PDA

View Full Version : Living in a fantasy world.

Tony
17th November 2011, 18:13
Living in a fantasy world.

What is the point of speculating about other timelines,
other dimensions, other possibilities?
We are here, now.
There is not other me somewhere else.
This is a pointless fantasy.
We are living in a dreamlike existence as it is, why compound the problem?
Do you want to live in a compound dream?
This sort of thing is merely a distraction from dealing with now.

If you cannot deal with now, with something you are actually aware of,
how can you deal with anything you know absolutely nothing about?

Is there a possibility you are believing all those things you see in videos?
Well, some of you seem to be using the same jargon!

Limor Wolf
17th November 2011, 18:22
Originally posted by Pien'eal: "What is the point of speculating about other timelines,
other dimensions, other possibilities? "

Maybe not speculating about them.just know they exist ~

jorr lundstrom
17th November 2011, 18:23

We are here, now.

So true, and you know you dont have to participate in anything of this.

Others might want to do just that this precious moment. LOL

Lord Sidious
17th November 2011, 18:27

We are here, now.

Sometimes the here and now is too painful, hence the speculation, the daydreams, the fantasies.

Tony
17th November 2011, 18:30
Well, if someone makes a decision about their life, that is wonderful.
It's like someone deciding to cross the road in heavy traffic, they know
how to judge the situation.

However, there may be a bystander not too aware, who just follows....and gets hit!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

We are here, now.

Sometimes the here and now is too painful, hence the speculation, the daydreams, the fantasies.

Correct...that's reality for you!

shamanseeker
17th November 2011, 18:31
Do you think we can change the timeline we are on to a more positive one with positive behaviour and thought?

Fred Steeves
17th November 2011, 18:32

To borrow from 9eagle9's signature, I don't even necessarily believe everything I think Tony. :) How bout you?

Cheers,
Fred

jorr lundstrom
17th November 2011, 18:38
Could you please take care of those imagined bystanders so they

dont get hit by the imagined heavy traffic. Good luck. LOL

Tarka the Duck
17th November 2011, 18:41
Do you think we can change the timeline we are on to a more positive one with positive behaviour and thought?

Did you see the latest Derren Brown Experiment on Channel 4?
All about the possibility that we can have an influence over our own "luck". Interesting....

Amysenthia
17th November 2011, 18:46

We are here, now.

For many people who are new to these areas this is how they will learn that there other avenues of thought and this is one of the few areas that people with questions can go. You obviously have been down this road too many times and are bored with the subject. So I will leave you to your dream life and add no speculations here.

Love and Light to you. Love your Posts!!

Asyloth
17th November 2011, 18:53
That's your belief pie'n'eal and I totally understand it but don't fall in the "living in a fantasy" argument when it comes to people interested in this kind of subject.
Cause the problem with it is that most of the time, it's the very people who are living in the mainstream illusion that accuse people like me to live in a dream world, when I know very well that it's actually the complete opposite, ironic isn't it?
So you may believe and express whatever view you have, but please don't make a statement to people thinking differently that they're living in a "fantasy world".

another bob
17th November 2011, 18:56

Greetings, Friend!

The point is simple: As extensions of Source's own awareness, we are imbued with the divine gift of imagination, with which we are free to co-create worlds, personalities, and whole universes, simply for our delight and edification. On the other hand, if we get so far out that we cannot remember our own zip code, then perhaps some moderation is in order, eh.
What it seems to come down to is this: are we able to live with integrity, regardless of the environments we currently appear to occupy? Are we able to renounce greed, envy, hatred, and delusion, and recognize the inherent unity of all creation, joyously, or are we still wandering around anxiously, believing that there is some other liberation that is not already true of us, and which we need to seek after via various religious strategies and schemes of aquisition?

Blessings!

NeverMind
17th November 2011, 19:27
The problem is, linear time does not explain the many hiccups that I've experienced in my reality. :)

My analytical mind is at loss... unless I concede that the world is not what it seems.
Furthermore, the very nature of "reality" may be much more individual than it may appear.
And that's without mentioning the very real "reality" of what we imagine!
If I imagine something beautiful, my heart warms up, my nerves relax, I can think differently, because different hormones are released.
If I imagined something terrible or frightening, my pulse will accelerate, adrenalin will rush through my body, I may feel nauseous....
See, my body does not recognise the difference between reality and non-reality.
Why is that?
The answer isn't self-evident.

Why were we given imagination at all?
The Sufis, among others, have answered this question.
But even if one does not believe them, the question still remains: WHY?
Because it transcends, by far, the ingenuity needed to create material things.

The bottom-line, for me, is this: far too little is known about the greater reality for me to want to risk shutting out all there is.

Godiam
17th November 2011, 19:29

All about the possibility that we can have an influence over our own "luck". Interesting....

We are aspects of the divine creator, and therfore creators ourselves!!
It is through our beliefs and thoughts that our perception of reality is formed.......... If you believe that life is a struggle, then that is what your experience will be, If you believe your life is full of abundance.........you will experience abundance!

The two words "I AM" are the most powerful words I know, Any statement that starts with "I AM" is a statement of creation!

My favourite mantra is as follows
I AM
I AM that I AM
One with the Universal Mind
One with the Source of All Life
I AM Love
I AM Light
I AM Peace
I AM Abundant
I AM
I am all that I AM
And so it is!

HUGS Godiam

noprophet
17th November 2011, 19:52
Humans cannot know things directly. Even direct experience is derived from tactile sensation. The more removed the subject is from this tactile reasoning the more the human must rely on metaphoric utility. Timelines, dimensions, geometries - all these are metaphoric utility. These are all derived from one existence and can all be correlated with the right "key". Without knowledge of said key we simply participate in buildestroy principles unconsciously arguing about semantics. With knowledge of the key we consciously participate in refinement by the decoding of semantics.

P.s. - I believe this "fourth dimension ascension" actually is in reference to working with these energies directly rather than through use of symbols like language.

At the end of the day - reality dictates.

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:14
Originally posted by Pien'eal: "What is the point of speculating about other timelines,
other dimensions, other possibilities? "

Maybe not speculating about them.just know they exist ~

How do you know, they exist?
Anything that is said to exist, is a creation, therefore is a temporary state.

Centauro
17th November 2011, 20:18
Carpe Diem - Seize the moment,

Fun to speculate about timelines and the such, but our reality is here and now, perceive it through your intuition, mind and heart, and the change will come in its due time. If you want to see beyond that, then use your soul, heart and mind, as it is the tool that we all have to see the light.

Roland el Centauro

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:21

Yes, you can change the future, but one first needs a change in understanding.
Otherwise one will merely choose something that seems more pleasant,
which you will still have to let go of, and that could be more painful!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

We are here, now.

For many people who are new to these areas this is how they will learn that there other avenues of thought and this is one of the few areas that people with questions can go. You obviously have been down this road too many times and are bored with the subject. So I will leave you to your dream life and add no speculations here.

Well, the is the lemming effect!

NeverMind
17th November 2011, 20:26
Anything that is said to exist, is a creation, therefore is a temporary state.

Not necessarily. In fact, quite the opposite may be true.
It is quite possible that everything there is has existed since the beginning of time and will continue to exist until the end of time.

It would certainly explain a LOT of events and experiences that the notion of linear reality, thought to be perennially transient, fails to explain, hard as it may try. :)

P.S. By the way, this in no way excludes living (very much so) "in the moment".
Quite the opposite.

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:27

To borrow from 9eagle9's signature, I don't even necessarily believe everything I think Tony. :) How bout you?

Cheers,
Fred

At some point one has to find confidence in one's own mind, and make a decision.
Thoughts are not bad, analytical meditation is useful. I know where my thoughts
come from!

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:39
That's your belief pie'n'eal and I totally understand it but don't fall in the "living in a fantasy" argument when it comes to people interested in this kind of subject.
Cause the problem with it is that most of the time, it's the very people who are living in the mainstream illusion that accuse people like me to live in a dream world, when I know very well that it's actually the complete opposite, ironic isn't it?
So you may believe and express whatever view you have, but please don't make a statement to people thinking differently that they're living in a "fantasy world".

If we take things personally we move further into fantasy.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Greetings, Friend!

The point is simple: As extensions of Source's own awareness, we are imbued with the divine gift of imagination, with which we are free to co-create worlds, personalities, and whole universes, simply for our delight and edification. On the other hand, if we get so far out that we cannot remember our own zip code, then perhaps some moderation is in order, eh.
What it seems to come down to is this: are we able to live with integrity, regardless of the environments we currently appear to occupy? Are we able to renounce greed, envy, hatred, and delusion, and recognize the inherent unity of all creation, joyously, or are we still wandering around anxiously, believing that there is some other liberation that is not already true of us, and which we need to seek after via various religious strategies and schemes of aquisition?

Blessings!

Ignorance has to be liberated

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The problem is, linear time does not explain the many hiccups that I've experienced in my reality. :)

My analytical mind is at loss... unless I concede that the world is not what it seems.
Furthermore, the very nature of "reality" may be much more individual than it may appear.
And that's without mentioning the very real "reality" of what we imagine!
If I imagine something beautiful, my heart warms up, my nerves relax, I can think differently, because different hormones are released.
If I imagined something terrible or frightening, my pulse will accelerate, adrenalin will rush through my body, I may feel nauseous....
See, my body does not recognise the difference between reality and non-reality.
Why is that?
The answer isn't self-evident.

Why were we given imagination at all?
The Sufis, among others, have answered this question.
But even if one does not believe them, the question still remains: WHY?
Because it transcends, by far, the ingenuity needed to create material things.

The bottom-line, for me, is this: far too little is known about the greater reality for me to want to risk shutting out all there is.

We have an imagination because we have a mind. It can entertain us, or help find reality.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

We are aspects of the divine creator, and therfore creators ourselves!!
It is through our beliefs and thoughts that our perception of reality is formed.......... If you believe that life is a struggle, then that is what your experience will be, If you believe your life is full of abundance.........you will experience abundance!

The two words "I AM" are the most powerful words I know, Any statement that starts with "I AM" is a statement of creation!

My favourite mantra is as follows
I AM
I AM that I AM
One with the Universal Mind
One with the Source of All Life
I AM Love
I AM Light
I AM Peace
I AM Abundant
I AM
I am all that I AM
And so it is!

HUGS Godiam

And look what we have created!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Fred Steeves
17th November 2011, 20:41

Cheers,
Fred

At some point one has to find confidence in one's own mind, and make a decision.
Thoughts are not bad, analytical meditation is useful. I know where my thoughts
come from!

Alrighty then, nice chattin with ya mate.

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:42
(This is from another thread posted today, I thought it may be relevant!)

Too much 'interest' in your bank!

From time to time ego-fixation has to be challenged. If we do not do this, we will not see the ego at work, and we won't see the need to change anything.

Spiritual practice is a antidote to eliminate ego clinging and self cherishing.
A spiritual practitioner sees suffering everywhere and wishes to remove this suffering.
In this modern age, it's more difficult to see this suffering as we spend all our time covering it up.

Ego-fixation is maintained 24 hrs a day.
This is what keeps us in the dream of concepts.

In the normal run of things, we are aware of our body and the world around us through the five sense of touch, taste, smell, sounds and sight. This information is transmitted to the brain, and then to the mind consciousness.

This action builds up a memory bank of impressions, names and experiences.
We hardly notice that we have also built up a storehouse of reactions of likes and dislikes.
This “hardly noticing” is called ignorance.

If we look no further, we will not notice that we have locked ourselves into a cycle of existence which is very limited. Therefore, we are imprisoned in our minds and bodies, and we happily maintain this prison... “For we know not what we do”!

These bodies and minds are merely vehicles, and if we give them too much interest, becoming fascinated with them, they can create obstacles for us.
We become too attached to them, and over time, believe this body and mind to be us.
We reify the body and mind, meaning believing them to have a real existence of their own.
These strongly-held beliefs create inner obscurations or obstacles.
These inner obstacles have become demons: they obscure pure perception - our primordial purity.

Shantideva said, “Whatever harm there is in the world, whatever the fear and suffering, all these arise from ego-fixation. That is the greatest demon. There is nothing to fear in outer demons. It is through our ignorance, attachment and aggression – through these poisons within us - that the demons can appear as outside entities.”

All phenomena are, by nature, lacking inherent existence.
They are all, in essence, empty.
By not realising emptiness (or primordial purity), sentient beings are taken over by awareness and focus outwards: as a result, all kinds of phenomena appear.

Within that sphere of awareness (clarity), it is possible for demons to exist.
Everything arises because sentient beings have not realised the true nature of reality.
Clarity is consciousness at a high level, but it lacks purity.

We are so used to clinging to our 'acquired' ideas, and are so familiar with our 'clothing and under garments' (bodies/minds and chakras) that we do not notice that we are more than meets the eye.
It is very easy to say, “Oh, I know I am a being of light..!” This is easier said than done...

We are all aware, or conscious: that is what 'being sentient' means.
But conscious of what?
Here we have to differentiate between what we have read or heard, and what we actually experience.

Do not be too quick to make claims, as every thing can be looked at much more closely, and taken apart, until it cannot be taken apart any more...like sharpening a knife on a wet stone...until nothing is left of the stone or knife!

However - there are quicker ways!!!

Rarely does consciousness look within to find its source.
Oh, we will talk about it, but that is merely philosophy speculation.
This where we need help: I have never heard of anyone finding their source without help.
If there wasn't external help, you wouldn't even begin to look.

I once saw a T-shirt in Boulder Colorado which read, “If you are well adjusted to society, then you are really f*cked up!”
It's the same with the spiritual life. You can know all the right words, trot out a religious mechanical prayer and still steal someone else's cushion....I've seen this all happen!

Thinking that everything is so wonderful because we are having a great time, is only putting a plaster on our suffering.
Actually, things are wonderful, but they have to include the warts and all, when things are not going so well. This is called the yoga of one taste.

We can go deeper...much deeper.

Going deeper is finding the subtlest quality of consciousness.
In truth, consciousness is still in the conventional level of reality.
However, through meditation, when looking for that subtlest level of consciousness, nothing is in fact found! At the subtlest level, nothing could ever be found, as we are at the purest level.

In absolute reality, nothing inherently exists: everything arises from causes and conditions.
It is in the non-finding that absolute reality is realised.
But remember - this very non-finding means there is still a perception - but it is pure perception.

There is nothing to discuss here, as it is beyond complicated bells and whistles, or 'nyam' (meditation experiences).

There is nothing to discuss here, as it is only experienced in meditation...or rather, in non-meditation.

In fact, there can be no experiencer and nothing to experience...there is merely experience, because we are at the origin - a non-state...ordinariness.
If this is ordinary, what does this make everything else?
A distortion!

If you say, “I am going to a higher dimension/place,” this is still a dimension in time and space.
All spiritual practices are a means to an end, which is realising one's true essence.
We have a choice of a long or short journey: if we get too fascinated with the practice, that in itself creates an obstacle.
This is why have to be taught to break the practice, so that we do not become attached to it.

As a Zen master would say, the harder you try, the longer your journey!
The pure essence, which is empty of any fabrication, is called Emptiness.
It is not an empty void, but luminous and radiant and within it, everything can arise.
When united at deeper level of consciousness, this union of the relative and absolute reality results in unconfined compassion.
That is when knowledge appears that is not from the outside world!
This is when we have free will.

There are two forces in the universe - pure and impure. The pure comes from enlightened beings (those who were once sentient), and through their compassion they are sending out blessings. It is said that an enlightened being can create 100,000 emanations, to help sentient beings. All you have to do is ask.

So to the impure forces. These forces hate compassion: they do not know emptiness or primordial purity. They feed off the negative emotions that we generate, such as fear, anger, jealousy, pride and aversion.

When we are in one of these negative states, we not only harm ourselves, but we attract the impure beings. Like attracts like! This is how beings are being controlled. We control our own world, but it is also being manipulated by these impure forces.
Sentient beings potentially have two sides to their nature, the good and the evil.
At an absolute level, such distinctions do not exist...but we live at the relative level – so they do exist!

Buddhas and Bodhisattvas have the altruistic attitude to benefit sentient beings. They offer a positive “spray” on the world.
In the same way, there are other beings who have negative wishes, who want to cause unhappiness. They do not wish to help beings.
As we talk about the nature of reality having the 3 qualities of Empty Essence, Lucid Nature and Compassionate Energy, these demons arises from the 3 poisons - Desire Aversion and Ignorance.These ego-created negative forces are the demons.

If we want liberation, we cannot ignore these facts.

This is a relative world of confusion in which we have to work, in order for transformation to take place.

Information can easily be twisted into “NEW-SPEAK”, using absolute language when talking about the relative... this only serve to binds oneself and others in confused information.

Speculating, guessing and arguing will only serve to keep us in an habitual loop.
The very thing that brought us to this forum is now keeping us guessing, speculating and arguing. This is precisely what we have been doing for millennia.
To get out of this looping will take more than the same old concepts we keep holding onto.
You can't fight a concept with a concept.
We need something much more powerful.

If you think you know more than the ancient esoteric teachings that are here to liberate sentient being from delusion, then you are fooling yourself !
These teaching have been infiltrated with new-age ideas to mislead.
This is why one needs to study and analyse much more closely to verify their reality.
Deep down, we know the truth, but in this age it is obscured...and is constantly being obscured.

The memory bank that was spoken of at the beginning is obscuring our true ordinary nature essence.
This memory bank is now the filter through which we see everything.
Unfortunately, the bank is now full of mistrust as well!

Understanding our true essence (Emptiness), our nature (Consciousness) and our unconfined capacity (Compassion) really is a piece of cake.
Undoing, deleting and dissolving the memory bank is the difficult part.
Why? Because it has acquired so much interest......YOURS!!

It is not at all easy to let go.
This peeling away will lead to our...bankruptcy, which the ego does not want!!!
Bankruptcy is enlightenment!

Real knowledge is always available to us.
All we need to do is keep the tap of deep appreciation for the teachings (devotion) turned on.
Blessings of clarity and compassion will flow.

The impure element in the universe wants the tap turned off.
The impure forces hate meditators, and will attack them and seduce them.
The trick is to be beyond fame or blame...one taste!
Some practitioner pacify these negative forces and so incorporate them into the practice, as they too long for peace, but just cannot help themselves. They are asked to leave, which they do, when they realise this practitioner will not be dissuaded from their practise, being motivated by the wish to help all sentient beings.

A practitioner is unmovable.
This is the path of a Bodhisattva.

(This was written on a rather long flight...sorry!)

another bob
17th November 2011, 20:45

I've heard that, and yet what makes you so sure that this statement represents anything more than your own fantasy of interpretation on perception? Hearsay? On the other hand, I've heard from very reliable sources that all concepts such as bondage and liberation are themselves based on a partial and limited view, so what's a poor seeker to do? LOL!
Curiosity comes from Source, and in fact we are here based on Source's own curiosity. What we do with that curiosity will determine which worlds and bodies we will explore, and whatever we find, we will return as gifts to that same Source which breathed us out into this mystery and wonder! Om Ah Hum.

Blessings!

Tony
17th November 2011, 20:48

I've heard that, and yet what makes you so sure that this statement represents anything more than your own fantasy of interpretation on perception? Hearsay? On the other hand, I've heard from very reliable sources that all concepts such as bondage and liberation are themselves based on a partial and limited view, so what's a poor seeker to do? LOL!
Curiosity comes from Source, and in fact we are here based on Source's own curiosity. What we do with that curiosity will determine which worlds and bodies we will explore, and whatever we find, we will return as gifts to that same Source which breathed us out into this mystery and wonder! Om Ah Hum.

Blessings!

How can curiosity come from the source? It supposed to be all knowing.

Sebastion
17th November 2011, 20:49
Greetings Pie,

You have said that you know where your thoughts come from yet from where does the Love come from? In all of your wonderful posts, I have noticed that you are only dealing with what I would call the impersonal masculine/feminine mind of the One/Source/God. None of your posts speak any notion about the great Heart of the One/Source/God. Could you opine on that subject? I would be interested in learning how mind can understand love/compassion without any benefit from the heart.

another bob
17th November 2011, 20:51

Blessings!

Yes, which is why ignorance (Maya) is created, and why we show up here with (divine) amnesia! It's kinda like a cosmic game of hide 'n seek Source plays with Itself. Go figure! LOL!

Blessings!

Tony
17th November 2011, 21:06
Greetings Pie,

You have said that you know where your thoughts come from yet from where does the Love come from? In all of your wonderful posts, I have noticed that you are only dealing with what I would call the impersonal masculine/feminine mind of the One/Source/God. None of your posts speak any notion about the great Heart of the One/Source/God. Could you opine on that subject? I would be interested in learning how mind can understand love/compassion without any benefit from the heart.

Knowing ones true nature is all about compassion! Love comes from knowing ones true nature!
It is totally impersonal and unconditional. The so called heart is merely a compassionate mind.

The heart is a figure of speech.
What we human love, is called grand-mother's love. It expects love in return.

When ones true nature is realised, there is a sense of joy. However looking out,
one sees others suffering, as they do not recognise their true nature, so a sadness
arises, and one wishes to help. That is compassionate love.

It is definitely not to make their ego feel better. This is the very cause of their suffering.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Blessings!

Yes, which is why ignorance (Maya) is created, and why we show up here with (divine) amnesia! It's kinda like a cosmic game of hide 'n seek Source plays with Itself. Go figure! LOL!

Blessings!

When do you stop playing games, of hide and seek?

another bob
17th November 2011, 21:23
When do you stop playing games, of hide and seek?

When Source draws all of creation -- the totality of universal manifestation -- back into Itself and takes a long nap (AKA "The Sleep of God").

Blessings!

another bob
17th November 2011, 21:39
We are already one with Source/God. We do not have to do anything to get back to that state because we are in Source and have never left. That is the startling truth revealed to me as I merged back into our Creator after my body died. It was incredibly humbling to realize, and know to my very core, that I have never actually been separated from Source.

We feel like we are separate because that is how we are designed. If we were constantly aware of our true nature we would not have genuine experiences. We would be like the characters in the TV show Flash Forward, who, having seen the future, change their present to try to force a result. So, Source built in amnesia of our true nature. And that amnesia is nowhere stronger than when we inhabit physical matter bodies, like humans.

We were created because Source desired to know experientially all that it knows intellectually, all that it could conceive of to know, and all that could evolve to be known through its own creativity. Source is extremely curious by nature. So, in order to have the vast range of experiences it wanted, Source created characters in its mind that have individual personalities, emotions, self-awareness, and the will to live---us. We are all, each and every one of us, simply parts of Source's mind, similar to the dream characters we create each night. And, just as our dream characters get tucked away in our memories upon awakening from sleep, we get merged back into Source when we have "run our course" of living the illusion of separation.
The amnesia of who we really are--that we are part of Source -- will be removed when we are ready to dissolve back into Source's collective personality after completing our journeys experiencing physical matter. Then we will experience the oneness with God. Until then, our job is to experience what it is like to feel separate. To experience what human life is like. Enjoy human life for so long as it lasts. We will return to oneness with Source soon enough.

~Nanci Danison

Blessings!

Tony
17th November 2011, 21:50
It all depends how long you are willing to wait!
We do have free will....!

Davidallany
17th November 2011, 22:02
The story of the Frog and the Centipede.

69ajDYBUsuo

Tarka the Duck
17th November 2011, 22:02
Could someone please clarify for me - is the word "Source" synonymous with "God"?
Thanks!

Tony
17th November 2011, 23:51
Ur0eoKq3KS8

another bob
18th November 2011, 00:07

Nothing stands in the way of your liberation and it can happen here and now but for your being more interested in other things. And you cannot fight with your interests. You must go with them, see through them and watch them reveal themselves as mere errors of judgement and appreciation. ~Sri Nisargadatta

Blessings!

another bob
18th November 2011, 00:35
Could someone please clarify for me - is the word "Source" synonymous with "God"?
Thanks!

Greetings, Friend!

There are all sorts of names, but we need to remember that the source of consciousness cannot itself be an object in consciousness, and so whatever we name it or say about it is still in the realm of conceptuality. The only way to actually know the Source (what's behind the names) is to be the Source. Iow, be as you are. Sounds simple, but humans tend to complicate things, assuming for example that they are separate and apart, and in need of strategies and schemes for redemption, enlightenment, ascension, and other such fantasies. Perhaps why St. Augustine noted that God triumphs over the ruins of our plans. :-)

Blessings!

Tony
18th November 2011, 02:01

Nothing stands in the way of your liberation and it can happen here and now but for your being more interested in other things. And you cannot fight with your interests. You must go with them, see through them and watch them reveal themselves as mere errors of judgement and appreciation. ~Sri Nisargadatta

Blessings!

A warehouse of fantasies stands in the way of liberation, that is what needs to be worked through, and it is not at all easy, it takes much practice. Telling people that nothing stands in the way is very misleading.

Bob you argue for the sake of arguing. Too many people are being lulled into doing nothing but wait.

All the fantastic predictions have come and passed. Just talk the talk does not help anyone.

Sync
18th November 2011, 02:57
Sometimes people need to elude their personal problems by speculating on planetary or galactic "problems."

It's about escapism.

It's about finding a cause for our misery (and a solution) that is outside of ourselves- outside of the present moment.

This is the height of self-deception.

But, boy, is it fun sometimes!

We're all here.

Carmody
18th November 2011, 03:02
sometimes i wonder if the heavens are a Microsoft product (fighting with install right now)

another bob
18th November 2011, 03:22

Blessings!

A warehouse of fantasies stands in the way of liberation, that is what needs to be worked through, and it is not at all easy, it takes much practice. Telling people that nothing stands in the way is very misleading.

Greetings, Friend!

I am wondering if you are reading the same quote I posted? He said, nothing stands in the way except for your interest in other things.

Bob you argue for the sake of arguing.

Please let's avoid ad hominems, it lowers the level of discourse.

Too many people are being lulled into doing nothing but wait.

And what statistics are being used to confirm that hypothesis?

All the fantastic predictions have come and passed. Just talk the talk does not help anyone.

Who is talking about predictions?

Cheer up, Chum -- not a single soul will be left behind!

Blessings!

music
18th November 2011, 09:20
Nasrudin was walking down a dark street, the blackness only occasionally broken by weak pools of light from the streetlamps. As he traversed a benighted stretch, he saw the shape of a man on all fours, muttering to himself.

“Ah, kind stranger” a voice emerging from the shape greeted Nasrudin’s silhouette, “I have lost my car keys, please help me search for them”

“Certainly” replied Nasrudin. He turned, made his way back to the nearest streetlight, and began searching.

“But sir” began the stranger, “I lost my keys over here.”

“I know” replied Nasrudin, “but the light is so much better over here.”

The man is a fool, the stranger thought - a fool living in a world of delusion. Just my luck to have the help of one such as this.

“Aha!” exclaimed Nasrudin suddenly.

“Don’t tell me you have found my keys” the stranger asked?

“No, but I found a box of matches. Let’s go look in your darkness now.”

Tarka the Duck
18th November 2011, 12:12

That sounds like a prediction to me!

Tony
18th November 2011, 12:14
This thread is about distractions becoming the storehouse of fantasies.

To put it in the most simplest way:

There is Consciousness.
At its subtlest level Consciousness is Pure.
Because of habitual patterning this Consciousness seemingly dims,
and forgets its Purity.
When Consciousness remembers its Purity,
job done!

This dimming (or freezing) of consciousness is due to our fixating onto an object.
This fixation builds up a pattern in the mind, producing a mind-set or 'set mind'.
This is your devil!

When this is first shown, we get a glimpse of reality.
Gradually, through practice, this glimpse extends and become more continuous.
In fact, what actually happens is that this natural state stays as it always has been: it is just that our confusion time shortens.

There are two factors here.
One is our pure natural state, and the other is the habitual distractions that obscure that pure state.
This thread is about the distractions or fantasies.

I use the word 'purity' or 'emptiness'.
I do not use the word 'Source' or 'God' as this implies an external force.
One could well use the words Source or God in place of purity or emptiness in an internal sense, if one wished.
But if it is used as an external force, that is out of place here.

This thread is also about the two truths.
One truth is absolute truth - purity/emptiness.
The other truth is consciousness in a conventional state of distracted confusion – the seeming reality.

The practice is in seeing the absolute truth in the relative truth...they work so nicely together!
Understanding this unity is essential.
Without it, one would be led into the extremes of nihilism and eternalism.

This is a complete, beautiful system.
Arguing will not change this system.
There are other systems to choose from.
Systems may be similar, but at some point they have to separate.
There is no point in arguing!

Fred Steeves
18th November 2011, 12:30

Bob you argue for the sake of arguing. Too many people are being lulled into doing nothing but wait.

Damn Tony, I thought Buddhism was a way of life, not a doctrine to be beat over the head with. Chill out mate, it's all good.:)

Cheers,
Fred

jorr lundstrom
18th November 2011, 12:36
Ok, job done. No arguments. But it raises questions, do you suggest that

I drop dead now, or should I sit in the corner playing the piccola fluite until

Ive done my time, or could I just continue playing with this illusory

existence? What do you suggest?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sakasvattaja/Babajimturban.jpg

Tony
18th November 2011, 13:08

Damn Tony, I thought Buddhism was a way of life, not a doctrine to be beat over the head with. Chill out mate, it's all good.:)

Cheers,
Fred

Hello Fred,
.......you just couldn't imagine how intensely chilled out I am!!!!

Tony
18th November 2011, 13:15

Dear Jor,

Perhaps your job is not so done as you think!
If your job IS done then all you have to do is help others.

If this is all about you playing with an illusion, this is what
you have already been doing for a very long time.
So nothing has changed..you have merely learnt some new phrases.

Tony
18th November 2011, 13:24
I love this, how we use word and mean something else!!!
The old cloak and dagger routine.

4IfoUM6a4bA

jorr lundstrom
18th November 2011, 13:31

Dear Jor,

Perhaps your job is not so done as you think!
If your job IS done then all you have to do is help others.

If this is all about you playing with an illusion, this is what
you have already been doing for a very long time.
So nothing has changed..you have merely learnt some new phrases.

Thank you. :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

wolf_rt
18th November 2011, 13:51
I think the point is, times are getting tough, it's time to knuckle down and start living the most impeccable and compassionate lives we can.
The time is here, we need to implement our best understanding and start LIVING.

learning is great, but action is needed now, actions that demonstrate your impeccable conciseness.

My thoughts, My actions, that's what I can control.
Holding my thoughts on the positive things in life, and holding my actions up to the highest standard that my understanding allows. That is what is important....

Increasing my knowledge comes after that. It's all good to gain a higher moral/spiritual perspective, but unless you constantly put into practice the 'best practice' that you are aware of at the time, it is knowledge for the sake of it... or ego i guess.

This is certainly what i am working on implementing in my life at the moment.
Castaneda's 'Impeccable warrior' is my model for this.

It is synchronistic to see this thread floating about at the moment
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?34658-Selected-Excerpts-from-the-Teachings-of-Don-Juan&highlight=don+juan

Lord Sidious
18th November 2011, 14:20
I love this, how we use word and mean something else!!!
The old cloak and dagger routine.

4IfoUM6a4bA

Now you're talking.
Dave Allen, what a nugget and a half!

Amysenthia
18th November 2011, 15:19
[/COLOR]

We are here, now.

Well, the is the lemming effect![/QUOTE]

Wow Tony I really thought you to be above name calling from your past posts. Many a great masters, when they realized the illusion of this world, still chose to put a hand out to those a rung down the ladder to help others understand what this existence is all about. Just because you may have reached that conclusion it does not mean that everyone else understands it that way. For your truths you obviously have not ever experienced an alternate dimension. I have so do not tell me it is not real. You say deal with the now. The now is the Illusion so how does that make sense. I really think you are having a bad day with this post. It is most unlike your past posts. You often quote Buddisht sayings, Buddha himself went to an alternate reality to receive enlightenment.

So to call me a lemming which the description means, " person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, esp. a headlong rush to destruction ". I am deeply offended, but hey sticks and stones. Now I understand why people give up and leave this site sometimes. However if you truly feel this way why do you still come to this site to post your speculations.

Tony
18th November 2011, 16:21
[/COLOR]

We are here, now.

Well, the is the lemming effect!

Amysenthia wrote:

Wow Tony I really thought you to be above name calling from your past posts. Many a great masters, when they realized the illusion of this world, still chose to put a hand out to those a rung down the ladder to help others understand what this existence is all about. Just because you may have reached that conclusion it does not mean that everyone else understands it that way. For your truths you obviously have not ever experienced an alternate dimension. I have so do not tell me it is not real. You say deal with the now. The now is the Illusion so how does that make sense. I really think you are having a bad day with this post. It is most unlike your past posts. You often quote Buddisht sayings, Buddha himself went to an alternate reality to receive enlightenment.

So to call me a lemming which the description means, " person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, esp. a headlong rush to destruction ". I am deeply offended, but hey sticks and stones. Now I understand why people give up and leave this site sometimes. However if you truly feel this way why do you still come to this site to post your speculations.

If you are confident with your approach, be happy with it.
You take what was said personally - that is your choice.

You may have personal experiences but the words will not make any sense to me, as it is your experience. Many people make claims on this forum...

There are many here who run with the pack....I call it the lemming effect.
No one can tell me what to say, as I cannot tell others what to say.

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 16:46
The practice is in seeing the absolute truth in the relative truth...they work so nicely together!
Most have no idea what you're talking about Tony. Understanding your information requires a personal desire to understand, having seen the unsatisfactory nature of conventional reality. If you can still you remember the hardships we went through to get this information and the further hardships we went through to experience it.

This topic is a magnet for intellectuals, It's conceptual nature makes it so. Because I have stopped at the coffee place too, I know what is is. Those who have neared about the coffee shop will speculate about it. I still think that the bird saw its reflection in the window. Much respect.

Tarka the Duck
18th November 2011, 16:48

Have I missed something here?
Why have you taken this personally?
I can't find where he called you a lemming!
Is it really your place to question why someone finds being a member here beneficial?
I am sure Pie is perfectly able to make his own decisions about many things, including the path that works for him, and whether to be part of this forum.
The way I read it, he is no way proselytising - just offering what he has found through practice.
If it doesn't work for you, and you are not interested in discussing in a constructive manner, then, with respect, ignore!

Sorry to sound tetchy, but I am fed up with threads that disintegrate because, rather than discussing the OP objectively, people launch into personal attacks as if it is a competition.

Kathie

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 16:58
Give me your frustration, your anger and anxiety. Call me names, you are my teacher, you alert me to my ego, and set me free.
Ultimate reality can only be seen by three eyes.

Tony
18th November 2011, 17:03
I have reached a time in life where I have to make decisions (I'm actually in Ecuador at this moment investigating the situation here for myself).

All the predictions/whistleblowers/claims have all come to pass and have resulted in nothing beneficial. So I am finding that I have to be a bit tough with myself about new objectives as it seems I can't totally trust information that I have received (apart from what is going on with food, education, pharmaceuticals, finance which have a level of proof).

There comes a time when one has to review everything in one's life (and this happens many times throughout the years!): I am going through that at the moment, and it is uncomfortable - but I wouldn't have it any other way.

If I seem a little curt, I am suffering from jet lag and tiredness from problems caused by altitude.
Sorry! Oh and I twisted my ankle this morning too...

Sometimes one just gets weary of ... assumptions.;)

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 17:05
I am deeply offended, but hey sticks and stones

I am currently not a lemming.
But I can be if I decide to.
It's very clear that you are an intelligent person, and have the desire to understand humanity predicament, know that you are loved and a member of our family, where things can be misunderstood sometimes. I suggest you let go of bad feelings, breath deep and I will too, I promis. :)

13th Warrior
18th November 2011, 17:25
I have reached a time in life where I have to make decisions (I'm actually in Ecuador at this moment investigating the situation here for myself).

All the predictions/whistleblowers/claims have all come to pass and have resulted in nothing beneficial. So I am finding that I have to be a bit tough with myself about new objectives as it seems I can't totally trust information that I have received (apart from what is going on with food, education, pharmaceuticals, finance which have a level of proof).

There comes a time when one has to review everything in one's life (and this happens many times throughout the years!): I am going through that at the moment, and it is uncomfortable - but I wouldn't have it any other way.

If I seem a little curt, I am suffering from jet lag and tiredness from problems caused by altitude.
Sorry! Oh and I twisted my ankle this morning too...

Sometimes one just gets weary of ... assumptions.;)

Just be careful that you aren't projecting your learning experience/journey for absolute truth onto others...

Sebastion
18th November 2011, 17:26
Knowing ones true nature is all about compassion! Love comes from knowing ones true nature!
It is totally impersonal and unconditional. The so called heart is merely a compassionate mind.

The heart is a figure of speech.
What we human love, is called grand-mother's love. It expects love in return.

When ones true nature is realised, there is a sense of joy. However looking out,
one sees others suffering, as they do not recognise their true nature, so a sadness
arises, and one wishes to help. That is compassionate love.

It is definitely not to make their ego feel better. This is the very cause of their suffering.

I am sorry that you did not understand the context of my question. Your reply is merely the mixing of apples and oranges and it doesn't work. Your statement regarding the heart being a figure of speech is your truth at this time. Methinks that ultimately you will discover far more once you have discovered that which is beyond "emptiness". I will leave it at that. Be well!

another bob
18th November 2011, 17:34

Cheers,
Fred

Greetings, Friend!

Even in Buddhism, it is said that there are 84,000 Dharma Gates. In other words, there are innumerable entrances to Truth. To imagine that one knows what's best for others' spiritual development is actually rather arrogant, and not at all aligned with right speech. I'm reminded of my early Catholic days, when it was the new converts who always seemed to be the most anxious to go around beating the drums for their new-found zealotry. Interestingly, they also proved to be the most intolerant of others' paths, and quickest to point out how others were living in sin (fantasy), unless they bought into the convert's story. Same old, same old, alas . . .

Blessings!

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 18:03
Hi there Bobs,

To imagine that one knows what's best for others' spiritual development is actually rather arrogant
Errogance is a trait that we see increasing everyday, first the eliets were errogant, and too sure about themselves, now more and more humans are becoming errogants, too sure what they say is the way, and demand that everyone must comply, lol. I was like that too, how can I not be when I am just like you, a human. Then I came to realize that I was in error, and I stopped giving my knowledge, secrets and describing experiences, unless there is a question in high demands.

My best
Davyd

13th Warrior
18th November 2011, 18:07
Hi there Bobs,

To imagine that one knows what's best for others' spiritual development is actually rather arrogant
Errogance is a trait that we see increasing everyday, first the eliets were errogant, and too sure about themselves, now more and more humans are becoming errogants, too sure what they say is the way, and demand that everyone must comply, lol. I was like that too, how can I not be when I am just like you, a human. Then I came to realize that I was in error, and I stopped giving my knowledge, secrets and describing experiences, unless there is a question in high demands.

My best
Davyd

qQWZrDH5X8o

another bob
18th November 2011, 18:13
Hi there Bobs,

My best
Davyd

Thanks for your comments, Friend!

I understand your point -- I was a founding member of a large Buddhist discussion board a few years back, but similar to you, I finally arrived at a place where I decided to just stop talking. It was only recently that I was moved to join into the communal inquiry once again, here at a board where I felt there was a degree of civility and mature open-mindedness about subjects of keen interest. Perhaps that was not so wise, but I enjoy making mistakes, just so I can learn and move on. In any case, we'll see how things develop here . . .

Blessings!

ThresholdRising
18th November 2011, 19:15
Your physical reality can be seen as one continously changing reality in a sense but if you percieve fantasy realities as part of this reality, suddenly 1000's of percieved realities become available to you in each moment. This also increases the amount of choices available to you.

"America does'nt have to be America, it can be the Land of Legends, where all are born legends but only a few become true legends, for in order to become a true legend you have to train mentally and physically in order to serve the legends of the land."

This fantasy world can be a percieved reality for most individuals given them an extra way to percieve and be in the world. As a result 1000's of subtly different option become available to them (how will I train physically to do what I have to do? how will I train mentally? what way does a true legend talk to himself/herself?).

Think of it as extra choices for your own belief systems. Some of which may help you through a rough day or give you extra strength at a time you really need it.

Each has a unique mental and emotional experience associated.

Overall, it allows you to have access to an extra infinity of options and maybe a contribution to your conscious evolution.

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 19:18
It's all a part of the process, indeed. Loving parents, who are trying to instruct their baby to focus on studying, so that he may have a better life in the future, having themselves seen the benefit of focusing on studying, instead of indulging in too many distractions.

Parents do this because they love their children, and want only the best for them. The relation between master and pupil is similar, in theory.
In both cases, especially in the second case, the seeker must show the master how serious he is, by doing things, and passing tests in character and behavior. All this must be done in utmost obedience, full dedication and humility, only then the teacher may give some teaching to the student, and parents blessings to the child.

Tony has been trying to save everybody the trouble of this pattern by giving hard earned knowledge for free, out of love. He wants nothing in return, but not a slap on the face as payment for his teaching would be very kind.

Now I know he's been through so much that a slap on the face is nothing to him, but it's just a nice gesture on our part. :)
He also started a meditation group in the groups section where more experienced meditators may want to discuss things, I was the second to join that group, if anyone wants to contribute please do so.
Bobs, it would be nice if you join the meditation group, you have much to say, and so many will be listening, it's great.

Thank you uncle pie for your wisdom, and may you guys have a good time, if you see Bill Ryan sun bathing pinch him and ask him to post more on Avalon, will you? :)

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 19:25
Your physical reality can be seen as one continously changing reality in a sense but if you percieve fantasy realities as part of this reality, suddenly 1000's of percieved realities become available to you in each moment. This also increases the amount of choices available to you.

"America does'nt have to be America, it can be the Land of Legends, where all are born legends but only a few become true legends, for in order to become a true legend you have to train mentally and physically in order to serve the legends of the land."

This fantasy world can be a percieved reality for most individuals given them an extra way to percieve and be in the world. As a result 1000's of subtly different option become available to them (how will I train physically to do what I have to do? how will I train mentally? what way does a true legend talk to himself/herself?).

Think of it as extra choices for your own belief systems. Some of which may help you through a rough day or give you extra strength at a time you really need it.

Each has a unique mental and emotional experience associated.

Overall, it allows you to have access to an extra infinity of options and maybe a contribution to your conscious evolution.

How do you know all this? Are you a meditator?

another bob
19th November 2011, 05:45

That sounds like a prediction to me!

Well then, Dear Duck, permit me to elaborate:

My prediction is that everything works out FINE in the end, even though there really is no end, but that which can end, will end, and then you'll see that we'll all agree that everything has worked out even beyond the most exhalted intimations of what "FINE" can actually imply!

That being said, if it's true then, then it must also be true now, and in fact it must be so always, if true is to be truly what's true. Nor am I talking about some provisional true, like what you find in the various doctored scriptures and second-hand teachings being passed off as what's true, but really really true, even beyond the most exhalted intimations of what "true" can actually imply!

So hey, that being said, what else is there to say? Whatever appears disappears, but Awareness remains the same, OK.

;)

Blessings!