PDA

View Full Version : So that is what is happening on 11/11/11

Lord Sidious
5th November 2011, 01:52
Aha!
So that is what is happening on the 11th of November.

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/embedded/1000x595/a5dd2b598f09224368a1fe637adcf43081578544.jpg

Black Sabbath Holding L.A. Press Conference on 11/11/11

The four original members of Black Sabbath are holding at press conference at Los Angeles' famed Whiskey a Go-Go club on November 11th at 11:11 AM. The group are widely expected to announce a reunion, but a press release merely says it will be a "special announcement at the same location where the influential band made their Los Angeles debut on November 11, 41 years ago." Henry Rollins will host the event.

Rumors of a Black Sabbath reunion have been swirling for months, even though bassist Geezer Butler released a Sherman-esque statement in February shooting them down: "I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumors, that there will definitely be NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour."

In August, the Birmingham Mail published an interview with Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi essentially confirming that the Ozzy-era lineup of the band was going to reform. "It's all been very hush-hush," he said. "Ozzy's been the worst at holding it back…We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we're writing is really good. It's more back to the old original stuff."

Iommi released a furious statement when the quotes hit the Internet, but in a brilliant non-denial denial, he never actually denied saying the quotes, nor did he deny that Sabbath were reforming. He mainly just seemed angry that the story had leaked earlier than he had planned.

We spoke with Iommi earlier this month, and he refused to address the issue directly. "There is no status at the moment," he said. "That's something that can always happen. We just get on with it and see what happens."

The original line-up of Black Sabbath reformed in 1997 and toured off and on through 2005. Their last album of new material was 1978's Never Say Die! The Ronnie James Dio line-up of Black Sabbath toured and recorded as Heaven and Hell from 2006 through Dio's death in 2010.

The only real question about this press conference is whether the band is going to announce a tour, a new album, or both. Even before news of this press conference surfaced, 11/11/11 had already been declared National Metal Day by VH1 Classic. The cable channel plans on showing a 24-hour marathon of metal programming.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbath-holding-l-a-press-conference-on-11-11-11-20111104

Ernest
5th November 2011, 01:58
So ... _that's_ what all this hype has been about! It's so obvious now that you mention it. *thumbs up*

Heyoka_11
5th November 2011, 02:16
Onya Rob!

I'l let the boys do the talkin'.

OorZcOzNcgE

The audience.....I love it.....a pack of hippies! :hippie: :drag:

Take me back!

mosquito
5th November 2011, 02:26
Brilliant !!! Well found Rob !

Bollocks to comet XYZ2.36 whatever it's called !!

I saw Black Sabbath live in 1978. Or to be more exact, I stood at the back of Hammersmith Odeon having my eardrums pounded while watching the mountain of fans nearer the front go beserk. I only actually saw the band when they first came on !! My ears were ringing for days afterwards. Sure was an experience.

Paranoid is one of my all time favourites.

music
5th November 2011, 02:56
Anyone who ever tried to nail Iommi's solo on "You Won't Change Me" note for note, as I did as a teenager, would soon come to realise that the man is a God. I can run with the Mayans having predicted this.

Taurean
5th November 2011, 03:18
On a day that could be for hereon after be known as Black Friday, coinsidiousentely, - Cool

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2968820761/

PurpleLama
5th November 2011, 03:36
Brilliant !!! Well found Rob !

Bollocks to comet XYZ2.36 whatever it's called !!

I saw Black Sabbath live in 1978. Or to be more exact, I stood at the back of Hammersmith Odeon having my eardrums pounded while watching the mountain of fans nearer the front go beserk. I only actually saw the band when they first came on !! My ears were ringing for days afterwards. Sure was an experience.

Paranoid is one of my all time favourites.

I was born in 1978, but I, too, love Black Sabbath, was weaned on it, you could say. My dad well and truly loved acid rock and what was called heavy metal before the 1980's. I remember him saying "this isn't heavy metal" in reference to metallica or megadeth, I forget which, and then he put in some deep purple. kz_6jagv_D4

PurpleLama
5th November 2011, 03:41
And only after posting, did I notice what video tony heyoka posted. One up for synchronous occurrences.

Heyoka_11
5th November 2011, 04:32
And only after posting, did I notice what video tony heyoka posted. One up for synchronous occurrences.

Right on Bro...........inescapable!

JoshERTW
5th November 2011, 04:50
Awesome. Too young to have seen em but I've learned to play many of their songs over the years. Rock on.

jorr lundstrom
5th November 2011, 05:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lJMpzbOA4

apokalypse
5th November 2011, 05:16
i wonder what happen to that date 11/11 aswell...

beginning of the year before i'm awaken and i'm not into conspiracy-exolopolitics like people in Avalons/camelot-david Icke, that date 11/11 pop-up in my head for few times in 2-3 days. i have really strong feeling with at that date or on that date there's a change in overtime to something new and something wonderfull is coming with that number.

Hoaglang said 11/11/11 is awakening number which i agree with him aswell and he might be right, there's must be something and it might be 11.11.11 that awakening me and aware what's really going on in this world, and drives me in here otherwise i'm not in here stop listening to Mainstream Media.

i think of other same number but i don't have any feeling as 11/11/11 or 11/11...don't know its a date or a number but it's kind of weird how i have that feeling with 11.11.

modwiz
5th November 2011, 05:53
I saw Black Sabbath on their first American Tour, when they only had their first album out. The were the number two opening act for Rod Stewart and the Small Faces, at the Fillmore East. Tickets were 5.50. The bulk of the crowd was there for Sabbath.We booed the Faces for two songs before we accepted that Sabbath would nor be doing an encore. I saw them later that week where they played a bar called Unganos. We say at tables and waitresses brought us drinks. They played the same set. Each time closing with Paranoid. They did not play The Wizard at either show. I have never seen them play it live despite seeing them 4 times throughout the years.

jcocks
5th November 2011, 07:02
With so many things happening on the 8th (Asteroid passby, possible sun hotspot facing us burping solar flares, FEMA emergency test, not to mention the G20 was basically a failure as far as producing definitive action to help avert the next crash, did I miss anything??), is it possible we may be looking at the 11th being the culmination of energies - many of which may be transformative. Interesting times indeed. Not particularly comfortable, but not a devastating situation either....

transiten
5th November 2011, 08:27
"Being paranoid doesn't mean you're not followed" Curt Cobain Nirvana

jackovesk
5th November 2011, 08:38
Black Sabbath 'WAR PIGS'

From their 1970 album, Paranoid, one of Black Sabbath's greatest songs ever:

War Pigs. Video Lyrics. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo135x0oXo8&feature=fvst

PS -
Tony Iommi Quote: "It's more back to the old original stuff" I hope there are more 'Truth' Songs like the one 'above'...

Tony
5th November 2011, 08:51
I once designed a album cover for Black Sabbath, they didn't like it......it wasn't evil enough!

Lord Sidious
5th November 2011, 09:08
Onya Rob!

OorZcOzNcgE

Take me back!

Erm, this is Deep Purple.
I can let you off, but only because Ian Gillan joined Sabbath in 1983 for the Born Again album.
Bloody good one too.

Anyone who ever tried to nail Iommi's solo on "You Won't Change Me" note for note, as I did as a teenager, would soon come to realise that the man is a God. I can run with the Mayans having predicted this.

You know that Iommi has two fingertips missing from his fretting hand?
He can't even feel the strings with those two fingers.
That's where the heavy sound came from, he had to use heavier gauge strings and they tuned them down to compensate.

I saw Black Sabbath on their first American Tour, when they only had their first album out. The were the number two opening act for Rod Stewart and the Small Faces, at the Fillmore East. Tickets were 5.50. The bulk of the crowd was there for Sabbath.We booed the Faces for two songs before we accepted that Sabbath would nor be doing an encore. I saw them later that week where they played a bar called Unganos. We say at tables and waitresses brought us drinks. They played the same set. Each time closing with Paranoid. They did not play The Wizard at either show. I have never seen them play it live despite seeing them 4 times throughout the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ5jhtFypg

The Wizard?
Yeah, we can do that.

Heyoka_11
5th November 2011, 09:28
[Erm, this is Deep Purple. I can let you off, but only because Ian Gillan joined Sabbath in 1983 for the Born Again album. Bloody good one too.

Um...er....yes, that's what I was thinking about. (cough, cough!)

A thousand pardons Rob!

I think that my blunder was actually intended to clear a safe path for PurpleLams's reference to Deep Purple in post number 7.

I shall now go and do my penance, consisting of seven Glen Campbells, and six Barbara Streisands.

music
5th November 2011, 09:30

That's where the heavy sound came from, he had to use heavier gauge strings and they tuned them down to compensate.

Good thing he wasn't missing the entire two fingers, he might have had more a Django Rheinhardt sound, which I doubt would have sat that well over Geezer and Bill's rythym section.

The Wizard ... their best to my mind.

Lord Sidious
5th November 2011, 09:38

Good thing he wasn't missing the entire two fingers, he might have had more a Django Rheinhardt sound, which I doubt would have sat that well over Geezer and Bill's rythym section.

The Wizard ... their best to my mind.

Django was the inspiration for him to continue on, funny enough.
I am glad he did, no one shreds like Iommi.

Lily de Cuir
5th November 2011, 09:56
Onya Rob!

OorZcOzNcgE

Take me back!

Erm, this is Deep Purple.
I can let you off, but only because Ian Gillan joined Sabbath in 1983 for the Born Again album.
Bloody good one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ5jhtFypg

The Wizard?
Yeah, we can do that.

Holy Crap! Even I liked that and I'm normally into Joni Mitchell, Amy Winehouse and Sade (among others). I know, I can hear the boos...amongst you boysie boys, lol...:behindsofa:

My son would kill to be able to drum that set.

And what the hell were they ON! Jesus H Christ, Ozzy hardly blinks...:twitch:

Lily

Black Panther
5th November 2011, 11:23
Black Sabbath 'WAR PIGS'

From their 1970 album, Paranoid, one of Black Sabbath's greatest songs ever:

War Pigs. Video Lyrics. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo135x0oXo8&feature=fvst

PS -
Tony Iommi Quote: "It's more back to the old original stuff" I hope there are more 'Truth' Songs like the one 'above'...

I would never listen to Black Sabbath before, but after listening to this number
it is actually quite good! :rockon: And I like Truth songs too, like 'Uprising' from Muse.
Well... if the Lord says it's good, it's good! :agree:

STATIC
5th November 2011, 12:47
grin... I love black sabbath. But i was not expecting the contents of this thread
Question: what's going down on 11/11/11 Answer: Sabbath reunion :rockon:
hehe
I get 11/11 syncro's every day so i'm waiting patiently
only 6 more days
I will not be a happy camper if nothing happens

Erik_dc
5th November 2011, 13:05
Those first 8 albums they made where with me while I was 'waking up'. Coincidence or not, dunno, but they left there influence on me (and a poster on the wall)

http://hotstuffdropship.com/store/images/4127BlackSabbathEarlyYears.jpg

I also love Django, wonderful music. I did not know Django was the one that pushed Tony forward, amazing!

Z47_OUfcK6U

eaglespirit
5th November 2011, 13:35
Black Sabbath Lyrics. Enjoy!

Prompted to bring War Pigs lyrics here:

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!

Lord Sidious
5th November 2011, 14:10
Those first 8 albums they made where with me while I was 'waking up'. Coincidence or not, dunno, but they left there influence on me (and a poster on the wall)

http://hotstuffdropship.com/store/images/4127BlackSabbathEarlyYears.jpg

I also love Django, wonderful music. I did not know Django was the one that pushed Tony forward, amazing!

Z47_OUfcK6U

Thanks for that vid, man, can Iommi shred like no other.
And I love most of the albums, even the ones without Ozzy.
I even liked the Tony Martin era. I think he is underappreciated.

Ivanhoe
5th November 2011, 15:56
Summer of 70 in Oxford, Ohio at Miami U., low and behold a street vendor selling records from a box for $2.50 a pop. Who was this group? Black Sabbath "Paranoid"? Never heard of them. Guess I'll buy one, who know's, they might be o.k.
Smoke a doobie, eat a shroom,...... WOW!!!!
:cool:

lightning23
5th November 2011, 16:16
:closed::closed:

STATIC
5th November 2011, 16:29
I totally agree manuk, and I have been actively meditating my intentions for that day.
I find it very curious that this test of the emergency broadcast system is happening on the 9th
I smell false flag, but like you said we must manifest the reality that we want.
Therefore I will not allow them to sway my emotions towards fear...

lightning23
5th November 2011, 16:43
:closed::closed:

STATIC
5th November 2011, 17:03
Again I agree.
however now that i think about it, the only reason that I apply this number to a date is because I really want to see change in our world. And I want it now.
So i secretly wish that all the prompts around this number are saying to me... Be ready this will be the beginning of a new world (possibly a huge blast of unity consciousness 1111111 one HMMM)
And i would like it to be coming on ohh maybe next week. That would be nice :)

Calz
6th November 2011, 01:03
IfMrq64_fjw

jcocks
6th November 2011, 01:30
Again I agree.
however now that i think about it, the only reason that I apply this number to a date is because I really want to see change in our world. And I want it now.
So i secretly wish that all the prompts around this number are saying to me... Be ready this will be the beginning of a new world (possibly a huge blast of unity consciousness 1111111 one HMMM)

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't want death and destruction.... I just want something that makes people look beyond their nice cars, jobs, etc, and start considering that this reality may just be much more than is told to us. I want a catalyst for the masses - because the way I see it, not enough people are awake - and the more that awaken, the more power there is behind us who wish to usurp the PTB rom their undeserved thrones so we can bring in the world we want to see...

PurpleLama
6th November 2011, 01:43
Again I agree.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't want death and destruction.... I just want something that makes people look beyond their nice cars, jobs, etc, and start considering that this reality may just be much more than is told to us. I want a catalyst for the masses - because the way I see it, not enough people are awake - and the more that awaken, the more power there is behind us who wish to usurp the PTB rom their undeserved thrones so we can bring in the world we want to see...

9QQ0hH4MYsk

Calz
6th November 2011, 02:28
I was starting high school when I remember Black Sabbath surfacing.

Never got the chance to see them live ... but only cuz they didn't come close enough.

aLq8KZQ0L_8

Calz
7th November 2011, 16:14
No way to let the thread die without an oncore ...

Not even 11.11.11 yet ... c'mon hard metal nuggetheads ....

UKDv53XdSn8

Lord Sidious
11th November 2011, 21:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU3SZjfbcpI&hd=1

BLACK SABBATH
REUNITES TO RECORD FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN 33 YEARS
AND LAUNCH MASSIVE WORLD TOUR IN 2012

OZZY OSBOURNE, TONY IOMMI, GEEZER BUTLER AND BILL WARD
UNVEIL PLANS ON 11/11/11
AT A LOS ANGELES PRESS CONFERENCE
AT THE WHISKY A GO-GO,
WHERE THE BAND PERFORMED THEIR FIRST LOS ANGELES DATE EXACTLY 41 YEARS AGO

After much speculation, the original four members of BLACK SABBATH--OZZY OSBOURNE (vocals), TONY IOMMI (guitar), GEEZER BUTLER (bass) and BILL WARD (drums)--have reunited to record their first new studio album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year) and to embark on a massive world tour in 2012.

OSBOURNE, IOMMI, BUTLER and WARD as well as Rubin all gathered today on 11/11/11 to announce the news at a Los Angeles press conference at the legendary club, the Whisky A Go-Go, the site of the groundbreaking and influential band’s first L.A. concert exactly 41 years ago (Nov 11, 1970). The event was hosted by the revered musical and spoken word artist Henry Rollins who has said that “Any band worth their weight in napalm wishes they had written ‘War Pigs.’”

Selling over 70 million albums together, the Grammy-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have signed a new record deal worldwide with Vertigo and Vertigo/ Universal Republic in the U.S., the band’s original label. BLACK SABBATH is now in the studio recording the as-yet-untitled new album for release in the fall of 2012 (exact date TBA). It will mark their ninth studio album together and their first since 1978’s Never Say Die!

Next summer, BLACK SABBATH will headline the mammoth multi-day UK Download Festival in the U.K. on June 10. The new album will then be supported with a worldwide headline arena tour (dates TBA).

BLACK SABBATH also announced today the launch of www.blacksabbath.com, the first-ever official BLACK SABBATH website for all authorized BLACK SABBATH news. In addition, the band’s online presence will also be supported by social media via Facebook and Twitter--again, marking the band’s first-ever foray into the social media world.

BLACK SABBATH released their self-titled debut album in 1970. “Black Sabbath is credited with creating heavy metal,” according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “The success of their first two albums--Black Sabbath and Paranoid--marked a paradigm shift in the world of rock. Not until Black Sabbath upended the music scene did the term ‘heavy metal’ enter the popular vocabulary to describe the denser, more thunderous offshoot of rock over which they presided.” The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame also noted, “…they remain one of the most misunderstood bands in rock history,” adding: “The band’s musicality was generally overlooked, but they possessed an inventiveness and fluency that, in hindsight, makes them seem as much of a progressive-rock band as a heavy-metal one.”

In 1998, BLACK SABBATH released Reunion from their 1997 concerts in Birmingham, England, a two-CD live set that featured two new studio songs. The band has also sporadically reunited for shows in 1999, 2002 and 2004; in 2005, the four performed concerts together when they toured Europe and then headlined the 10th anniversary of Osbourne’s namesake festival OZZfest. Also in 2005, they were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame by Brian May of Queen. This was followed by their induction in 2006 into the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed on them by Metallica’s James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/bandpics/2011group_800.jpg

Carmody
11th November 2011, 22:06
The original version of the wizard is a masterpiece, the way it was done. They all stepped back and Bill Ward, the drummer ---was the lead.

And he never really repeated himself once.

That is why it is so hard to do on stage. One thing is that the rest of the given band has a hard time escaping the entire 'plot' of how these things are done, which is lead guitar, etc (they fall into the usual patterns). Also, the whole speeding up, the amping up (the 'live' speed up thingie)....this does not work for 'the wizard'. The drummer needs the original timing and speed to flesh out this 'lead drummer' situation properly, so it sounds correct. He's already going as fast as he can, as fast as the song warrants.

Listen closely. It's already as fast as it can go.

YCjspyo-_aI

Fred Steeves
11th November 2011, 22:12
YCjspyo-_aI

One of my all time favorites.

Billy
11th November 2011, 22:14
I saw Black Sabbath, Black Widow and Taste in Scotland, Inverness Football stadium in 1970 ish. I was 15yrs old

B81MSF2nRSE

d-IyyZGlCqk

I embraced Rory as he left the stage, Memories Lol