PDA

View Full Version : Breath-taking view of Earth as seen from International Space Station

ThePythonicCow
14th November 2011, 17:26
At this link Breath-taking view of Earth as seen from International Space Station (UK Telegraph) (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8889154/Breath-taking-view-of-Earth-as-seen-from-International-Space-Station.html) you will find 4 minutes of time-lapse images taken over 200 miles above Earth, that have been edited together to produce a mesmerising video of our planet.

eric charles
14th November 2011, 18:53
Man the Aurora borealis are just mind blowing . view from 200 miles up , man it looks like 1/2 a stones throw away

Little Ishta
14th November 2011, 19:02
:jaw: Wow wow wow! Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing that with us!

Limor Wolf
14th November 2011, 19:14
Houston, We have a ...beautiful planet!

Lisab
14th November 2011, 19:24
Laying here watching with my 6 year old Rudy. Rudy says thankyou Paul x Beautiful x Me love it too!!!

Zillah
14th November 2011, 22:20
*sighs* *cries* So beautiful my goodness.

The One
14th November 2011, 22:28
Now that was totaly awesome

http://vimeo.com/32001208

benevolentcrow
14th November 2011, 22:38
Another interesting view from space...

Here's a new geological conundrum courtesy of the Mysterious East: A group of people studying online maps stumbled across a series of strange patterns in the Chinese desert large enough to be seen from space. The unusual white designs appear to have been etched into the ground and their creators clearly don't lack for ambition: They are over one mile long and 3,000 feet wide. The researchers have yet to identify the silver or white material used to fabricate these outsize desert grids.

You can see a detailed satellite view of the desert pattern here.

WhiteFeather
14th November 2011, 23:16
Ahh the view from space, as you look down upon Mother Earth did you notice there are no boundary's that divide our countries, no limititation's, no religion's and just perhaps only one race on earth, and living together as One. Thanks Paul, Awesome!

Lord Sidious
14th November 2011, 23:18
Ahh the view from space, as you look down upon Mother Earth did you notice there are no boundary's that divide our countries, no limititation's, no religion's and just perhaps only one race on earth, and living together as One. Thanks Paul, Awesome!

Kinda makes all the ''issues'' look just plain dumb, doesn't it?

Gaia
15th November 2011, 00:29
Scientists desire. Engineers perspire. Poets admire ! Most definitely the best earth from space images I've ever seen ! Thank for sharing Paul !

Gaia

meeradas
15th November 2011, 01:21
i caught myself looking at the upper half of the vid - the stars - first...
when i looked down finally, the stuff i liked best was the lightning down t/here.
~~~
If everyone always held this perspective of the planet, i guess we'd have no probs at all.

WhiteFeather
15th November 2011, 02:17

Kinda makes all the ''issues'' look just plain dumb, doesn't it?

Yes it does Me Lord

taurad
15th November 2011, 02:47
can you imagine what they must feel up there, rotating in black matter, looking @ this little pearl...must be orgasmic...

they must also feel they OWN this little pearl, being able to spy on it, off it, @ will...while little insignificant brutes are sleeping somewhere at the crust...insignificant little creatures not worthy of accumulated knowledge...

hence the arrogance