PDA

View Full Version : Escaping the United States

Sidney
14th November 2011, 03:21
My husband and I have a (long term) goal, to ultimately free ourselves from this country. I Decided to start a thread so that perhaps everyone here who also would like to escape can benefit from some shared information.

There are alot of websites and books, but quite honestly we don't have a clue where to begin. We need a plan, so that when we are realistic able to leave (familial obligations), we can pick up and go.

We are just now beginning our research into where,how,laws,governments, and of course money and language/barriers.

Any recommendations,advice, resources are requested and welcomed. I will also share what I can find.

Arrowwind
14th November 2011, 03:23
Belize. Very beautiful and warm and they speak English.

Carmody
14th November 2011, 04:26
#1, get your passport.
#2, never let your government know you are thinking of leaving. (Internal Revenue is flagged and your file is red tagged)

Calz
14th November 2011, 04:34
#1, get your passport.
#2, never let your government know you are thinking of leaving. (Internal Revenue is flagged and your file is red tagged)

New passports are all chipped ... fwiw.

Lord Sidious
14th November 2011, 04:35
My husband and I have a (long term) goal, to ultimately free ourselves from this country. I Decided to start a thread so that perhaps everyone here who also would like to escape can benefit from some shared information.

There are alot of websites and books, but quite honestly we don't have a clue where to begin. We need a plan, so that when we are realistic able to leave (familial obligations), we can pick up and go.

We are just now beginning our research into where,how,laws,governments, and of course money and language/barriers.

Any recommendations,advice, resources are requested and welcomed. I will also share what I can find.

This is similar to all the good cops deserting the force, you end up with nuggets only.
So you leave the united snakes, then what?
Avoiding the issues isn't a good thing, solving them is best.
At the very least, you can lead others to begin their own journeys to their holy grail.

Calz
14th November 2011, 04:47

This is similar to all the good cops deserting the force, you end up with nuggets only.
At the very least, you can lead others to begin their own journeys to their holy grail.

I agree.

I considered bailing a few years ago but decided to stick it out. Somewhat akin to the fear of dying I guess. We are co-creators of the reality we have around us.

So you move to a utopian tropical island that is perfect in every way ... and then what. Gaia does her earth change thang and sloshes around a bit and there you go ...

I expect most everyone, everywhere, will have challanges to face at some point (possibly sooner rather than later).

I suspect that is what we "signed up" for and why we are here?

TWINCANS
14th November 2011, 04:50
If you are meant to relocate for your highest purpose, it will happen. Why not try travelling, just to get a feel of places? Literally, how does it feel? There is a huge difference in frequency from place to place. But that is the same within the united snakes (we've used it here since the 50's, LS. lol) so hop in the car too.

I agree with his Lordship that there might be a call on another level for you to remain where you are so you can help others. The urge to leave might be more of an 'end of cycle, I'm ready to try another incarnational round on another dysfunctional planet' kind of thing.

Jonathon
14th November 2011, 05:08
Probably no place will be left untouched in truth, however if you are going for the right reasons, synchronicity will guide you once you ask for help with the decision. With all else aside, go to the place that brings you the most joy. Catalyst will be with you anywhere and everywhere - it helps to know you are fulfilled when it comes.

Sidney
14th November 2011, 05:25
well realistically it would not be for 6 to 8 yrs. So plenty of time to do my work locally, whatever that may be. I am just so suffocated with all the crap lately, I can't breath. political/law crap that is. I feel I may be able to tolerate these nexr 8 or ten years if I have an actual do able plan to find a greener pasture. We dont need much, were pretty minimalistic thinking. But our lives are so stressful, and I would like to find some real happiness, and it aint here. Like I said, we are just scratching the surface, gotta start somewhere. When I die, I want it to be on the beach, looking at the beaututiful w aves crashing. At peace, not worrying about the feds trying to cheat my kids out of their inheritance and the like.

I figure in 8 years I can get really fluent in spanish, or portugese or both.

Any im getting tired and rambling. More on this tommorrow. Nighty NIghts Nuggets.

modwiz
14th November 2011, 05:27

I agree.

I considered bailing a few years ago but decided to stick it out. Somewhat akin to the fear of dying I guess. We are co-creators of the reality we have around us.

So you move to a utopian tropical island that is perfect in every way ... and then what. Gaia does her earth change thang and sloshes around a bit and there you go ...

I expect most everyone, everywhere, will have challanges to face at some point (possibly sooner rather than later).

I'm staying because Ben Fulford and the White Dragons are going to fix things and then we will all have a holiday. As much as I find this very hard to believe I will hold the space for it to happen. In the meantime I'll be holding the fort with Calz and few other masochists. :hurt::whip:

jorr lundstrom
14th November 2011, 05:56

I agree.

I'm staying because Ben Fulford and the White Dragons are going to fix things and then we will all have a holiday. As much as I find this very hard to believe I will hold the space for it to happen. In the meantime I'll be holding the fort with Calz and few other masochists. :hurt::whip:

Modwiz, Im sure the cannibals in Western Irian on Papua New Guinea would

consider you being a good person and would probably invite you for dinner, :playball:

modwiz
14th November 2011, 05:59

I agree.

Modwiz, Im sure the cannibals in Western Irian on Papua New Guinea would

consider you being a good person and would probably invite you for dinner, :playball:

What an 'appetizing' thought. :eek:

mosquito
14th November 2011, 05:59
You can't escape, it's everywhere. "It" being the force which has made the USA (indeed the modern world) so unbearable for you and many others.

The same laws are being enacted worldwide, the same mentality pervades everywhere, it's just that some places are a little further behind than others.
More and more countries are tightening up on their immigration laws, making it more difficult to get work. One reason I'm planning on staying in China is that I'm here, I've had residence for 3 years and so far, I've had no real problems. I've looked at other Asian countries but China remains my safest bet.

If you have money, there are plenty of places you can buy residence, because money, unfortunately, is what it comes down to. For an American, Panama and Ecuador are comparatively easy and comparatively cheap places to buy your new nationality, but Ecuador in particular is dependent on the USA, as they scrapped their own currency in favour of the dollar, so it may well be an OK place now, but when the dollar collapses, it won't be so cozy.

A piece of advice - lots of people will tell you that such-and-such a place is cheap which, when you go there on holiday with a fistful of dollars may be true, but what you need to consider is the cost of living in relation to what you can earn in local currency, working for LOCAL PEOPLE. South America becomes a lot less attractive then, I know, I used to live in Peru.

Good luck !!

modwiz
14th November 2011, 06:12
You can't escape, it's everywhere. "It" being the force which has made the USA (indeed the modern world) so unbearable for you and many others.

The same laws are being enacted worldwide, the same mentality pervades everywhere, it's just that some places are a little further behind than others.
More and more countries are tightening up on their immigration laws, making it more difficult to get work. One reason I'm planning on staying in China is that I'm here, I've had residence for 3 years and so far, I've had no real problems. I've looked at other Asian countries but China remains my safest bet.

If you have money, there are plenty of places you can buy residence, because money, unfortunately, is what it comes down to. For an American, Panama and Ecuador are comparatively easy and comparatively cheap places to buy your new nationality, but Ecuador in particular is dependent on the USA, as they scrapped their own currency in favour of the dollar, so it may well be an OK place now, but when the dollar collapses, it won't be so cozy.

A piece of advice - lots of people will tell you that such-and-such a place is cheap which, when you go there on holiday with a fistful of dollars may be true, but what you need to consider is the cost of living in relation to what you can earn in local currency, working for LOCAL PEOPLE. South America becomes a lot less attractive then, I know, I used to live in Peru.

Good luck !!

Yes, you are right. The disease is everywhere. Might as well deal with the healing crisis where you are.

BTW, you're making me 'hungry' for Sichuan food. :ohwell::tongue1:

whenyournex2me
14th November 2011, 06:31
I've been contemplating leaving the USA as well, to explore new land, culture, and just for fun... for over two years now. I have done some research thus far and it can take a year or two to get things prepared. It can also cost ya depending on where you are wanting to go. Belize is nice, cause the language is English mainly. I considered this region to relocate to myself. There are some nice websites out there to help people that want to leave the USA and relocate elsewhere, though atm, I don't have them saved on my laptop. I will leave the USA soon enough, after college. I have even considered taking my financial aid to pay for the expenses to leave, and just go. I can understand what you mean and feel, thinking about the future of the USA. To be honest, I'm a lil disappointed to read the replies to this post. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to move around. Especially when we are talking about safety for our families. There isn't any way possible IMHO, that the people of the USA will make the FED, or the government change it's ways. And I don't think ET will zip down here to simply fix it for us either... The USA is the way it is, and has been even when George Washington was president. (creating the three documents out of fear, cause even he knew, he had little control of what was to come, and tried to postpone the inevitable). There is no shame is self refuge, especially when it comes to your families safety.

Getting the passport is easy. Paying the fines, fees, and tax is easy. I have read it's a matter of choosing work, what are you going to do to contribute to the new country, and learning a new language (if required). Other than that, as far as work is considered, that is the hard part IMO. Next is paper work, security clearance ( if required with new country law), and patience... This takes time... IDK why, maybe there are many people wanting to enter the country... or maybe they are slow and don't use internet. I am going to be checking into if education will benefit the move as well, say, I get permission to move into said country if, I am a student... and how that will get paid for etc...

I will bookmark this post so I can also add info when I find it. I am really sick of the mentality of Americans and their consumer materialistic ways. I want to die on the beach as well or something peaceful, not in fear or violence for the people and future of our kids... You really can only control your own reality tunnel and placing yourself in a peaceful state is something we all should do. I wonder what would be the outcome if 2/3 of USA citizens left the country to flee, to other countries. This isn't a matter of America, but its a global problem that is the cause, and simply finding a better place to live is A ok with me. Good luck with your adventure and I would honestly take two years for a prep and move assessment, and get out asap. Put it a top priority for you and your hubby. You can still do good for everyone no matter where you are on the globe. I know I do. :)

meeradas
14th November 2011, 09:04
Guys,
thanks.
I've been pondering where to go, ever since i came here...

Thinking about the issue, cancelling out "politics, religion & economy",
i could settle almost anywhere on the planet.

It's lovely here - without 'the three demented stooges'.

If i INCLUDE "politics, religion & economy", the result is always, "well, i have to leave this planet, then".

So, i'll just stay where i'm at now...

:violin:

Fred Steeves
14th November 2011, 09:36
Well, I've got two thoughts on this subject:

1) Someone has to stay here and help clean up this mess.

2) Remember George Carlin's infamous observation: "When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat".

Cheers,
Fred

KosmicKat
14th November 2011, 15:51

My current understanding of the situation is that

our planet is in an area of space currently under quarantine, and our planet is quarantined within the quarantine.
universal law does not allow the kind of behavior (on the part of those who govern the nations) we are seeing at present to continue indefinitely but a human lifespan is mayfly-brief.
there are provisions for extraordinary circumstances but we can't twiddle our thumbs and wait for the cavalry. We have to get ourselves out of this mess however long it takes.

Unified Serenity
14th November 2011, 16:29
There is the free states project going on in New Hampshire. They even have some radio time so I get to hear what is going on with it when I happen to tune in at the right time. It sound interesting, but I am a Floridian and New Hampshire sounds awfully cold in the winter,no wonder they are getting away with it, who wants to live up there? J/k

It's pretty and they have a live and let live attitude. Check it out.

Eagle
14th November 2011, 16:38
Here is the real question, do you run or do you stay and fight. what place on Earth is not going to be impacted by what the PTB are doing? regardless of where you go there are going to be issues. to me it isnt the location but rather the people you need to worry about, I would rather be in a place where I know my neighbors and how they will react if an Emergency were to take place. being in a place where people are willing to help at the drop of a hat as opposed to being on a tropical island where you are on your own anyways is a moot point.

Sidney
14th November 2011, 17:04
Here is the real question, do you run or do you stay and fight. what place on Earth is not going to be impacted by what the PTB are doing? regardless of where you go there are going to be issues. to me it isnt the location but rather the people you need to worry about, I would rather be in a place where I know my neighbors and how they will react if an Emergency were to take place. being in a place where people are willing to help at the drop of a hat as opposed to being on a tropical island where you are on your own anyways is a moot point.

Well, I am not a fighter. I love PEACE. Harmony,nature,quiet, and respect. We get one life (that we can remember anyway). I've spent 50 years in this miserable country. And the last 5, I have seen it deteriorate to crumbs. I feel I am entitled to more than crumbs. I want some cake before I die.

My husband and I went to Mexico this summer. We did not stay in the usual tourist areas, but rented a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean, in a tiny little town. People there dont have much at all. Barely making enough to feed the kids. But they are so incredibly friendly, and respectful. Loving is a better word. No "cell"towers. No rat race. No anger. I am sure it exists there in places like everywhere else, but the culture there was a totally different feel.

We weren't treated like criminals in the airport there either, but the US customs was stressful. Once upon a time, vacations were meant to get away from stress. Now? Not so much.

RMorgan
14th November 2011, 17:20
The human being is so weird...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... Lotīs of people are risking their lives to go live in the USA, and another group of people canīt wait to get out of there...Itīs just strange.

Anyway, I could make you a list of some very nice "gringo" friendly places that you would love to live here in Brazil! Let me know if youīre interested, right?

You canīt forget that when you live outside your country, youīll always be a "gringo" and sometimes it isnīt that good.

Cheers,

Raf.

Bill Ryan
14th November 2011, 17:33
-------

Vilcabamba.

Not at all perfect (read this interesting thread, particularly the last page, where the pros and cons are discussed intelligently)...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?29686-Life-in-Vilcabamba

...but many people have looked at all the alternatives and chosen to come here from the US.

Syl
14th November 2011, 17:41
Heh.. somehow i would love to leave the netherlands aswell,.. dont really like the mentality anymore, but yeah.. the grass on the otherside of the fence looks often greener.. Nah,. i guess i have it pretty good for the time being, but if i ever got a solid chance of leaving i just might :) (some family members migrated to new Zealand, which apeals to me in way.. so does south america,.. but those buggers seem a bit violent some times :P) As for wellfare and wellbeing the netherlands is still proper and reasonably tidy country, so no, i dont need to complain at all.
I would love to welcome anyone from avalon who happens to pass the netherlands and needs a place to crash though.

sojorner
14th November 2011, 17:44
I think, for many, the time has come to think about where they need to be or don't need to be.

Listen to your heart and make the neccessary preparations.

I do not live in the United States, however, if I did, I'd be making backup emergency plans. And, if I couldn't leave, I'd be looking to live in a safer, and smaller community, where there's ample water, and food won't be an issue. (if Possible.)

It may be Gaia, your Higher Self, etc. who is guiding you at this moment to look for safe haven elsewhere.

Soj

Davidallany
14th November 2011, 17:51

Wherever you go to settle , for your safety, do not mention you came from the USA. Say you are a Canadian instead.

Limor Wolf
14th November 2011, 18:06
No judjment here,starchild111. I believe that you and your husband have a gut feeling of what you want and need to do,and its perfectly fine to want to have the cake,as long as you listen to your intuative side.
I will not invite you to Israel,unless you want to experience more of the very law vibrations.I will personally need to stick where I am,whenever I tried to leave in the past,I was directed back. I do not feel that I belong in this place (but also feel like a tourist on this planet sometimes) but If I will be able to somehow be of help to even one person,than I am sticking here,nueclear war or not.I am not afraid to die,but I know how much others want to live,and there is no reason that we will not live a beautifull life with all the discoveries yet to be found by the general public.

I am sure that you have and are considering this coin from both ends and know -as RMorgan has said: -" That the grass is not always greener at the otherside of the fence..".I hope that you will find what you are looking for,and I am certain that if it meant to be,than the opportunity will present itself to you,no worries.
best of luck

~*&^~*&

Limor

pyrangello
14th November 2011, 18:27
The more simple and plain the lifestyle, the less impact it will be for you wherever you are. If your looking at moving Starchild in 6 -8 years I would just suggest a short term/ long term plan. The short term is the current time we live in and where you live. Just prep accordingly should society unravel for a bit. Once you feel comfortable at that point then focus on your long term goal of where you would like to end up. I moved out of the detroit area 15 years ago and live in a farming small town community. I lowered my carbon footprint demand as going for a more simple lifestyle, less cost to live, smaller house,smaller utility bills, wood stove for heat, ect, ect. I still have a bit more to go but I'm slowly getting there and appreciating more as I do.

Follow your intuition as that is your guide ,but by breaking them up into gradual stages short term/long term you actually have just started your plan. For your short term plan now check out the book "Dare to prepare" by Stan Deyo. Lots of good info in this book and I've given away many to my friends and family all who have said many thanks . Enjoy your journey!

Sidney
14th November 2011, 18:35
Yup, have the short term covered.:cool:

Syl
14th November 2011, 19:06
The more simple and plain the lifestyle, the less impact it will be for you wherever you are. If your looking at moving Starchild in 6 -8 years I would just suggest a short term/ long term plan. The short term is the current time we live in and where you live. Just prep accordingly should society unravel for a bit. Once you feel comfortable at that point then focus on your long term goal of where you would like to end up. I moved out of the detroit area 15 years ago and live in a farming small town community. I lowered my carbon footprint demand as going for a more simple lifestyle, less cost to live, smaller house,smaller utility bills, wood stove for heat, ect, ect. I still have a bit more to go but I'm slowly getting there and appreciating more as I do.

Follow your intuition as that is your guide ,but by breaking them up into gradual stages short term/long term you actually have just started your plan. For your short term plan now check out the book "Dare to prepare" by Stan Deyo. Lots of good info in this book and I've given away many to my friends and family all who have said many thanks . Enjoy your journey!

I envy you for as far i can read, really..

Camilo
14th November 2011, 19:14
I did escape the USA 8 years ago, because I saw what was coming some time before, and started preparing for it, specially financially. Some of my friends still stuck in there now realize I did the right thing at the right time and now tell me so, regreting they didn't do it on time (mostly because they didn't believe what I told them back then). Now it seems if you didn't prepare for it, it's really hard, if not impossible.

Limor Wolf
14th November 2011, 19:25
I did escape the USA 8 years ago, because I saw what was coming some time before, and started preparing for it, specially financially. Some of my friends still stuck in there now realize I did the right thing at the right time and now tell me so, regreting they didn't do it on time (mostly because they didn't believe what I told them back then). Now it seems if you didn't prepare for it, it's really hard, if not impossible.

Good for you Camilo,but why Impossible? change can be taken at almost every step in our life...

modwiz
14th November 2011, 22:33

My current understanding of the situation is that

our planet is in an area of space currently under quarantine, and our planet is quarantined within the quarantine.
universal law does not allow the kind of behavior (on the part of those who govern the nations) we are seeing at present to continue indefinitely but a human lifespan is mayfly-brief.
there are provisions for extraordinary circumstances but we can't twiddle our thumbs and wait for the cavalry. We have to get ourselves out of this mess however long it takes.

I am not saying the Ben and his ninjas are going to save us, but because they are us, Earthlings, they are not the cavalry, but one of us. They thereby fulfill our requirements to save ourselves. We may be surprised yet. I send the idea energy. It is better than despair and cluelessness. The occupy movements lack focus and implementation even though they are a joy to behold.

Fred Steeves
14th November 2011, 22:43
I am not saying the Ben and his ninjas are going to save us, but because they are us, Earthlings, they are not the cavalry, but one of us. They thereby fulfill our requirements to save ourselves. We may be surprised yet. I send the idea energy. It is better than despair and cluelessness.

Hi modwiz, I may be in a joking around mood right now, but this is a serious question: Do you really believe this secretive army of white hatted ninjas exists?

Cheers,
Fred

modwiz
14th November 2011, 23:14
I am not saying the Ben and his ninjas are going to save us, but because they are us, Earthlings, they are not the cavalry, but one of us. They thereby fulfill our requirements to save ourselves. We may be surprised yet. I send the idea energy. It is better than despair and cluelessness.

Hi modwiz, I may be in a joking around mood right now, but this is a serious question: Do you really believe this secretive army of white hatted ninjas exists?

Cheers,
Fred

No. I use it as a reference phrase.

meeradas
15th November 2011, 01:45
secretive army of white hatted ninjas

Whenever these guys come up, i have to think of "the clone wars" [and their end results]

mosquito
15th November 2011, 01:49
There seems to be a belief that you can just take yourself off to live somewhere without any planning. As someone who's been on the move for the last 5 years, let me assure you - the days of landing in a foreign country and being allowed to stay indefinitely ARE OVER !!! More and more countries are only issuing 15 day tourist visas; more and more countries will only issue visas in your country of origin; more and more countries are imposing age restrictions and irrelevant educational requirements on work visas.

So you either have to find somewhere which will sell you residency, or find somewhere where your skills are required, and even then you can expect to have obstacles put in your way. I'm not being negative, merely reporting the situation as it now stands.

A useful website is :

http://www.escapeartist.com/

Nani
15th November 2011, 02:32
I would say to you, respect your inner self and follow your instincts. There is an opinion for every person, some like to stay and fight, some would stay and try to change the unchangeable and some would like to try something else. So I invite you to consider being true to yourself and if you have 8 eight years you have plenty of time for traveling and reserching.
It is a wonderful idea to prepare yourself with other languages, I can help learning Spanish! AND if in the way you change your mind..........then follow your instincts!

Blessings.

Nani

HaveBlue
16th November 2011, 10:19
NZ is not so great when we are the first to have our govt charge us for the air we breath.
BTW the people of the USA are not hated. It is the Govts we don't agree with. My Govt included. Anyone that seeks the power to rule over others has a serious inferiority complex at best. The tyranny here is just a bit more subtle most of the time.
But if you really want to come here the South Island is way better than the North.

mosquito
16th November 2011, 10:29
New Zealand is one of many countries with age restrictions on immigrants, unfortunately, as it'd be a great place to go

Lord Sidious
16th November 2011, 11:17
New Zealand is one of many countries with age restrictions on immigrants, unfortunately, as it'd be a great place to go

NEW ZEALAND???
You gotta be joking, surely?
It's infested with Kiwis already!! :p

Calz
16th November 2011, 11:34

NEW ZEALAND???
You gotta be joking, surely?
It's infested with Kiwis already!! :p

Yeah but my real estate agent says he has found me a perfect cave dwelling ... solid as a rock ...

nomadguy
24th November 2011, 18:09
OK ok, so lets say you succeed and you "escape" from where ever you leaving from. Then how are you going to escape your destination?

Cartomancer
24th November 2011, 18:39
I was tempted to run away also. In the final analysis I decided to stay. It just seems fruitless to me to go and run away. We need everyone who is aware of this to stand up and say that it is wrong. No matter whether you are a liberal or conservative. They have factionalized us all and are doing everything they can to keep it this way. This is a tradition that goes back to the Romans. They intentionally created divisions in each colony based on sporting events and political views. Then they would play both sides of the debate. The Palio in Sienna, Italy is a perfect remaining example of this. These people fight each other, cheat, poison, -all sorts of skullduggery just to win a horse race. They become consumed with this and forget everything else. Instead of working together they fight over a horse race.

Please stay where you are and do what you can to help. If the worst happens going somewhere else is not going to help you or your children.