PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

noprophet
17th November 2011, 21:07
This has been rolling around my head today and I thought I would ask Avalon.

What would happen if no one on Earth spoke* for one week?

*audibly communicated - no text either, basically no language.

Carmody
17th November 2011, 21:09
A tough one. At this stage of the given contemplation, I only have flippant answers to give.

Part of it is that it is a scenario that is far enough off the potentials that I'm not sure any answer would move too far from the surreal aspect of the question itself.

This does not mean that I think the question, as ideas of human potential.... is meaningless.

Tony
17th November 2011, 21:12
Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Carmody
17th November 2011, 21:14
Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Now there's a thoughtful answer. (pun intended, for all the right reasons)

Tarka the Duck
17th November 2011, 21:21
An interesting thought...and I know you are speaking hypothetically, Noprophet, but this touches a bit of a raw nerve for me - there are many many people in this world who, for various reasons, are not able to speak right now. They don't have the luxury of wondering what it would be like. Sorry to be a bit serious...

Tony
17th November 2011, 21:25
I was thinking about the silent retreats my wife and I go to. No one can project anything!!!!

Eagle
17th November 2011, 21:28
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

noprophet
17th November 2011, 21:31
An interesting thought...and I know you are speaking hypothetically, Noprophet, but this touches a bit of a raw nerve for me - there are many many people in this world who, for various reasons, are not able to speak right now. They don't have the luxury of wondering what it would be like. Sorry to be a bit serious...
I truly mean no offense by the hypothetical on any level. Not even in a way to disrespect speaking.

If you find the structure of empathy comforting you can see it through the lens of the world gaining an empathetic understanding of those who live this reality on a daily basis and yet participating with them in such an exercise by the removal of typed communication as well. Possibly providing, for some, a type of unity in communicative abilities they had never experienced before.

<3

John Parslow
17th November 2011, 21:32
Hello Noprophet

Methinks it would be beautifully peaceful for a while ... sorry for being so facetious but that's all I have at the moment!

Best regards to you. JP :cool:

Mark (Star Mariner)
17th November 2011, 21:39
One week without the phone ringing: bliss.

eaglespirit
17th November 2011, 21:43
This has been rolling around my head today and I thought I would ask Avalon.

What would happen if no one on Earth spoke* for one week?

*audibly communicated - no text either, basically no language.

Let's do it metaphorically, Noprophet : )

Simply imagine it happening now, together.
Thoughts are things...boundless energy.
Skyrocket telepathy and clairvoyance to the hilt.

What if...it works.
Turbocharged Upgrade!!!

Calz
17th November 2011, 21:44
Double edged sword for me (personally) as my family is my biggest gift (I have no words) yet they are the biggest "speech" makers ... and that doesn't help for someone working overnight hours.

Feel like a zombie sometimes ...

Calz
17th November 2011, 21:50
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

It appears some of those who have joined within the last year could use some time here in the "silence thread" ...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?12460-The-Silence-Thread&highlight=silence