PDA

View Full Version : History is repeating itself-The bankers manifesto-

crested-duck
31st October 2011, 13:09
The Bankers Manifesto of 1892: History Repeated

Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. revealed the Bankers Manifesto of 1892 to the U.S. Congress somewhere between 1907 and 1917.

“We (the bankers) must proceed with caution and guard every move made, for the lower order of people are already showing signs of restless commotion. Prudence will therefore show a policy of apparently yielding to the popular will until our plans are so far consummated that we can declare our designs without fear of any organized resistance.
Organizations in the United States should be carefully watched by our trusted men, and we must take immediate steps to control these organizations in our interest or disrupt them.
At the coming Omaha convention to be held July 4, 1892, our men must attend and direct its movement or else there will be set on foot such antagonism to our designs as may require force to overcome.
This at the present time would be premature. We are not yet ready for such a crisis. Capital must protect itself in every possible manner through combination (conspiracy) and legislation.
The courts must be called to our aid, debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible.
When, through the process of law, the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and easily governed through the influence of the strong arm of the government applied to a central power of imperial wealth under the control of the leading financiers.
People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.
The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.
By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.”

ktlight
31st October 2011, 13:16
I say begone from life thoughts that manifest thusly.

CdnSirian
31st October 2011, 14:25
"Not On My Timeline"--bumper stickers will be issued. :)

ThePythonicCow
31st October 2011, 16:30
History repeats itself in regular cycles.
Indeed it does, as we are seeing.

I might well be wrong, but I don't think that denialism is an adequate defense.

Jonathon
31st October 2011, 19:23
Hard to tell if this is a hoax or not - apparently this Manifesto of 1892 cannot be sourced properly, however it is also true that many of his materials were destroyed by the sitting PTB of the day.

Here's a PDF copy of his book (http://www.scribd.com/doc/33133194/Banking-and-Currency-and-the-Money-Trust-Congressman-Charles-A-Lindbergh-Sr) Banking and currency and the money trust which is apparently very hard to obtain in original form, therefore the following statement is given:

"The Faithfulness of this reproduction cannot be vouched
for. It was taken from web published pages online and not
directly from a copy of the book itself. Authentic
Copies of it are extremely hard to acquire for they are
routinely taken out of circulation.

In 1913, Congressman Charles August Lindbergh Sr. (father
of the famed aviator) wrote:. Banking, Currency, and the
Money Trust, and in 1917 he wrote "Why is Your Country at
War?," attributing high finance as America's involvement
in World War I. According to Eustace Mullins, in his
book, PUBLIC CENTRAL BANK - On Reclaiming Our Central
Bank And Monetary Policy -, plates of Congressman
Lindbergh's second book were confiscated and destroyed by
Government agents."

Jonathon
31st October 2011, 19:35
Here's a quote from Lindbergh in his book Why Is Your Country At War and What Happens To You After A War (also available in PDF HERE (http://www.scribd.com/doc/48128852/Why-is-Your-Country-at-War-and-What-Happens-To-You-After-A-War-and-Related-Subjects)):

"There is a sinister influence at work in our country, which if it is not checked, intends to completely undermine the original purpose of the formation of our government...and to bring all the world into one control and one system, which for purposes of deception of the plain people, they would call a "world democracy", but which in fact it is their plan to make the rule of the wealth grabbers, maintained by simple organization of themselves and disorganization of the masses, pitting the masses against each other... The few now desire to cut off every possible avenue of escape from industrial slavery for the masses."

IMO this gives credence to the Banker's Manifesto of 1892 - certainly it's destruction would have been sought.

PS - both PDF/Book copies above are reported to have missing pages.

Jonathon
31st October 2011, 20:32
Quotes from:
CURRENCY, BANKING, AND THE MONEY TRUST
By: Charles Lindbergh Sr, 1913

(Will update occasionally as I read)

There is a man-made god that controls the social and industrial system that governs us. We know him as the “Money Trust.” He is offended if given or called by his true name, and being jealous of his power, he opposed an investigation of its sources. At the present time he has an almost illimitable influence upon our daily actions and is seeking to increase it by framing new currency and banking laws to suit his purposes.

p.47 Many of us were children when the extortion began, and we can hardly blame our parents for permitting the initiation of what we have allowed to be developed into a full-fledged, scientific, legalized system of extortion. But now, since we understand its effects, our children ought to look back on us with shame if we permit its continuance. It is not the bankers who have primarily fastened upon us this system of capitalizing our life energies for their own selfish use. It is the banking and currency system, which we have allowed to remain in operation, and create special interests. The people alone have the power to amend or change it. Therefore we and not the bankers are responsible for the existence of the present system.

P.53-54 Thousands of newspapers are supported by the interests for the very purpose of beguiling us into believing the things that these interests want us to believe. The question of who owns and who uses the money is the one on which they expend the greatest efforts in order to deceive.
It is a fact that the people own a part of the bank deposits, but the banking system is so cleverly arranged in the interest of the banks that the people have comparatively little benefit from their own deposits. On the contrary, the people’s money placed in banks is principally used as a basis for credit and on that credit the banks collect the interest which operates to reduce the prices of what we sell and increase the prices of what we buy.
General business is transacted on approximately $24 credit to each dollar in cash [this in 1912-1913]… and under the highly specialized system of Wall Street there is still greater elasticity of credit. We all know that business is not carried on wholly with the actual money, in fact, business is almost wholly conducted on credit.

Interesting - not much has changed since 1912, albeit more exotic and certainly more heavily leveraged that 24:1. The basic practice and level of compliance with that practice are roughly similar. Lindbergh Does misstate with regard to owning the deposits, however (if I am to nit-pick his essay here. To deposit is to Depose-of-it, meaning you have withdrawn principal interest (granting it to the bank) in exchange for beneficial interest. Once deposed to the bank, you have granted the rights the banks need to run their game. Of course these days everything is beneficial interest with regard to FRNs... meaning you never had principal interest to begin with. (correct me if I'm wrong LS).

Of course, just a few short years later, the creature showed up and before long all real money/property were liquidated, leaving no means to ever repay the very debts that brought this devil to life... open cage, broken key.

I can definitely appreciate his spirit - reminds me of Ron Paul, whom I can only imagine has read the Lindbergh collection.