PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving thoughts for all

Eagle
23rd November 2011, 17:51
May your kids be well dressed and you turkey be stuffed, or may turkey be well dressed and you kids get stuffed.
May you enjoy a warm peace in your home, or may you have peace in your warm home.
May you find blessings to be thankful for, may you be thankful for your blessings.
May your family be blessed with the grace of God, may God bless your family with grace.
May your day be filled with sounds of celebration, may your celebration be filled sounds of the day
May you walk in the path laid before you, may you lay the path you intend to walk
May you find salvation in your prayers, may your prayers find salvation
May you remember those who are less fortunate, may the less fortunate remember you
I may not walk in your shoes, but your shoes are made for walking
I ask that you remember me, but I will always remember you
May you find happiness in the trials of your life, may your trials bring you happiness
May you keep in your heart the love that God has given you, may God love you for sharing what’s in your heart.

Love = Giving and Receiving
Love to all!

Marianne
23rd November 2011, 18:00
Dig, thanks! Those are a buncha nice sentiments.

I wish all Avalonians could drop by my mom's for Thanksgiving tomorrow -- heaven knows, she's going to have enough food for everybody.

Peace and blessings to all.

Love,
Marianne

jessamy99
23rd November 2011, 18:13
Dear Dig, Marianne and all,

We do not celebrate thanksgiving in England, but I send my love to you all and my wishes that you all have a really wonderful day with your family and friends.

With love, jessamy.

modwiz
23rd November 2011, 18:19
I will now, for a moment, be the turd in the punch bowl. Please forgive me.
I am Native American on both sides of my family, although predominantly European. I have spent many wonderful Thanksgiving holidays in my past. I no longer can 'go there'.
The many fuller blooded NA's I have met and conversed with have a similar view on the day.

I will say that everyday is thanksgiving when walking the good road. I wish all those who will be using this traditional day to get together with their families to be safe and joyful. Also remember the Red Persons who fed the starving pathetic pale butts of our ancestors instead of massacring them. It is the future in front of us now and it is one we all face together.
Peace to us all.

truth4me
23rd November 2011, 18:29
I will now, for a moment, be the turd in the punch bowl. Please forgive me.
I am Native American on both sides of my family, although predominantly European. I have spent many wonderful Thanksgiving holidays in my past. I no longer can 'go there'.
The many fuller blooded NA's I have met and conversed with have a similar view on the day.

I will say that everyday is thanksgiving when walking the good road. I wish all those who will be using this traditional day to get together with their families to be safe and joyful. Also remember the Red Persons who fed the starving pathetic pale butts of our ancestors instead of massacring them. It is the future in front of us now and it is one we all face together.
Peace to us all.After I found out the truth about thanksgiving there is no way I'll ever look at it the same again. Yes, we need to be thankful everyday and I will be with my grandson and when he gets a little older I will tell him truth concerning thanksgiving......

Marianne
23rd November 2011, 18:59
Mod and Truth4me,

I hear you, I have NA blood too... but I see it as a day to get together with family and eat too much.

Maybe I'm just not conscious enough...

Love,
Marianne

13th Warrior
23rd November 2011, 19:07
Well i'm a Native American seeing as though i was born here; though i don't have any American Indian blood in me that i know of...

modwiz
23rd November 2011, 19:11
Mod and Truth4me,

I hear you, I have NA blood too... but I see it as a day to get together with family and eat too much.

Love,
Marianne

Don't go there Marianne. My post was about love, joy and moving on with an acknowledgment of the road we walked. I figured if you were in the South you had some NA in you. Tons of it in regular people. It is the blue bloods who avoid it. Plenty of it here in NY as well. We have the Iroquois Nation in our state and into Canada.

Enjoy your family and your day.

modwiz
23rd November 2011, 19:15
Well i'm a Native American seeing as though i was born here; though i don't have any American Indian blood in me that i know of...

NA's do not like the Indian part of it. It was an ignorant, lost, European who started it. My father, where I get my Mohawk blood from, had the same opinion as you. He was an old fashioned American though and couldn't help himself. :rolleyes:

13th Warrior
23rd November 2011, 19:19

NA's do not like the Indian part of it. It was an ignorant, lost, European who started it. My father, where I get my Mohawk blood from, had the same opinion as you. He was an old fashioned American though and couldn't help himself. :rolleyes:

Far be it from me to tell people what to call themselves.

Marianne
23rd November 2011, 19:29
Mod and Truth4me,

Love,
Marianne

Don't go there Marianne. My post was about love, joy and moving on with an acknowledgment of the road we walked. I figured if you were in the South you had some NA in you. Tons of it in regular people. It is the blue bloods who avoid it. Plenty of it here in NY as well. We have the Iroquois Nation in our state and into Canada.

Enjoy your family and your day.

Thanks for your post, Mod, and clarification. I know you are all about the highest road, you show that everyday in your posts and the way you care for us all.

I'm very proud of my Cherokee and Blackfoot blood. I appreciate your bringing love, joy and acknowledgement to our paths.

I'm feeling a bit off kilter today, so will just wish all of us peace and love.

Marianne