PDA

View Full Version : Big Hole In White House Lawn Prompts Big Questions

The One
23rd November 2011, 20:12
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/10/18/us/DIG/DIG-articleLarge.jpg

The project outside the West Wing, said to be renovation of the building’s air-conditioning and electrical systems.

WASHINGTON — President Obama, who has been traveling the country urging Congress to pass his jobs bill so Americans can be put to work on infrastructure projects, need only look out a window in the West Wing to see one such project. Under way on his front lawn for the last 17 months, it is highly visible and yet mysterious.For the first time in recent memory, the ground and pipes beneath the Oval Office are exposed, and each day, workers lower massive concrete blocks several stories underground. Cranes, trucks and construction workers file in and out of the hole, usually through a passageway between the White House and the Old Executive Office Building.

The cavernous hole has inspired much speculation. Is it an Olympic-size swimming pool for the fitness-conscious first couple? A more spacious bunker? A place, perhaps, to hide the deficit?

The General Services Administration says it is an elaborate renovation of the building’s aging air-conditioning and electrical systems. These upgrades take place periodically, a G.S.A. spokeswoman, Sara Merriam, said, adding that Washington’s Big Dig would soon continue on the other side of the White House grounds.

More here http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/us/big-hole-on-white-house-lawn-prompts-speculation.html?_r=1

DevilPigeon
23rd November 2011, 20:22
-----

Air conditioning my arse...! Ok, the White House is a large building, but the photo indicates construction the like of which could satisfy a small town...! And that's only half of it...????

Eagle
23rd November 2011, 20:29
Since the other underground bases were destroyed, now he has to build his own

sidh25
23rd November 2011, 20:37
-----

Air conditioning my arse...! Ok, the White House is a large building, but the photo indicates construction the like of which could satisfy a small town...! And that's only half of it...????

haha very try devilpigeon

Jonathon
24th November 2011, 04:37
LOL air conditioner...

ghostrider
24th November 2011, 05:05
a vent system for air conditioning doesn't go underground, where are your vents in your house ?

johnf
24th November 2011, 05:45
It is a burrow into the hollow earth. In case we turn on the guvmint

markpierre
24th November 2011, 06:22
It's an O bomb a shelter. Forgive me.

Culturing civil unrest and plotting WW3 can be exhausting. And there's that Ron Paul character. The guy is like a giant mosquito.

A president needs a peaceful place to go to unwind. Somewhere dark and familiar, but quieter than certain fellas ar$es.

Underground is good.

Seikou-Kishi
24th November 2011, 06:30
Somebody told him his credibility has gone the way of the dinosaurs, so he's desperately trying to find it lol

norman
24th November 2011, 06:48
I wonder if the project manager's name is Guy Fawks?

eric charles
24th November 2011, 20:13
Hahah this is comical , Air conditioning system and electrical my A*S , im a pipefitter/plumber/steamfitter on heavy construction , this is nothing of the sorts i regret

9eagle9
24th November 2011, 20:16
Like our deficit would fit in a little hole like that ..

RMorgan
24th November 2011, 20:22
Maybe it´s a special system, to avoid poisoning from possible chemical weapons. In this case, it could be very big and possibly underground. It could be bundled with special filtration systems and huge power generators.

Maia Gabrial
24th November 2011, 20:44
Re: Big Hole In White House Lawn Prompts Big Questions
Since the other underground bases were destroyed, now he has to build his own

Now Dig, that makes alot of sense! And it'll probably be where he'll hide the billions he's stolen from us!

mh842
25th November 2011, 01:10
Looks like a big septic system for all the Bull S*(& that he says will help the people.

Operator
25th November 2011, 01:40
No, I guess they don't trust the spectacular results of the LHC and now they build their own to see for themselves .... :loco:

jjjones
25th November 2011, 03:30
initially the price tag for this plumbing,electrical and air-conditioning renovation up grades had a price tag of $365,000,000.00 @ the expense of the tax payers. plzzzzz, the "elite" are really stupid to think that the people are that gullible to believe the renovations going on aren't VERY,VERY SUSPICIOUS AND QUESTIONABLE. we are paying for this and we have the right to know the truth regarding what is Really being built, but it is obvious "elite" do not have the word TRUTH in their vocabulary. would love to see an itemized bill for this renovation, maybe haliburton is doing it at a great discount rate! LOL. wonder how much it cost for the Screw that they are using on WE THE PEOPLE? namaste, peace and love universally