2011, 01:19
I don't appreciate your topic title... seems like you are begging for clicks. Your post was interesting otherwise, just not what I was expecting.

Usually people are happy when they find out all is not lost =)

Providence
24th October 2011, 01:20
I agree with you to an extent. but I don't think the two are diametrically opposed. I struggle with this too, whether I should just shut out the world and live my own life rather than to be involved at any level. I am at peace in my life and heart. I am living in heaven not hell everyday. And with that, I feel that knowing the truth about certain situations also provides you with a better overall perspective that when shared can be beneficial to others. I feel as if it is my responsibility, and likely a portion of my own personal growth, my reason for being, to stand for the truth, to stand with those who oppose injustice, to be a part of the solution, no matter how minute my contribution.

24th October 2011, 01:27
I am a different type.,,more of a warrior/monk person. If I don't take some sort of action, then my life will not go right in other areas.

another bob
24th October 2011, 01:37
Greetings, Friends!

Rather than continue to entertain this idea or that about what we are supposed to be doing, creating false dichotomies in the meantime like inside/outside, how about just recognizing that each moment will present to us exactly what needs our doing or not doing. We don't need a game plan. We just need to pay attention, and a good way to do that is to stop superimposing our conditioned and conditional notions on what is.

Blessings!

firstlook
24th October 2011, 01:45
This is why positive change has never come about in this world, people have been indoctrinated from cradle to grave to believe that to bring about change it must be a great struggle and may involve rambo style warpaint and an Ak-47. All it really involves is a scented candle and a quite space.

This is a debatable statement. Not in that you can change things by fighting someone, but in that when people sit down and go to a quiet space....it is a struggle. Thoughts must be worked out. What your asking people to do is to change paradigms. Indeed thats what everyone in this community wants. And believe it or not I see people all around whether they go back and forth from opposing something to creating something, who change everyday in different ways. Artists, philosophers, scientists, and just everyday people. People dropping dogma in order to search for something more fulfilling even if its scary.

I would argue that we as "truthers" are just as tribal as anyone else. We are looking to get people to join this holographic movement without making people feel guilty about it. We want people to change because they feel inner power because of it.

IMO change is like time itself. Its not specifically determined at any one point because its a constant struggle. We may look at someone who lives in old ideals as in a position of fear, thus finding the urge to fight for survival based on certain ideals. So there is a struggle. Its the struggle of constant love and acceptance. I assume this is what you are talking about. I totally agree.

But I think positive changed has come about this world for a long time. We tend to ignore it because its just not talked about openly. People for the most part IMO go home to reflect about how to stay positive. Even if they are using old ideals, I still see alot of effort in restraining there competitive side toward others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48K5Y0421Ig

Deborah (ahamkara)
24th October 2011, 02:01
This ties in rather neatly with the thread "It is all Nonsense Part 2". Good stuff, all round. Great nourishing food for thought!

Dawn
24th October 2011, 02:11
I find that I keep releasing my reaction to everything, including all these doom-and-gloom threads in Avalon. Roman wrote a wonderful thread about how to do this at: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?15834-Its-all-nonsense-part-1

As I continue to do this, actions show up in front of me and I am suddenly a 'doer'. However the 'doing', what ever it is, is usually very simple and involves pulling my energy out of a mass consciousness pattern which is 'unhealthy' and doing something totally differently.

These actions do not show themselves until I am neutral and have no emotional charge left on the topic. I have learned not to act if I am having what I call an 'emotional storm' because this type of action usually causes entanglements.

One thing I am certain of ... if I resist something, judge it, or fight it, then I will pull it directly into my life.

ThePythonicCow
24th October 2011, 03:03
I don't appreciate your topic title...
Good point - attention getting thread titles are good ... for getting attention.

But they serve less well the forum reader, scanning thread titles, deciding what's of interest to them.

I changed the thread title from

HOLY CRAP!!! All is lost!!!!
to

HOLY CRAP!!! All is lost!!!! (Inner peace, not outward struggle)

If you'd rather a different (but somewhat informative) title, jack, let me know. I can make the change.

jack
24th October 2011, 03:05
I don't appreciate your topic title...
Good point - attention getting thread titles are good ... for getting attention.

But they serve less well the forum reader, scanning thread titles, deciding what's of interest to them.

I changed the thread title from

HOLY CRAP!!! All is lost!!!!
to

HOLY CRAP!!! All is lost!!!! (Inner peace, not outward struggle)

If you'd rather a different (but somewhat informative) title, jack, let me know. I can make the change.

Could you change it too :- "HOLY CRAP!!! All is not lost!!!!"

Thanks Paul.

ThePythonicCow
24th October 2011, 03:30
Could you change it too :- "HOLY CRAP!!! All is not lost!!!!"
I added the "not" - that's easy.

But given the wide variety of subjects discussed on this forum, something that actually gives a clue to what sort of subject material the thread considers is really quite useful to forum readers.

As it says in our Avalon Forum Guidelines (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/faq.php?faq=avalonguidelines#faq_membershipguidelines), "URGENT headlines are not permitted and may be edited by moderators."

ROMANWKT
24th October 2011, 07:27
I had spent months trying to come to a balanced and non- confrontational approach to to all these demonstration, sit-inns and takeovers, its exactly what they want, you start, they finish. The only way into this is by getting out of it, like I said in part 2, you cant fight them, they are waiting for you to do that, and that will speed up their overall intentions against us.
The only powerful non-confrontational action would be to step back and turn your backs to them, you cant beat them otherwise.

regards to all
roman

The Truth Is In There
24th October 2011, 08:22
the outside is you, it is an illusion, it is merely a reflection of the inside. what you believe exists outside of yourself in reality exists only in your perception. if you change the inside the outside changes automatically. it may take a while because we're not yet at the point where we know that changing our perception will instantly change our reality but we'll get there soon. those who want to get there, anyway. the best to do right now, if you can't enjoy everything that happens in the world as a part of the game, is to focus on the things that make you happy and ignore the rest. none of it is real.

greybeard
24th October 2011, 08:37
John Lennon said " Nothing is real, nothing to go on about"

ThePythonicCow
24th October 2011, 10:17
I added the "not" - that's easy.
On further review, I realized that the resulting thread title

HOLY CRAP!!! All is not lost!!!! (Inner peace, not outward struggle)was still not appropriate. The Avalon Forum Guidelines (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/faq.php?faq=avalonguidelines#faq_membershipguidelines) prohibit sensationalist thread titles. So I removed the HOLY CRAP and four exclamation points, resulting in a new thread title of:

All is not lost: Inner peace versus outward struggle
Let's do what we can to provide quality thread titles. The major use of thread titles is to allow users to quickly select which threads discuss topics of interest to them. If a sensationalist title attracts many readers, many of them will find that the topic was not of immediate interest to them, and end up wasting their time, lowering the quality of the time they spend with us.

Thanks.

Carmen
25th October 2011, 05:56
Great thread Jack. And you are quite correct about the inner creating the outer. If people were more conscious of their thought habits or monitored what they were thinking, they would see this for themselves. All thoughts create. To be responsible for your thoughts is a huge leap forward in consciousness, or to be more correct, an expansion in consciousness.

To go to "centre", to "let go, let God". To understand this and do it, is quite amazing. To worry, and fret and stress about some problem, adds to the problem. To go to the centre where all is peace and harmony, gets our little personality out of the way so our Great God Self can sort it all out. This is what is meant by the passage in the bible that says "Come unto me all those who are heavy laden and I give you rest". Something like that! I bet all the other religions have something in their writings along the same lines.

It's even in our science. Didn't Einsten state that a problem cannot be solved on the same level that it was created!

Anchor
25th October 2011, 09:19
Hey great thread title, Jack, I bet you had wished you thought of it - LOL

I like the new thread title.

I like Jacks opening post a lot as well.

Very glad to see you make a pass through here - keep doing that please :)

Carmen
26th October 2011, 07:00
It is you Jack, huh? The Jack from the old Avalon? Great to see you here posting.

Cheers

Carmen

jack
27th October 2011, 08:36
Hey great thread title, Jack, I bet you had wished you thought of it - LOL

I like the new thread title.

I like Jacks opening post a lot as well.

Very glad to see you make a pass through here - keep doing that please :)

Thanks man good to see you too. Hope your keepin it real ;)

It is you Jack, huh? The Jack from the old Avalon? Great to see you here posting.

Cheers

Carmen

Hey Carmen yeah that would be me, It seems like forever since the start of the first forum! I was just knee high with a less sense then my cat

Carmen
27th October 2011, 17:09
You were young with much sense. They wouldn't have made you a moderator otherwise.

josie
27th October 2011, 21:55
isn't it all in what you make of it?

to experience the camaraderie with like-minded souls is something that can't be duplicated. gathering with complete strangers in order to join together in the pursuit of a better world is amazing. participating in the sharing, joy, frustration, collaboration... it's an opportunity to partake in human-ness at its best. building shelters, organizing food and recycling, adding to a general assembly, offering ideas, adding one voice to a massive human microphone, holding hands and caring for children, playing music... the love that rolls through is life affirming and builds hope within the hearts of everyone in attendance.

friends. an extraordinary experience. love isn't a struggle at all when you merely let it roll.

Maia Gabrial
27th October 2011, 22:14
The more we try to change what is outside of ourselves in order to bring internal peace and happiness the more and more inner turmoil we will suffer.

The more we suffer inner turmoil, the more we project it out into the world. We are what we do, if we dabble in negative subjects it will influence our being. Dont roll in the mud if you dont want to get dirty. So really all we are doing by trying to change circumstances outside of ourselves is getting caught up in the drama of it all. Protests, Sit downs, Occupations, Campaigning, it all draws us into the energy of the situation. And so we become it, often without realising. And when you are it, its very difficult to see that you have become one with the world wich you are so desperatly trying to oppose.

So when our bodies are holding the energy of whatever we are giving most of our attention too, that is the energy we will then express out into the world via our actions and our words. And we will always no matter what take on the energy of that which we give most of our focus too. Consider it an unwritten law of the universe.

So all of the campaigning, the anti-this, the anti-that is intrinsically counterproductive. Our only option if we wish to bring as much peace into this world as is possible, is too first focus on bringing that peace into our own bodies. To do this it is very important to realise that we must turn our backs on all that we feel is 'important'. This can be a very difficult decision for anybody who is passionate in bringing about change for the better on this planet.

But we always take on the energy of that which we give focus too. So by turning our back on the world - consider it a little vacation, and focusing on bringing about peace in our own bodies we can then take on the energy of a new peaceful situation which we will then express out into the world.

I feel the truth of what you've said, Jack. After too much worldly news, I've had to take a break to get back my peace.... (You'd think I'd have learned to stay away from the world's problems....)
Thanks for sharing your wisdom....