PDA

View Full Version : Polite request.

Tony
18th November 2011, 16:22
On this forum we are all on some sort of personal discovery. I am on a personal path which I practise. As I go along I like to share what has been discovered. It seems only fair to do so. Writing here is merely an extension of this practice.

I seem to have a certain manner which irritates some people. This I cannot apologise for as it is my temperament of scratching away to find or realise the inner and outer truth, like a dog looking for a buried bone who will not stop till it finds it!

I like being precise, and this can be extremely irritating I know, but it is useful if one wants a direct approach. What is written will not be to everyone's taste, that is only natural. We may even find that we fall into certain groups, that is fine. Questioning achieves much; arguing achieves nothing.
Be happy with your view.

I love to discuss things, but to have personal attacks (which I do not in the least mind as it can help hone the subject) does seem to disrupt the thread for others to follow.
Remember to read the title to the post!

I am truly interested in personal views, but get a little bored with the cut and paste approach. It starts to feel like the MIB are behind it!

If you violently disagree or just want to voice your dislike, then the answer is very simple:
Start your own post.

Every few months we seem to have to go through this process of remembering...

All the best,
Tony

ktlight
18th November 2011, 16:40
Justs don't let any of this stop you, pie'n'eal. Maybe best to politely decline to contribute to any of it. You have a right.

christian
18th November 2011, 16:41
You don’t need no fancy clothes
Where’d you get them, goodness knows?
Just show some civility.
Act nice, act nice and gentle to me.

I don’t need no luxuries,
As long as you are understanding,
I’m not difficult to please.
Act nice, act nice and gentle to me.

Well I’m the kind of guy who likes
To take you as I find you
So throw away those false eyelashes and,
Act nice, act nice, baby.

UwReTc3tZF0

blufire
18th November 2011, 16:42
Tony I can relate so very much with this thread.

I am aware that I come from a very different place or path than the larger population on the forum.

I think I apologize in about 50% of my posts because I know my views don’t “meld” well with many on PA.

I apologize often because I know I offend or disturb our more emotionally wired members. Many of my opinions or life journey experiences are on the “other end” and more practical oriented. If something doesn’t make sense to me from a realistic pragmatic foundation I tend to reject it.

I’m a pretty tough ole bird but sometimes I get weary of the venom that is expelled my way from time to time.

But I suppose I’ll keep plugging away.

Fred Steeves
18th November 2011, 16:57
I seem to have a certain manner which irritates some people. This I cannot apologise for as it is my temperament of scratching away to find or realise the inner and outer truth, like a dog looking for a buried bone who will not stop till it finds it!

Well Tony, by being dismissive of other's insights and experiences, you come across at times, and more so recently, as one who's already found that buried bone, and everybody else is wasting their time. This observation may not win me any browny points with some folks here, but if you wish to be direct, I'll be direct.

Ernie Nemeth
18th November 2011, 17:01
I was going to say that controversial topics will automatically become controversial. And some folks are controversial by nature.

But after reading blufire's post I had a flash. I felt for a brief moment the truth behind those words, what they are hiding. And I felt a wave of emotion strike me. This is personal, and it's about me.

So, Tony, thank you for the reminder to stay on topic. I value your input.

jorr lundstrom
18th November 2011, 17:03
This afternoon I decided not to participate in your threads anymore.

Because I felt patronized by you, thats no big problem but I prefere to particpate

in threads where discussions are held and wot you call discussion I call speaking

down on others, But as you say, everyone has his own style. And they also say that

freedom is just another word for noone left to screw, so go for it, Good luck.

And as you said, no arguments. This is final.

Lord Sidious
18th November 2011, 17:25
Gee, I don't show my face around here for a few hours and you nuggets start up?
Lucky, it is organic carrot season here now.
I did mention that, didn't I?

blufire
18th November 2011, 17:35
:peep: Dang I hate to walk into a bar not knowing the fists are already flying!!

I do hope you guys do the “guy thing” and tussle about a bit and then slap each other on the back and have a cold one . . .. on the house.

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 20:17
How to be understand the English mind, a secret method. I love you uncle pie.

BpWqCzru5zk

music
18th November 2011, 20:30
It is very difficult to pick tone or intent from an impersonal medium like this. As a reader, we need to ensure that we aren't reading something that isn't there (projecting). As a poster, we should read our posts as if we were another person before posting to screen out our ego and arrogance (if any is there). We will not always succeed in this, we are human after all.

I feel that once I have put an idea out there, it is no longer my own. It will go where it goes, which is often where it needs to go anyway.

The One
18th November 2011, 20:43
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

REMEMBER

Don't follow any advice, no matter how good, until you feel as deeply in your spirit as you think in your mind that the counsel is wise. Everyone of us are different and beutiful :hug:

EVG80vqVfSA

modwiz
18th November 2011, 21:01
Tony, you have a way about you. I, for one, say go for it. Like a flavor or certain ethnic cuisine there will be some who do not like it and they can stay out of the restaurant. I find that you serve and eclectic cuisine. There is a general flavor, often a little pungent, but there are variations as well. I will always check out any thread you begin and generally your posts. I find you thoughtful enough, as in you are a thinker,to want to know what you have offered us today. There are different kinds of posts that 'bug' me and make me wonder if someone is posting drunk or post lobotomy. You never fall into that category and I hope you never leave the forum or change your style.

I can identify with being an irritant, or what feels that way. Many things that are good for cleansing wounds will sting upon application. Also, sometimes being a bit of an imp just feels right. :fish:

Lisab
18th November 2011, 21:17
I get so much out of your posts and threads Pie even though I sometimes have to read them a few times to go in. Slowly but surely they do. Thankyou for being you.

vibrations
18th November 2011, 21:19
Dear Tony

Sorry to tell you that, but I enjoy your posts. Even the poetry:p
Apart from that, I enjoy engaging to a discussion, trying to twist the neurons up to the edge (which is easy, just watch my lack of English vocabulary), a lot of time, people suddenly become upset by my comments and I try to apologize because it's not the person I am fighting, it's that particular idea which light up the passion of trying to present my point of view at all means. And then, after that I feel bad and I send a PM to say sorry, but in reality I think it's nothing to be ashamed of, just the fact we are meeting here is a small proof that this community is basically based in mutual respect. And if you call me idiot I won't go and cry sitting in the stairs outside, I'll try to understand, it's understanding we are seeking here, and stupid words can not spoil the feeling of respect to yours and many others brain activity. I just wrote this, because maybe you can find some small spark in it with which you can identify from time to time. Talking is not wrong, beating is wrong.
Cheers

Davidallany
18th November 2011, 21:24
Just for fun guys, we come in peace. May The Lord bless us.

KnfqvgeD0gc

vibrations
18th November 2011, 21:29
The strongest weapon of all, the good sense of humor. Thank you Daviddllany, we should have fun all the time. It raises vibs and makes us feel alive.

Sync
18th November 2011, 21:59
Pie'n'eal,

I think your style of dialectical Socratic discourse sharpens critical thinking abilities.

On forums, some people may get their feathers ruffled the wrong way because we cannot see the empathic affect from the author of a text- because we are not speaking face-to-face.

This can result in certain texts becoming projective measures. For instance, we interpret other people's words through filters of our own ego's schema. In other words, we project our own stuff onto (and into) other people's words... this effect is lessened in real-life communication.

It is clear, Pie, that you love everyone on this forum very much. You patiently spend hour upon hour helping people dust off their lenses while continually dusting off your own... and you're not even getting paid (monetarily) to do it! Personally, I love your words. You have an uncanny ability to balance the micro with the macro; the within with the without, the inner and the outer... Keep on keepin' on!

Tony
18th November 2011, 22:39
Mutual respect...

8eGCsEQ15L4

vibrations
18th November 2011, 22:42
You see, let's have fun.

ViralSpiral
18th November 2011, 22:49
Dear Tony

Sorry to tell you that, but I enjoy your posts.

I am also sorry to tell you the same

;)
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/tackle.gif

Fred Steeves
18th November 2011, 23:19
Mutual respect...

8eGCsEQ15L4

I just have one word to say about that video Tony...

Cheers Mate,
Fred

296jHs4im-U

Simonm
18th November 2011, 23:22
Being very new here all i seem to find is help and Id like to thank you all for your words, either those of advice or just general enlightenment for me.

Thankyou all!

If I may add, it may be best if those who feel agrieved now and again just detatched themselves from the comments, they may not feel so upset. Just a thought.

WhiteFeather
18th November 2011, 23:37
We are all in this think tank together collectively, know this. We are all the individual straws that stir this drink of the universe, everyone's opinion is valued. What works for me may not necessarily work for you!

jessamy99
18th November 2011, 23:50
Dear pie'n'eal,

I must say I have really enjoyed your posts.
I am not sorry either!!

With love, Jessamy.

mosquito
19th November 2011, 01:15
Dear Tony,
Modwiz has said what I basically think - our means of communication on a multi-timezone forum makes it very difficult to correctly interpret someone's words. How anyone could find you patronizing or dictatorial is beyond me, but there we go.
The written word isn't everyones favourite means of expresion, it's certainly not mine, so I think it's inevitable that misunderstandings will arise, as it can be difficult to convey exactly what we wish. And, let's face it, esoteric matters don't exactly lend themselves to be explained in written English !
I love your posts, so please don't alter your style or your manner.

Seikou-Kishi
19th November 2011, 01:38

We have a saying here that I'm sure you've heard of. "Whoopdee doo". So you rub some people up the wrong way? I should say everybody rubs somebody up the wrong way. The key to being mature and adult and all of us getting along isn't to find people who don't care either way, it's to find people who will like what they can and put up with what they can't. Anybody who expects you to be perfect, Tony, should retract their head from their nether region and ask what makes them so special as to be able to demand perfection from people.

Tony, I'll like what I can about you and put up with the rest if you agree to do the same for me... admittedly, it's probably easier for me ;-)

Lily de Cuir
19th November 2011, 02:48
Just for fun guys, we come in peace. May The Lord bless us.

KnfqvgeD0gc

Thank you David, I have tears rolling down my face and my stomach hurts.....LOLLOLLOL!!:pound:

Cheers,
Lily

DNA
19th November 2011, 03:26
I wrote this PM to Tony a month back stream of consciousness. It may seem off point at first, but it is a wind up that delivers what I think is on topic as far as this thread is concerned.

Empathetic skills seems to come from experiencing a lot of personal suffering

As crazy as it sounds this has not been my experience. I'm of the opinion that you either have it or you don't. True empathy isn't the ability to see some one's situation by putting yourself in their plight and seeing from their perspective in so much as it is that you actually feel what that person is feeling.
For folks who are not empathic this may be hard to understand.

And for folks with extreme empathy, this can be a hinderance and a difficult thing to live with.
When combined with reading body posture, voice intonation and face muscles it makes one extremely hard to lie to.

What you have are folks who are taking in ten times the data of a normal conversationalist.
What you have are folks who can walk by you in the grocery store and at a glance know what is going on with you.
It can be information over load at times.

Folks of high or extreme empathy are often burdoned by data overload, and at times, can seem short, ill tempered or down right negative at times.
A strange remedy for this is to pair a high empathy person with an extremely low empathy person who is a positive broadcaster.

The high empathy person will pick up on the positive energy of the positive broadcaster and be able to sustain the frequency due to the proximity.
I say this in all seriousness.
You seem to me Tony to be such a high energy broadcaster, and that is a wonderfull gift. There are very few folks like this.
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me very much of my best friend, so much so it is unreal.
I'm of the high empathy type, and my best freind carries this super high frequency and it is never dampered or hindered ussually, because rather than be a reciever like myself, he is a super broadcaster. My friend doesn't catch negative nuances coming off of people, as such he is kind of unaffected, and can ussually over power said unnoticed negativity by broadcasting his super positive energy. I'm sure it has to do with brain waves on some level, and he just manages to keep a positive minded brain wave going on that folks tend to end up catching it rather than being able to disspell it.

The Michael Teachings really helped me to understand certain soul dynamics in folks and myself, and they helped me to understand that there are differing types of souls. As such, I could be wrong, but you definitely seem to me to be a Sage in these teachings.
Of the different soul types, King/Warrior, Priest/Slave, Sage/Artist and Scholar, Sages are extremely rare, supposed to be only about 3% of the population.
They are gifted orators, and can keep an audience spell bound for hours with stories and conversation.

Again, I could be wrong, I'm just going stream of consciousness. :)
Take Care

Taurean
19th November 2011, 03:27
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.

Henry Ford

Aryslan
19th November 2011, 06:56
Tony, you continually help others on this forum. In my humble view, that is what life is all about. That being said, sometimes I don't care for your posts, but you know what? I don't read those! Sometimes I don't much like chores, either. As someone else already said, keep on keepin' on, friend.

Dawn
19th November 2011, 07:27
Tony, remember that there are moderators on this forum to help keep things civil. If personal attacks become a problem you can always click the little black triangle with an exclamation mark in it at the bottom left of each post. That will alert us to 'fighting' and 'attacks' on any given thread. All of us mods read threads, interview new members and correct things on posts as much as possible, however it really helps us if members tell us where problems are arising. :help:

That being said... don't you DARE stop being your wonderful self. And remember, you have many friends here. :hug:

music
19th November 2011, 07:56
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you." Don Marquis

markpierre
19th November 2011, 09:18
You gotta be kidding pie'n'eal. Without your method, I wouldn't be able to feel certain that I wasn't the only one.

Either the only one who's sane, or the only one who's crazy, it doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to be the only one of anything.

Either way, I understand and appreciate you a lot.

Or maybe that's a worry.

Bollinger
19th November 2011, 09:56
On this forum we are all on some sort of personal discovery. I am on a personal path which I practise. As I go along I like to share what has been discovered. It seems only fair to do so. Writing here is merely an extension of this practice.

I like being precise, and this can be extremely irritating I know, but it is useful if one wants a direct approach. What is written will not be to everyone's taste, that is only natural. We may even find that we fall into certain groups, that is fine. Questioning achieves much; arguing achieves nothing.
Be happy with your view.

I love to discuss things, but to have personal attacks (which I do not in the least mind as it can help hone the subject) does seem to disrupt the thread for others to follow.
Remember to read the title to the post!

I am truly interested in personal views, but get a little bored with the cut and paste approach. It starts to feel like the MIB are behind it!

If you violently disagree or just want to voice your dislike, then the answer is very simple:
Start your own post.

Every few months we seem to have to go through this process of remembering...

All the best,
Tony

Hi Tony (pie'n'eal),

Wasn't sure whether or not to add a "thank you" for that might mean I agree with what you were saying. Irritation is an irrational emotion and as much as one tries to avoid it, it might from time to time surface and provoke a reply designed to irritate back. That's just the way we are.

However, that doesn't mean we have to "stay" irritated. The optimum position is not to get irritated in the first place, (this is in general, not anything to do with your posts in particular, which I myself have never found irritating in any way) but failing that the next best thing is reconciliation both with oneself as well as with the other party.

In any case, I don't think you have anything to worry about or any cause to require endorsement from me or anyone else for that matter.

Kind regards.

Bollinger

Daft Ada
19th November 2011, 11:56
Mate I don't think I have ever been offended or otherwise by your posts, mind you if I had I wouldn't remember as I never hold grudges, But having read the two pages in answer to your post the words of an old song come to mind.
Don't ask me what I think of you, you might not get the answer that you wanted to ;)

Aryslan
19th November 2011, 12:06
Ah, acceptance, it is a wonderful thing.

Tony
19th November 2011, 13:42
I'm a little lost for words!!!!!!!

Tarka the Duck
19th November 2011, 13:44
First time for everything...;)

Jenci
19th November 2011, 14:37
People don't necessarily respond to the words they are reading on a forum or the words spoken to them in person.

They respond to what they see through a filter of their conditioning and identity which can include concepts, beliefs, judgements and particularly their pain. Very often someone will respond to us in such a way that we could question whether or not we were both involved in the same conversation. This is how a lot of arguments begin - "I never said that".

Freedom works all ways. If we are to be free to be exactly who we are and need to be ........then we give others the freedom to be the same.

I'm new to this forum so not sure of the history of this. I'm just offering some thoughts on why people don't always seem to reply in context of a topic title.
Jeanette

toothpick
19th November 2011, 15:47
Hi pie'n'eal.
Great thread, man
Must disagree on one point, hope you don,t mind?
The part about arguing, i kinda like a good argument now and then.
Not the kind with yelling and screamng and making faces, but, the kind that could easily end in a vicious arm wrestling match or a chess match.
Just kiddng man, these days i,m more likely to give someone a big bear hug rather than argue with them, thanks to people like your self with personal wisdom that they do not mind sharing with us still learning avalonians that are right behind you by the way, ok i admit, i am quite a way back., but gaining all the time.:cool:
In all seriuosness i try to not miss your posts, even though some of them are away over my head, i always enjoy and learn from them.
Please don,t stop posting we all need your sage advice.