PDA

View Full Version : Color of our names - why it is the one it is

uncleroach
9th November 2011, 08:43
I was notising for a while that a lot of people have purple for their name color.
And I'm interested why have all of you chosen the colour that you have, not just purple but otherst as weal.

And afcorse if I'm asking for something it's only fair to tell you why have I chosen this colour.
Years ago I read in magazine an article about Count of St. Germain (if I remember corectly). And in this article it sead that purple is the color of earth. And this was the one of the reasons that I chose it. It also brings strenth and sence of calmnes to my mind in it's more saturated tones that have a hint of blue in them.

If I had to choose the colour again, it would purple as weal, but most likely not with the same reasons.

In colour psihology is sead to represent royalty and wealth but also wisdom and spirituality. And in my opinion the wisdom and spirituality part is one of the reason for the amount of purple colord names.

I thank you for answers and apologise for spelling mistakes.

Lord Sidious
9th November 2011, 08:49
I was notising for a while that a lot of people have purple for their name color.
And I'm interested why have all of you chosen the colour that you have, not just purple but otherst as weal.

And afcorse if I'm asking for something it's only fair to tell you why have I chosen this colour.
Years ago I read in magazine an article about Count of St. Germain (if I remember corectly). And in this article it sead that purple is the color of earth. And this was the one of the reasons that I chose it. It also brings strenth and sence of calmnes to my mind in it's more saturated tones that have a hint of blue in them.

If I had to choose the colour again, it would purple as weal, but most likely not with the same reasons.

In colour psihology is sead to represent royalty and wealth but also wisdom and spirituality. And in my opinion the wisdom and spirituality part is one of the reason for the amount of purple colord names.

I thank you for answers and apologise for spelling mistakes.

The colours are all settings within the forum software set by the administrators.
We can't choose for ourselves.

Amity
9th November 2011, 08:51
So you went for the American spelling of colour I see. Interesting.

uncleroach
9th November 2011, 09:36
@Lord Sidious
I'm soure you'r right, because I can't find it anywhere. But I am also 100% shure that I had a choise betwen a smaler number of colors when I joined.

@Amity
I didn't even noticet the difference. We had english english in school, but most of oother stuf I read is in american english, so I mix both.

Lord Sidious
9th November 2011, 09:37
@Lord Sidious
I'm soure you'r right, because I can't find it anywhere. But I am also 100% shure that I had a choise betwen a smaler number of colors when I joined.

@Amity
I didn't even noticet the difference. We had english english in school, but most of oother stuf I read is in american english, so I mix both.

When you joined, there was a different system in place.
The colour of your name changed as your status changed.
That was done away with and now we are all either provisional members or full members.
But we never had the ability to choose the colour ourself.

uncleroach
9th November 2011, 09:54
[QUOTE=uncleroach;351378]When you joined, there was a different system in place.
The colour of your name changed as your status changed.
That was done away with and now we are all either provisional members or full members.
But we never had the ability to choose the colour ourself.

Oh then this thread is quite pointles.
But never the less, I am still sure that I had a choise of colour when joining. Thats the reason why I started this thread to.