PDA

View Full Version : Martin Armstrong is back - the upcoming "Financial Armageddon"

Paul
21st November 2011, 01:41
Martin Armstrong might be the best economist alive (in my view.) His encyclopedic knowledge of past economic events, his brilliant insights into current global financial events and his prescient forecasts of future turns are legendary. He's a straight shooter to boot. He has deep experience for many decades at the highest levels with currency, foreign exchange (of money) and our monetary system.

Our current Dollar Reserve system has somewhat been in place since the Bretton Woods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system) agreement at the end of World War II. It was ungrounded from gold in 1971 when Nixon closed the gold window. Armstrong has long predicted that this Dollar Reserve system will fail. He expects that it is now approaching its final, climatic, collapse, within the next year or four, after increasing market and currency volatility.

Armstrong spent the last several years in prison, on trumped up (in his view, and mine) contempt charges, stopping his paid work and slowing his research and free work. He got out of prison in March 2011, and has been cranking out good stuff since then. If I hadn't been spending far too much time on this forum :), I'd have noticed his release from prison and return to active work many months ago.

Perhaps the easiest introduction to Martin Armstrong are these two recent interviews by Eric King of King World News (http://kingworldnews.com). Click on "Listen To MP3 - CLICK HERE" (left side, part way down) to hear interview.

Oct 2, 2011 (http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2011/10/2_Martin_Armstrong.html)
Oct 15, 2011 (http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2011/10/15_Martin_A._Armstrong.html).

You can find his work at his site Writings from Martin Armstrong (http://armstrongeconomics.com/martin_armstrong_writings/), or at the kwaves.com unaffiliated site Martin Armstrong Economic Projections (http://www.martinarmstrong.org/economic_projections.htm).

A couple of his recent essays, available at either of the two links in the previous paragraph, that are worth reading first are:

Financial Armageddon - Is this the equivalent to the fall of Rome (http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/Financial%20Armageddon%2011-04-2011.pdf)
The Dollar and Its Reserve Currency Status. (http://www.inflateordie.com/files/Reserve%20Currency%2010-02-2011.pdf)

You can find a brief biographies of him at Martin Armstrong Biography (http://princetoneconomics.blogspot.com/2010/02/martin-armstrong-bio.html), and at Martin A. Armstrong (Wikipedia) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong).

Armstrong anticipates that a reasonable resolution would be replacing the Dollar, as the world's Reserve Currency, with a single, separate, world reserve currency, while individual nations, including the US and the various European nations, issued their own national currencies and bonds. International trade would normally be settled in units of the new world reserve currency. He anticipates that Europe's monetary system will fail rather soon, in a climatic fashion. In the short term, when that happens the Dollar will strengthen (weaker gold price.) Japan is also in very deep trouble. The U.S. Dollar will be the last to fail (within a few days, anyway, for when it fails, it takes any remaining currencies using the Dollar as a reserve with it.)

Limor Wolf
21st November 2011, 02:45
Hello Paul,thanks for introducing and recommending (for those who are not familiar with) Martin Armstrong.

Funny,The industrial era has began in the late 18th century but the 'Bretton woods' agreement and the current Dollar reserve system is from the end of WWII.

I wonder if Martin Armstrong is giving any predictions on when will it all happen,also where is it going to lead the world (in his view),financially wise in later phases and how much he relates to the economy as a staged game that is in the hands of only a handfull of people..

GlassSteagallfan
21st November 2011, 03:33
...also where is it going to lead the world (in his view),financially wise in later phases and how much he relates to the economy as a staged game that is in the hands of only a handfull of people..

In our written history, civilizations have peaked and fallen - monetary systems have reined and disintergrated. After all this experience, you figure we would have learned how to have a harmonious world economy. This shows that our future will have a period of stable economic activity for a time, then it will become as it is today, fully corrupted.

Until the handful of people are known and their staged game exposed, any new financial paradigm will only be a push-back, still vunerable to the 'boil the frog' routine.

Paul
21st November 2011, 03:35
Hello Paul,thanks for introducing and recommending (for those who are not familiar with) Martin Armstrong.
You're welcome.

I wonder if Martin Armstrong is giving any predictions on when will it all happen,also where is it going to lead the world (in his view),financially wise in later phases and how much he relates to the economy as a staged game that is in the hands of only a handfull of people.
Sometime within the next 5 years or so, the current Dollar Reserve global monetary arrangements will collapse. It could happen anytime however; there is enough toxic paper and interlocking arrangements to blow it up anytime.

If the politicians don't completely fail, we'll transition to a world reserve currency that is separate and distinct from any one nations currency. International trade will be denominated in that reserve currency, and the relative value of any given national currency (such as the pound or the dollar) to that reserve currency will vary, depending on how well that country manages its finances.

Armstrong's world view has no concept (that I can see) of a handful of very powerful running things - neither Rothschilds nor aliens :). When the political, corporate and financial elite do things that seem senseless, he blames it on their greed and ignorance. He plays it straight up, at the level he sees it. This part of the reason he ended up in prison so long; he didn't realize how deeply dishonest and treacherous the "system" is. He sees certain, almost mystically cyclic behaviors , in the economic world, and relies in part on his analysis of these cycles. He does not seem to much given to grand conspiracy theories; though after his tangle with US courts and prisons, he is more aware of their deep corruption. For all I know, he still thinks 19 Arab hijackers with boxcutters were the central characters in 9/11.

To the extent that what is to come can only be anticipated or explained using a deus ex machina such as the Rothschilds or aliens, his work will fail.

However he knows the level he does work at better than anyone I can think of; and that level has a "logic of its own", the understanding of which can provide much useful insight into what is happening or forthcoming.

As with my discussion of Lindsey Williams (a southern US Christian preacher with inside words from a couple of petro executives), and even my discussion of Paul LaViolette, I do not reject a witness because he is clueless in one area, if he has valuable insight or testimony in some other area. Similarly, I would not reject a musician for being blind, or a painter for being deaf.

jackovesk
22nd November 2011, 06:50
Anyone see a (Problem) here..?

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298372_291910587497262_204904669531188_972586_5386 24104_n.jpg

norman
22nd November 2011, 07:40
Armstrong's world view has no concept (that I can see) of a handful of very powerful running things - neither Rothschilds nor aliens :).

What Armstrong is describing is just the dynamics of the situation in the markets. It's all as he says it is.

He doesn't have to talk about a few top dogs playing big games. They are as aware of all this as he his. They know the probable reactions to events very well and will be planning accordingly.

Limor Wolf
22nd November 2011, 09:02
Anyone see a (Problem) here..?

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298372_291910587497262_204904669531188_972586_5386 24104_n.jpg

Are we 'hamstering' (Running on the wheel and not getting anywhere) ?- 'been there ,done that'.

This is partly why now we are required for a different pattern,or a different way of thinking that will drop us off that wheel.The reason I asked Paul if Armstrong relates to the economy 'game' and the fact that its played by a few people on top,is because,although good economists today can have great current and future vision of the markets,and a good understanding of the global economy,they do not actually relate to the whole picture and therefore ,keep hamstering on the wheel (as Jackovesk hinted).

Taking those into consideration,I like to listen to

Adrian Salbuchi - Argentinian International analyst

UlDNMB6wYmI

And Max keiser (keiser report) - a former Wall Street broker

Someone wrote about him:

"Keiser 's jolly good rants about the rigged so-called free market, which he terms neo-feudal corporate occupation, are not to be missed."

6OlufNkBp9A

In it it says: "The entire world's financials are soon once again crumbling and part of the reason,of course,are the oligarchys that rules our world and have not faced justice for that,because they are part of the oligarchy,there is no differantiation between heads of these banks and heads of the government,but,the other ingredient is propoganda...and how it confuses the population."

This is the angle from wich I am interested to learn what's financially is happening in the world today.

crosby
22nd November 2011, 09:20
imho, he cannot be a top financial economist and not know how it really works. this is probably the reason that he spent some time in the slammer. i figure that he may have scared the ptw way back in the day, they saw him as a potential threat. so at present, he will keep the economic lingo directed where the sheeple gather to listen. there is no other explanation for his incarceration.

his release could not have come at a better time. more and more people are waking up and his intelligence combined with the likes of max keiser will get the word out to the rest of the chattle. i'm truly excited about this. i am listening to his interview with kerry lutz right now. i've posted the link for you. good stuff, have a listen.
gwk_gvXZLUY

thanks paul, excellent thread.
regards, corson

Limor Wolf
22nd November 2011, 11:35
Thank you for the link Carson! and thanks again Paul for introducing Martin Armstrong here.I think it will be Presumptuous of me to imply that Armstrong -a former head of Princeton Economics is not the best economist as paul says,or that he is not conducive to the public's understanding of the economic system with its corruption,and where America and the world is heading...

I have listened to Carson's link and the first interview (2 october,2011) with king world news that Paul attached,I tend to agree with Paul that the man's assesments plus his few last years experience have gave him some briliiant insgihts to the current global financial events,Mybe he even believes that its not wise to remain in the old economic methods that went bunkrupt.So,he plays kind of an opposition to the system.

The only thing that I am refering to (keeping in mind that we are an 'alternative' forum) is that,we are in times that we have to hit the nail on the head,so to speak,Opposition keeps the system rolling,while the ideal would be to shout outload that the king is naked.

Armstrong has predicted the 'financial armagedon' and the fall of the dollar long time ago,according to what Paul says,and now he supports countries to continue and keep their own currencies,However,when importing/exporting than they use the reserve global currency and the prices of the products shall be determined according to how each country manages its own finances. well,that in my opinion is as far from equality as it can be,and it does not provide a fair chance to all those countries in the world that do not have the economic ability or economic knowledge to play this 'financial game'.

Than we are back at base one.

I think that I am suffering from a lack of patience when it comes to what does not work in our world, or to those who do not work for the benefit of all.Imo,they have to go! In order for them to go,explicit words need to be said.

So for me,it is the distinction between 'this is a coruptted system,therefore the dollar will soon fall, and bewteen - 'This is a DELIBERATE act wich can not hold anymore and in general,it must be replaced.'

Paul
22nd November 2011, 13:43
Armstrong has predicted the 'financial armagedon' and the fall of the dollar long time ago,according to what Paul says,and now he supports countries to continue and keep their own currencies,However,when importing/exporting than they use the reserve global currency and the prices of the products shall be determined according to how each country manages its own finances. well,that in my opinion is as far from equality as it can be,and it does not provide a fair chance to all those countries in the world that do not have the economic ability or economic knowledge to play this 'financial game'.

Excellent comments above by all. Thanks.

When I wrote "top economist" above, it was (semi-consciously) with a bit of a cynicism. Rather like saying that Joe Smith is the best dentist in town, because he does the finest job of installing mercury fillings, while overlooking the systemic toxicity of that mercury :).

I suspect, Limor, that so long as we have a global energy economics that is dominated by petroleum scarcity, there is no fair and equitable world monetary system that "works well". That makes about as much sense as having Geneva Conventions (for war) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions) that "work well."

From where I sit, the truth comes in many levels ... a finely crafted mercury filling, an honorable war, a fair and equitable petro-based world economy ... these may all exist at one level, while being deeply toxic at another level.

Thanks for reminding myself and the other readers of this thread that what passes for "world class economics" these days is toxic.

Paul
22nd November 2011, 13:47
Anyone see a (Problem) here..?Awesome pictures, Jackovesk. Thanks.

Paul
22nd November 2011, 14:04
imho, he cannot be a top financial economist and not know how it really works. this is probably the reason that he spent some time in the slammer. i figure that he may have scared the ptw way back in the day, they saw him as a potential threat. so at present, he will keep the economic lingo directed where the sheeple gather to listen. there is no other explanation for his incarceration.
Yes, likely so.

By his (Armstrong's) telling, if I remember correctly, he became aware of some high level corruption that was stealing from some of his clients, and apparently would not close his eyes and pretend not to see it. The corruption turned on him, charging him with that stealing, and put him in the slammer for quite a few years, for contempt of court. His alleged contempt was refusing to return the ill-gotten gains of his theft, never mind that he wasn't the thief, didn't have it, and couldn't return it. (There is a good chance I have some of the details here incorrect.)

But, at a larger level, you may well be right on, corson. Armstrong may have decided that "discretion is the better part of valor", and determined, perhaps not by conscious choice, to confine his insights to an arena less threatening to The Bastards in Power (TBiP).