PDA

View Full Version : The Profanity Meme is part of the Control Strategy

tone3jaguar
26th June 2010, 14:57
Edit: I misspelled the word for mind virus. It is supposed to be meme not mime.

For those of you not familiar with the word meme. A meme is a word that has been used to describe a self replicating idea in the consciousness of society, or a mind virus. Some of these memes are a result of the natural evolution of ideas in our society. However, some of them have been put in place on purpose to keep us in line.

The concept of profanity is one of those memes that has been put in place as a control strategy. People have been convinced that a word alone is enough of a reason to feel offended. Feeling offended is a form of victimitis. Victimitis is another more ambiguous mime that has naturally evolved as a result of peoples unwillingness to take responsibility for how they feel about the information in the world around them.

The words themselves are not what carry the low frequencies commonly blamed on them. What actually carry the low frequencies are the programed reactions to these words. They are only words and they only have meaning if we give them meaning.

How do I know that profanity is an intentionally inserted meme into society? Because the originators of the idea that a word was a "curse" was the church. Why where they deemed "curse words". Perhaps because of the inquisition where all pagans where hunted down and killed because they could curse people? That is where the meme started.

So if there are rules in a forum or any other setting where profanity is looked upon as bad, or it is automatically censored by programming. This is because the writers of the software have been tricked into believing that these words actually have the meaning that the memes have attached to them even though they don't. Then consequently the administration of the forum chooses to use the option to use that aspect of the computer program simply so that people are not offended because of the mind virus they have allowed to persist in their consciousness.

So in the spirit off this perspective on things and my personal desire to not conform to false mimes. F__k, sh.., cock, pussy, turd, dick, ass.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFmRypAYz_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFmRypAYz_E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Luke
26th June 2010, 15:35
Think the word is "meme" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme), unit of cultural ideas, symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena.
Mime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mime) == Marcel Marceau for example

+1 for Carlin :)

Solphilos
26th June 2010, 16:41
And how ****ing shocked I was when I discovered that this ****ing forum censors my favorite ****ing words. :p
But I'm not surprised that censorship should be present on such a forum: Far too many "lightsiders" here that would be horribly offended at the use of such 'dark' language. This particular forum is very set on division.
I for one enjoy such language; not as a means to be purposefully offensive, but because they emphasize emotion better than any other words available. They are a means of effective communication, and when we are censored, we are forced to use less effective words, hence, limiting communication, even if by a small degree. Bad communication between cells in the body cause disease, and it is no less so between human beings.

lunaflare
26th June 2010, 17:02
The F word has mysterious "roots"....

According to Wiki, the following acronyms are merely urban legends:

File Under Carnal Knowledge"
"Fornication Under the Christian King"
"Fornication Under the Command of the King"
"Fornication Under Carnal/Cardinal Knowledge"
"False Use of Carnal Knowledge"
"Felonious Use of Carnal Knowledge"
"Felonious Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
"Full-On Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
"For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
"Found Under Carnal Knowledge"
"Found Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"
"Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (referring to the crime of rape)

I am now going to feck off to another post........

Bill Ryan
26th June 2010, 17:21
I for one enjoy such language; not as a means to be purposefully offensive, but because they emphasize emotion better than any other words available.

I'd suggest that people who depend on profanity for expressive impact are poor writers.

Ask any student of great literature... from Shakespeare on down.

Humor is different: deliberate irreverence can wake people up and get them to pay attention. George Carlin was a master. :)

I don't mind people swearing. I do it myself. But if it leads to laziness, then it's not a good thing. Because I don't swear a lot, when I do it tends to focus attention. It's one of many expressive tools, and can be used well, or badly.

I don't like any lazy use of words. That includes SMS-speak (ppl, b4, thx, lol, etc) - another symptom of laziness. Words are magnificent, sophisticated thought-forms with a morphic field (ever-changing) created by thousands of brilliant minds over long periods of time in any culture.

This is why Esperanto has never caught on, despite its logic. It has no weight or depth: no morphic field behind it. Just someone's clever invention... no history, and no culture.

The key to this topic is that we think the way we talk - not the other way round. Language creates and shapes the complexity of our neural pathways. If we cheapen our language, we cheapen and dilute the richness of our thoughts.

Bill Ryan
26th June 2010, 17:25
------------

While talking about the richness of language, here's my favorite joke:

Did you hear about the agnostic, dyslexic insomniac who couldn't get to sleep because he was worrying about whether there was a dog?

:)

tone3jaguar
26th June 2010, 17:56
I don't mind people swearing. I do it myself. But if it leads to laziness, then it's not a good thing. Because I don't swear a lot, when I do it tends to focus attention. It's one of many expressive tools, and can be used well, or badly.

I don't like any lazy use of words. That includes SMS-speak (ppl, b4, thx, lol, etc) - another symptom of laziness. Words are magnificent, sophisticated thought-forms with a morphic field (ever-changing) created by thousands of brilliant minds over long periods of time in any culture.

Yes, I agree. I think that we need a more diverse vocabulary of curse words so that we can use them intelligently.

Humble Janitor
26th June 2010, 18:00
Profanity is something that is best sparingly used. It can pepper an otherwise dull joke but when it becomes part of your everyday vernacular, then that is just laziness at work.

beyondmyctrl
26th June 2010, 18:33
------------

While talking about the richness of language, here's my favorite joke:

Did you hear about the agnostic, dyslexic insomniac who couldn't get to sleep because he was worrying about whether there was a dog?

:)

OMG LMAO !!!! oh wait no ! I mean Oh My God ! laughing my ass off !!! THAT joke is, milk shooting out of the nose kinda funny , seriously ! :) By the way not a big fan of SMS talk either , mostly because I'm getting old and out of touch with the young un's and half the time I can't even figure out what those damn acronyms mean :) heck ! I don't even know what SMS stands for ! :confused:

frank samuel
26th June 2010, 18:42
In my house with five children we have learn to communicate with each other not having to use profanity. At school children learn these words and become very accustomed to using them. While talking to my children I learn that to become expressive and creative with the way we convey images in the form of language is far more effective and efficient specially in keeping a healthy environment in our children thought forms and habitual expressions. Profanity in the military is use to create a reaction in the soldier, is use very effectively to numb the senses and get the soldier to do what he's told. In retrospect this is why as a veteran I found that you can convey images, ideas , emotions using far more creative expressive language than profanity. Like Bill stated sometimes we become lazy in finding effective ways to communicate, language and thought patterns can help to shape your environment. Speaking for myself I want to reflect the beauty I see express in the natural world around me helping my children to appreciated and be grateful for the world they are experiencing.

Many many blessings to all.:wub:

Snowbird
26th June 2010, 18:48
Whoa, I had never seen George Carlin in his younger days.

I just had a good 7-minute laugh from one of G.C.'s vids from the opening post; George Carlin on Our Similarities.

MHRIP!

Solphilos
26th June 2010, 19:18
Profanity is something that is best sparingly used. It can pepper an otherwise dull joke but when it becomes part of your everyday vernacular, then that is just laziness at work.

Where does laziness enter the equation? They are words, descriptive like any other. Sure, there is an abundance of other words that could be used in their stead, but why? What makes them 'profane'? This is merely cultural conditioning, dare we question to ask why?
If I say, "that joke was ****ing hilarious!", what is wrong with that? If I choose to leave out the '****ing' part, I will simply have to replace it with something else. Why is one preferable to the other?

Studeo
26th June 2010, 21:22
Here's some for ya..scuse the language:o

Shakespear

Thou art a surly boil-brained coxcomb
Thou art a churlish fat-kidneyed strumpet
Thou art a cockered spur-galled pigeon-egg
Thou art a rank hell-hated barnacle

Pirate

I'll slit yer throat ye pox-faced sea bass...Prepare for yer doom!
We'll hoist ye over the yardarm ye lice-infested dog...Arrrrr! Harrrr!
I'll rip out yer heart an' dance to the beat ye scurvy-addled blowfish...Shiver me timbers!
We'll send ye to Davy Jones' locker ye scalawag bilge-rat...Yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum!

Ye gods the profanity!:eek:

RedeZra
26th June 2010, 21:42
The words themselves are not what carry the low frequencies commonly blamed on them. What actually carry the low frequencies are the programed reactions to these words. They are only words and they only have meaning if we give them meaning.

words are an expression of thoughts and feelings

that vibrate with the frequency of the intent

and affect the surroundings

profanity is not very high on that frequency

MorningSong
26th June 2010, 22:29
Here's my story:

I grew up with a very intelligent and rather “country puritan” say-what-you-mean-and-mean-what-you-say" mind-framed mom and, in contrast, a father who was a “Fonzy” type in the 50's but who was more like a blue collared red-neck in my childhood's eyes. Mom cringed at cuss words, threatening us kids that she'd “wash out our mouths with soap if”... and dad used them instead of normal adjectives whenever possible mostly to irritate mom.

My dad had two friends, father and son, who would come to visit, and these two men could not say 3 words without putting in a cuss word as an adjective to describe anything. As I child, I tended to cringe like my mom and head for the exit when they arrived. It truely appeared that these two men had some kind of problem, something bad wrong and very negative. Their energy field oozed degredation and critisism and it was very depressing to have them around for any great length of time.

When my dad had been around these two fellows, he took on their “habit” and would be quite anti-communicative for days. Just “get the **ing thing”, “move your **ing this” and "shut the **ing that” for days, almost gloating in the "superb" powerful language he was touting. Needless to say, it appeared to the rest of the family that he had contracted rabbies or worse, and we avoided any form of contact with him until this neurotic habit wore off. Unfortunately, I will never know if he realized what he was doing nor questioned why we began to avoid him during those times.

This situation continued to develop as the years went by, and eventually we were all tip-toeing around him as if we were walking on egg shells, not sure if we were to cringe or listen when he bagan to speak to us. Not to wonder, he eventually found himself in an empty house with his good old buddies for company, forever.

Now, I'll tell you all! If I get really mad, I can shoot out a long line of cuss words as good as any small town red neck can! But I truely try not to.

And get this: when my first adorable son was 3, he got mad at me for some silly reason and blurted at me the Italian equal to “b*tch”. I was shocked and then really got angry. I picked him up under my arm like a sack of potates and proceded to the bathroom where I washed his tongue with a bar of soap! He never cussed at me again, and he's 22 now.

RedeZra
26th June 2010, 22:48
tnx for the realism MorningSong

it's not a right to curse and profane

it's a wrong

parents are so important in the upbringing of a new generation

nah our society depends on our Mothers

Solphilos
26th June 2010, 22:55

Shakespear

Pirate

I'll rip out yer heart an' dance to the beat ye scurvy-addled blowfish...Shiver me timbers!
We'll send ye to Davy Jones' locker ye scalawag bilge-rat...Yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum!

Thanks for that, very colorful :lol:

tone3jaguar
27th June 2010, 00:47
words are an expression of thoughts and feelings

that vibrate with the frequency of the intent

and affect the surroundings

profanity is not very high on that frequency

Who decided what words where the low frequency words and what words where not? If you tell a joke with a curse word in it and it makes people laugh, then that is high frequency. Laughter is divine. If you use the same curse word when judging someone or something then that is low frequency. There are no absolute frequencies for curse words. It is all about context. Don't get sucked into those mimes. The only words I have come across that have absolute frequency embedded in them are ones written using the ancient Sanskrit alphabet.

BrianEn
27th June 2010, 03:10
I'll let an F-bomb drop when I'm getting a cortezone shot.

tone3jaguar
27th June 2010, 04:16
Out of all of the wild things that I have ever posted about, this topic has got to be one of the most effective barometers for the different kinds of social complexes that people exist in today. I posted this same thing on another forum that i will not name. The people in that forum got so offended that they went as far as to judge me as having no ethics, morals, manners, and respect. I was not offended by their inability to see outside of the veils that social doctrines have instilled in them. I was however, surprised at the intensity of some of the replies over there.

Decibellistics
27th June 2010, 07:14
If we didn't use words do you think you would know what we meant.

I sometimes wonder if primordial man had the ability to experience much more than what we do now.......this includes not having language..

"The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue."

Kinda off topic, I know....but hey, fartin' farter.

The only reason they are considered bad, is because people have developed a tendency to use these words in a malicious manner instead of openly stating why they feel that way about a person.

Like what Bill said, it's laziness. Instead of saying somebody is a hardheaded mean and manipulative human, and explaining the examples behind it.......someone calls that person a hoo ha and a what not if you catch my drift. A ****ing asshole. But yea. Communication and linguistics is a fascinating subject.

Maybe it's a gift in actuality.

morguana
27th June 2010, 08:55

Shakespear

Pirate

studeo, thats the kind of curseing i do!!!!! lol, i really go with hj's laziness idea, personally i feel that if one is to swear then one should use the right word in the correct context, someone whom just uses say the f word as every other word, imho lacks originality and eloquance. if one is going to swear then it is best done in a spectacular and enriching manner (however i was threatened with eloqution lessons by my grandmother when she heard me say bum! as a child)
words have a powerfull energy behind them, some are positivly empowering and some are not.........as buddha said master your thoughts!

RedeZra
27th June 2010, 09:51
Who decided what words where the low frequency words and what words where not?

the ones that decided which words mean what

why try to turn and twist profanity into something positive

if someone swallowed some meme

it is those that profess

that nothing is holy so nothing is profane

we communicate with words

which carry the frequency of the intent

well aware of their meaning and impact

words can hurt or heal and fall on deaf ears too

Im just a break on the wheels into idiocracy

greybeard
27th June 2010, 11:33
the ones that decided which words mean what

why try to turn and twist profanity into something positive

if someone swallowed some meme

it is those that profess

that nothing is holy so nothing is profane

we communicate with words

which carry the frequency of the intent

well aware of their meaning and impact

words can hurt or heal and fall on deaf ears too

Im just a break on the wheels into idiocracy

Brake harder my friend--- smiling.

Some words can chill you to the marrow some can uplift.
We have a choice to uplift or detract from all that is good.
It comes down to intention, words are meaning less or rather can mean anything you want them to mean by taking them in context or out of context.
Mime is basically propaganda.
Here's one "Everyone knows" that is maintaining that opinion is a fact -- actually its not a proven at all.
If you say something often enough people will believe it.
Words do carry a frequency and that is set by intention and the spiritual vibration of the speaker.
Swearing can be appropriate.
Relativism says that any action can be justified if the context is shifted.
Norms of behavior are seen as being restrictive.
Its possible for a terrorist to come here draw benefits use the N.H.S blow people up get caught then get free legal council pleading not guilty when there is not a shred of evidence of innocence -- they laugh. Try and use free speech in their country and you will quickly be killed as the Satan.
They are pledged to kill all infidels in the name of a loving God that is Profanity and that is control of the spiritually naive.
To be clear they are a minority, many good people come from their countries and settle here.
We pander to the politically correct and look what has happened Christmas and Easter sidelined in case we offend people of other faiths and none, --- respect for teachers and authority has gone.
Police were never see as separate from the community in my youth in fact they were the friends of all, they could be counted on to be there in any emergency, putting their lives before those they were trying to help.
Now through relativism-- mime- the police are seen as an enemy by many, controlled by the powers that be.
The moment you label you have de-humanized, police are made up of people just like you and me.
We killed Nazis during the war, that blanket term, made it possible for good people to go to war and kill other good people.
We are all programed but we can change that by simply being aware of judgmental thoughts--- an enemy out there thoughts-- any negative though and become aware of where they actually come from. The ego love them.
Chris

blue777
27th June 2010, 13:11
OMG LMAO !!!! oh wait no ! I mean Oh My God ! laughing my ass off !!! THAT joke is, milk shooting out of the nose kinda funny , seriously ! :) By the way not a big fan of SMS talk either , mostly because I'm getting old and out of touch with the young un's and half the time I can't even figure out what those damn acronyms mean :) heck ! I don't even know what SMS stands for ! :confused:

SMS ...means someone making smalltalk.....anyway Bill, we cannot all be good at writing English as you.......bit of vanity there maybe!!
lol...lots of light

pilotsimone
29th June 2010, 00:56
Out of all of the wild things that I have ever posted about, this topic has got to be one of the most effective barometers for the different kinds of social complexes that people exist in today. I posted this same thing on another forum that i will not name. The people in that forum got so offended that they went as far as to judge me as having no ethics, morals, manners, and respect. I was not offended by their inability to see outside of the veils that social doctrines have instilled in them. I was however, surprised at the intensity of some of the replies over there.

I witnessed a forum completely divide over the question, "Is it okay if I leave my grocery cart in the parking lot rather than take it to the cart corral?"

I kid you not. :)

Anchor
29th June 2010, 01:27
I don't think words have a frequency, they obtain thier energy from the intent with which they are written or spoken. The reason that some words get a "frequency" allocated to them by default is the collective "thoughtform" that has gathered around them and which gives them the meaning.

Words that are quarantined off by parents and other people who hold the reigns of social programming simply get more attention from people that don't like being told what to do. Our language is deliberately abused, mauled and twisted and this is allowed to continue - because if we cannot communicate with eachother clearly the purposes of the dark forces are better served and expression of truth is attenuated.

I heard something like this on the train : "Like this guy was like really f*****g rude, then he was on the phone like right f*****g next to me. ...The ringtone was fully sick"

This apparently meant that some guy was bothering the narrator, but in any event he had a really good ringtone on his phone.

I could only be sure of the meaning by listening to intonation and decoding the intent behind the words. Also, I think I am becoming an old fart!

In any case Strunk and White's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elements_of_Style) maxim of "Omit needless words" reqires profanity to be omitted in most case :)

John..

RedeZra
29th June 2010, 02:02
I don't think words have a frequency, they obtain thier energy from the intent with which they are written or spoken. The reason that some words get a "frequency" allocated to them by default is the collective "thoughtform" that has gathered around them and which gives them the meaning.

since we can't read minds

words are thoughts that we can sense - at least hear or see

and with some imagination - smell taste and touch too

words are thoughts expressed in sound and symbols

they are fragile fallible and a poor translation of the mind

but it's what we got to work with for the time

Craig
29th June 2010, 06:31
I always thought it takes two to communicate, one to talk and the other to listen, and then there is the form of thought in the mind, getting it to the mouth, from mouth to ear over chosen media and then reverse the process in the other party, especially when dealing with people whose primary language is not the same as yours all types of interpretations can arise. My father-in-law is a prime example, who learnt English through working and picked up a lot of swearing, but he never uses it in anger, sometimes I try to understand if he is swearing at me or just talking about the weather??

Anchor
29th June 2010, 06:45
I always thought it takes two to communicate, one to talk and the other to listen, and then there is the form of thought in the mind, getting it to the mouth, from mouth to ear over chosen media and then reverse the process in the other party, especially when dealing with people whose primary language is not the same as yours all types of interpretations can arise. My father-in-law is a prime example, who learnt English through working and picked up a lot of swearing, but he never uses it in anger, sometimes I try to understand if he is swearing at me or just talking about the weather??

This is precisely how I think of it.

Essentially you have a channel, via many potential media, from the intent created thoughtform of the one party, to the mind of the listener/reader(s). The differing perspectives of the recipients of the message and the originator of the message guarantee some potential for distortions in meaning.

With the commonly available written and spoken media, it is very easy to distort the message and cause misunderstanding. In electronics there is a concept of singal to noise, with the ratio of more signal to less noise being desirable. In communication I see extra words and swearing etc as noise.

That said, repetition, or putting things another way is sometimes a good thing because it reduces the risk of too much distorion in the message.

Even a misplaced comma can wreck everything! "Eats shoots and leaves" "Eats, shoots and leaves" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_%26_Leaves )

This is not so much about profanity, except to say that profanity is needless noise and there is usually a better alternative.

When reading the mission statements of light workers and warriors one commonly reads - speak the truth, simply quietly and plainly. No more, no less.

One does not need to utter expletives to explain a truth.

John..

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.
'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

'Well, I'm a panda,' he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots, and leaves.'