PDA

View Full Version : Light + Dark = All = LOVE

music
3rd November 2011, 21:14
Darkness and Light are the divisions of Love, which is All, that are the essential components that allow us to live and learn in this 3D reality. The idea that Light is good and Dark is bad are relicts of historical patriarchy and mysogynism that fears the Dark and its relationship to the feminine principle. Men fear the mystery of childbirth, that wonderous thing whereby life is nurtured and brought forth, and that fear has always been tinged with jealousy.

An acorn -- a humble seed -- is nurtured in the Dark of the earth, and in time, the emergent seedling breaks through to the light, imbibing the goodness of our sun, to become a beautiful, mighty Oak. We see the majesty above, and rejoice in the power of the light, but we forget that without the nuturing Darkness, no living thing can survive in this reality. WE FORGET THIS AT OUR PERIL. So many of us swan about in the Light, thinking we are good, and we neglect our Darkness, our origin, our source of sustenance and support. It is a simple formula in biology that the mass of a tree observed above the ground is equal to the mass of the tree that exists below ground. So too with all living things, though that relationship may be hard to discern due to the intricacies of the food chain.

In an unascendant being, the Darkness may be perverted, resulting in acts that we would call evil, perverted or depraved, but likewise the Light can be transformed into a vehicle of hatred and oppression, for example, where we have the insane situation where two nations are at war, needlessly spilling the blood of men, women and children, but both nations rest secure in the belief that "God" is on their side. Evangelism, the theft of native children from their parents (for the good of their immortal souls), the missionary phenomenon, witch burning, and the Crusades are also examples of the peversion of the Light.

In this physical realm, we are governed by physical laws (which the ascended MAY transcend) that mirror the dichotomy of Dark/Light. Dark + Light = LOVE. Everything in this reality is polarity -- two halves of the whole, so if you think you are ascending whilst abhoring your Darkess, brother or sister, I have news for you :)

Jenci
14th December 2011, 11:16
In this physical realm, we are governed by physical laws (which the ascended MAY transcend) that mirror the dichotomy of Dark/Light. Dark + Light = LOVE. Everything in this reality is polarity -- two halves of the whole, so if you think you are ascending whilst abhoring your Darkess, brother or sister, I have news for you :)

Hi Music,

I have just seen you link to this in another thread.

The light and dark are two half of the one whole.
I like to call the whole 'unconditional love' - not confusing it with the love which is the opposite of hate. Unconditional love includes all - the light, the dark, the love, the hate.

This is an important point you make and it is a point which may get missed.
I think this old thread deserved a bump.
Jeanette

Anchor
15th December 2011, 02:22
What is darkness? It is a place where no light is.

We build our co-created reality, and I mean this one, this density of expression, in the way that we do in order to create a choice for ourselves.

To have a choice you need differences; so one may choose one way or another.

For that to happen you need things of light and things with less light.

Obviously it is more complex than that as we see it, because the stuff of our creation is woven at a level of complexity that seems infinite to us and fools us into thinking that it is real, and provides the scenario in which we can choose.

The outcomes?

Maybe we fail to choose.

Maybe we choose love. If we do choose love over fear - do we love others more than ourselves or do we love ourselves more than others?

One of the most basic purposes of this density of incarnation in this density is to make those choices and then follow the path that opens up to a degree which enables further progress.

My guess is most of you have already chosen.

The jury is out on progress - and we are each our own judges in that.

music
15th December 2011, 08:27
Jeanette, first, thank you. I like to see it as not Love/hate, but Love/fear. On the one side we have Love and all the notions that stem from the heartspace, and then we have fear and all the associated negativity that stems from the ego, hate included. What you call unconditional love, and I call Love, really has no opposite, because opposites are the bread and butter of duality, and Love transcends duality. What we are really comparing is perceived physical reality to the All, and I am left with the conclusion that fear is nothing but a subset of Love that has lost the way. This is why we address fear with Love, to remind it of that which it has forgotten.

Anchor, thank you, yes, we have mostly chosen our path. Freedom of choice is the point of physical reality, and this means the freedom to change our paths also. Do we Love ourselves more than others? I feel this is hierarchical thinking, and distinctly old paradigm stuff. Love just is. Love with a little "L" though, as it pertains to this reality, is best applied to ourselves first, and then, once we truly love ourselves, we can extend that love to others. Once that goal is reached, we have the experience of Love (big "L") within our grasp.

Jenci
15th December 2011, 11:57
What we are really comparing is perceived physical reality to the All, and I am left with the conclusion that fear is nothing but a subset of Love that has lost the way. This is why we address fear with Love, to remind it of that which it has forgotten.

Yes Music. Unconditional love move towards the fear. It doesn't discriminate.
Like a mother wrapping her arms around a baby whether the baby is laughing or crying.

It's only fear which moves away from fear, which creates more fear.
Jeanette

Phoenix
15th December 2011, 12:25
Hey music! Awesome thread... I don't feel there is a good and bad, but I can never figure out my reasoning. I'm sure you can go on about this topic forever - and I'd love to listen - but may you give me your feelings on this?

Jenci
15th December 2011, 13:49
Hey music! Awesome thread... I don't feel there is a good and bad, but I can never figure out my reasoning.

You just know, this knowing comes from your true nature. It has no need to label as good or bad. It's all one.
No need to figure it out. :)
It is beyond the mind and therefore beyond the mind's understanding. Only the mind tries to figure out.
Jeanette

music
15th December 2011, 14:31
Thanks Phoenix. The nature of good and evil? Very Tricky. Rahkyt started this (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?36552-Science-And-Spirituality-Can-Transform-Our-World...-Together/page2) excellent discussion about the union of science and spirituality. We could in a rough sense equate science to the masculine (light) principle, and spirituality to the feminine (dark) principle, bearing in mind that each principle contains the other within it (which contains the other within, which contains the other within, etc.). We are talking about the mind vs the heart here, and I would likewise say that the this is at the root of our concept of good and evil.

In the natural world the principles of the polarities combine to form a realm in which there is no "good" or "evil". The lion eats the lamb because it hungers, that is all - there is no ill-intention, there is no judgement. The human is the only animal that causes harm to another life form for reasons other than pure survival or perpetuation of genetic material, so "evil" must be a product of us. Where would this product most likely be rooted: in the heart, or in the mind? Obviously in the mind, since the heart is the seat of Love, and we strengthen this conclusion a posteriori by noting that if it is our level of consciousness and self-awareness that sets us apart from the animals, then this is likely the seat of evil. So we are left with a situation where the "light" principle equates to detached consideration of isolated phenomena (scientific method) and "evil", and the "dark" principle equates to an all-inclusive spiritual outlook and "good". Not quite the picture painted by our western society.

What part of the mind would evil stem from? I would hazard a guess and say the ego. The ego rebels at the concept of its smallness next the all-embracing Love of multi-dimensional existence and awareness, and of what lies beyond dimensional existence. This feeling of smallness leads to fear, which leads to evil, which leads us to the conclusion that fear is also a trait of the "light" principle (or more truthfully, the distortion or perversion of the light principle through the lens of limited dimensional awareness).

In Rahkyt's thread above he asked me about Aleister Crowley, and my response touches on the issue above.

Crowley — a very enlightened but flawed (as are we all) being, he is probably the most misunderstood great thinker of all time. “Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law.” People do not get that, they think it is a license to murder, rape, and pillage, but nothing could be further from the truth. Crowley speaks from the perspective of the enlightened being. The enlightened being can only ever act to the highest good — this is the very essence of enlightenment. This statement is best read alongside others, such as “Love is the Law”, and “Love is the Law — Love under will”.

For someone who followed a darker path than most to enlightenment, Crowley spent a lot of time thinking about Love. Why is that so? Why is it that we have come to a place where only the light is “allowed” to deal with Love? What better way to disempower someone than to cleave them down the middle? It is sadly ironic, that in being banished to the light exclusively, we have been condemned to wander forever in the darkness — unless we regain our power — unless we become whole.

music
15th December 2011, 14:41
Hey music! Awesome thread... I don't feel there is a good and bad, but I can never figure out my reasoning.

You just know, this knowing comes from your true nature. It has no need to label as good or bad. It's all one.
It is beyond the mind and therefore beyond the mind's understanding. Only the mind tries to figure out.
Jeanette

My mind couldn't help itself :)

Jenci
15th December 2011, 19:22

Jeanette

My mind couldn't help itself :)

That's the thing with minds......they have a mind of their own, lol
Jeanette