PDA

View Full Version : Chinas Ghost Army: The Terracotta Army

The One
12th November 2011, 21:23
Since being unearthed in 1974, experts have attempted to resolve an enduring enigma about one of archaeology's greatest finds. Now, with the help of 21st century technology, the once mighty army with its life size warriors rises from the dust of two millennia.

The Terracotta Army (literally "soldier and horse funerary statues") or the "Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses", is a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.

The figures, dating from 210 BC, were discovered in 1974 by some local farmers in Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi province, near the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor

enjoy

eWTBDMpdsrw

mojo
12th November 2011, 21:29
Great find ty The one

Cidersomerset
12th November 2011, 22:29
Thanks TheOne very interresting documentry I wondered how they were produced and painted and the spin off tech at the end is intrigueing....Steve

Ecnal61
13th November 2011, 18:33
very interesting film, thanks The One.

mojo
13th November 2011, 20:43
Since the terracotta sculptures were as unique as individuals. Do you think they were made in the likeness of each soldier or was it artistic discretion? Did the emperor know about the special qualities of the purple Chinese? And interesting relationship with Egyptian blue. The sculptures must have looked lifelike when the colors were still fresh...I wonder if any tests were done in terms of paranormal activity where they were found?

ps...I did a little search and discovered this recent clip. You can see the colors on some of the warrriors and that there were also clay horses...

9iKdLRJWtPg