PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Oil Spill? Largest Environmental Disaster in US...

ascendingstarseed
29th June 2010, 06:36
Follow the link below for topography maps of the Gulf of Mexico sea floor, with a better idea of the terrain it's much easier to understand why many experts are saying this was no accident. It really couldn't have been in a more difficult place to get to, as well as being next to a canyon wall making the risk of landslides over the wellhead a real possibility - especially in a region where earthquakes are common place.

Where is the Oil Spill?
Largest environmental disaster in U.S., and possibly world history

By Washington's Blog

Global Research, June 21, 2010
Washington's Blog - 2010-06-18

It's the largest environmental disaster in U.S. - and possibly world history.

But do you know exactly where it is? Could you point to a map and show where the oil rig sank?

Do you know what the topography of the surrounding area is?

Hint: If you think it's flat seafloor - as implied by BPs drawings - you'd be wrong (the spill site is actually located within a giant canyon system, rather than on flat ground).

This essay will provide some basic orientation as to ground zero for the oil spill.

Where Is the Spill Site?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=19813

Elandiel BernElve
29th June 2010, 07:27
Thanks ascendingstarseed !

These images give a good x-ray view of the area. If I'm reading the data right then it seems the mexican Gulf is like a bathtub. With oil continiously pooring in it would be the least favorable seafloor formation possible.

ascendingstarseed
29th June 2010, 09:32
These maps really helped give a much better understanding of what's going on underwater. It appears that the oil goes into the bath tub and hangs out for awhile in plumes before it drains. Then it gets sucked into the the gulf stream - toxins and all - travels through the Florida Keys and up the East Coast before heading towards Europe...hope they have the foresight to start preparing.

Bill Ryan
29th June 2010, 10:40
This is a very good site:

http://ifitwasmyhome.com

You can supermipose the oil in the Gulf on to any other part of the world (including where you live). Kinda puts it into perspective. Like this:

http://projectavalon.net/Gulf_oil_slick_on_UK_29_June.jpg

ascendingstarseed
30th June 2010, 10:01
Kinda puts it into perspective

It sure does...yikes! It's much larger than the entire chain of the Hawaii islands, which is a very large area! I spoke with a geophysicist from Monterrey today, he confirmed that the pipe is broken below in the ground and that we don't have the technology to fix this. He also doubted the success of the relief wells. So, it sounds like the plume will get much, much bigger :rant:

Great link Bill, thanks now I can watch it grow!

Bill Ryan
30th June 2010, 12:37
Kinda puts it into perspective
It sure does...yikes! It's much larger than the entire chain of the Hawaii islands, which is a very large area! I spoke with a geophysicist from Monterrey today, he confirmed that the pipe is broken below in the ground and that we don't have the technology to fix this. He also doubted the success of the relief wells. So, it sounds like the plume will get much, much bigger :rant:

Great link Bill, thanks now I can watch it grow!

Many thanks for the valuable info. I've send you a PM [Private message] - do look in your personal inbox.

If there's any way you can elaborate on this news (publicly here or privately to myself), thousands of people would appreciate it - especially if your friend is someone directly or indirectly in the know.

All best wishes, Bill