PDA

View Full Version : Was Jesus a mushroom?

RMorgan
4th November 2011, 14:37
Hi guys and gals!

Check out this interesting hypothesis:

pAp9k8rzQDw

w8PDt2IKS4k

sFH21tS4WcE

Cheers,

Raf.

Curt
4th November 2011, 15:07
"And the 'Greatest Title for a Thread Ever' award goes to....(opening envelope)...RMorgan!, for 'Was Jesus a Mushroom?' :first:

Fred Steeves
4th November 2011, 15:13
"And the 'Greatest Title for a Thread Ever' award goes to....(opening envelope)...RMorgan!, for 'Was Jesus a Mushroom?' :first:

Thank you for a good laugh Curtis, I needed that this morning!

Cheers,
Fred

RMorgan
4th November 2011, 15:28

Hahahahahahahahhaha! Canīt stop laughing here!! I think Iīll write a song with this title!!! :)))

truth4me
4th November 2011, 15:29
I never seen Jesus as a mushroom but back in the day when I took acid,LSD, I "seen" a guy with a superman costume on eat a whole jar of peanut butter. The year was 1979.......:madgrin:

Curt
4th November 2011, 15:33

Hahahahahahahahhaha! Canīt stop laughing here!! I think Iīll write a song with this title!!! :)))

LOL. You totally should. It is truly a great phrase....And if you ever need anyone to do the hip hop remix... I'm your guy....:rap:

RMorgan
4th November 2011, 15:35
I never seen Jesus as a mushroom but back in the day when I took acid,LSD, I "seen" a guy with a superman costume on eat a whole jar of peanut butter. The year was 1979.......:madgrin:

Well, I certainly felt my self as a Jesus like creature while under mushroom effects! Hahahahaha! You know, walking around talking with animals, feeling connected with everything...I even discussed about Nietzsche with a couple of street dogs once. I remember the discussion was very fruitful, but I couldnīt remember the details after the trip was over. The dogs looked very interested. I remember they talking to me just like a Muppet. One had a really funny voice, the other was more like the intellectual type.

conk
4th November 2011, 15:36
Can't see the videos, but do remember a video named The Pharmacratic Inquisition. Quite interesting, showing symbolism throughout the Catholic church and in the Pope's dressing style. One particular mushroom's look, throughout it's life stages, is reflected in the Pope's gown/hat/etc. and his drinking goblet. Most interesting video, suggest all watch it.

Ruby L.
4th November 2011, 15:36
Reading this thread is making me feel like I've just ingested some funky 'shrooms!
Thanks for the el-oh-els, guys. :lol:

Xenos
4th November 2011, 16:45
So fun Morgan ! And very interesting ! Thank you :)

Jesus a mushroom... i just love it... the image in my head is so funny lol ! But i do agree, because Christ was a title, the Aeon of Love is Christ... so it fit in the Holy Gnostic Scripture, resonate with me.

I heard to, that the old rabbi were also taking mush, and their old hat had a "mush shape"... also, shaman in central america say that "to be "God" we have to be intoxicated"... because of our limited body... artificially created.

It is so fun and interesting at the same time lol ! Thank you Morgan ! :)

Strat
4th November 2011, 23:13
No, I don't think he was a mushroom. I think he was far worse; a Mormon.

There is much speculation over Christianity and hallucinogenic mushrooms. I don't know much about it, though there is a book on this exact topic that I want to get (can't think of the name, sorry!). I watched a podcast where the author was interviewed, and he said if you go back far enough that Christianity was a mushroom cult.

Some believe the 'manna' that God sent from heaven (in Exodus) was hallucinogenic mushrooms. I find this hard to believe with out significant evidence. For one, try it. I assure you: you don't want to fill an empty belly using mushrooms containing psilocybin.

EDIT: OH! Where I said "Try it" don't take that literally. Do what you do at your own risk, and please do it with sound judgement. If you're going to do this, have someone with you that is experienced with these substances.

Unified Serenity
5th November 2011, 01:01
Maybe Avalon should post a warning on it's Forum stating that any Christian's who come here must expect to feel judged, ridiculed, shunned, and disrespected and bear the shame of mistakes done by some within the Christian path who over the years have done terrible things. You may find it funny, but I do not. I never see titles depicting other spiritual paths in a less than complimentary way, and I always try to show respect for others beliefs no matter what I personally believe about them.

Again, for those who proclaim such love, light, and tolerance it appears that only applies to non-christian ideas. Not every comment is rude, but I think anyone who reads can see where the jest stops and the rudeness sets in. I don't even fit in with classic Christianity anymore, and feel many are stuck in certain aspects of Christianity and they are very judgmental, but we don't' see most of them here. I come to Avalon to share with free thinkers, not feel ridiculed even if it's not me personally being ridiculed, it sets a tone that is very much less than friendly or loving. Few would have the guts to share what I am sharing right now because of the possible backlash that would ensue or the comments of "Don't be so easily offended", but I am voicing on this thread something that could be said on many very anti-christian threads. With that I do wish to say I am not offended by the actual OP or vids. Each person has a right to share what they perceive as truth historically. I just find the jokes a bit off putting sometimes.

merkabagirll
5th November 2011, 01:15
I read John Allegro's 'The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross' about 30 years ago and found it offered brilliant evidence that Jesus and the 12 Apostles were in fact an esoteric cult based around the sacred mushroom. Does that make Jesus a mushroom? Good question?! I have felt like a primordial fungus under certain influences!

pharoah21
5th November 2011, 01:15
I believe if Jesus was a real person, he was on the mushrooms, or something else....manna.......marijuana.....is there a connection here? Lol. I know Terrence McKenna shows a lot of evidence for the hindus originally being a mushroom cult, this is why they worship the cow he says (for those who don't know, mushrooms grow in cow poop :p)

A lot of spiritual gurus all around the world are on some sort of psychedelic, and if they aren't, it's because they've learned how to release DMT in their minds with all those decades of meditation.

Seikou-Kishi
5th November 2011, 01:22
Just as I was getting to the stage of thinking we'd seen everything, I saw the thread "Was Jesus a mushroom?"

Avalon doesn't think outside the box — it denies the existence of the box.

pharoah21
5th November 2011, 01:52
Those images in the last video are quite good, never saw the resemblance of the Catholic priests and mushrooms, looks quite convincing, I really wouldn't be surprised.......

STATIC
6th November 2011, 23:03

There is much speculation over Christianity and hallucinogenic mushrooms. I don't know much about it, though there is a book on this exact topic that I want to get (can't think of the name, sorry!). I watched a podcast where the author was interviewed, and he said if you go back far enough that Christianity was a mushroom cult.

Some believe the 'manna' that God sent from heaven (in Exodus) was hallucinogenic mushrooms. I find this hard to believe with out significant evidence. For one, try it. I assure you: you don't want to fill an empty belly using mushrooms containing psilocybin.

EDIT: OH! Where I said "Try it" don't take that literally. Do what you do at your own risk, and please do it with sound judgement. If you're going to do this, have someone with you that is experienced with these substances.

I think you are speaking of Graham Hancock
And the book i believe is food of the gods

realitycorrodes
6th November 2011, 23:09
The Pharmacratic Inquisition - awesome documentary. Sorry did not read all the comments if this was put as a link already - forgive me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kyQOeiY11RA

mountain_jim
6th November 2011, 23:31

Nope.

Food of the Gods is by Terrence Mckenna. Hancock's is FingerPrints of the Gods.

I have Food of the Gods in my library, and a copy he signed for me of his later book, True Hallucinations. (I have the seminar poster framed on my office wall: Magic Maui Weekend: Language About the Unspeakable 2/25-27/1994)

I personally feel a strong case has been made that some aspects of Christianity do have their roots in a psychedelic mushroom ritual using group.

STATIC
7th November 2011, 01:28
I stand corrected...
Both very good books though. Very cool that you have a sig. from Terrence.
I never get sick of listening to him.
I too think they made a very strong case for this.
Although on a personal level I think that it is very likely that hallucinogens were responsible for the initial awakening of the human species.
Not just responsible for say christianity. It seems probable that they may have been the roots of many different religions and cults over the eons.

Decibellistics
7th November 2011, 01:28
Mushrooms teach you compassion and ethics, and give you the uncanny ability to read people and situations like a book. So maybe......

Strat
7th November 2011, 01:40

Nope.

Food of the Gods is by Terrence Mckenna. Hancock's is FingerPrints of the Gods.

I have Food of the Gods in my library, and a signed-in-Hawaii copy of his later book, True Hallucinations. I personally feel a strong case has been made that some aspects of Christianity do have their roots in a psychedelic mushroom ritual using group.

This is in regards to a podcast I listened to. The guest said, "If you go back far enough Christianity was a mushroom cult." I'm paraphrasing that quote, but it's almost dead on to what the guest said. Now, a lot of researches may agree with that comment, so many may have said that. The guy I heard say it I believe was Jan Irvin. The book I was thinking of is, The Holy Mushroom.

However, Graham Hancock may have said it as well because I listened to the same podcast but with Graham Hancock as the guest in a different episode. I'm pretty sure it was Jan Irvin though, it makes more sense in the context.

Both podcasts can be watched/listened to for free here:

Jan Irvin:
http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/3271

Graham Hancock:
http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/3583

As a warning, Joe Rogan may be offend you. He is a stand up comedian and he says what's on his mind. Many of his podcasts are like 'guy talk.' That being said, I don't imagine these podcasts will be offensive (especially the Hancock episode) because of the focus of the episodes. Still, get ready for the f word.

Oh and I'm sorry I offended you, Unified Serenity. I know I am rough around the edges, and I am not a very good person. I am aware of this, and I actively try to be better.

jorr lundstrom
7th November 2011, 02:40
Well, mushrooms are really nice. Why did they leave the mushrooms? If

they had, maybye they hadnt turned into the perpetrators they have become.

And they are still causing a lot of havoc around the world, very much so in Asia

today. When you say this they start weeping and think you are unfair, But facts

are facts, a lot of slaughtering have been taken place and still is in the

name of Jehovah and Christ. And the christian church has been behind this for

2 000 years. Now when this farytale goes down the drain, people have to make

their own decisions in their lives and I understand that is a challenge if you have

let the priest interpret wots valueable in life for you.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/pilgrimduva.jpg

lightning23
7th November 2011, 03:15
:closed::closed:

jorr lundstrom
7th November 2011, 06:12
I recommend people read The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross if interested in this subject.
And the works of Jan Irvin and Andrew Rutajit.

If you google on the title, iy will take you to a PDF- file on the book. LOL

modwiz
7th November 2011, 06:27
I want to know if Jesus was a fun guy. :rolleyes:

Maria Stade
7th November 2011, 06:36

:eyebrows: Wot do ya think ?

modwiz
7th November 2011, 06:42

:eyebrows: Wot do ya think ?

Fun guy is a play on fungi. I only state that for those who might not get the pun owing to English as a second language.

If Jesus was real, I think he would have been as fun a guy as taking on two evil empires at once would allow for.

araucaria
7th November 2011, 07:01
I agree with Unified Serenity. If I say that a great healer may - may - have gone around preaching Love thy neighbour/enemy and got killed for it, which part of that don't people understand, and which part does not fit in with what we are trying to dp here on Avalon? Anything else is secondary to that message and while it is interesting to discuss these other matters we don't want to sound disrespectful.

Aurvandil
7th November 2011, 08:31
Just as I was getting to the stage of thinking we'd seen everything, I saw the thread "Was Jesus a mushroom?"

Avalon doesn't think outside the box — it denies the existence of the box.

I thought the same thing - I really like your analysis! :cool:

jorr lundstrom
7th November 2011, 08:38
Thanks giving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc9u56inAeQ&feature=related

ktlight
7th November 2011, 09:05
My understanding of 'Sacred Mushroom and the Cross' is that the word 'jesus' was the code name for the magic mushroom, much in the same way that certain drugs used today are given code names. I think the assumption was based on the social conditions of the day and the fact that there was no evidence for the existence of anyone called 'Jesus', as John Allegro in his research found out.

If there were a drug available and code named today that by use would open up minds to knowing, it would quickly grow and eventually become a mythical cult.

jorr lundstrom
7th November 2011, 09:26
Ive always seen Jesus as a drug, but more like something devastating

like heroin or cocain. Mushrooms are sacred plants and not a drug at

all. But thats maybye more the ideas spread about the mushroom as

a man. I picture a crucifix in a church with a nailed Amanita. LOL

Wind
8th November 2011, 08:10
I can't stop laughing at the headline of this thread! :)

Centauro
8th November 2011, 15:03
Maybe Avalon should post a warning on it's Forum stating that any Christian's who come here must expect to feel judged, ridiculed, shunned, and disrespected and bear the shame of mistakes done by some within the Christian path who over the years have done terrible things. You may find it funny, but I do not. I never see titles depicting other spiritual paths in a less than complimentary way, and I always try to show respect for others beliefs no matter what I personally believe about them.

Again, for those who proclaim such love, light, and tolerance it appears that only applies to non-christian ideas. Not every comment is rude, but I think anyone who reads can see where the jest stops and the rudeness sets in. I don't even fit in with classic Christianity anymore, and feel many are stuck in certain aspects of Christianity and they are very judgmental, but we don't' see most of them here. I come to Avalon to share with free thinkers, not feel ridiculed even if it's not me personally being ridiculed, it sets a tone that is very much less than friendly or loving. Few would have the guts to share what I am sharing right now because of the possible backlash that would ensue or the comments of "Don't be so easily offended", but I am voicing on this thread something that could be said on many very anti-christian threads. With that I do wish to say I am not offended by the actual OP or vids. Each person has a right to share what they perceive as truth historically. I just find the jokes a bit off putting sometimes.

I agree with Unified Serenity. If I say that a great healer may - may - have gone around preaching Love thy neighbour/enemy and got killed for it, which part of that don't people understand, and which part does not fit in with what we are trying to dp here on Avalon? Anything else is secondary to that message and while it is interesting to discuss these other matters we don't want to sound disrespectful.

I agree with both quotes above, what really counts is the message that the Christ Figure gave... Whether he lived or not that is up to you if you want to believe it, but a bit of respect for those who do is not too much to ask, considering that we all here supposed to have an open mind. All I see is the story of a man who achieved the impossible. Maybe Christ was a hybrid, who really knows what he was. As the story goes, in my view, he became that which we all want. A human in a higher state of being (seek spontaneous evolution). I believe he was, is and will be forever. Why? Because he represents the ultimate goal for me. Participation in a universe that as up to now is alien to most human beings. We have been blinded to that, and I am still trying to figure that one out.

Much love to all,

Roland (Centauro)

araucaria
8th November 2011, 15:36
Dolores Cannon's Jesus and the Essenes offers an interesting take on reconciling the biblical Jesus with the Dead Sea Scrolls. You can take it or leave it, but not because of anything negative in the message.

Graham Hancock has been mentioned in this thread. He is one who I think would do better to stay off the mushrooms - his novel Entangled , written under the influence, for me was let's say a great disappointment.