PDA

View Full Version : What I was taught......

truth4me
21st November 2011, 15:26
I was taught that America was the greatist and most wonderful country in the world. I was taught that the white man was above all the other races. I was taught that women were inferior to men. I was taught to work hard and be loyal to the company and you would make it in life. I was taught not to question authority just accept it. I was taught to look down on poor people because they were trash. I was taught to accept your lot in life. I was taught to look up to rich people with respect because they had money. I was taught it was alright to get drunk and sleep around. I was taught you had to get down on your knees and beg from God not to send you to hell. I was taught that homosexuals were scum equaled to any one who took another outside their race. I was taught not to talk about "aliens and ghosts and E.T's" for people would think you were crazy.....I was taught countless other things I can't remember.......

What I LEARNED was that it was all lies............

jagman
21st November 2011, 15:43
May I ask who taught you these things?

Centauro
21st November 2011, 15:46
Don't feel bad truth4me, I was taught to hate myself because I was homo. Till I was 18 I thought I was the scum of the earth... then I was asked to get shock treatments to get rid of this perversion or I would burn in hell for ever. At 21 I had enough and screamed my lungs out and sent everyone to hell and started living my life.... now here I am a much better person than I was and the wiser. I think you reach that as well or you wouldn't be here tight? Keep loving and don't stop... that is all it matters.

Roland el Centauro

CdnSirian
21st November 2011, 15:48
I was taught that America was the greatist and most wonderful country in the world. I was taught that the white man was above all the other races. I was taught that women were inferior to men. I was taught to work hard and be loyal to the company and you would make it in life. I was taught not to question authority just accept it. I was taught to look down on poor people because they were trash. I was taught to accept your lot in life. I was taught to look up to rich people with respect because they had money. I was taught it was alright to get drunk and sleep around. I was taught you had to get down on your knees and beg from God not to send you to hell. I was taught that homosexuals were scum equaled to any one who took another outside their race. I was taught not to talk about "aliens and ghosts and E.T's" for people would think you were crazy.....I was taught countless other things I can't remember.......

What I LEARNED was that it was all lies............:sad:

And what is true for you now? How did your path lead you here? If you want to share...:)

John Parslow
21st November 2011, 15:57
Hello Roland

Don'r feel bad truth4me, I was taught to hate myself because I was homo. Till I was 18 I thought I was the scum of the earth... then I was asked to get shock treatments to get rid of this perversion or I would burn in hell for ever. At 21 I had enough and screamed my lungs out and sent everyone to hell and started living my life.... now here I am a much better person that I was and the wiser. I think you reach that as well or you wouldn't be here tight? Keep loving and don't stop... that is all it matters.

Roland el Centauro

Thank you so much for your truth and honesty - I can only apologise for the hatred and scorn you had to endure during your early years on behalf of my fellow humans - if it helps we are not all the same ...

Love and peace to you my friend. JP :cool:

Centauro
21st November 2011, 16:14
Thanks John, even though I was taught that, even that early on I new who I was and din't pay much attention to what I heard. I had a good childhood in my own little world. I might had affected me if i wouldn't have been by the realization that I was just special.... isn't that the extreme of a blown up ego? Must be cause I am a Leo. LOL Lucky me, someone was already watching over me then.

Roland el Centauro

Lord Sidious
21st November 2011, 16:19

Oh boy, I recognise the energy signature of some of these.
I too had learned that the whites were superior and not to mix the races.
Also to look down on homosexuals.
But, like you, I woke up and realised that was not the real ways, this was all false.
Every now and then, I see things that remind me of my journey and passing through those stations that you guys would call ''racism'' and ''neo nazism'' and man, am I thankful they weren't my destination.
It is a funny feeling, the energy is so foreign to me now that it is almost like looking at someone else's life when I think about it.
Glad to see you moved past all that too.

Don'r feel bad truth4me, I was taught to hate myself because I was homo. Till I was 18 I thought I was the scum of the earth... then I was asked to get shock treatments to get rid of this perversion or I would burn in hell for ever. At 21 I had enough and screamed my lungs out and sent everyone to hell and started living my life.... now here I am a much better person than I was and the wiser. I think you reach that as well or you wouldn't be here tight? Keep loving and don't stop... that is all it matters.

Roland el Centauro

Well, Roland, homosexuals are like every other group on the planet.
There are good, bad and others in the group, if we use those terms.
I have known people in the past who were homosexual and one guy was far better than his brother who was ''straight'' but an arsehole.
Don't beat yourself up over things that are you.
It isn't like you bought the wrong colour car or something, just accept what is and then move on.

scanner
21st November 2011, 16:20
I was taught to lie and steal from others , I was taught not be honest , I was taught the truth is lies . Who taught me this ? my parents, your parents , society taught me this . I taught this

Star1111
21st November 2011, 16:27
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...... I was taught to :
Believe in yourself.
Be your own person.
Do what you want in life but not at someone elses expense
Be Honest, be Kind.
Stand up for what you believe in but not in an agressive way but an assertive way
Keep your independence
Enjoy your life, but everything in moderation

I had a FANTASTIC teacher................... my Mum.................LOVE YA MUM !!

Eagle
21st November 2011, 16:27
To unlearn almost everything that we have been taught for a lifetime takes some getting used to and doesn’t happen overnight to most of us. Out of all the things that I have learned that were of the most detriment was school. I hated school as a kid and all the way up to high school. When I got to college and pulled a 3.5 GPA instead of a 1.5 in high school it was because I was learning things that I wanted to know and not the mass teachings as a child. The second most detrimental was religion. Being taught that we are all brothers and sisters but not putting forth the effort to act like one is really a road block. I can’t love my fellow man if I am taught that I am not perfect and only God can forgive me. I could go on but we all get it I think.

truth4me
21st November 2011, 16:28
My awakening started in 1997 with the break up of my little "happy american home". Bitter divorce and my wife left me for a girl 17 years younger then herself whom she met on the internet. It ,the awakening,do not hit full force till 2008 and it hit hard. As I see it now it was all in the plan.....my cosmic spiritual growth plan.

In my own way I'm a miracle....in my 20's and 30's the lifestyle I lead......you don't have to live in HOLLYWOOD to be in HOLLYWOOD that's for sure. I almost O.D'ed twice, I was lucky not to get AIDS and not to be in jail for crimes that I committed YET Karma justice wears many coats. I was drawn to the crazy crowd so to speak. When it came to women and men I walked both sides of the street if you get my drift so the irony of my wife leaving was not lost on me.

My father ,earthly that is, I still love yet we don't speak for he is of the "white people are the only ones going to heaven southern type". He whipped me in the 2nd grade for mentioning "a flying saucer took my mother away" to my teacher. My father despite his many flaws was very good at spanking with the heavy end of a belt tied around one hand.

Everyone of us has a story and mine just like yours could fill a book. I'm 51 now and off of any kind of drug except OTC for colds etc;. a grandfather 3 times over and straight as a flag poll. I found this site......to be honest forgot how but proud I did. Truth seeking is my life now.........

John Parslow
21st November 2011, 16:35
Hello truth4me

My awakening started in 1997 with the break up of my little "happy american home". Bitter divorce and my wife left me for a girl 17 years younger then herself whom she met on the internet. It ,the awakening,do not hit full force till 2008 and it hit hard. As I see it now it was all in the plan.....my cosmic spiritual growth plan.

In my own way I'm a miracle....in my 20's and 30's the lifestyle I lead......you don't have to live in HOLLYWOOD to be in HOLLYWOOD that's for sure. I almost O.D'ed twice, I was lucky not to get AIDS and not to be in jail for crimes that I committed YET Karma justice wears many coats. I was drawn to the crazy crowd so to speak. When it came to women and men I walked both sides of the street if you get my drift so the irony of my wife leaving was not lost on me.

My father ,earthly that is, I still love yet we don't speak for he is of the "white people are the only ones going to heaven southern type". He whipped me in the 2nd grade for mentioning "a flying saucer took my mother away" to my teacher. My father despite his many flaws was very good at spanking with the heavy end of a belt tied around one hand.

Everyone of us has a story and mine just like yours could fill a book. I'm 51 now and off of any kind of drug except OTC for colds etc;. a grandfather 3 times over and straight as a flag poll. I found this site......to be honest forgot how but proud I did. Truth seeking is my life now.........

Thank you for being so courageous and honest - it takes a big man to admit any frailties and these are just a part of life my friend. I sincerely hope you are in a much happier place now ...

Love and peace to you. JP :cool:

THIRDEYE
21st November 2011, 16:40
truth4me ty for this post....when i became old enough to understand my parents rules about 5yro...i rebellled i had imaginary friends,and was always rebellious to my parents...as a result i grew up with severe abuse...my parents and the school physcologists said they couldnt understand my behavior...i know now that i didnt belong in this world..ive always said i wanted to go home...and home is not here....i did make a good life for me and my mediate family but it was on my terms....ive always had problems with authority....i had to relearn and let go of alot of resentment and anger....im still letting go too this day....truth4me you are loved and not a piecs of ****...that is the garbage and baggae you picked up along the way...i love you as my brother or sister unconditionally...and you can make it through the other side cause i have..and im awakened to the foulness of this world we live in....i started a post i want to go home and got numerous responses from the loving poeple here at avolon look it up...may bring you some comfort your not alone my friend...with light love and abundance too all .....thirdeye....

Lord Sidious
21st November 2011, 16:41

Well, people aren't white, black or anything else, that is a description of the vehicle we inhabit.
Sort of like getting bent out of shape that your friend has a green car and you hate green.
As a very bright lady told me, we are all souls born in different places on this planet.
Your father might find that his judgement will prevent him from reaching whatever he was meant to in this life.

Loveisall21
21st November 2011, 16:41
I was taught so many silly things. It's staggering when I really think about how many things I was taught that are pure fabrications. But my parents truly believed these things. They still do. They will probably till their last breath. It's like the door is sealed shut. I'm sort of fascinated by the people who grow up and continue to believe in lies. Why? Maybe it's a silly question, but why do some wake up and see the absurdity of the lies and other's simply don't?

Lord Sidious
21st November 2011, 16:43
I was taught so many silly things. It's staggering when I really think about how many things I was taught that are pure fabrications. But my parents truly believed these things. They still do. They will probably till their last breath. It's like the door is sealed shut. I'm sort of fascinated by the people who grow up and continue to believe in lies. Why? Maybe it's a silly question, but why do some wake up and see the absurdity of the lies and other's simply don't?

I put it like this, they believe certain things because it isn't their time yet.
Sort of like trying to teach calculus to a grade three maths student, they won't get it either.

scanner
21st November 2011, 16:44
I was taught so many silly things. It's staggering when I really think about how many things I was taught that are pure fabrications. But my parents truly believed these things. They still do. They will probably till their last breath. It's like the door is sealed shut. I'm sort of fascinated by the people who grow up and continue to believe in lies. Why? Maybe it's a silly question, but why do some wake up and see the absurdity of the lies and other's simply don't?Conditioning

Eric J (Viking)
21st November 2011, 16:49
Yep, ... just check my signature!

viking

Loveisall21
21st November 2011, 16:52
Yes, but I was brought up being conditioned too. So it's just a curious thing to me. Two people are brought up conditioned the same way. One person grows up and gradually sees it all a load of bull and the other laps it up and is now doling it out to the next generation.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I put it like this, they believe certain things because it isn't their time yet.
Sort of like trying to teach calculus to a grade three maths student, they won't get it either.

Yes, probably as simple as that.

mosquito
22nd November 2011, 02:03
Thanks for your truth and openness Truth4me, and to everyone else. I guess we've all got our stories of conditioning, but one thing I'd like to add, which I think we all ought to bear in mind -

I lived in South Africa for 4 years during the 80's and quickly realised that the biggest "racists" weren't the 4th and 5th generation white South Africans, by far the worst racists were the working-class Brits, the ones who'd be at the bottom of the heap at home, but when they arrived in a new country theyfound there was another class of people they could kick. Which eventually led me to realise that I couldn't really sit in judgment of South Africans, as they's been brought up to believe in their superiority.

So I forgive myself for hating homosexuals when I was young, I also was taught they were evil. I forgive myself for being a racist when I was young, I was brought up to believe they were inferior. But most importantly I forgive my mother - she taught me these things because that was what she'd been taught.

My mother remained a racist for most of her life, but when she was in a nursing home, the nurse who she most liked, the only one she spoke highly of was - yep, you've guessed it, black.

Asyloth
22nd November 2011, 02:20
I was taught that if I didn’t work well at school, I would become a garbage man,
So I’ve done very well at school, but yet I’m unemployed today.

I was taught that politicians were there to represent and be an extension of the people,
Yet all I see in politics are selfish men and women speaking empty words and that couldn’t care less about the people.

I was taught I was born in a democracy,
Yet I’ve seen that it’s just there to blanket oligarchy and tyranny.

I was taught I was free,
Yet I was never allowed to do what I wanted (but finally did it anyway).

I was taught humans are evil by nature,
Yet I see so many great people caring and worrying for each other, and children that look so pure and innocent.

I was taught earth was the only planet in the whole universe carrying life,
Yet it’s logical that the universe is full of life.

I was taught that life was nothing more than a chemical accident,
Yet I’ve always wondered how it could be possible.

I was taught that matter was all there is,
Yet there’s a lot more than that.

I was taught to do as I was told,
And I did so, for a while, but not anymore.

I was taught many things, but actually I wasn’t taught anything.

shadowstalker
22nd November 2011, 02:22
I was not taught all that neg crap, at least not from my parents.
I don't really want to get into what my grandparents(my father's side) TRIED to teach us..

What my parents taught me is:
Soul mates/soul groups exist
Reincarnation is real.
UFO'S/aliens/spirits are real.
Psychic abilities are real.(as they where helping me expand my gifts and work with them)
Dreams are another frequency as with all things.
Do what ye will harm none (as they use to be witches as well)
Love/forgive and try to understand what ever come your way.

I was never taught the love your country stuff.
I was never taught to never question authority.
I was never taught to be a racist. (at least not by my parents, my grandmother tried ,but it didn't work)

Healthy Skeptic
22nd November 2011, 02:33

And, I mean this with 'complete respect', were you also taught that the Second World War was started with the Japanese 'attack on Pearl Harbor'??

Simonm
22nd November 2011, 06:48
Coming from a decent family in the UK, i was taught very similar to most of the others on this thread. Study hard, work hard and obey authority. I left school with a decent education, but at a time when millions were out of work and fighting for the scraps of a crap life.

I joined the army and, to be honest liked it. I liked the lads, the work, the craic. However, after been on a ship (QE2) sailing south to war I suddenly realised life was losing it's appeal. Many weeks later I was sailing home with all my youthful exuberance gone. Instead was the hatred of others, memories of my actions, knowing my life would be so different from that moment on. I had learnt to hate.

It has taken me many years to fight my feelings. I have fought drug use and alcohol abuse. I still wake up screaming about the actions I carried out. I have a good family that keep me grounded. My son is my life now and I’m learning to not hate.

I need help, but after finally seeing the world for what it is, I’m getting better. I see a glimmer of hope. I have learnt about the universal consciousness. I still need help to be able to let go completely, but don't know where to look. Avalon is a brilliant place with so many nice people who all seem to know what to do. Hopefully Ill learn faster now and be a better person than I have been

Thank you all for your contributions.

BMJ
22nd November 2011, 09:45
truth4me I think both you and I went to the same school.

BMJ
22nd November 2011, 09:50
I was taught that if I didn’t work well at school, I would become a garbage man,
So I’ve done very well at school, but yet I’m unemployed today.

I was taught that politicians were there to represent and be an extension of the people,
Yet all I see in politics are selfish men and women speaking empty words and that couldn’t care less about the people.

I was taught I was born in a democracy,
Yet I’ve seen that it’s just there to blanket oligarchy and tyranny.

I was taught I was free,
Yet I was never allowed to do what I wanted (but finally did it anyway).

I was taught humans are evil by nature,
Yet I see so many great people caring and worrying for each other, and children that look so pure and innocent.

I was taught earth was the only planet in the whole universe carrying life,
Yet it’s logical that the universe is full of life.

I was taught that life was nothing more than a chemical accident,
Yet I’ve always wondered how it could be possible.

I was taught that matter was all there is,
Yet there’s a lot more than that.

I was taught to do as I was told,
And I did so, for a while, but not anymore.

I was taught many things, but actually I wasn’t taught anything.

It's nice to see a youngling wise beyond his years, mix with your pears and spread the wisdom. :>

Loveisall21
22nd November 2011, 19:44
Coming from a decent family in the UK, i was taught very similar to most of the others on this thread. Study hard, work hard and obey authority. I left school with a decent education, but at a time when millions were out of work and fighting for the scraps of a crap life.

I joined the army and, to be honest liked it. I liked the lads, the work, the craic. However, after been on a ship (QE2) sailing south to war I suddenly realised life was losing it's appeal. Many weeks later I was sailing home with all my youthful exuberance gone. Instead was the hatred of others, memories of my actions, knowing my life would be so different from that moment on. I had learnt to hate.

It has taken me many years to fight my feelings. I have fought drug use and alcohol abuse. I still wake up screaming about the actions I carried out. I have a good family that keep me grounded. My son is my life now and I’m learning to not hate.

I need help, but after finally seeing the world for what it is, I’m getting better. I see a glimmer of hope. I have learnt about the universal consciousness. I still need help to be able to let go completely, but don't know where to look. Avalon is a brilliant place with so many nice people who all seem to know what to do. Hopefully Ill learn faster now and be a better person than I have been

Thank you all for your contributions.

Simonm,

Evidently you are one of the nice people here too. And the best place to look for answers is within yourself. Within you is all the answers, peace and love that you need. Meditation is the practice and discipline that will help you out the most. All the very best to you.

truth4me
22nd November 2011, 20:16

And, I mean this with 'complete respect', were you also taught that the Second World War was started with the Japanese 'attack on Pearl Harbor'??in school I was taught that BUT I found out later thru research that America knew the Japanese were out there yet did nothing to stop it......also the 6-day war with Israel. LBJ was a terrible president.......I will never stand up for the american pledge of allegiance nor salute an American flag.......America is full of vipers ........believe me if I had the resources I would be gone and quick from the land of"milk and honey"....